The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Robshaw

+50
funnyExiledScot
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
Artful_Dodger
gregortree
Rory_Gallagher
englandglory4ever
mikey_dragon
glamorganalun
nlpnlp
GunsGerms
BamBam
mckay1402
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
No9
Luckless Pedestrian
Fanster
Gooseberry
Pot Hale
lostinwales
rodders
LondonTiger
No 7&1/2
milkyboy
R!skysports
formerly known as Sam
Hoonercat
InjuredYetAgain
SecretFly
maestegmafia
kingraf
Barney McGrew did it
TightHEAD
Mr Bounce
doctor_grey
rozakthegoon
fa0019
majesticimperialman
Geordie
eirebilly
yappysnap
Shifty
sad_gimp
alive555
WELL-PAST-IT
The Great Aukster
nathan
RubyGuby
donglewood
54 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chris Robshaw - Page 3 Empty Chris Robshaw

Post by donglewood Sun 27 Sep 2015, 9:30 am

First topic message reminder :

I feel for Chris Robshaw this morning.

It seems he must have spent a large amount of his life in the preceding three months running from one ITV advertising video promo shoot or editing suite to the next. I don't think there's ever been a home captain who has played such a huge role in the marketing and advertising of the tournament.

It's understandable why he would be feeling the pressure to the extent he is. To then be spectacularly thrown under the bus by his coach in the post match interview like he was must be galling and a little baffling.

It's a dog eat dog world in top high profile jobs, and I can imagine that Stuart Lancaster was relieved to avoid talking of his controversial selections for the match (and his inability to settle on a stable side, especially mid field).

I think now though, his stabbing action is in danger of cutting a rift between captain coach and senior players. A disharmonious team is rarely a successful one. In light of Lancaster's direction of blame to his captain, does that not make it his duty to change captains or risk look ineffective? A slippery slope, surely?

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Chris Robshaw - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris Robshaw

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:28 pm

lostinwales wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:He's come if for some huge amount of unfair stick I feel, he thought they could do it as they had been dominant there for most of game but it failed.

One big decision which I think turned match our way as well was when Lancaster to Ben Youngs off yet that seems to be getting missed.

Ben Youngs hurt his ankle. I don't know how and I don't think it is that serious but he may not make the Australia match. He was playing very well.

Ah fair one I thought it was a pre meditated switch.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:30 pm

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"]
Fanster wrote:dongle makes a good point...

Mccaw calls the lineout in the 74th minute with a winning mentality and wins the match...

Robshaw calls a lineout in the 78th? minute with a winning mentality and England lose the match...

Both captains had a 3 point defecit to overcome, both captains had a good goal kicker to call on, both captains trusted their pack to do the job, what exactly is the difference between either?

The difference is that this was a group match and a draw would have done England quite nicely. A win would have been ideal, but the main thing on Saturday was to avoid defeat.[/quote}

Spoken like someone who has never been involved in elite sport (no offence). At no point does a pro player ever consider a draw enough, draws are rightfully a non existent entity!

In those final seconds Robshaw was considering how to win the game, wether that was the corner or take 3 and try for another shot, when you consider both options taking the 3 and playing from deep is as risky to losing the game as popping it in the corner and keeping posession.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:31 pm

My issue with Robshaw was not that he went for the win at the end. My issue was that England should have never been in that position in the first place. Robshaw's leadership when it came down to the crunch wasn't good enough. When Wales rallied,Robshaw should have galvanised England to do the same.

Surrendering the lead to Wales in the first place wasn't good enough.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

Fanster wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Mccaw calls the lineout in the 74th minute with a winning mentality and wins the match...

Robshaw calls a lineout in the 78th? minute with a winning mentality and England lose the match...

Both captains had a 3 point defecit to overcome, both captains had a good goal kicker to call on, both captains trusted their pack to do the job, what exactly is the difference between either?

The difference is that this was a group match and a draw would have done England quite nicely. A win would have been ideal, but the main thing on Saturday was to avoid defeat.[/quote}

Spoken like someone who has never been involved in elite sport (no offence). At no point does a pro player ever consider a draw enough, draws are rightfully a non existent entity!

In those final seconds Robshaw was considering how to win the game, wether that was the corner or take 3 and try for another shot, when you consider both options taking the 3 and playing from deep is as risky to losing the game as popping it in the corner and keeping posession.

I think it was Mike Brearley (who was involved in elite sport) who said that there were two objectives in a cricket match: one to win, the other to stop your opponent winning. The same applies here.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:He's come if for some huge amount of unfair stick I feel, he thought they could do it as they had been dominant there for most of game but it failed.

One big decision which I think turned match our way as well was when Lancaster to Ben Youngs off yet that seems to be getting missed.

Ben Youngs hurt his ankle. I don't know how and I don't think it is that serious but he may not make the Australia match. He was playing very well.

Ah fair one I thought it was a pre meditated switch.

Someone in the first half jumping to block a Youngs kick landed flush on his ankle. It tightened up during half time.

In the end an accidental collision that had a huge impact.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm

I have to say I would have done the same thing as Robshaw. Also I watched the game again last night and the decision to go for the corner got a huge cheer from the crowd.

I think you have to back your team to do the basics. It just happens that Wales had the lineout defence king on in Charteris. Right call from Robshaw in my opinion
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm

beshocked wrote:My issue with Robshaw was not that he went for the win at the end. My issue was that England should have never been in that position in the first place. Robshaw's leadership when it came down to the crunch wasn't good enough. When Wales rallied,Robshaw should have galvanised England to do the same.

Rallying from the front is not an easy thing to do. Rallying when you're behind is much easier because you have a target. I also don't think Wales allowed a rally. The fitness and power they have really showed in that last 15 minutes and England looked out on their feet.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm

Fanster wrote:

I think it was Mike Brearley (who was involved in elite sport) who said that there were two objectives in a cricket match: one to win, the other to stop your opponent winning. The same applies here.

And that I agree with, it's lancasters duty to worry about how to not let Wales win, it is very much Robshaws job to win at all costs.

As I said previously Robshaw made the correct call to go for the corner, as Mccaw did weeks earlier.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

mckay1402 wrote:I have to say I would have done the same thing as Robshaw.  Also I watched the game again last night and the decision to go for the corner got a huge cheer from the crowd.  

I think you have to back your team to do the basics.  It just happens that Wales had the lineout defence king on in Charteris.  Right call from Robshaw in my opinion

Crowd:
Please desist from making unfounded claims that we cheered the lineout decision. As to make such a spurious claim now would call into question our subsequent shock, disbelief and anger that the Captain of our National team would make such an erroneous decision at such a point in such a game.

If you persist, you WILL be hearing from our lawyers. Thankyou!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

Fanster wrote:
Fanster wrote:

And that I agree with, it's lancasters duty to worry about how to not let Wales win, it is very much Robshaws job to win at all costs.

As I said previously Robshaw made the correct call to go for the corner, as Mccaw did weeks earlier.

If you agree with Mike Brearley then Robshaw made the wrong call.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:I have to say I would have done the same thing as Robshaw.  Also I watched the game again last night and the decision to go for the corner got a huge cheer from the crowd.  

I think you have to back your team to do the basics.  It just happens that Wales had the lineout defence king on in Charteris.  Right call from Robshaw in my opinion

Crowd:  
Please desist from making unfounded claims that we cheered the lineout decision.  As to make such a spurious claim now would call into question our subsequent shock, disbelief and anger that the Captain of our National team would make such an erroneous decision at such a point in such a game.

If you persist, you WILL be hearing from our lawyers.  Thankyou!

tellin ewe butt they was cheerin
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue 29 Sep 2015, 1:01 pm

Fanster wrote:
Fanster wrote:

If you agree with Mike Brearley then Robshaw made the wrong call.

Your attribting a generic quote about sport to a precise situation, not sure if you're aware of the dynmic nature of decision making in sport, but you have to be able to consider options through trial and error. Lancaster made a lineup designed to dull the Welsh attack and highlight Englands strengths, not one of the Englands players jobs however would be to consider drawing as a way to stop Wales winning, do you really think Robshaw would be rallying his troops with 'A draw will do lads, lets go for the silver'?

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 29 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

There is no doubt 'elite' Captains focus on the winning post. The problem for Robshaw is that the winning post is lifting the Webb Ellis trophy - not beating Wales last Saturday.

His decision to kick for touch shows a type of schoolboy gung ho myopia, without a thought to consequences for his real goal. Taking the penalty would have denied Wales two points as well as gaining two for England in the scramble to qualify from the group. Crucially it would also have given England the chance to gain two more and deny Wales another one point.

There is no denying Robshaw wanted to win, but taking the penalty kick was the best way to do that.
Presumably he did not back his team to get within drop goal range for a winning kick, despite having two capable exponents on the pitch and the Welsh defence in disarray.
He preferred to kick for the corner for a set play that they may have practised but that every Test team also practises defending - especially with subs.

Robshaw cannot hide behind a 'winning mentality' tag to exonerate a disastrous decision, because his decision diminishes England's chances of tournament victory.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:05 pm

You said it better than I could, Aukster. clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:11 pm

I'd agree with that Aukster.

I do think he made an error in judgement, but I'm not going to flog him and demand he is removed as captain like others seem to want to

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

beshocked wrote:My issue with Robshaw was not that he went for the win at the end. My issue was that England should have never been in that position in the first place. Robshaw's leadership when it came down to the crunch wasn't good enough. When Wales rallied,Robshaw should have galvanised England to do the same.

As captain Robshaw is responsible for the call however, a good kicker will be pleading to take the kick if he thinks he can make it.

Also even worse to go for touch was Parling's decision to throw to the position in the lineout that they went for. It made it so easy for Wales to defend and drive to touch.

He isnt the only person to blame.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm

You're right there's nothing to gain from flogging him, he made a bad decision with the best intentions. We need him in a good frame of mind for Saturday.

By the way, of course the crowd cheered with going for the try, don't they always. A cool headed professional keeps his eye on the prize and doesn't care what the crowd think.

Professional sportsmen may always want to win, it's the captain's or coach's responsibility (contingency planning the scenario) to take the hot blood out and make the cool headed decision.

I'd reuse my Leeds v Huddersfield rugby league example from the weekend, but I haven't recovered from the bruises from my stoning.Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 29 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

If the move had worked and we had won this would be a completely different thread. Fine margins.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 29 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm

I actually think England will still win the group.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 4:10 pm

GunsGerms wrote:I actually think England will still win the group.

Crazy when you think of it huh guns. I almost almost agree.

AUS look good but England seem to be their bogey side... i.e. one who they should beat, but don't tend to...

SA has IRE
WAL has AUS

For some reason some teams don't play well against certain teams even though on paper they're no brainers.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by nlpnlp Tue 29 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm

Sorry but Chris Robshaw nice guy, decent player, but not a top quality no 7 at international level - would he get near the New Zealand, Australian, Irish, Welsh, etc test teams on playing ability? As captain England under his reign have consistently lost the big Matches - in the 6 Nations v Wales and Ireland and in the World Cup v Wales.

I am not overly criticising him for the decision to go for the line out - ok it proved to be a bad choice and it was the wrong percentage play which a good captain would not have taken - but accepting Robshaw, the current England team and coaching line up is accepting mediocrity. New Zealand consistently win with far smaller resources because they do not accept mediocrity. GB currently dominate world cycling, rowing, triathlon, etc because the leadership teams do not accept mediocrity. Until we no longer accept mediocrity, as SCW did not for a brief period, then all we will get is runner up spots in the 6 Nations and quarter finals in the World Cup. Chris Robshaw, decent man and player that he is, epitomises this.

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 29 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

You can argue about his leadership and decision making but his stats are the equal or better of most 7's he plays against. But lets ignore all that and just go with our prejudices...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 29 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm

Not sure it was a penalty but it should have gone for the posts, if Farrell had missed Wales would have to drop out from 25. I suspect Wales would go long with 1 minute to play which still give England a chance against a reorganised but fired up Wales team.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 29 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm

Why did England even get the penalty when Warburton made a good turnover?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm

Giving away so many stupid penalties was the real problem. Almost every England forward gave away at least one penalty each. You can't even come a good second if a team does that. We got what we deserved.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm

Fanster wrote:

Wow, you could have at least tried to mask your remarkable condescension! I have no idea whether or not you have been involved in elite sport yourself but frankly it doesn't matter; it was an extremely poor decision. In fact, if you were my captain I would be happy to see your so-called "winning mentality" and arrogance/stupidity removed from the team. That won't win trophies.

An intelligent captain with a true winning mentality would have his eyes on the Webb Ellis Cup. He would also know that going for the kick with the chance to equalise the game with a 100% kicker was obviously the correct option. It doesn't take a genius to realise that the likelihood of scoring from such a position against a team like Wales is rather slim. The list of things that could have went wrong far outweigh the option to kick for goal. How often do we see teams turn down the points and go for the try? How often do they succeed? Especially at the top level, or when the stakes are as high as they were for England and Wales.

In fact even within the game itself England still had time to land the 3 points, regroup and gather the restart to try and work towards the win. It was just a ludicrous decision, no amount of clever wordplay or superior armchair analysis is going to change the fact it was the wrong decision. They lost and for the first time may never get past the group stage.

I was genuinely cross with the decision, and I am not even an English fan.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:42 pm

Exactly. McCaw's lineout move could easily have been called out for encroaching on the lineout before it was completed in which case would he have got the Robshaw treatment?

Robshaw's done nothing wrong here! And should he choose a rash decision or two against us this Saturday and lose then I don't want to hear anyone give the guy a hard time. king

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:51 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:Giving away so many stupid penalties was the real problem. Almost every England forward gave away at least one penalty each. You can't even come a good second if a team does that. We got what we deserved.

Second that. This was exactly my conclusion. And well done Wales for their heroic never say die attitude, but England had that game wrapped up at 60 minutesvin scrum and lineout apart from very stupid penalties. And I will add stupid pointless subs after 55 - 60 mins. But again I take nothing away from a great Wales finish.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:Giving away so many stupid penalties was the real problem. Almost every England forward gave away at least one penalty each. You can't even come a good second if a team does that. We got what we deserved.

Second that. This was exactly my conclusion. And well done Wales for their heroic never say die attitude, but England had that game wrapped up at 60 minutesvin scrum and lineout apart from very stupid penalties. And I will add stupid pointless subs after 55 - 60 mins.  But again I take nothing away from a great Wales finish.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm

I think the subs policy was a good one. Long may it live. Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm

Dongle wum, you are a bit of a stirrer.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:08 pm

donglewood wrote:

Exactly. McCaw's lineout move could easily have been called out for encroaching on the lineout before it was completed in which case would he have got the Robshaw treatment?

Robshaw's done nothing wrong here! And should he choose a rash decision or two against us this Saturday and lose then I don't want to hear anyone give the guy a hard time. king

The biggest difference is New Zealands lineout call was very smart. England could not have picked a dumber lineout call. By throwing it to the front Wales easily pushed them to touch.

The kick would have been the right call for lots of reasons.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

gregortree wrote:

Second that. This was exactly my conclusion. And well done Wales for their heroic never say die attitude, but England had that game wrapped up at 60 minutesvin scrum and lineout apart from very stupid penalties. And I will add stupid pointless subs after 55 - 60 mins.  But again I take nothing away from a great Wales finish.

Some of the penalties against England were actually quite harsh. Id be annoyed if I was an England fan.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
donglewood wrote:

The biggest difference is New Zealands lineout call was very smart. England could not have picked a dumber lineout call. By throwing it to the front Wales easily pushed them to touch.

The kick would have been the right call for lots of reasons.

What about a quick tap? Reckon they should've done that. Or taken a scrum and then gone wide.

It's not a binary decision.

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:18 pm

I was more annoyed at the England players than at Garces pinging them.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 03 Oct 2015, 1:13 pm

Camilla Kerslake, known as the 'Scrummy Soprano', says she has been abused in the street following the decision by her boyfriend Chris Robshaw to go for a try against Wales that ultimately led to defeat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11909200/Camilla-Kerslake-girlfriend-of-England-rugby-captain-tells-of-threats.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 03 Oct 2015, 2:12 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Camilla Kerslake, known as the 'Scrummy Soprano', says she has been abused in the street following the decision by her boyfriend Chris Robshaw to go for a try against Wales that ultimately led to defeat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11909200/Camilla-Kerslake-girlfriend-of-England-rugby-captain-tells-of-threats.html
Glad you posted that, mate.  I read that article this morning and it really peed me off.  Any abuse is totally unacceptable.  Whether we like Robshaw as a player or captain or not, it should have absolutely nothing to do with his personal life.  That's private and separate. There are obviously all kinds of idiots in the world, and they seem to be increasing.  But for God's sake, to threaten people over this is pathetic and criminal.

Besides, by all accounts he is exactly the type of bloke one would want as his neighbor.  

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 03 Oct 2015, 2:16 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Camilla Kerslake, known as the 'Scrummy Soprano', says she has been abused in the street following the decision by her boyfriend Chris Robshaw to go for a try against Wales that ultimately led to defeat.

Glad you posted that, mate.  I read that article this morning and it really peed me off.  Any abuse is totally unacceptable.  Whether we like Robshaw as a player or captain or not, it should have absolutely nothing to do with his personal life.  That's private and separate.  There are obviously all kinds of idiots in the world, and they seem to be increasing.  But for God's sake, to threaten people over this is pathetic and criminal.

Besides, by all accounts he is exactly the type of bloke one would want as his neighbor.  

It's very unfair that people's private life should be effected by a sporting result.

In all communities there will, sadly, always be a minority idiot element.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 03 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

Wouldn't have said that if Robshaw was by her side. What a bunch of lowlifes.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 03 Oct 2015, 2:48 pm

doctor_grey wrote:

Glad you posted that, mate.  I read that article this morning and it really peed me off.  Any abuse is totally unacceptable.  Whether we like Robshaw as a player or captain or not, it should have absolutely nothing to do with his personal life.  That's private and separate.  There are obviously all kinds of idiots in the world, and they seem to be increasing.  But for God's sake, to threaten people over this is pathetic and criminal.

This is a big problem in the "online era". It is far too easy to find someone's personal information online, and there are many hate groups/planned attacks through social media nowadays. It is getting worse.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm

Could also be a cynical ploy from her to launch her career, rule nothing out.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

I doubt it - these hate crime attacks are becoming very common nowadays and I think that is a far more likely scenario.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:15 pm

The problem with social media is that people who make a living divulging practically all personal details of their private lives, then get a sudden shock that the info could be used by more than fans and potentially in very dangerous ways.

An entire generation needs to wake up and realise that opening your personal wardrobes, bathrooms, private diaries, drawers, kitchens, photos, opinions and bloody heart to online strangers posing as 'friends/followers' is not natural, not real and ...................... well, downright mad.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:20 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I doubt it - these hate crime attacks are becoming very common nowadays and I think that is a far more likely scenario.

Even the mods on v2 are letting it slip in by refusing to take action toward racists like Chunky.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:47 am

SecretFly wrote:The problem with social media is that people who make a living divulging practically all personal details of their private lives, then get a sudden shock that the info could be used by more than fans and potentially in very dangerous ways.

An entire generation needs to wake up and realise that opening your personal wardrobes, bathrooms, private diaries, drawers, kitchens, photos, opinions and bloody heart to online strangers posing as 'friends/followers' is not natural, not real and ...................... well, downright mad.

This is also true, but a lot of people live for that stuff.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:13 am

An honest guy who works hard, but if off-form is half the man and not a leader as he leads by example.

He's been poor recently and this match ...

Chris Robshaw match stats: six tackles, five carries, three metres made, two passes, no turnovers... We REALLY needed him, wood and JL to have a good game. Shockingly poo.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:28 am

damage_13 wrote:An honest guy who works hard, but if off-form is half the man and not a leader as he leads by example.

He's been poor recently and this match ...

Chris Robshaw match stats: six tackles, five carries, three metres made, two passes, no turnovers... We REALLY needed him, wood and JL to have a good game. Shockingly poo.

That is just shocking. He is normally mr.Reliable and his stats are usually very good

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:33 am

I have always like Robshaw. He's a great player, does nothing flashy and normally keeps the errors to a minimum.

I still think he is the right person to captain and play for England although perhaps not from the 7 berth.

He individually didn't play well however noone in the England pack covered themselves in glory on Saturday.

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:38 am

Radge - How can you think Robshaw should still be Captain? His decision making now and in the past has been woeful.

And for the stats, well quantitative information alone is meaningless without the qualitative data to back it up. If you look at the stats then England hammered Australia. Nuff said.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:38 am

I think with a specialist 7 and Billy V at 8, Robshaw could make a very good 6. Playing 7 against a backrow including Pocock and Hooper is a miserable task, and because Robshaw had 7 on his back he's clearly an easy target. It was really a failing of the whole pack not to get to grips with the breakdown. I thought Wood had a very quiet game by his standards. Perhaps Haskell would have been a better call at 6.

I think Robshaw is a fine player, and it would be England's loss if he wasn't part of the solution in some capacity.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next