The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ?

+5
HammerofThunor
marty2086
SecretFly
No 7&1/2
LordDowlais
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ? - Page 2 Empty The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ?

Post by LordDowlais Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Well the question is in the title really. The new champions cup starts this weekend. At the start of all this fiasco we were promised by the PRL that there were 5 global brands ready to sponsor the tournament with the promise of riches for everyone. That was in 2013. Now 2yrs later we have 2 sponsors.Heineken, and Turkish airlines. Where are all these promises ? The second tier is still a joke that is not taken seriously by the French. Before last seasons tournament we were promised more sponsors, and they did not come. Now we have the PRL saying that they do not care if they get 4 or 5 sponsors because the tele money more and more than covers the difference.

When are people going to realise that these new fractions who are trying to run the game and wrestle control from the unions are not the be all and end all they claim to be ? There are now rumblings coming from England that the PRL wants to run the whole professional game there. Are they seriously to be trusted ? The PRL are just an organisation full of false promises and the European competitions are no better off than when they were run by the Unions.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ?

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

Well at least the Irish will get some much needed respite while LD directs his anger towards the PRL.

Back to top Go down

The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Champions cup, where are all these big sponsors ?

Post by LordDowlais Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:43 am

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Well at least the Irish will get some much needed respite while LD directs his anger towards the PRL.

Please show me where I have attacked the Irish on here. OK

I argue with them, but I never go and attack them.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 11 Nov 2015, 11:16 am

You must have very broad shoulders LD in order to carry the amount of chips you seem to have. Now you're going to pick on the poor PRL? Smile

P.S. You have attacked Ulster Rugby on occasion, referring to the fans as thugs etc.

P.P.S. What's the problem with the current european format anyway? There's no chance any Pro12 outfir will win it until we have the level playing field it seems the PRL desired so much i.e. euro-wide salary caps to halt the French grip on the trophy.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2