The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Watt at it again !!

5 posters

Go down

Jim Watt at it again !! Empty Jim Watt at it again !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:20 am

I find Jim amusing....If he has a Brit three points up and he loses "It's a disgrace and a stain on Boxing!!!"....

The usual though last night..."I have Abraham three points up but let's hope the judges have been watching something else"..

"Let's hope Murray gets lucky"...

Come on Jim....knock it off !!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Jim Watt at it again !! Empty Re: Jim Watt at it again !!

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:48 am

I did find it funny i actually thought Watt scored it fairly but then to find reasons for MM winning was funny when in my mind and on Jim's own card he clearly had not

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:53 am

Jim seems a nice guy...........I think he's being brought down by the clown next to him...

Although being the analystic commentator he shouldn't use phrases like "That's the good news!!"..

I came here in 89 wheelo........I spent most of Italia 90 in Scotland with my Wife's family and we were in a pub when Germany scored against England in the 1/2 final......

I've never seen such a loud collective orgasm... (though my Wife has!! Cool )

Watt is the first Scot I've seen that wants the English to do well...........

Not that I'm suggesting he is selling out.....I'd never suggest that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:30 am

Yeh was very biased. I had its dead even. Couldn't have argued either way. Had it been in the UK Murray would have won.

He just didn't do enough to steal it from AA in GERMANY.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 am

I Agree Halling brings Jim down, after all Watt can'tsay 'i disagree Nick' throughout the whole fight. I myself want Scottish fighters to win and i'm English so i might be a sellout but i don't care Smile

Ive said it before and ill say it again, how Halling has a job in boxing is beyond me and everyone on this forum i think

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:37 am

Yeh Halling is terrible. At one point in the fight for Crolla (I think he commentated?), Perez got punched wasn't in any trouble at all....and he starts shouting about how hurt he was?! It was either Perez or Murray....never the less it was a load of Poopie!! He just sees what he wants.

Was also funny watching the round by round clips as it just showed slow motions of Abraham smashing Murray and Crolla smashing Perez....when in reality it was working both ways.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:39 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh Halling is terrible. At one point in the fight for Crolla (I think he commentated?), Perez got punched wasn't in any trouble at all....and he starts shouting about how hurt he was?! It was either Perez or Murray....never the less it was a load of Poopie!! He just sees what he wants.

Was also funny watching the round by round clips as it just showed slow motions of Abraham smashing Murray and Crolla smashing Perez....when in reality it was working both ways.

If you on about last night thatwas Adam Smith as Halling and Watt were in Germany

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 am

It's all the saccharine schmaltz Halling comes out with that irks me..........

It's like watching the X factor...

"His Granny said in her dying breath win a WBO for me"...That kind of crap..

Halling sometimes forgets we are watching the same fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Ahhhhhh thanks Wheels. Was going say. It was outrageous commentary. It really is annoying.

Bring Paulo Malignaggi back he has some sense and does not become biased.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 pm

The Watt / Halling narrative is reflective of the kind of fan Sky are pitching to

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Personally, I think the worst part of commentating from the whole weekend was during the Burnett vs Booth fight.

Ok Jason Booth's story is fantastic and inspiring, but is there seriously any need for Smith and McCrory (I think that's who it was anyway) to remind us at least twice every round that he was "on deaths door" or "came through alot" or "its amazing after all he has been through that he is in there fighting for a title"

Had to be at least 20 times they mentioned it that I heard and I missed rounds 7-11 due to going to pick up my chinese.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:18 pm

alanqlm wrote:Personally, I think the worst part of commentating from the whole weekend was during the Burnett vs Booth fight.

Ok Jason Booth's story is fantastic and inspiring, but is there seriously any need for Smith and McCrory (I think that's who it was anyway) to remind us at least twice every round that he was "on deaths door" or "came through alot" or "its amazing after all he has been through that he is in there fighting for a title"

Had to be at least 20 times they mentioned it that I heard and I missed rounds 7-11 due to going to pick up my chinese.

It did get tiresome and repeated over and over

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down