The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

+15
GLove39
Notch
lostinwales
R!skysports
BamBam
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
funnyExiledScot
demosthenes
IanBru
RDW
jimbopip
Tattie Scones RRN
whocares
George Carlin
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Empty Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 6:19 am

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Racing10         Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Glasgo14
Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 14 November 2015
KO 16:15
Stade Yves-Du-Manoir, Colombes

Live on BT Sport / beIN Sports

Referee JP Doyle (England)
Touch Judge 1 Simon Harding (England)
Touch Judge 2 Paul Burton (England)
Fourth Official Guillaume Robin (France)
TMO Graham Hughes (England)
Citing Commissioner Peter Ferguson (Ireland)

A. Head to Head

#These teams are meeting for the first time.

B. Domestic Form

Racing 92
Sunday 8 November
Castres [*]-[*] Racing 92

Saturday 31 October
Racing 92 17 - 14 Brive

Friday 23 October
Racing 92 27 - 18 Stade Francais

Friday 16 October
Oyonnaz 9 - 18 Racing 92

Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 7 November
Cardiff Blues [*]-[*] Glasgow Warriors

Sunday 1 November
Glasgow Warriors 31 - 19 Ospreys

Friday 23 October
Leinster Rugby 23 - 18 Glasgow Warriors

Friday 16 October
Glasgow Warriors 29 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

C. Teams

Racing 92
Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Julie_10
[tbc]

Glasgow Warriors
Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Marian11
[tbc]

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by whocares Tue 03 Nov 2015, 12:23 pm

Any clue if Scots internationals will be part of this game? trying to decide if I'll go to this game or wait 6 month to see Dan Carter eventually playing Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November

Post by George Carlin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 12:44 pm

Yes, everyone should be back by then WhoCares.

Out of the 22 players that we lost to the tournament, just over half are now back and their return was was major contributing factor to our BP win against the Ospreys last weekend I would expect the others to come back this week to get some game time in prior to this European match.

There are some big names amongst those still to return - Hogg, Gray, Strauss, Bennett, etc.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 03 Nov 2015, 1:28 pm

I quite fancy Glasgow to nick this one.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 05 Nov 2015, 5:53 pm

Mr Scones, you are right yet again. Then we do the Saints at Scotstoun and relax over Chrimbo by stuffing the turkey and the Luvvies, twice.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 06 Nov 2015, 7:58 am

Does anyone know if this Daniel Cartwright feller will be playing for Racing in this match? I don't want to call this one prematurely, but I've heard that he's quite good.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Nov 2015, 9:47 am

Well he's currently in NZ celebrating his world cup success, so I'd be surprised if he's going to be playing next weekend!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 06 Nov 2015, 10:43 am

his contract only starts on the 1st of december anyway. not sure it's the best time to start experiencing North European rugby mind.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:52 pm

George Carlin wrote:Does anyone know if this Daniel Cartwright feller will be playing for Racing in this match? I don't want to call this one prematurely, but I've heard that he's quite good.

Ben Cartwright at 10? Little Joe at 9 and Hoss at tight head then.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:29 am

Glasgow have just signed a Georgian Hooker till the end of the season; welcome to Scotstoun Big Mama, Shalva Mamukashvili.

Could be a very good addition to the squad.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:34 am

jimbopip wrote: Shalva Mamukashvili.

Hugh-Dan's reaction to the news - picard

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:40 am

Bulumakua
Naiyaravaro
Mamukashvili

Either Toonie hasn't quite understood, "Sign big names, Gregor" or he's scoring big in the weekly club Scrabble tournament.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Nov 2015, 9:41 am

jimbopip wrote:Bulumakua
Naiyaravaro
Mamukashvili

Either Toonie hasn't quite understood, "Sign big names, Gregor" or he's scoring big in the weekly club Scrabble tournament.
clap

Obviously selling Daniel Tailliferrer Hauman van der Merwe has freed up some tiles.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 11 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

I think this is the make or break season for Glasgow. I would rather they forego the league title to get to the semi's (at least) this year. They have the talent, and now the experience, so they simply have to get out of the group as a bare minimum.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 12 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

Mr Scones, I think I'll disagree with you on this one. I don't think this is a make or break season in the sense that if we don't make a big impact now then we never will.
One of the real joys of following Glasgow, apart from winning the league and regularly stuffing the Luvvies, has been watching the emergence of young talent. When Dan Parks left a few of us were worried but Rhuaridh and Meatball surprised us, though sometimes not in a good way, and recently they have been surpassed by Dancer. Similarly, when the Killer B's moved on we were all dismayed but the club introduced Richie V, Fozzie, Rob Harley, Arthur Ashe and Will Bordill is still trying to get into the side! Also remember we have developed/ nurtured talent like Jonny Gray, Alex Dunbar, Furra Linee and Buffy's Mate in the front row. I think what I'm trying to say is that this side is not the high water mark for Glasgow and that we should be looking to improve over the coming seasons.
Can we do a Ladyboys and have a domestic squad and a Euro squad and still retain our title?
In the words of Gibson, BELIEVE.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:03 am

I don't think it is now or never for Glasgow, but given they have never made it out of their group, and there's a good chance Toony might be off in the summer, the clock is ticking...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:11 am

Actually, RDW, if the Toffs at Twickers have half a brain between them Toonie should be receiving a phone call about now. Which he will, of course, be "too busy to take".

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:16 am

I have a real concern that this squad of players may not be together much longer as the cheque books are going to come out for guys like Nakarawa and Strauss in a year or so. Without Welsh, Murray, DTH, Maitland or Niko, I think that we are already weaker than last year and so I do believe that there may be a sweet spot of belief, squad cohesion and player familiarity that does need to come to a boil this year.

We are going to look a bit daft if we cannot get to the knockout stages, having won the bloody Pro12 the previous year. Interesting that the bookies still have us as third favourites for the group!
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:29 am

Hell, I'll take the England job. I think that what England needs is pretty clear:

• Use more tighthead props at first receiver and as the primary distributor to the backline
  • Skip out the centres all together, and use the locks as link players.
  • Give the full back free-reign to come into the line and hit rucks on the opposition ball, particularly when the opposition are executing their '22 escape plans.
  • Encourage the fly-half to start fights right in front of the referee; if the ref sees this and is impressed by their hardness, that's an added bonus.
  • Encourage a rush defence that is executed by every second player; those split seconds when the opposition are confused, especially by the gaps that mysteriously open in the line, will be the time to strike.
  • Book the most important players into media appearances on the night before each match - this will warm them up for convincing the referee that a pass wasn't forward.
  • Make sure that on every penalty conceded, the scrum-half throws the ball into the crowd. Ensuring that the supporters are familiar with the shape, weight and feel of a rugby ball is central to the grass-roots strategy.

What could possib-lie go wrong? Ah, possibly go wrong...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

IanBru wrote:Hell, I'll take the England job. I think that what England needs is pretty clear:

• Use more tighthead props at first receiver and as the primary distributor to the backline
  • Skip out the centres all together, and use the locks as link players.
  • Give the full back free-reign to come into the line and hit rucks on the opposition ball, particularly when the opposition are executing their '22 escape plans.
  • Encourage the fly-half to start fights right in front of the referee; if the ref sees this and is impressed by their hardness, that's an added bonus.
  • Encourage a rush defence that is executed by every second player; those split seconds when the opposition are confused, especially by the gaps that mysteriously open in the line, will be the time to strike.
  • Book the most important players into media appearances on the night before each match - this will warm them up for convincing the referee that a pass wasn't forward.
  • Make sure that on every penalty conceded, the scrum-half throws the ball into the crowd. Ensuring that the supporters are familiar with the shape, weight and feel of a rugby ball is central to the grass-roots strategy.

What could possib-lie go wrong? Ah, possibly go wrong...
The new England coach will know all of this already if he's just read chapters 3, 6, 8 and 37 of Scott Johnson's seminal text, "Rugby Coaching for Sheilas".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:56 am

George Carlin wrote:
The new England coach will know all of this already if he's just read chapters 3, 6, 8 and 37 of Scott Johnson's seminal text, "Rugby Coaching for Sheilas".

Do we dare hope that the non-speculation in the media about SJ and the England job presages his unveiling as the 'fresh face to reinvigorate the England team'?

Or has he just been totally discounted and we are stuck with him a bit longer yet?

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:05 am

We all know SJ: "have mullet and quips, will travel".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:10 am

There's some chat about Josh Lewsey for the England job. That would be marvellous. They really need another rookie with no international coaching experience.

The Eddie Jones link is the one that most concerns me. The thought of England having a competent backline is worrying.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:There's some chat about Josh Lewsey for the England job. That would be marvellous. They really need another rookie with no international coaching experience.

The Eddie Jones link is the one that most concerns me. The thought of England having a competent backline is worrying.
True. Although I'm not sure how Joe Marler would get on with an all sushi diet.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:There's some chat about Josh Lewsey for the England job. That would be marvellous. They really need another rookie with no international coaching experience.

True. Although I'm not sure how Joe Marler would get on with an all sushi diet.

I had "sushi" for lunch yesterday which incorporated teriyaki chicken and deep fried prawns. I'm sure he'll find a way to cope.

I think Eddie Jones would be bad news for Owen Farrell's England career.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:39 am

jimbopip wrote:Actually, RDW, if the Toffs at Twickers have half a brain between them Toonie should be receiving a phone call about now. Which he will, of course, be "too busy to take".
Fortunately they don't, but Toonie would do a right good job for them.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:47 pm

Official preview:
PREVIEW: Warriors looking for racing start in Paris

Glasgow Warriors will march into European this season as the Guinness PRO12 champions, but head coach Gregor Townsend doesn't want to rest after winning just one trophy.

Top of his list now is getting the Warriors out of their pool in the Champions Cup for the first time in their history. They came agonisingly close last season and need a good start once again if they are going to stand any chance of reaching their goal in the New Year.

Heading to Paris for a clash with Racing 92 couldn't be considered as an easy start, even if the big-spending Top 14 club will be without star signing Dan Carter until next month. Racing 92 earned themselves a home quarter-final last season and were desperately unlucky to lose to Saracens by a single point, 12-11.

Racing 92 reached the play-offs in the Top 14 last season and have started their domestic campaign pretty well. They currently sit in third place with six wins from eight games, but are now just starting to get their World Cup players fully integrated into their side.

That's the same for Glasgow, who warmed up for their trip to the French capital with a 35-30 win at Cardiff Blues last weekend. New skipper Jonny Gray drove over for the bonus-point try in that game and is now looking to switch that winning way form into Europe.

Last season the Warriors went to Montpellier and won, but just fell short both home and away against Toulouse. This season there will be no margin for error in a pool that also includes Northampton Saints and the high-flying Scarlets.

"We've shown glimpses of what we're capable of this season and what pleases me most is the effort which has gone in. We've had to play games with a number of yellow cards and we shouldn't be getting those cards, but the effort the players have put in throughout our games has been great," said Townsend.

"We've been very close in every match and we've managed to win our last two with bonus points, but the three we lost we were in positions to win and that is a credit to the group. When you look at the players on the pitch in Cardiff, and those who weren't available, you can see we have real competition for places within the squad.

"The competition is healthy and the players have really stepped up and now as coaches we need to select the team we believe is the right one to put Racing 92 under pressure and start Europe with a very good performance."

Match Facts
•Racing 92 have lost only one of their previous seven Champions Cup games (W5, D1) and have won their last three pool matches on home soil.
•These teams are yet to clash in the Champions Cup though Racing 92 have won their last two matches against Scottish teams (both against Edinburgh Rugby).
•Glasgow have won just three of their last 14 matches against French opponents (D1 L10).
•Warriors' last five away games in the competition have all been settled by margins of fewer than 10 points.
•In what will be their 50th away game in the Champions Cup, Glasgow Warriors will be looking for just their seventh win on the road.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:29 pm

Racing squad announced, all french internationals are back :
forwards: Ben Arous, Brugnaut, Gomes Sa, Khinchagishvili, Tameifuna, Chat, Szarzewski, Charteris, Van der Merwe, Dubarry, Le Roux, Lauret, Nyanga, Masoe, Claassen.

backs: Chauveau, Machenaud, Dambielle, Goosen, Tales, Chavancy, Dumoulin, Laulala, Rokocoko, Andreu, Dulin, Robinson.

off that bunch , I expect a starting team XV to look like this :
1 Ben Arous
2 Szar
3 Tameifuna / Gomes Sa
4 Charteris
5 VDM
6 Lauret
7 Nyang
8 Masoe
9 Machenaud
10 Goose
11 Andreu
12 Dumoulin
13 Lala or Chav
14 Roko? (not sure who else is left although he's much effective at 13 these days)
15 Dulin

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:38 pm

whocares wrote:Racing squad announced, all french internationals are back :
forwards: Ben Arous, Brugnaut, Gomes Sa, Khinchagishvili, Tameifuna, Chat, Szarzewski, Charteris, Van der Merwe, Dubarry, Le Roux, Lauret, Nyanga, Masoe, Claassen.

backs: Chauveau, Machenaud, Dambielle, Goosen, Tales, Chavancy, Dumoulin, Laulala, Rokocoko, Andreu, Dulin, Robinson.

off that bunch , I expect a starting team XV to look like this :
1 Ben Arous
2 Szar
3 Tameifuna / Gomes Sa
4 Charteris
5 VDM
6 Lauret
7 Nyang
8 Masoe
9 Machenaud
10 Goose
11 Andreu
12 Dumoulin
13 Lala or Chav
14 Roko? (not sure who else is left although he's much effective at 13 these days)
15 Dulin

Champions Cup Pool 3: Racing 92 v Glasgow Warriors, 14 November Z

?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:06 pm

If the Glasgow scrum can survive (a la Japan vs SA) and we can slow Masoe, I fancy our chances. Big if's.

Big Tacky should not play this one though. His defensive positioning has been woeful. Junior or Hughes for me.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:07 pm

Please don't bring up Goose. His death is one of the darkest moments in cinema history.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:17 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Please don't bring up Goose. His death is one of the darkest moments in cinema history.

Tell me about it.

Top Gun made me want to be a fighter pilot but because I didn't want to kill people I decided to be an Aeronautical Engineer instead.

But apparently you have to be good at Physics for that, so since I failed Advanced Higher Physics I became a Civil Engineer instead!

All because Goose died. Sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:22 pm

Thought I'd pop over and see what the craic was over here .. as ever, walking on to a Scottish thread and having no idea what is going on is pretty much par for the course!

Do you guys ever talk about the game Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Please don't bring up Goose. His death is one of the darkest moments in cinema history.
Yeah, that kicked me right in the feelings.

I hope this isn't triggering:

BamBam wrote:Thought I'd pop over and see what the craic was over here .. as ever, walking on to a Scottish thread and having no idea what is going on is pretty much par for the course!

Not if we can reasonably help it. Very Happy

Last edited by IanBru on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

BamBam wrote:Thought I'd pop over and see what the craic was over here .. as ever, walking on to a Scottish thread and having no idea what is going on is pretty much par for the course!

Hug

How many of my near 15000 posts do you think are actually about rugby??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:05 pm

IanBru wrote:
Yeah, that kicked me right in the feelings.

I hope this isn't triggering:

Don't. I hear that music each time I'm handed a contract to review of more than 50 pages.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Tell me about it.

Top Gun made me want to be a fighter pilot but because I didn't want to kill people I decided to be an Aeronautical Engineer instead.

But apparently you have to be good at Physics for that, so since I failed Advanced Higher Physics I became a Civil Engineer instead!

Shocked

Could I have a list of all your projects please that are in the vicinity of Charlotte Square or Trinity?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:37 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Tell me about it.

Shocked

Could I have a list of all your projects please that are in the vicinity of Charlotte Square or Trinity?

The destruction radius from my projects is far bigger than that! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:02 pm

So children, what have we learned today?

Bru continues to be funny.

Fes eats sushi for luncheon. Quelle surprise.

RDW's inner Luvvie was, in part, formed by the homo eroticism of Tom Cruise in a fascist wet dream recruitment advert.

Bam Bam wonders what we talk about.

This is a lot more than my Year 11 withdrawal group learned today: I think I was the only one in the room who wasn't off his face.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:15 pm

jimbopip wrote:So children, what have we learned today?

Bru continues to be funny.

Fes eats sushi for luncheon. Quelle surprise.

RDW's inner Luvvie was, in part, formed by the homo eroticism of Tom Cruise in a fascist wet dream recruitment advert.

Bam Bam wonders what we talk about.

This is a lot more than my Year 11 withdrawal group learned today: I think I was the only one in the room who wasn't off his face.

Some people gave up trying to use quotes

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:20 pm

Is there a game on?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:23 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fes eats sushi for luncheon. Quelle surprise.

Braised pork with chorizo today actually. Sushi was yesterday.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:35 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

You have lunch every day! Shocked

You millionaires know how to live it up. Mind you, grinding the spirits of the poor must help you work up an appetite.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

You millionaires know how to live it up. Mind you, grinding the spirits of the poor must help you work up an appetite.

Pretty sure that's the name of the house cocktail at the New Club. Delicious.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:53 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

[In Emperor Palpatine's voice] Yessssssss, an appetite that can only be quenched with the blood of a unicorn...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:47 am

Glasgow side announced:

15. Hogg
14. Seymour
13. Bennett angel
12. Horne
11. Lamont
10. Russell
9. Blair

8. Strauss
7. Favaro
6. Harley
5. Gray (c)
4. Nakarawa
3. Puafisi
2. McArthur
1. Grant

16. Mamukashvili
17. Reid
18. Fagerson
19. Swinson
20. Wilson
21. Hart
22. Vernon
23. Naiyaravoro
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

That's a hell of a side.

The backline is sheer class. Not an awful lot you could do to improve that.

Nicely balanced back-row, with a bit b***ard, some line speed. Perhaps slightly relying too much on Strauss for carrying, but Nakarawa and Gray will assist, you'd think.

Also great to have Mike Blair for this kind of game - he's very much the David Justice of the team, milking out the last bit of brilliance that he has.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:51 am

Looks pretty strong. The new hooker goes straight into the 23.

The obvious weakness with that Glasgow team is the front row. Grant isn't on great form and hasn't been effective under the new rules, and WeePee is pretty underpowered. Haven't seen much of Puafisi to judge but I think Strauss and Blair are going to have to be sharp at the base of the scrum in getting the ball away.

Tough assignment this.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Puafisi has the reputation of being a poor scrummager - he has done OK from what I've seen of him but he'll get a thorough testing here

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

IanBru wrote:That's a hell of a side.

The backline is sheer class. Not an awful lot you could do to improve that.

Nicely balanced back-row, with a bit b***ard, some line speed. Perhaps slightly relying too much on Strauss for carrying, but Nakarawa and Gray will assist, you'd think.

Also great to have Mike Blair for this kind of game - he's very much the David Justice of the team, milking out the last bit of brilliance that he has.

I'm not paying you for the player you used to be. I'm paying you for the player you are right now.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next