The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Klitschko OFF

+21
ShahenshahG
bellchees
EX7EY
catchweight
Pedro147
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
milkyboy
compelling and rich
Ronikara
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
TopHat24/7
horizontalhero
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
Dipper Brown
AdamT
hazharrison
25 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fury vs Klitschko OFF Empty Fury vs Klitschko OFF

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:28 pm

Oh dear....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Klitschko OFF Empty Re: Fury vs Klitschko OFF

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:39 pm

?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

Source?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:57 pm

Just breaking on Twitter. Awaiting official confirmation.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:09 pm

Not that I really care, but why?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Not that I really care, but why?

"Setback in training". Word is he's 20 stone and ticket sales are abysmal.

Something big coming in this UKAD hearing - I can smell it. I knew this one wouldn't happen.

Terrible from Fury. Absolutely terrible.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm

I am a fan of Fury, very disappointed.

Not often I feel sorry for Wlad, but it's a farce now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:41 pm

Fury needs to be stripped of the title immediately, he's a disgrace!

Get Wlad and David Haye to fight for the vacant title

There, problem sorted!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

Get Wlad vs someone. Not Haye yet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:07 pm

If Haye ain't ready now he never will be. He's going to be frozen out of the picture til next year at the very earliest. Get in now.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

Think Haye has Wilder. WBA has no mandatory contender. WBO could strip Fury and make Klitschko vs Parker but word is that Parker may fight AJ on Nov 26.

Official line is this fight is just postponed....again...

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:35 pm

I'm sure the governing bodies will be salivating at the thought of taking the belts off Fury and sticking them on 3 different boxers. Shame as heavyweight division was one of the few with a clear champion.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:54 pm

Can't wait for Haye vs Briggs for the WBA, MTV & SM:TV live championship of the world!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 11:19 pm

Gets a one off win over an unprepared Wladamir and now runs into the sunset knowing his fate.

Ultimate duck. Almost worse than Canelo.

Let's get him stripped and kick him to where he belongs, out of the ring.

Good news for boxing this

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 11:23 pm

Reckon Tyson Fury is burning all his bridges.  It's just one thing after another, from his criticising the sport, not bothering to get into shape, saying he has had enough of Britain and will leave, retire from boxing, misogynistic and racist / anti-semitic rants, his non-appearance at a televised promotional event, his delaying the fight for a sprained ankle, his failed drugs test, another postponement  / cancellation for unspecified medical issues ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37456191

Ben Dirs, BBC Sport wrote:"Few in the fight game will be surprised to hear that Fury-Klitschko II is off again.

"Last week, Fury failed to show up to a press conference in London, at which Klitschko said he suspected the rematch would never happen.

"Rumours have circulated that he has not been training and there is a real possibility that he will be stripped of his world titles, having not defended them since dethroning Klitschko last November."

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:30 am

Get him in with AJ, he needs an opponent!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:30 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Gets a one off win over an unprepared Wladamir and now runs into the sunset knowing his fate.

Ultimate duck. Almost worse than Canelo.

Let's get him stripped and kick him to where he belongs, out of the ring.

Good news for boxing this

You won't be saying that when Wlad takes over the division again

Unprepared, LOL come on you dislike him but don't lie

He ain't ducking he has a medical condition, he should be stripped and AJ and Wlad fight in Nov

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:44 am

Dan is reporting that he needs to go into a mental institution

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:35 am

If Tyson is suffering from a mental health problem then I take back my earlier remarks. It wouldn't surprise me, he's openly spoken out about his symptoms in the past. Hope he gets well.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:38 am

Shocking behaviour from Fury and his team I agree he should be relinquished from the belts - the guys I feel sorry for are the fans who've bought tickets for the event (not sure if any on here) i toyed with the idea of going myself. Been to a few events this year and organising travel, accomodation is costly - disgraceful treatment of boxing fans once again. Klitschko needs an opponent - AJ needs an opponent (Hearn keeps telling us he's the best) so he's your chance or shall I stop dreaming?

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:59 am

He needs to take a complete break....Get his head sorted....

Problem is that the King-opportunist Haye is rubbing his hands in the wings doing the maths...

Haye v Stiff = Belt....

If Haye was set for Wilder you can bet it won't happen now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:40 am

He's had a year off already! How long is a " complete break"

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:53 am

HAHA HAHAHA Fury is an absolute joke! What a complete joke. Sod whatever 'condition' he's coming up with now.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt for a legitimate brilliant win against K (doubt any other boxer in the world could have pulled that off) but now he's back to the fool that uppercuts himself and gets dropped by cruiserweights.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:09 am

horizontalhero wrote:He's had a year off already! How long is a " complete break"

If he has work related depression....He needs to get away from work..

Wlad is a permanent fixture in his life..

Maybe vacate.......and recuperate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:43 am

Rodney wrote:Shocking behaviour from Fury and his team I agree he should be relinquished from the belts - the guys I feel sorry for are the fans who've bought tickets for the event (not sure if any on here) i toyed with the idea of going myself.  Been to a few events this year and organising travel, accomodation is costly - disgraceful treatment of boxing fans once again. Klitschko needs an opponent - AJ needs an opponent (Hearn keeps telling us he's the best) so he's your chance or shall I stop dreaming?

Cheers , Rodders

I had them and sent them back a few weeks ago. I had decreasing confidence the fight would happen and a £600 + quid weekend means a quiet few weeks before and after. Did not want to risk living like a bleeding hermit for weeks for an event that looked unlikely to happen.

As an aside have to say the reaction of some people on here has been shameful. If Fury is genuinely suffering from mental illness it deserves sympathy not abuse. I personally hope he gets the help he needs and makes a speedy recovery.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:45 am

Mental issues?  Yes maybe.   He has already said he doesn't like boxing.  Somewhere along the line he fell out of love with it.  Maybe it was just too much hard work for him - all the training that goes into preparing for a fight.  He says he is naturally lazy.  So the only thing that was keeping him in boxing was the idea of proving himself to be the best - to win a world title ... to beat the best that had dominated the division for ten years - Wladimir Klitshko.  And somehow he managed to beat him and so he became an instant global superstar with global attention ... But after the glory, after the stratospheric high ... then what.  Maybe he hates boxing and now he has nothing to prove to himself ... and he is just too lazy to get himself motivated for this fight - and he doesn't have the balls to quit - because maybe he doesn't know what he wants to do next.  So we have what we have ... and other people are going to have to make the decision for him.  He has to be stripped off the belts and he has to sort himself out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:53 am

if you carry the depression gene then you shouldn't do cocaine simple as that that's all I've got to say on it. The gene can remain dormant your whole life but if it's there lurking cocaine can activate it

Like to see him give the title up for now feeling a touch of sympathy for Wlad like to see Wlad vs Joshua for the title c'mon Eddy make it

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:55 am

Said it some weeks ago but if Hearn is not on the phone to Wlad this morning he is not doing his job. Don't know if he would take it but you've got an ageing big name opponent who has gone through the expense of training and will be wanting to get back into the mix and in action soon. He might just fancy it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:11 am

Though of course Eddy will want Wlad Joshua in a big stadium summer so not sure if I can believe Eddy would Wlad next up

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:11 am

Not the time of year for Josh v Wlad....Rowley...

It is a stadium fight if marketed in the right way....Needs an angle.....Smart move would be Spring next year....Gives Josh another fight's experience (Wlad will be the most dangerous fighter by a mile he has fought) plus Wlad will be six months older...Maybe he will also have a belt.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:23 am

Id still like to see it next up though if it can be done no doubt but would it bring in maximum revenue we got to think of Eddy

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:27 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:if you carry the depression gene then you shouldn't do cocaine simple as that that's all I've got to say on it. The gene can remain dormant your whole life but if it's there lurking cocaine can activate it

It's almost like people with mental issues don't always make intelligent lifestyle choices. Who knew?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:33 am

With all due respect, if Hearn is matching Joshua against Breazale and (looking to match him with) Hughie Fury then he isn't going anywhere near Klitschko. Not a chance.

There's plenty of video interviews out there where Tyson explains that one minute he's on Cloud 9, the next at rock bottom wondering what it's all about. Belts, fighting, fame, winning, losing - none of it means anything.

He needs to get out of the sport and get well. Then see if he wants anything to do with it down the road.

He'll be a shadow hanging over the division until he's beaten, however.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:40 am

He has manic depression......Very common.

B**tard thing to have and a b**tard thing to have to live with someone who has it...

Thoughts with him and his family..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:42 am

If Tyson fury is being institutionalised then he really should get more sympathy.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 24 Sep 2016, 11:08 am

if he genuinely unwell then fair enough its the right decision. but the cynic in me is saying he's used a excuse thats very difficult to prove and a easy out

been a critic of mike tyson in the past for the way he didnt deal with pressure and the way he imploded. tyson certainly had his mental issues yet doesn't get a free ride, why should fury

if he gets properly institutionalized then i take it back, and i dont mean couple of weeks with his feet up in the priory

we live in a age where every fat kid is unfit because of asthma, and every naughty kid is like that because of adhd. everyone stupid is dyslexic. its why im fairly cynical with lot of issues like this

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 24 Sep 2016, 11:51 am

Rowley wrote:
Rodney wrote:Shocking behaviour from Fury and his team I agree he should be relinquished from the belts - the guys I feel sorry for are the fans who've bought tickets for the event (not sure if any on here) i toyed with the idea of going myself.  Been to a few events this year and organising travel, accomodation is costly - disgraceful treatment of boxing fans once again. Klitschko needs an opponent - AJ needs an opponent (Hearn keeps telling us he's the best) so he's your chance or shall I stop dreaming?

Cheers , Rodders

I had them and sent them back a few weeks ago. I had decreasing confidence the fight would happen and a £600 + quid weekend means a quiet few weeks before and after. Did not want to risk living like a bleeding hermit for weeks for an event that looked unlikely to happen.

As an aside have to say the reaction of some people on here has been shameful. If Fury is genuinely suffering from mental illness it deserves sympathy not abuse. I personally hope he gets the help he needs and makes a speedy recovery.

Mate, you are right- my comments have been less than sympathetic, and he has a mental illness, in pretty bad taste, but can you imagine the reaction if was Haye we were talking about here- half the board would be demanding he be hung, drawn and quartered!

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:27 pm

Likewise, I made a flippant comment in the other fury thread, which was inappropriate and ill timed. If it's genuinely the reason then let's hope he gets treatment... One McCall Lewis was enough.

Mental illness can be a debilitating disease and as truss says toxic for those who have it and their loved ones.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 24 Sep 2016, 3:28 pm

It's pretty obvious he has an illness. I hope he gets the right care.

He still should be stripped though and when he's better, he can make a go for the title, if he wants to.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:04 pm

Mentally distraught enough to get on the beers in France with England fans, screwed up enough to go clubbing in the lead up to his original K date, and so broken down tonight that he was fine enough to turn up and watch the boxing ringside.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:07 pm

Many mental illnesses are typified by extreme highs and extreme lows. Just because someone is not sat in a darkened room crying 24/7 it does not mean there is obviously nothing wrong with them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:45 pm

A lot of people have mental issues. Many of Tyson Fury's issues were self inflicted by his behaviour that turned many people against him and for which he was severely criticised. He wasn't able to take the criticism threatening to leave Britain and quit Boxing. Yes he has issues but his misogynistic, homophobic and anti-Semitic rants were all self inflicted, his bad attitude to boxing that gave him opportunities in life and made him a multi-millionaire, were all self inflicted. He seems very self-absorbed, selfish, unpleasant ... and that has rebounded on him. He needs to grow up. There are too many "babies" in this world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:57 pm

There are also too many judgemental people happy to criticise people they don't and to comment on subjects such as mental illness which I'd suspect 99% have absolutely zero qualifications in.

There is still such horrible stigma about mental illness. Had news broken this morning that fury had cancer he would have received universal sympathy. The news breaks he is mentally unwell he basically gets told to pull himself together and man up. Terrible stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:04 pm

You're wasting your time...You're dealing with the same kind of moron that thinks alcoholics drink because they enjoy it..

Just leave them to their ignorance..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:09 pm

There are also too many people that hear the word 'mental' and immediately clamour to forgive all manner of sins....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm

Comparing hypothetical self diagnosed 'mental illness' with cancer.....fecking tragic.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Sep 2016, 7:56 am

Must say I was a little surprised seeing Fury at the Crolla fight last night...

Pulled out of Wlad because of depression on Friday and parading about in front of Manchester fans on Saturday...many of whom probably had purchased tickets...

Showed an unsurprising lack of tact...

No one wishes depression on anybody and I've had experience of seeing the effects up close...

Should have watched it at home...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 25 Sep 2016, 10:03 am

Yeh, it's not going to garner much sympathy.

In general you'd think very few people haven't been touched by/witnessed mental illness in some shape or form these days and would be a little more sympathetic. I guess there's still the stiff upper lip mentality in the uk... And Maybe the perception that half the population seem to be popping fluoxetine chucked at them by their gp's, trivialises it to some degree.

But diagnosed clinical depression and bi-polar disorder can be very serious conditions. Of course i don't think it has been confirmed that that's what fury has, so all supposition at this stage.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2016, 10:22 am

Some people develop mental issues when they can't make decisions.  It seems to me that Tyson Fury doesn't want to box, doesn't want to do the training, but feels he has to box ...  Either he has climbed his personal mountain and having reached the summit has lost all motivation ... or he just doesn't want to fight Wladimir again - he would rather have an easy fight where he doesn't have to train much and there is a less of a risk of being sparked out ... or a fight with someone else, so something new, for which he can motivate himself for.

This is Dr* Wladimir Klitschko's view before the first fight:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3312437/Wladimir-Klitschko-admits-thinks-Tyson-Fury-bipolar-mental-issues-opponent-s-rant-homosexuality-abortion-paedophilia-devil-worshipping.html

*PhD in "sports science and philosophy" from the University of Kiev, Ukraine, January 2001.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 25 Sep 2016, 12:07 pm

PhD in sports science and philosophy. That's this debate done then.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next