The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ??

+7
SecretFly
Hammersmith harrier
superflyweight
Adam D
Galted
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
11 posters

Go down

Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ?? Empty Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 9 Dec - 22:33

Seems strange but his ....Insulting of transgender people, humiliation at the 2012 GOP convention and his espousing of nice libertarian philosophies seem to dwell in comparison to his fights with Sondra Locke...

The much maligned Sondra bagged an Oscar years before this guy did...Not that many people know that...However I digress..

According to the actress.. Eastwood made her have two abortions because Fatherhood wouldn't suit his lifestyle.........She then found out that Clinty boy had fathered two children with another woman while they were still in a relationship !!.....

She then arrived back one night from directing a film called Impulse to find all the locks on their Bel air mansion had been changed and all her stuff was in storage..

After filing for divorce ...They reached a settlement where Eastwood agreed to set up a film development/directorial pact for Locke at warner Bros....

Six years later she sued Eastwood for allegedly paying Warner Bros compensation to stop her working........Eastwood settled for an undisclosed amount just as the jury were going to find for Locke !!....

She later sued Warner Bros for restraint of trade....They settled too...

Also been criticised for the lack of black characters in his movies....

Clint Eastwood........Not a nice man..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 9 Dec - 22:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ?? Empty Re: Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ??

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 9 Dec - 23:55

The good the bad and the ugly.....

For a few dollars more....

A fist full of dollars...

Some of my fav movies so I can't bash Clint too much plus what does his private life have to do with me?

He was criticised for portraying no black actors in his world war 2 movie about the war in Japan and rightly so because blacks did fight in that war.

but lets remember that Clint directed the bio pic called Bird after the late jazz musician Charlie Bird that showcased a full black cast back in 1988.

Clint is an old man I will look past his anti Obama ramblings and reckless sex life and remember that.....

''You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig''

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ?? Empty Re: Clint Eastwood - Holywood's nastiest man ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Dec - 0:25

I liked Rolf Harris in that pet rescue program....So I can't bash him too much..... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 10 Dec - 8:10

He did have a black actor in a main role in a decent western which is quite a rarity.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec - 21:52

He also banned people fro eating ice cream in the street when he was Mayor of Carmel...the f*cker!

But as Dirty Harry said, "Opinions are like a$$holes...everybody's got one."

Also, was it in "The Gauntlet" when Clint says to Locke "(Out of ten) I'd give you a two....and that's only because I've never seen a one."?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Dec - 22:17

DAVE667 wrote:He also banned people fro eating ice cream in the street when he was Mayor of Carmel...the f*cker!

But as Dirty Harry said, "Opinions are like a$$holes...everybody's got one."

Also, was it in "The Gauntlet" when Clint says to Locke "(Out of ten) I'd give you a two....and that's only because I've never seen a one."?

I thought he was pro ice cream?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec - 23:45

Would sound weird him saying it's illegal NOT to eat ice cream in the street. Check it out and get back to...I don't care enough to put the hard yards in.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 11 Dec - 23:48

Eastwood made a successful foray into elected politics. He won election as mayor in April 1986 of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California (population 4,000), a wealthy small town and artists' community on the Monterey Peninsula. He served one term. A focal point of Eastwood's campaign was to overturn the "ice cream cone law," an ordinance that restricted the sale of fast-food, including ice cream cones.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 11 Dec - 23:51

Spoiler:

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec - 1:45

I knew it was some such w*nkery...top work, this is why, apart from Tina, you're my favourite!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Dec - 3:58

Doesn't that mean he overturned the law that prohibited so was therefore a good thing?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 5 Apr - 21:56

A retired ruthless bounty hunter, and onetime feuding outlaw, and ex-ultra right wing Republican cop???  And we think he should be an angel?

No black men in his movies?  How many Whiteys in Spike Lee's?  

Mr Spike the Perfect, who gets to call all directors that don't include blacks in their movies 'Racist'.  But Mr Spike needs to get bigger specs.  Eastwood rightfully told him where to shove his ass.  Did Mr Spike miss the black guy at the beginning of Dirty Harry? A black man, sharing the screen with Clint in one of the most iconic scenes in movie history.  Jealousy Spike?  Jealous it wasn't you. Or was it just that the Black guy should have had the Magnum?  

Is Morgan Freeman white?  How many Eastwood movies has he been in?  Three?  Is Bird, the Eastwood directed biopic of jazz man Charley Parker, about a white guy?  Was Mandela white?

Sondra Locke.  She did the talking and Eastwood has remained quiet.  So, who are we going to believe? - the spurned woman out to damage the reputation of a man that 'hurt' her feelings but allowed himself to be 'encouraged' into giving her a career step-up to get rid of her?  Or do we believe in the dignity of silence, in that he won't tell the world what he genuinely thought of her.

Obama.  It appears even those of us that celebrated Obama's election, even many Democrats have come to agree with Clint in thinking Obama's Presidency was a wasted opportunity and pretty much so proved to be an eight year conversation with an empty chair.  No Clint wasn't dumb - his 'satire' had the right bite.

No I think I'll stick with Clint.  I think I'd have a much more relaxing, chilled and Nice drink with him than any of his zany critics of the past.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 6 Apr - 3:18

SecretFly wrote:A retired ruthless bounty hunter, and onetime feuding outlaw, and ex-ultra right wing Republican cop???  And we think he should be an angel?

Mr Spike the Perfect, who gets to call all directors that don't include blacks in their movies 'Racist'.  But Mr Spike needs to get bigger specs.  Eastwood rightfully told him where to shove his ass.  Did Mr Spike miss the black guy at the beginning of Dirty Harry? A black man, sharing the screen with Clint in one of the most iconic scenes in movie history.  Jealousy Spike?  Jealous it wasn't you.  Or was it just that the Black guy should have had the Magnum?  

Is Morgan Freeman white?  How many Eastwood movies has he been in?  Three?  Is Bird, the Eastwood directed biopic of jazz man Charley Parker, about a white guy?  Was Mandela white?

Sondra Locke.  She did the talking and Eastwood has remained quiet.  So, who are we going to believe? - the spurned woman out to damage the reputation of a man that 'hurt' her feelings but allowed himself to be 'encouraged' into giving her a career step-up to get rid of her?  Or do we believe in the dignity of silence, in that he won't tell the world what he genuinely thought of her.

Obama.  It appears even those of us that celebrated Obama's election, even many Democrats have come to agree with Clint in thinking Obama's Presidency was a wasted opportunity and pretty much so proved to be an eight year conversation with an empty chair.  No Clint wasn't dumb - his 'satire' had the right bite.

No I think I'll stick with Clint.  I think I'd have a much more relaxing, chilled and Nice drink with him than any of his zany critics of the past.

That was beautiful.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 6 Apr - 6:56

I can't find it within myself to criticise a fellowJjazz fan. Any man who knows his fusion from his hard bop can't be all bad can he.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Apr - 21:20

My issue with Eastwood is that much of what he does these days descends into mawkish sentimentality but I assume that's due in large to his age and awareness of his own mortality. Like De Niro and Pacino, who generally get slated for the sh!te they put their names to these days, Clint has more than enough of a quality resume for us to make allowances for him.

There are bigger pr!cks out there who've done a damn sight less for their chosen profession.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 8 Apr - 20:15

Galted wrote:
SecretFly wrote:A retired ruthless bounty hunter, and onetime feuding outlaw, and ex-ultra right wing Republican cop???  And we think he should be an angel?

Mr Spike the Perfect, who gets to call all directors that don't include blacks in their movies 'Racist'.  But Mr Spike needs to get bigger specs.  Eastwood rightfully told him where to shove his ass.  Did Mr Spike miss the black guy at the beginning of Dirty Harry? A black man, sharing the screen with Clint in one of the most iconic scenes in movie history.  Jealousy Spike?  Jealous it wasn't you.  Or was it just that the Black guy should have had the Magnum?  

That was beautiful.

Too easily pleased Galter. ..

Sondra Locke won both cases...So whether she was bitter is irrelevant..He tried to hurt her career and it cost him..

The GOP convention performance was laugh a minute.

Eastwood voted for Bush twice who had a much lower performance rating than it.. Cool

Boo boom..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 12 Apr - 6:46

Oh I get it, who you vote for dictates how nice you are?  Voting NO to the 'Yes We Can' black guy makes you nasty?  Voting YES for the anti-Christ Bush makes you deluded.  

Let me see................. choices, choices.  It's all about the choices given.

Who would I vote for in the current American Presidential election ?  Let me see..... Trump, the Republican madman (one more time!),  Mr Slick'n'sly honest John, make-up king Cruz... Hillary Clinton or Bernie?

Hmmmm................. wow, those Americans really do know how to make the voting choice easy.  I wouldn't vote for any of them really but you do gotta use your rights won for you by people who died for those rights.

Unfortunately for the Liberal facebook generation, no LGBT black guy up this time, so the moral imperative, populist, 'correct-historical-decision' vote is a no go area too this time.  Darn!

To tell the truth, after the bullcrap that's been thrown at Donald Trump these last few months and how he's handled them, I think he's actually the most genuinely human candidate still standing - even noble Sanders has been caught naughtily twisting Hilary Clinton's words to knife her.  
So - if you have to vote, and everyone should..... Trump is my man Wink  
Who would blame me for making an informed decision based on not much of a chocolate box selection?

Yeah, I'd say Clint has a mean streak.  Most especially I think he has a long memory for considered wrongs done to him.  I think he'd be a bit of an elephant.  He must have been drawn to Josey Wales for a reason - the feud burns strong in him.  So I'd guess his personal feelings might possibly be that an ambitious woman used him, entrapped him, wanted to gain leverage from him and, in the end, he probably considered much of what she wanted out of him to be a version of blackmail.  

Yeah, I'd guess he'd hold a long memory for that kind of relationship and plan a payback at an opportune time.  

But hats off to the woman spurned.  Women spurned have never ever a dark, vicious, nasty, opportunist, vengeful, gold-digging bone in their bodies, bless 'em.  We all know that to be fact Wink  

And the jury agree with me too on that one; though none of them got around to proving it because I reached an out-of-court settlement confirming that I'm always right anyway.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Apr - 19:23

Rambling bunch of crap.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr - 19:32

Bit of a departure from "all opinions welcome" eh TRUSS?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Apr - 19:44

All rambling bunches of crap are also welcome..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr - 19:52

If they were, surely you wouldn't refer to them as such, you'd be more temperate in your approach and refer to them as diametrically opposed points of view, perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 14 Apr - 22:29

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rambling bunch of crap.. Rolling Eyes

Whatever about Eastwood, you're no charmer. Wink
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 15 Apr - 2:06

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The good the bad and the ugly.....

For a few dollars more....

A fist full of dollars...

Some of my fav movies so I can't bash Clint too much plus what does his private life have to do with me?

He was criticised for portraying no black actors in his world war 2 movie about the war in Japan and rightly so because blacks did fight in that war.

but lets remember that Clint directed the bio pic called Bird after the late jazz musician Charlie Bird that showcased a full black cast back in 1988.

Clint is an old man I will look past his anti Obama ramblings and reckless sex life and remember that.....

''You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig''
Those were great films, but maybe Eastwood gets too much credit for them. Aren't they actually Sergio Leone films? For me, he's been in 5 good films, the one's in bold and just 2 more, Escape From Alcatraz and Unforgiven.

His personal life means nothing to me but I did think he looked like a richard talking to the empty chair.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 15 Apr - 22:49

One main black guy the whle film and it's Denzel so it doesn't count
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down