The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else had a go at parkrun?

+23
Rowley
Ent
No 7&1/2
rIck_dAgless
navyblueshorts
Pal Joey
ShahenshahG
LivinginItaly
Nay
Corporalhumblebucket
alfie
CuriousGeorge
aja424
superflyweight
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
TRUSSMAN66
Galted
incontinentia
Hero
Stella
TopHat24/7
guildfordbat
27 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Anyone else had a go at parkrun? - Page 15 Empty Anyone else had a go at parkrun?

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 06 Sep 2015, 11:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was wondering whether anyone else on V2 has had a go at "Parkrun". It's a 5k run every Saturday morning at 0900 in parks or other similar venues. It's free and is organised by volunteers. There's loads of venues all over England and in several other countries as well.  It's not really a race, other than you against yourself, you can see all your timings on line, including how fast you are for your age group, and (if applicable Wink ) how much you've improved week on week. Many venues have several hundred people of all ages taking part.  I'm *ahem* well into middle age, and was completely unathletic. But my daughter got me started and now I take part nearly every week.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a go at parkrun? - Page 15 Empty Re: Anyone else had a go at parkrun?

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:03 pm

Next up - I'll probably do Crowborough 10k in E Sussex. Hilly 2 lap road route - goes through a ford twice, which is fun in winter. Def no PBs there - will be pleased simply to beat time I managed at this event two years ago.

Do you have races lined up?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had a go at parkrun? - Page 15 Empty Re: Anyone else had a go at parkrun?

Post by lfc91 Thu 02 Nov 2017, 12:24 pm

No but the fact I was on checking the fixtures yesterday is a positive in itself. Was out for around 6 weeks there which was frustrating.

Might just stick to Parkrun until the new year though.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 04 Dec 2017, 10:01 am

First Parkrun back in a few months, ran a 21.27. Was in and around my target (was aiming for 4.15 K's). Struggled badly on 4 & 5. Good to be back at it though.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 28 Jan 2018, 6:21 pm

Did the hilly Crowborough 10k in early Dec. Very pleased with time of 49:22. (This knocked about 5 minutes of my time on that race two years ago). Next up race is Tunbridge Wells half marathon in mid Feb.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum