The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things?

+27
eirebilly
doctor_grey
dallym
Scottrf
lostinwales
yappysnap
stub
rozakthegoon
Notch
Heaf
Pete330v2
nathan
GavCanDance
tigertattie
Jimpy
beshocked
MarcusHalberstram
whocares
IanBru
R!skysports
SecretFly
Poorfour
rodders
Tattie Scones RRN
funnyExiledScot
LondonTiger
RDW
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things? - Page 2 Empty Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things?

Post by RDW Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Someone has created a petition to get it removed!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11888395/Rugby-World-Cup-fans-petition-ITV-to-replace-truly-awful-Paloma-Faith-theme-music.html

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things?

Post by SecretFly Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:11 am

beshocked wrote:

Sir Tom is probably shouting at the TV - I could do a better job than her!

Tom has other things on his mind right now. I could do better than that squawking cat Sam Smith, see.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does listening to Paloma Faith’s ‘World in Union’ make you want to break things?

Post by beshocked Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:17 am

scottrf drumroll

secretfly to be honest I think the biggest problem Sam Smith has is that his song doesn't sound like a Bond theme..... so easily fixable....

It's also never wise to admit that it took you 20 minutes to write the bloody thing, in this case it most definitely shows.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:18 am

beshocked wrote:secretfly to be honest I think the biggest problem Sam Smith has is that his song doesn't sound like a Bond theme.....
You reckon? I think the exact opposite, sounds just like a Bond theme to me. Didn't hear as far as the chorus though.

Last edited by Scottrf on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:19 am

Haven't heard it yet. But old Tom should have been given another shot at it. Bassey got two.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:22 am

Scottrf wrote:
beshocked wrote:secretfly to be honest I think the biggest problem Sam Smith has is that his song doesn't sound like a Bond theme.....
You reckon? I think the exact opposite, sounds just like a Bond theme to me.

Really?

The only part that sounds Bond like is nothing to do with Sam Smith.

Secretfly what does Sir Tom have on his mind? Oh right the Bond theme.

Personally I would have liked to see Muse do it.

Last edited by beshocked on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:23 am

beshocked wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
You reckon? I think the exact opposite, sounds just like a Bond theme to me.

Really?

The only part that sounds Bond like is nothing to do with Sam Smith.

Secretfly what does Sir Tom have on his mind?
Yeah but it's the Orchestra type stuff that makes it sound Bond-like.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:25 am

???

I don't rightly know what he has on his mind, shocked. He fell out with me ten years ago and stopped all communication Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:30 am

scottrf fair enough you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think it sounds like a particular stirring/impressive Bond theme.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:42 am

Scottrf wrote:
You reckon? I think the exact opposite, sounds just like a Bond theme to me. Didn't hear as far as the chorus though.

Only heard the intro (which was written by Smith) and thought jeez that is such a generic Bond theme. almost a pastiche of John Barry.

Was in the barbers and then the hot towel went on and I descended into a world of heat and silence.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:46 am

...maybe the razor was just blunt?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:08 pm

almost as bad as Katy Perry's cover of Don't Stop Me Now!

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:40 pm

OK.  Agree.  This was not good.  Who knows, maybe she sung this after a good shag and was not on her game????

Last edited by doctor_grey on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:47 pm

I cant be the only one who has absolutely no idea who Paloma Faith is?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Chick.

Singer.

One of those singers of which I couldn't tell anyone I really knew any of her songs.  My kids played me a few of her songs, and then I recalled hearing them somewhere but never impacted me enough to say that was her.  Usually a better voice than the road kill she made out of the RWC song.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:27 pm

I'm deaf and wear two hearing aids, and even I can tell how bad she sings it!

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:21 am

Just heard it now for the first time. That will resonate it my head for some time, truly awful.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:29 am

eirebilly wrote:I cant be the only one who has absolutely no idea who Paloma Faith is?

I thought it was a band.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:50 am

I like it, she's a better singer than that rough Welsh bird from tiger bay.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:20 am

TightHEAD wrote:I like it, she's a better singer than that rough Welsh bird from tiger bay.

Which one? Plenty of choice so i'm told.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:23 am

The one that sung Thunderball!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 am

TightHEAD wrote:The one that sung Thunderball!

Matt Monro?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by donglewood Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:21 pm

It's truly and genuinely awful.

What in the world made her decide to sing the lyrics as though she was a deaf Hungarian on page 2 of "how to speak English"?

donglewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2