The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room

+21
Rodney
Dipper Brown
wheelchair1991
AdamT
Lance
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
Pound-for-Pound
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
shenglong2015
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
Pedro147
Hibbz
Adam D
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
hazharrison
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room Empty Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:30 pm

Fury is about to break the internet.

How can you not love this guy?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room Empty Re: Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room

Post by Scottrf Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

You must get really excited at stag dos or University nights out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room Empty Re: Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:35 pm

Scottrf wrote:You must get really excited at stag dos or University nights out.

I used to. I'm a bit sedate these days but I do find this hilarious knowing how seriously Klitschko takes himself. He's just wrestled someone dressed as The Joker to the ground and rolled over a cameraman.

It's not Larry Holmes drop-kicking Trevor Berbick off the roof of a car but I'll take it.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Does sound a bit better than the usual drivel to be fair.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:38 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Fury proper cracks me up. Legend.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm

He walked out and returned in a suit saying "sorry I'm late.....traffic". Wlad's face looks like he's just lost a winning lottery ticket.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:40 pm

hazharrison wrote:He walked out and returned in a suit saying "sorry I'm late.....traffic". Wlad's face looks like he's just lost a winning lottery ticket.
I take every ounce of sarcasm back. Quality.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:42 pm

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room Wladimir-Klitschko-and-Tyson-Fury-Head-to-Head-Press-Conference

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:42 pm

Fury Arrives At Klitschko Presser Dressed As Batman - Runs Around Room Wladimir-Klitschko-and-Tyson-Fury-Head-to-Head-Press-Conference

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

Ah, Klitschko has labelled him a clown and now Fury's taken his jacket off and is being restrained. I'm not an expert but he may, just may be bi-polar....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

hazharrison wrote:Ah, Klitschko has labelled him a clown and now Fury's taken his jacket off and is being restrained. I'm not an expert but he may, just may be bi-polar....
Who? Batman? I think thats a given!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:48 pm

Adam D wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Ah, Klitschko has labelled him a clown and now Fury's taken his jacket off and is being restrained. I'm not an expert but he may, just may be bi-polar....
Who? Batman? I think thats a given!

Ha! Well-played.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:05 pm

They just showed the wrestling bit with "The Joker" and when he takes his jacket off and gets angry on SkySports. My days the guy is mad as a box of frogs. Great value.

Gonna end up getting KTFO'd mind you.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

Not a fan of Fury at all and hope he loses but this is hilarious.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:20 pm

what's not to love about him?

I'm sure hammersmith will be along shortly with a list.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

Someone has to inject a little excitment or we would be stuck with Wlad and his metallic droll.

Cue Rowley to defend Wlad to the hilt.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm

I wanna see it! Stuck in work ffs!

I also wouldnt miss the fight for the world, so whatever sort of marketing it is, its certainly worked on me!

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm

milkyboy wrote:what's not to love about him?

1. He's not American
2. He's not dull
3. He gets hit

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

Hard not to find that funny. One of those moments I find myself quite liking Fury......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

HAhahahahahaahaha

Love it. Fury has made this a fine spectacle. After Haye, Chisora and Fury, Wlad must think the UK breeds nothing but maniacs

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Someone has to inject a little excitment or we would be stuck with Wlad and his metallic droll.

Cue Rowley to defend Wlad to the hilt.

No need to defend Wlad, he keeps winning, he does the job for himself

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

After watching the press conference I really want Tyson to pull the upset. Unfortunately, afterwards I also gave a quick re-watch to Fury Vs Hammer so those hopes were quickly dashed.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

Poor old Wlad after Briggs he must think the World has gone mad...

Unfortunately Wlad is a consummate pro and stunts like these will probably stiffen his resolve.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

Fury will dominate the build up.

Klit will punish him come fight night

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 23 Sep 2015, 5:04 pm

Never been a Tyson Fury fan, but would love to see him throw one big wild swing and put Wlad on his a$$e, highly unlikely though.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

Batman? More like batsh1t crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 23 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm

If playground humour floats your boat and others Milky then fair enough but come fight night he's going to get brutally knocked out and made a fool of.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

I guess this must be Fury's biggest paying fight so who can blame him for trying to sell it. It will also be his biggest fight and potentially career defining fight. As long as he doesn't get too embarrassed it should open up a few more doors for him. Of course in the unlikely event that he wins ... then he can put away his batman costume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 23 Sep 2015, 8:13 pm

Was funny when entered. The rest of it where he was talking was awful. Just a thick kid throwing out incohesive insults. Wlad didn't look bothered at all. Not many people attended either. Outside of the UK this is considered a very poor defence by Wlad

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 23 Sep 2015, 8:16 pm

I like Fury. Cracks me up.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 23 Sep 2015, 8:19 pm

I like him in candid situations. Don't think he has a sharp enough brain for press conferences though. Doesnt look or sound comfortable

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 23 Sep 2015, 9:13 pm

I don't give a hoot about him one way or the other... what amuses me about him is how his clown act to sell tickets and keep himself in the public eye,  annoys the hell out of people.

I do though think he's improved as a boxer, he was excellent in the first couple of rounds of chisora 2. Some are so consumed by loathing for him they won't give him credit for anything. 

Most likely he ends up horizontal in this one though, or succumbing to a scrappy landslide points defeat.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm

As funny as this is i have a feeling it will have killed any complacancy wlad may have had about the fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:49 pm

Found it funny after all the posturing that Adam Smith said 'sit down Tyson' in a stern voice and Tyson instantly obliged.

Milky' correct, Fury is a massively improved fighter. He's made it to the point where he's as viable a challenger as any of Wlad's recent mandatories. I understand that's not the most glowing compliment but he's not the self-punching, no mark buffoon some suggest. Reality however is, he's probably going to go the way of most Wlad's mandatories.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:21 pm

He has certainly improved but its hard to know how much. Chisora is still the best guy he has faced. Too much time fighting nobodies. Don't think he is as prepared for Wlad as he could have been. They didn't want to risk testing him too much though.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 24 Sep 2015, 10:10 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

If playground humour floats your boat and others Milky then fair enough but come fight night he's going to get brutally knocked out and made a fool of.

Should know by now Hammersmith is the most dour, miserable beggar on here. Doesn't even enjoy watching GGG and Kovalev - which speaks volumes.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Sep 2015, 10:25 am

Rodney wrote:
Should know by now Hammersmith is the most dour, miserable beggar on here.
Cheers, Rodders

Damn it, better raise my game.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 24 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

Why should I enjoy watching two Eastern European, I forgot Rodney you decide what is and isn't exciting to 6. Watching a grown man dress up and act like a child isn't my idea of humour, he's a puerile embarrassment.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 24 Sep 2015, 11:45 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Why should I enjoy watching two Eastern European, I forgot Rodney you decide what is and isn't exciting to 6. Watching a grown man dress up and act like a child isn't my idea of humour, he's a puerile embarrassment.

So if they were a different nationality they'd be more appealing to you ? Quite a strange individual. As for Fury it was little bit of light hearted fun - certainly beats the regurgitated soundbites of a certain retired fighter.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 24 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

Don't try and dictate to me what I should and shouldn't enjoy watching, if they British or American it would be different, as it is I have no connection to them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Sep 2015, 11:49 am

I enjoyed it Rodney, made a change and think it pays not to take Fury too seriously, he certainly does not take himself too seriously so not sure we should.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 24 Sep 2015, 12:03 pm

I used to hate him but growing to like him a lot!

Team Fury!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 12:06 pm

He's a big kid isn't he ?/........Hard to dislike him.........Very patient with the fans too apparently.....

Hope he wins and with Wlad's chin I give him more chance than most....

But I wouldn't bet on it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 24 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

I found this embarrassing and not entertaining in the slightest, I have to say.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Thu 24 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm

I thought this was great fun. And he wasn't just throwing insults around like confetti. These are 2 quotes where he recognises defeat as a possibility. I think Wlad likes him as well.

'Don't do your usual jab, punch and run. Let's make it a fight. I want to feel pain. I want you to hurt me. I want broken noses and blood and bright lights behind the eyes. To be honest I don't care if you beat me as long as you do the job properly. If that happens once I get up I'll give you the biggest hug in the world and there'll be no excuses from me.'

'Really, I'm a realist. Either he will knock me out or I will knock him out. There's just two elements here - win or lose. To be honest I'm not fussed either way. I just want it to be a good fight and if it's a draw we can have a massive rematch.'

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 24 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

I agree with Fury that there are two elements, win or lose... but if they draw they can rematch.

I'm hoping he can do the business. I liked yesterday's antics. It may have been a little cringewothy but he doesn't care and the alternative wouldn't have made for a great presser. Headlines without scandal are OK by me.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 24 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm

Rowley wrote:I enjoyed it Rodney, made a change and think it pays not to take Fury too seriously, he certainly does not take himself too seriously so not sure we should.

People can like and dislike who they want, find it a bit of fun or cringe with embarrassment, but this is the crux... Some of those hating on him don't seem to appreciate that it's all just a game for him. The real egotist's are the tossers who  talk about themselves in the third person, who get obsessed by their own self importance. Who say they're the greatest ever and actually mean/believe it.

I can understand people thinking he's childish, thinking his antics demean the sport, thinking he's a crap boxer, but please... taking what he says seriously?! Yet some seem to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 2:50 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Found it funny after all the posturing that Adam Smith said 'sit down Tyson' in a stern voice and Tyson instantly obliged.

Milky' correct, Fury is a massively improved fighter. He's made it to the point where he's as viable a challenger as any of Wlad's recent mandatories. I understand that's not the most glowing compliment but he's not the self-punching, no mark buffoon some suggest. Reality however is, he's probably going to go the way of most Wlad's mandatories.

Yeah and by dressing as Batman and wrestling the Joker in a press conference he has done alot to dispell this myth.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 2:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's a big kid isn't he ?/........Hard to dislike him.........Very patient with the fans too apparently.....

Hope he wins and with Wlad's chin I give him more chance than most....

But I wouldn't bet on it..

The ususal Truss covering all angles so afterwards he can declare himself a boxing nostradamus....

"I said he would win"

or

"I told you not to bet on him"

Can read you like a Dickens Truss.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next