The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley vs Rios

+11
BoxingFan88
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
All Time Great
OasisBFC
AdamT
Valero's Conscience
AZZJ44
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
quentins_monkey
15 posters

Go down

Bradley vs Rios Empty Bradley vs Rios

Post by quentins_monkey Sat 7 Nov - 1:57

Hi all,

Haven't posted on here in a while but read quite often and have noticed that the forum seems to be a bit light on threads these days so thought I'd post something...

Looking forward to this fight tomorrow but have a question - Rios came in 2lbs overweight so had an hour to shift the excess weight - how do fighters shift the weight so quickly? Just curious as it usually takes me about a month to shift that (might be down to the beers and poor diet Smile) but genuinely interested how boxers do it?

Anyways back to the fight - think it could potentially be a decent tear up - think bradleys odds of 5-1 for the win seem a little high - guess it depends on the version of Rios that turns up but have a feeling its going to be a good watch. Can't see Rios stopping Bradley (although have a feeling he could put him down) . Think bradley will get the win but how does everyone else see it going?

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Bradley vs Rios Empty Re: Bradley vs Rios

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 7 Nov - 7:30

Two sliding fighters...Bradley the better technician and as I don't think Rios has the dig to stop him..

The better technician wins by decision..

Bradley by decision

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 7 Nov - 10:54

Sit in a sweat suit do a run sit in a sauna. With the regime their under they will be losing the remaining excess water quite comfortably to be hinest.

I can be 13.3 then go to 13.7 in a day. Go training for an hour and come down to 13.5 again. My weight always stays around the same as I train on a regular.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sat 7 Nov - 11:49

I'd like to see Rios drag Bradley in to a war. That's his best chance and Bradley may oblige. Roos is a better version of Provodnikov and Tim had all the way to go to win that one.

I think Bradley is overrated or my eyes deceive me whenever he fights.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 7 Nov - 22:34

The fight could be a FOTY candidate but this all depends on Bradley.

Both are as tough as they come but Rios is a walking punch bag for someone with smart game plan and decent skills which Bradley has.

Bradley should take a comfortable UD for me but if he obliges in a war it could get interesting.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 8 Nov - 8:21

SPOILER:

Bradley looks good and stops Rios in the 9th via body shots. He was dropped twice but Rios didn't look like he wanted to be in there and retired after the fight.

Good move by Rios. He's taken more damage than most ever will.

This will strength Bradley's chance for a rubber match with Pacquiao.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 8 Nov - 8:42

Pac v Bradley should be 2-0, but this does set up well for the rubber match

I think we now know who Manny will face in the Spring.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 8 Nov - 9:31

quentins_monkey wrote:Hi all,

Haven't posted on here in a while but read quite often and have noticed that the forum seems to be a bit light on threads these days so thought I'd post something...

Looking forward to this fight tomorrow but have a question - Rios came in 2lbs overweight so had an hour to shift the excess weight - how do fighters shift the weight so quickly? Just curious as it usually takes me about a month to shift that (might be down to the beers and poor diet Smile) but genuinely interested how boxers do it?

Anyways back to the fight - think it could potentially be a decent tear up - think bradleys odds of 5-1 for the win seem a little high - guess it depends on the version of Rios that turns up but have a feeling its going to be a good watch. Can't see Rios stopping Bradley (although have a feeling he could put him down) . Think bradley will get the win but how does everyone else see it going?

he shouldn't have much water weight to lose come weigh in time. especially as he was struggling to make weight and should have shed his water weight already.

but yes it's pretty easy to lose that in a short time, but its superficial, it's not real weight. so when he drank and ate after the weigh in he put it back on and a whoooole lot more. i read 20+ lbs or so overnight.

considering he was a lightweight, struggling to make welter for a big fight is really poor.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 8 Nov - 12:02

Shocking by Rios. Came into the ring at 170lbs (and looked it as well).

Can't really judge Bradley on that performance. Rios was terrible

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 8 Nov - 12:04

Just watched his interview. Said he's done, and is hanging them up.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 8 Nov - 12:06

Anyone watch the lomo fight? How did he look?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 8 Nov - 14:10

Loma was not in against much made it look easy stopped his opponent in the 10th

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 8 Nov - 14:40

Seen Loma highlights. Class above an overmatched opponent. Like watching Loma, he is something else.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Nov - 17:08

Lomachenko looked different class again, his movement is just unreal at times a come forward fighter that you just can't hit.

I thought Bradley looked brilliant, granted Rios was finished but Bradley still had to do a job on him and boy did he. Very fast and athletic

If Khan is looking for an opponent then Bradley would be perfect in the new year

Bradley is a massively under rated fighter, I have been guilty of doing this as well, but these days, he is rarely in a boring fight and always gives 100% to training and fighting.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 8 Nov - 19:33

BoxingFan88 wrote:Lomachenko looked different class again, his movement is just unreal at times a come forward fighter that you just can't hit.

I thought Bradley looked brilliant, granted Rios was finished but Bradley still had to do a job on him and boy did he. Very fast and athletic

If Khan is looking for an opponent then Bradley would be perfect in the new year

Bradley is a massively under rated fighter, I have been guilty of doing this as well, but these days, he is rarely in a boring fight and always gives 100% to training and fighting.

Can't see that fight happening while Amir is with Haymon and Bradley with Arum

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Nov - 21:13

wheelchair1991 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Lomachenko looked different class again, his movement is just unreal at times a come forward fighter that you just can't hit.

Can't see that fight happening while Amir is with Haymon and Bradley with Arum

Isn't Pacquiao with Arum as well?

Khan is advised by Al Haymon, not owned, he can fight on any network

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 8 Nov - 21:17

Can't see Khan getting the fight either

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 8 Nov - 21:32

Crawford v Manny is a hell of a fight and Khan doesn't deserve the fight. Knowing Manny , he'll want the harder opponent which is Crawford. A lot of people think Crawford could beat Manny whereas not many give Khan much of a chance. Those who've been saying Crawford gets it may well be right. Manny likes a dangerous challenge, so unlike Mayweather in that respect, that's why he'll be remembered more fondly.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 Nov - 22:20

Crawford is a lightweight...Khan is lightning fast with a top jab.....

Harder my backside....

Pick Khan to cream Crawford everyday of the week....Wouldn't get past the jab...

Manny beats the crap out of him too...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 8 Nov - 22:37

You overrate Khan Truss, you really do. But then you've always loved a brittle stick and mover with no inside game.

Manny batters Khan, is in a real fight with Crawford.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Mon 9 Nov - 0:00

Utter nonsense Herman.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 9 Nov - 7:30

Agree Herman. I'd put me money on Khan being stopped in 8 against Pacman. Think Crawford would give him a better fight at 140

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 9 Nov - 8:36

Pacquiao would smash Crawford, I've heard so many people on the YTBC saying that Pacquiao gets beaten by Crawford, don't see it myself. Who has Crawford actually beaten? I mean he has looked great so far, but he has fought no one anywhere near the class of Pacman or Khan. Guess this is his chance to prove it though.

Crawford may be able to KO Khan, but Manny deals with both quite convincingly

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 9 Nov - 10:57

Crawford fights like he did against Dulorme and a 50% Pacquiao beats him quite easily, he seems to be the new Broner to me, will look fantastic when he has huge size advantages but will be found wanting by men his own size. He looks great in spurts and at other times can be made to look decidedly average, he didn't look a world beater against either Burns or Dulorme whilst Gamboa was too small.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 9 Nov - 11:07

I'll be honest and say I've never seen a Crawford fight in its entirety, only really seen bits and bobs. 

Lot of people on other forums rate him highly so on that basis I'm guessing he's a sterner test for Manny than Khan, whom I've seen plenty of.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 9 Nov - 11:30

when a guy who trades on his toughness gets stopped by bradley its definitely the end of the road. Bradley khan would be an interesting fight... but it would have been an interesting fight for years and it hasn't happened.

Hermy, you're basing your opinion on crawford from a groundswell of opinion on other forums? Ok.

I think crawford is a very good all-round fighter, good skills decent dig. To date, the only elite guy he's fought was a midget... and he had plenty of problems with him. I'm not saying he can't give a good account of himself against manny, but he's yet to prove it. I'd be interested in finding out... but i'd be interested in manny v khan too.

All potentially good fights.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 9 Nov - 11:37

Algieri, Collazo and Alexander are probably better boxers than anyone that Crawford has beaten so far.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 9 Nov - 11:38

Didn't exactly wipe the floor with Burns either.....

I think 140 is his max...........If he doesn't have a dig at 147 then he can't beat Khan or Manny.......

Khan's speed and jab will beat any boxer without a dig....Khan loses by being tagged.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 9 Nov - 11:59

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Crawford fights like he did against Dulorme and a 50% Pacquiao beats him quite easily, he seems to be the new Broner to me, will look fantastic when he has huge size advantages but will be found wanting by men his own size. He looks great in spurts and at other times can be made to look decidedly average, he didn't look a world beater against either Burns or Dulorme whilst Gamboa was too small.

Exactly what I think, Gamboa gave him big problems and only his size helped him in that fight, Pacquiao is bigger than Gamboa, faster and hits harder.

I mean Pacquiao may come back shot after surgery, its a seriously injury, but if he is okay, he deals with Crawford, I personally want to see either Khan or Bradley fight Pacquiao, think Pacquiao beats them both though.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down