The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magners League 11/12

+21
thebandwagonsociety
Dorothy_Mantooth
funnyExiledScot
Rava
tlazarus9
Don Alfonso
XR
stevetynant
munkian
RuggerRadge2611
BuzzScarlet
bmcr
greybeard
Feckless Rogue
offload
DaDubs1
red_stag
MBTGOG
Notch
Hydroxymoron
Kingshu
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Magners League 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Magners League 11/12

Post by Kingshu Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

How do people expect the League to go next year, taking into account that it is a world cup year so a lot of players will be rested or away, and the current signings/departures of the teams in the league.

No point us looking at H-cup yet until the draw is made.

Personally I think both Munster and Leinster have enough strength in depth, to manage when the internationals are away on world cup duty. Ulster have recuited well again this year and will lose less players to international duty and are going to be stronger next year.

Therefore I beleive the top 3 will be these 3 teams again.

Cardiff Blues have an aging pack and will lose players to the wc, the replacements arn't as good quality, I think they are going to enter a rebuild phase this year, with the senor players at the world cup and having to play younger players, hence I see them slipping back this year.

Ospreys are also entering a rebuilding phase, but have the depth to be able to do it, expect them to struggle at start of season and when wc is on, but will gel and be a good team in second half of season, and may sneak a play off place.

Scarlets have gone through the rebuilding stage and are showing the benefits, however it will again be the lack of squad depth that lets them down in the final 3rd of the season again.

Dragons are improving and will lose least players to the wc and will pick up some wins as a result, expect them to improve on last year.

Connacht are improving under Elwood, the fisrt XVshould be about the same strength or better than last year, and they have improved their strength in depth, I expect they should finish about mid table and the Sportsground will be a difficult place to go for any team.

Glasgow and Edinburgh both had a poor year last year and will both lose a lot of player each to the WC and 6N, I don't see them having a better year next year, (however their is hope for the year after as currently the SRU is doing a review hich may see increased funds and marketing etc)

Benetton Treviso had a good year last year and when they have their full team will win a number of games at home.
Aironi were coming good near the end of last season and will win more at home this year. However for both teams I see the wc and 6n having a big impact on squad and they don't have depth to cope yet so both will be near the bottom.

I predict

Leinster,Munster,Ulster top 3 not sure of order
Ospreys
Scarlets/Blues/Dragons (not sure of order)
Connacht
Glasgow/Edinburgh
Treviso
Aironi

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Magners League 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Magners League 11/12

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

gcBlues wrote:Yeah i know and it was a great season for the Dregs (Wink). But they just need to stop slipping up at Home, there are away games they can win (didn't they beat glasgow this year?).

Also, being in the Amlin will benefit the dragons...if they get a decent group, they could be a great shout to make it to the latter stages

I think the Dragons drew away to the Warriors, 16-16, and won at home in the ML, but were beaten home and away in the Heino OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2