The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

+21
profitius
George Carlin
Cardiff Dave
Welshmushroom
stub
wayne
XR
Stone Motif
The Great Aukster
thebandwagonsociety
Marshes
SecretFly
LeinsterFan4life
PhilBB
Irish Londoner
Notch
LordDowlais
cp10
ScarletSpiderman
Chunky Norwich
Sin é
25 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 19 Empty PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Sin é Thu 06 Aug 2015, 1:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome Martin Anayi, you are going to have your hands full.

Read more at http://www.pro12rugby.com/news/17587.php#kJPQdWr0F2UKZ8DF.99
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 19 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 11:08 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Sooooo the question is whether George Clancy should referee Irish Revenue games? Wouldnt that depend on what section he is in (PAYE versus Income Tax for example).

Bearing in mind his namesake George Clancy, former Major of Limerick was murdered by the Black & Tans, should young George be reffing any England games/team ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clancy

Well I doubt it was for a refereeing decision...although given the vitriol thrown at refs in An Bhreatain Bheag for decisions you couldnt tell

Just as well I wasn't holding my coffee. Brilliant Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 19 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm

Marshes wrote:Jesus I thought this donkey's hind legs were talked off when bandwagonsociety brought up that stats last year that Irish teams have worse results under irish refs. What part of the donkey are ye talking off now?

The @rse?

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

The Pro12 final will be played in Edinburgh this year, those b@st@rd Irish taking everything for themselves again and so unprofessional announcing it after only one game played in the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34186919

Congrats to Edinburgh and Murrayfield Im sure it'll be a great event and it seems the Pro12 and Ulsters (Glasgow too) gamble last year paid of and everyone wants a piece of the pie now

'Edinburgh saw off bids from the 11 other Pro12 clubs and their regions in order to stage the event.'

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm

marty2086 wrote:

'Edinburgh saw off bids from the 11 other Pro12 clubs and their regions in order to stage the event.'

That is incorrect.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

That is incorrect.

Damn BBC are in on the conspiracy now too, whatever next?! furious steam

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:09 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

That is incorrect.

Unless you really think parma, newport, llanelli, treviso, galway et al really made bids.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

That is incorrect.

Unless you really think parma, newport, llanelli, treviso, galway et al really made bids.

So your saying the BBC lied?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:

I'm saying the BBC interpreted this:

We invited offers from all 12 clubs & their regions to host the Final.

as this

Edinburgh saw off bids from the 11 other Pro12 clubs

in their usual barely competent manner.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:30 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I'm saying the BBC interpreted this:

We invited offers from all 12 clubs & their regions to host the Final.

as this

Edinburgh saw off bids from the 11 other Pro12 clubs

in their usual barely competent manner.

Or maybe, just maybe everyone decided to pitch their hat into the ring and see what happened

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Or maybe, just maybe everyone decided to pitch their hat into the ring and see what happened

As I said, I know that to not be the case.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

As I said, I know that to not be the case.

Yeah you claim to know a lot but that usually seems not to be the case

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm

Cearly more than you, it seems.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Well not all of us have an inside role like yourself to know how the Irish are a bunch of self serving money grabbing Welsh shafting furious furious

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:46 pm

marty2086 wrote:Well not all of us have an inside role like yourself to know how the Irish are a bunch of self serving money grabbing Welsh shafting furious furious

You don't need an inside role to see that.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Well not all of us have an inside role like yourself to know how the Irish are a bunch of self serving money grabbing Welsh shafting furious furious

You don't need an inside role to see that.

No just to come off your meds for a while

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm

See how these threads descend quickly into playing the man. It only ever comes from one side of the tracks too.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:51 pm

If you say so, I'd tell you to go back and read some posts from some of your compatriots but they were removed because they were that bad

Though I doubt that'll disturb your 'truth'

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm

Chunky, LD and Phil, broke my laptop this morning! mad

I know it was them. I have all the evidence. Now it will cost me more to fix the thing than it would be worth. It's a write off!

Heartless sods Sad

No matter. Great excuse to buy a new one. And with BANG & OLUFSEN audio Cool

I'm king

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Sep 2015, 8:25 am

Interesting fact I have just discovered. The official in the middle for Cardiff Blues romp of Zebre last weekend was Andy Brace (Ireland), and he is a former employee of Cardiff Blues.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/my-job-in-munster-andy-brace-community-rugby-officer-30760826.html
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:40 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Interesting fact I have just discovered.  The official in the middle for Cardiff Blues romp of Zebre last weekend was Andy Brace (Ireland), and he is a former employee of Cardiff Blues.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/my-job-in-munster-andy-brace-community-rugby-officer-30760826.html

You just have to laugh at this league. Credibility crumbling away week by week.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:45 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Interesting fact I have just discovered.  The official in the middle for Cardiff Blues romp of Zebre last weekend was Andy Brace (Ireland), and he is a former employee of Cardiff Blues.

Without seeing the game I can not say if he was impartial or not, however it does seem pretty wrong being an official in a game involving your current or former employer.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Without seeing the game I can not say if he was impartial or not, however it does seem pretty wrong being an official in a game involving your current or former employer.

Indeed. Why is it that only us Welsh can see this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:51 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Without seeing the game I can not say if he was impartial or not

It doesn't matter

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:17 am

Obviously a cunning ploy by the IRFU putting him in there to help cover up the big Irish conspiracy

I knew they were clever buggers but this is genius!

Its not like the guy in charge of the referees did the same job at the RFU of which so many on here are complimentary over

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:19 am

marty, instead of being sarcastic, try and focus on why having referees with potential bias is making a mockery of our league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:22 am

marty2086 wrote:

Obviously a cunning ploy by the IRFU putting him in there to help cover up the big Irish conspiracy

Its not like the guy in charge of the referees did the same job at the RFU of which so many on here are complimentary over

Or maybe it was an attempt to show that there are some other iffy situations in the league, but for the second time today I have made a post that has not accused the Irish of anything (if anything showing that things happen both ways) only to have sarcastic comments made by the Irish community on here clap
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

LordDowlais wrote:marty, instead of being sarcastic, try and focus on why having referees with potential bias is making a mockery of our league.

They can't bring themselves to do it.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

ScarletSpiderman, it is almost as if, the Irish members on here refuse to point blank accept what is starring them in the face. But instead they would rather tell us that we are all paranoid tin hat wearing idiots.

I can see the problems that you have highlighted, but we are being daft. Irish, Welsh, Scottish or Italian, if the referees are being paid or have been paid by the same organisation they are supposed to be impartial to then there is a conflict of interest and causes claims of potential bias.

So when we do have a dodgy performance from any particular referee these claims start to surface, it only happens in our league, why can this not be seen ?

We need this taken out of our league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:35 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Or maybe it was an attempt to show that there are some other iffy situations in the league, but for the second time today I have made a post that has not accused the Irish of anything (if anything showing that things happen both ways) only to have sarcastic comments made by the Irish community on here clap

Scarlet that was not aimed at you

If I remember correctly from when Alain Rolland reffed the Munster Leinster game in the league a few year ago, Munster were given the opportunity to refuse his appointment given he was a former Leinster player and they didn't.

Its not a situation unique to the Pro12 since Rolland, a man born in France to a French father has reffed the French on many occasions. Also has Steve Walsh not reffed the All Blacks?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:40 am

marty2086 wrote:Also has Steve Walsh not reffed the All Blacks?

Wasn't that because he was transfererd to the ARU from the NZRU?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:41 am

LordDowlais wrote:ScarletSpiderman, it is almost as if, the Irish members on here refuse to point blank accept what is starring them in the face. But instead they would rather tell us that we are all paranoid tin hat wearing idiots.

No, what I am saying is that some are continually take shots at the Pro12 and ignore similar situations elsewhere.

Earlier this year I remember either you or Chunky saying how much better the refs were in other leagues not long after the Rohan Hoffman debacle in Super Rugby only to be told the Pro12 are still worse

Some will always see the worst in the league because they just plain don't like it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:42 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

So your ok with that?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:44 am

marty2086 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

So your ok with that?

No, but that's the reason. Which you omitted in your post. Hence I had to provide the detail you missed.

Just because it happens infrequently elsewhere, doesn't make the fact that the PrO'12 do it on a weekly basis ok.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:46 am

marty2086 wrote:Some will always see the worst in the league because they just plain don't like it

well, I am one who certainly does like it. I just do not like the fact that we are in a position where our league could be called into disrepute because of potential bias and a conflict of interests with our referees.

I also hate the way the fixtures are organised, and I also do not like the criteria for hosting a Celtic final. Other than that, I think there is potential for our league to be a cracking league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:marty, instead of being sarcastic, try and focus on why having referees with potential bias is making a mockery of our league.

Cardiff Blues could have fired him for all you know! (he worked for Cardiff Blues in 2007 for 9 months - could have been a College placement actually).

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

So your ok with that?

No, but that's the reason. Which you omitted in your post. Hence I had to provide the detail you missed.

Just because it happens infrequently elsewhere, doesn't make the fact that the PrO'12 do it on a weekly basis ok.

I didn't omit it I took it everyone was aware of Steve Walsh history just like I didn't mention hes from New Zealand

Its not infrequent as Walsh regularly reffed the NZ franchises in Super Rugby, JP Doyle (An Irishman in case Im accused of omitting anything) has reffed the Irish provinces in Europe, Joubert does so when SA teams play the Australian and NZ teams but again its unique to the Pro12

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:59 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Some will always see the worst in the league because they just plain don't like it

well, I am one who certainly does like it. I just do not like the fact that we are in a position where our league could be called into disrepute because of potential bias and a conflict of interests with our referees.

I also hate the way the fixtures are organised, and I also do not like the criteria for hosting a Celtic final. Other than that, I think there is potential for our league to be a cracking league.

Dictated by tv companies. The rest of us have to suffer so that the Welsh Regions get their 3m+ when and how the BBC dictate.

edit: I would also imagine it is difficult to get referees to ref games in Wales because the fans give them such a hard time.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I am not against the Pro12, and have defended in numerous times in the past too. But I do believe that there are some really big issues that do need sorting out.

With respect to the officials. Why can we not have all four unions provide an even amount of officials, and then sort out the officials into teams involving one from each union. These men can all swap around duties within the team (Ref, Line1, Line2, TMO), to allow people to gain experience in each role etc. Then we would totally do away with the preferential treatment argument, and be able to all agree on poor decisions being down to people just not being up to the job (if there are issues). The reason we don't have this is because the Pro12 is saving money by having 'home' linesmen and TMOs as then there are no hotel/flight costs involved.

If the Pro12 wants to grow then it will have to actually invest money to improve the product it supplies.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:06 am

Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Dictated by tv companies. The rest of us have to suffer so that the Welsh Regions get their 3m+ when and how the BBC dictate.

edit: I would also imagine it is difficult to get referees to ref games in Wales because the fans give them such a hard time.

I guess you didn't hear the treatment of the ref in Glasgow last weekend then?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:07 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:If the Pro12 wants to grow then it will have to actually invest money to improve the product it supplies.

Here, Here. clap clap clap

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:08 am

marty2086 wrote:

Its not infrequent as Walsh regularly reffed the NZ franchises in Super Rugby, JP Doyle (An Irishman in case Im accused of omitting anything) has reffed the Irish provinces in Europe, Joubert does so when SA teams play the Australian and NZ teams but again its unique to the Pro12

SANZAR responded after poor performances of officials and dropped anumber of referees from their panel. JP Doyle is not employed by the same people the Irish provinces are.

Why can't you see that, and admit that the PrO'12 situation is not an ideal situation? Delusion or deliberate diversion Marty?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:09 am

Sin é wrote:

I take it, you missed how the referee was treated in Glasgow's game at the weekend?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:10 am

The Irish members on here are seeing it as a personal attack on the Irish, but it is not, there is a conflict of interests in our league and it is making a mockery of it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:12 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

If the Pro12 wants to grow then it will have to actually invest money to improve the product it supplies.

The PrO'12 can't grow any further in terms of being a credible competition. It's topped out as it is. So much so that the sponsor money was so low it wasn't even disclosed. It's a lame duck and is getting lamer while the rival leagues get stronger.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:13 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

And where is the money to invest to come from?

There is nothing but non-stop bitching about everything they try to do (such as hold the final in a stadium that will generate some financial return from the sales of tickets).

The Welsh bitch if they don't get all the tv money generated in UK etc.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:16 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I take it, you missed how the referee was treated in Glasgow's game at the weekend?

What has that got to do with how little respect the Welsh fans have for the referees and it is catching elsewhere.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:17 am

Sin é wrote:The Welsh bitch if they don't get all the tv money generated in UK etc.

That's another generalising statement, I have never bitched about having all the UK tele money. I have pointed out that we generate the most tele money when I get told that we do not contribute to the league, but that is about it.

Again, why are our Irish members ALWAYS on the defence, you really need to start realising the problems with our league.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:17 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

The PrO'12 can't grow any further in terms of being a credible competition. It's topped out as it is. So much so that the sponsor money was so low it wasn't even disclosed. It's a lame duck and is getting lamer while the rival leagues get stronger.

More Growth hormone and Private South African under-the-counter investment is what we need!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:18 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

And you still don't get that if you continually talk it down, it going to get even less attractive for sponsors from Wales.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:18 am

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

What has that got to do with how little respect the Welsh fans have for the referees and it is catching elsewhere.

It shows your talking your usual b0ll0x.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next