The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine

+10
hazharrison
Coxy001
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Rodney
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
wheelchair1991
14 posters

Go down

New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine Empty New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:58 am

And its Roman Gonzalez.

The top 10 P4P list reads:

1. Gonzalez
2. Ward
3. Kovalev
4. Golovkin
5. Rigondeaux
6. Klitschko
7. Crawford
8. Pacquiao
9. Yamanaka
10. Brook

Reactions?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine Empty Re: New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:14 am

Why Crawford and ggg are rated above pacquiaio is a complete mystery

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine Empty Re: New P4P number 1 announced by Ring Magazine

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:33 am

Kell Brook at ten? What the hell.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:15 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Why Crawford and ggg are rated above pacquiaio is a complete mystery

Well I would personally pick Crawford to beat Pacquiaio now.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

No argument on the top 5. Brook's entry is baffling faced one opponent in the top 30 in how many fights?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:54 am

Yeah Brook should not be there

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:07 am

Ward #2 based on what, 1 fight (Paul Smith) in 2 years??!

I had him #2 after Dawson from memory, but he dropped out following a year of inaction/retirement (as Floyd had to) and I don't see how he can earn the same placing simply for turning up.

Don't see how Brook has justified #10 either.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

In fairness, I think compiling a pound for pound list is pretty tricky at the moment. In the last two or three years a lot of the old established order have been ushered out (by either retirement or loss of form); Martinez, Froch, Wonjongkam, Donaire, Marquez etc, and now you can (supposedly) add Mayweather to that list. There are some good, younger fighters out there such as Brook, Crawford, Walters etc but they haven't put together a body of work yet to make them feel like adequate replacements, hence why it might only take one or two good wins to out you in to contention for a list like this.

On top of that, there are a few guys who put themselves near the front of the queue but who have lost that momentum through inactivity and / or failure to land a big, anticipated fight like Ward, Rigondeaux and Mikey Garcia. We've all got our own ways of ranking fighters and if someone said that Ward, despite his obvious talent, shouldn't be ranked on the basis of just two fights in the last three years against Edwin Rodriguez and Paul Smith, you couldn't dismiss them outright, even if you disagreed.

In 2012 there were probably twelve, maybe even fifteen names who could conceivably be a solid top-tenner depending on the criteria. Now there's probably closer to six or seven, and the rest basically get in almost by default.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:11 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Why Crawford and ggg are rated above pacquiaio is a complete mystery

I would have to disagree, unless Pacquiao is finished after the shoulder injury, if he is anything like he was before he will beat Khan and Crawford comfortably.

Crawford hasn't done anything yet to show that he is at that level, he beat Gamboa and looked impressive, but he also looked at least 2 divisions bigger than him, what do you think Pacquiao would have done against Gamboa?

Jury is still out for me on Crawford in terms of calling him the second coming of Mayweather, he is certainly exciting and I'm sure Arum will give us that fight before Pacquiao retires next year.

At the moment Pacquiao is the best welterweight in the world now that Floyd has retried, I don't think anyone would beat him out of the current crop.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

Would be excited to see Crawford-Spence Jr.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:42 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:

I would have to disagree, unless Pacquiao is finished after the shoulder injury, if he is anything like he was before he will beat Khan and Crawford comfortably.

Crawford hasn't done anything yet to show that he is at that level, he beat Gamboa and looked impressive, but he also looked at least 2 divisions bigger than him, what do you think Pacquiao would have done against Gamboa?

Jury is still out for me on Crawford in terms of calling him the second coming of Mayweather, he is certainly exciting and I'm sure Arum will give us that fight before Pacquiao retires next year.

At the moment Pacquiao is the best welterweight in the world now that Floyd has retried, I don't think anyone would beat him out of the current crop.

I think he's got it all. Boxing ability, ring IQ, footwork, handspeed and power. Not really seen him really shaken up either and he's been in with big punchers like Prescott, Gamboa and Beltran.

Think he's a lot more rounded then Pacquiao.

We have to remember the Crawford is a light-welter at the moment aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:

I think he's got it all. Boxing ability, ring IQ, footwork, handspeed and power. Not really seen him really shaken up either and he's been in with big punchers like Prescott, Gamboa and Beltran.

I won't disagree that he is more rounded than Pacquiao, but Pacquiao is faster hits harder and has fought at the top top level.

He hasn't been in with anyone anywhere near the level of Pacquiao, but it would be great for him to be given to opportunity to prove it.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:58 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:

Is Beltran a big puncher? Can't think of anything notable, his ko ratio must be c.50%. And Gamboa was a monster puncher at 126/130, not sure there's much evidence he's carried that power up to 135 and beyond.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:19 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

Is Beltran a big puncher? Can't think of anything notable, his ko ratio must be c.50%.  And Gamboa was a monster puncher at 126/130, not sure there's much evidence he's carried that power up to 135 and beyond.

Your KO ratio doesn't always represent your punching power. I wouldn't like to say to Burns an Ao that he can't punch. I know he's been done for juicing but he fought Crawford in between those two bouts and was probs juicing for the Crawford fight aswell.

Being fair to Gamboa he's only fought Perez and Crawford at lightweight and hasn't really had the chance to prove he's carried his power.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

I won't disagree that he is more rounded than Pacquiao, but Pacquiao is faster hits harder and has fought at the top top level.

He hasn't been in with anyone anywhere near the level of Pacquiao, but it would be great for him to be given to opportunity to prove it.

I would like to see this fight, not sure Arum would allow it though Laugh

Just because he hasn't been in with someone the level of what Pacquiao is at now, doesn't mean he couldn't do him over.

Pacquiao was faster and hits alot harder then Marquez and look what happened.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:27 pm

If I were Crawford I'd be pestering Arum to make the Pacquiao fight. A fight against a legend of whom something is still expected and who isn't totally shot, but who is beatable and past his best, clearly. Perfect match-making for Crawford to elevate himself to star status.

I think Crawford is exceptional and is one of the best pure talents around - he was my Fighter of the Year for 2014 without doubt. But he did dwarf opponents at 135, and unless he fights Matthysse I don't see any point of him sticking at 140 when Arum has a couple of easy-to-make, in house opportunites open for him at Welterweight in the form of Pacquiao and Bradley. A couple of wins such as that would transform him from a dark horse in the pound for pound race to a real, outright candidate.

It's interesting that his chin has been brought up - I actually think that's still a very slight question mark. Gamboa had him stunned, which is why I'd like to see him in there with Matthysse, a guy who has flattened 140 pounders rather than 126 / 130 ones like Gamboa did. Personally, I think Crawford's chin will prove itself to be dependable enough, and that him being wobbled the odd tims at 135 was along the lines of just being too tight and a bit weakened at the weight, ala Cotto at 140 where he was puzzlingly dropped and shaken a few times - but I'd like to see him in there with Lucas to rubber-stamp that belief.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

Crawford v Matthysse would be epic thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

Poor old Wlad gone from 2 to 6 ....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Poor old Wlad gone from 2 to 6 ....

And for no reason which is why i find p4p rankings stupid

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:26 pm

Didn't Gonzalez just drop a fairly hotly disputed decision against Salido? And by drop not get the win (as it was a draw, duh).

I would have GGG #1 if only to see Truss froth all over this place. Kovalev would be my #1 though, absolutely feckstick knows how Ward got to be #2 having fought twice in the last 2892389 years.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:30 pm

Won't make me froth If posters on here have GGG number 1...

Just happy to take regular breaks from the monotony of my job...

Was going to be a history teacher and changed my mind..Worst mistake I ever made.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Won't make me froth If posters on here have GGG number 1...

Just happy to take regular breaks from the monotony of my job...

Was going to be a history teacher and changed my mind..Worst mistake I ever made.

So what do you do now out of curiosity?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:36 pm

I'm a gigolo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm a gigolo..

Thought as much....

But on a serious note please do tell...........

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:40 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Didn't Gonzalez just drop a fairly hotly disputed decision against Salido? And by drop not get the win (as it was a draw, duh).

I would have GGG #1 if only to see Truss froth all over this place. Kovalev would be my #1 though, absolutely feckstick knows how Ward got to be #2 having fought twice in the last 2892389 years.

That was Martinez (against Salido). Gonzalez is a flyweight (43-0).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Didn't Gonzalez just drop a fairly hotly disputed decision against Salido? And by drop not get the win (as it was a draw, duh).

That was Martinez (against Salido). Gonzalez is a flyweight (43-0).

picard

I thought I was getting confused.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:48 pm

Work in Business psychology (Troubleshooting)...Analysing procedures, behaviours and processes in the workplace....and then producing a blueprint for making the company more efficient...

As boring as it sounds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Work in Business psychology (Troubleshooting)...Analysing procedures, behaviours and processes in the workplace....and then producing a blueprint for making the company more efficient...

As boring as it sounds..

So your a business consultant?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:54 pm

Been through this plenty of times thought you'd know already.....

What do you do ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 1:59 pm

Unfortunately I work in Tax........

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 2:01 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Unfortunately I work in Tax........

Someone has to.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 2:07 pm

HMRC??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 2:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

HMRC??

Yep

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

HMRC??

Yep

Thought I remembered them having an office in Liverpool. Think the option to tax unit used to be there before being moved to Glasgow. What dept do you work in?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

HMRC??

Yep

Thought I remembered them having an office in Liverpool.  Think the option to tax unit used to be there before being moved to Glasgow. What dept do you work in?

Indirect Tax Tumbleweed

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:41 pm

if you work in indirect tax in liverpool, does that make you vatman and robin?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm

milkyboy wrote:if you work in indirect tax in liverpool, does that make you vatman and robin?

picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

yes, should have picked up my coat after that one... but I'm shameless.... TAXi for milky (i did say i was shameless)

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:14 pm

milkyboy wrote:if you work in indirect tax in liverpool, does that make you vatman and robin?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

clap clap clap clap clap

tomato tomato tomato tomato
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:16 pm

Haha so bad its good.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:17 pm

Always had you down as a bit of a reprebate, milky.

Ba-boom.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm

I live in my mums attic and don't know what work is.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm

You're not doing much of a job convincing anyone you're not a truss alias Adam.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:20 pm

My Poppa had five bits of advice for me....

Don't get married......
Don't have kids...
Have a good time and see the World.........
Don't support the Red Sox they'll always let you down......
Don't listen to any advice I give you.......

One out of five ain't bad..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:55 pm

Truss is too Alpha for me Milky

I'm Adam Smith Really.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down