The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magners League Semi-Finals

3 posters

Go down

Who will the finalists be?

The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_lcap78%The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_lcap11%The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_lcap11%The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_lcap0%The Magners League Semi-Finals Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

The Magners League Semi-Finals Empty The Magners League Semi-Finals

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Thu May 12, 2011 4:39 am

As I am sure you all know, the Magners League Semi-Finals take place this weekend. First up is Leinster v Ulster in the RDS on Friday, followed by Munster v Ospreys in Thomond Park on Saturday.

To go by form, Leinster and Munster should win easily. Leinster dispatched Ulster easily enough in Dublin a few weeks ago and a weakened Munster edged out Ospreys at Liberty Stadium recently. Furthermore, Ospreys win against Aironi would hardly inspire confidence that they can beat the league leaders. Ulster have better form than Ospreys, but haven't beaten Leinster at home recently. On the other hand, will Leinster have an eye on the Heineken Cup final and leave the door open for Ulster to take advantage? Quite probably, but will Ulster take their opportunity? Will Munster have the desire to win and play with enough intensity? Or will the Ospreys defy the form book and put in a big performance?

As we all know one-off matches tend to make a mockery of pre-existing form, but in spite of this I expect that it will be a Munster v Leinster final. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I am wrong though.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

The Magners League Semi-Finals Empty Re: The Magners League Semi-Finals

Post by glamorganalun Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 am

I feel for the Ospreys to have any chance on Sat Hook must play 10, how many times this and last season he has had to move across to 10 for the team play much better i.e., the reason Gatland has put at 10. Hook has already out played ROG once this year playing ROG at his own game, I suspect it could be a close game and he (Hook) could be the difference. It is unlikely Hook will play 10 until it is too late, I hope I am wrong.

Good luck Ospreys whatever team they put out.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 9:20 am

I obviously want the Welsh team to do well, but I can't see past a Munster v Leinster final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 7:06 pm

The O's are definitely capable of pulling off a shock win against Munster. You just never know with that side, but going purely by form. Tis a Munster v Leinster final for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Thu May 12, 2011 7:26 pm

It seems no one has any doubts that Leinster will beat Ulster. It's very hard to argue against a Munster v Leinster final though as they clearly have been the best teams this year. If the games are as one-sided as the opinions on here it could be a very boring weekend.

Last edited by Schrodinger's Cat on Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Thu May 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Not me!
I have already gone on record as thinking that Ulster will beat Leinster!

I would also like to be as positive about the munster/Ospreys game, unfortunately I am finding this near impossible.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri May 13, 2011 4:13 am

I understand your logic going for Ulster as Leinster have the HC to concentrate on but this ML semi game is first up and Lenister will take what is front of then. I may be hard on Ulster they have had more than their fair share of luck this season with last minute penalties and even the last game Alan Lewis appeared as their 16th man he constantly ignored Ulster coming in from the side normally I like Alan Lewis as the ref.

Not knowing the Ospreys team selection, but I suspect we won't see much ball along the threes with Biggar at 10. If Biggar is 10 the forwards should keep the ball and pick and drive and not hand the ball over from kicking.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Fri May 13, 2011 7:23 am

Although I understand that Leinster would prefer to win the HC than this semi-final, there are two reasons for them to want to win. The first is that winning is a habit, so going into the HC final on a high would be good for them. The second is that I can't imagine them wanting to lost potentially their last home game of the season.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down