The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

+27
dangerous_mouse
Nico the gman
trottb
B.A. BARACUS
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
rob-glos
Hands Of Stone
shenglong2015
Duty281
KO-KING
Steffan
superflyweight
milkyboy
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
AdamT
ShahenshahG
kingraf
aja424
mobilemaster8
Mayweathers cellmate
RanjitPatel
catchweight
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 3 Empty Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by catchweight Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looks like a done deal now. 12 Septemeber, MGM Las Vegas, Showtime PPV.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:01 pm

Leonard wasn't granted it was he post 87...

Johnson your number 7 of all time Cherrypicked.  As have others.

If some didn't they would have If they could..

Anyone who writes comments like those beneath...

"Maidana shows 37 yr old Floyd isn't  Top 10"..

" Murray is a great win for GGG" (10/1)....."Manny v May isn't worth watching as Manny is 3/1."...

Is obviously so biased as to make his opinion worthless.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Mayweather v Berto Official for 12 September

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm

I don't want to keep bashing Khan on a UK site, but why has he never had rematches with those, who beat him?

I don't buy any nonsense that he couldn't land the rematch. He is a well known fighter and could bag a Garcia rematch anytime he wanted.

He gets chinned, that is why he doesn't chase it. The slabbering git has the cheek to say Floyd is afraid of him and he would beat him and Pacquiao. He could hardly beat Algeri for crying out loud.

Khan is a good boxer but thick, with a glass jaw and is massively overrated by uk fans.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm

Couldn't get the Garcia match then because they went after Matthyse and they weren't interested in a rematch. They could probably get it now but Garcia looks to be shot or near it. Peterson - well you know what happened there and by the time he had recovered from the Prescott defeat Prescott had gone backwards to the point where it would have been ridiculous for the fight to be put on the table.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm

Does annoy me people still even consider the Petersen fight a loss. Petersen cheated, Khan lost a close fight on what was not even a level playing field. Should not be held against him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm

Still think too many make excuse, after excuse for Khan. I apologise if I am being ignorant because I really am not trolling.

I think he has great speed and decent skills. However in my opinion, he is massively overrated by many.

Thought he looked great against Alexander but other than that, I haven't been impressed since Maidana. He did well in the Maidana fight. Can't knock him for that.

He needs a brain tanslpant and follow instructions.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

Rowley wrote:Does annoy me people still even consider the Petersen fight a loss. Petersen cheated, Khan lost a close fight on what was not even a level playing field. Should not be held against him.

I see your point but I do hold that fight against him to a certain extent...

Boxed beautifully but then started handing rounds to Petersen by acting macho and being an idiot.....

Should have won easily...........But your correct that it should have been a ND..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

Who over rates Khan?

He seems to be universally slammed. Most of the time he deserves it, but sometimes he doesn't. I'd say he's rated around the lower end of the top ten at Welterweight. Sounds fair to me but I'd like to hear about who haves him higher.

On rematches there was an article this week (can't remember the site) saying Khan had asked Garcia and Peterson for rematches but they'd turned him down. He's taken his time (if you're inclined to believe it in the first place) but it looked like he had the Mayweather fight without needing to rematch them. Now the fight is gone, he wants to.
Depends on how you view Khan. Waiting for the Mayweather fight makes sense to me but if you don't like Khan then I can see that this could be a stick to beat him with.

I don't mind him myself but I'm fully aware of his flaws in the ring. I think Brook, Porter, Thurman and Maidana all beat him. Maybe Rios. Not sure about Bradley, he may be declining himself. If I've left anyone out and they can dig then they probably beat Khan.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:00 pm

hazharrison wrote:This, ‘who deserves to fight Floyd?’ argument strikes me as completely absurd. Imagine if the Premiership fixtures were decided each week with a ‘who deserves to play Chelsea this week?’ debate.

This has to be the most ambiguous period in the history of the sport, where every single fighter is either a God or a bum, due to the fact there is no clarity or frame of reference to compare them.

If the welterweight division had a singular, universal ratings system, properly governed and managed, then we’d know exactly who Floyd should fight – they’d be the number one contender (or the next best thing if he’d already knocked that guy off).

Without it, the sport’s reduced to a popularity contest (which it always was to an extent in terms of fighters selling tickets). The only baffling thing about all this is that Berto doesn’t have any fans and he doesn’t sell tickets.

Floyd picking and choosing who he wants to fight is fine and dandy, however, no other fighter in the sport’s history has been granted that autonomy. They operated in an entirely different framework where rankings mattered, championships mattered and fighters faced off to either advance up the ratings or win a championship (which was the only way to earn serious money). That’s one of my main gripes with him being compared to fighters from history.

If we take it for what it is then I’m baffled at the outrage surrounding Berto. If the system permits Floyd to fight who he wants, when he wants (as it has for a number of years) why then would anyone complain when he does just that? Why is anyone else better qualified? Why is Thurman better than Brook? Why is Porter better than Khan? Why is anyone a better choice than Berto? They’re all just welterweights who’ve yet to differentiate themselves from one another yearning to be picked next.

I can only hope that this is Mayweather’s final fight and he takes the whole set of nonsense away with him. Hopefully then, this PBC malarkey takes off and reorganises the sport in a way that is more logical and formatted on sporting grounds. Catch weights, day before weigh ins, multiple titles and multiple divisions has made ranking fighters (in an historical sense) almost impossible.

Agreed, how does Khan not deserve the fight with Mayweather (he isn't the holy grail of boxing) what constitutes in deserving a fight with him ? Did Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana, Canelo ???? Khan is about as a legitimate threat to Mayweather around his fighting weight - yet he doesn't deserve it. B0llocks

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm

Khan states that Brook doesn't deserve a fight with him. Double standards?

Do you guys not think Brook is closer to Khan's level, than Khan is to Floyd?

Floyd isn't the holy grail but Khan should of forced the issue by fighting the likes of Brook, Thurman etc. If he had of beat them guys, instead of Diaz, Collazo etc, then I am sure he would of got his fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:09 pm

Alvarez and Manny were legitimate threats too and he beat them..Roddy

When everyone else can have soft defences chucked in especially GGG who has them all the time !!..

Why can't Floyd...Roddy...??

As for the old timers....It's a diferent time these days.......Hate to disabuse you of the notion that in hard times these guys fought for the love of the game but they actually wanted to feed their families.

If they had more control of their careers as the fighters today they'd be taking soft fights more than they did..

Now Alvarez and Manny is better opposition that anybody else has fought in the last couple of years....

I know I'm wasting my time.................I mean when a guy has been a champ for 5 years and he is a "real fighter" when the best name on his record Martyn murray.........

You know the world is full of idiots..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm

Truss no point. People hate Floyd, I don't even argue anymore. He will be ranked were he belongs after he retires.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:16 pm

"Monroe Jr turned out to be a good boxer didn't he!!"

You have to laugh my friend..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:25 pm

They're being judged from two different points of reference Truss. GGG is supposedly the next big thing. Floyd has been king of the hill for at least 10 years and probably longer. Of course Mayweather going to come in for more flak. Yes Alvarez was great win but the Manny floyd fight no matter how great a win it was was a f***ing disgrace in nearly all facets. Its going to be tainted because it took so long. GGG might become the king or he might flop but he's not yet in the position when he can stand on a mountain and shake his bag of gold for the competition to come running. Floyd is. Theres not a single person who see's risk outweighing reward against Floyd. I've given GGG a pass so far but if he doesn't manage to get into the game in one or two years then he'll go the way of Broner. Looks good but doesn't really want it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:32 pm

5 years he's been champ Shah..

Sanchez was great after three....

Sorry mate but I disagree with your argument..

Fairplay

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:34 pm

AdamT wrote:Khan states that Brook doesn't deserve a fight with him. Double standards?

Do you guys not think Brook is closer to Khan's level, than Khan is to Floyd?

Floyd isn't the holy grail but Khan should of forced the issue by fighting the likes of Brook, Thurman etc. If he had of beat them guys, instead of Diaz, Collazo etc, then I am sure he would of got his fight.

B0llocks - Mayweather says he would've got the fight if he got past Garcia ? Yet Berto gets the call who has lost 3 of his last 6 does Berto not have to get past those guys ??

The problem I have is Mayweather managing not to face the best fighters in his division when he would have no problem in making them happen - Berto is just another long list of fighters - Mayweather has chosen who is not in his prime.

And why can't Floyd have a soft defence argument Truss ? You sound like that imbecile smiling joke Ellerbe - grow up.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 07 Aug 2015, 5:03 pm

Forget the fact it's Floyd. If you have seen I disagree with Berto being chosen.

However I strongly believe others should get the fight over Khan.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Aug 2015, 5:10 pm

Rodney getting his knickers in a twist again I see.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:33 pm

"B0llocks - Mayweather says he would've got the fight if he got past Garcia ? Yet Berto gets the call who has lost 3 of his last 6 does Berto not have to get past those guys ??"

Another example of Mayweather's bullshite. To be fair, i don't think he makes these statements, expecting anyone to take them at face value.

Some of his comments regarding the criteria for fighting him are so blatantly hypocritical that he would have to be deluded to think the average fan is foolish enough to actually believe them.

Whatever happened to 'the pacqiuao fight wont happen while Bob Arum is in the picture' or perhaps, 'pacqiuao has to avenge his loss against marquez before getting his shot'

Personally i cannot wait to see the back of Mayweather. He has taken the sport in a direction that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Fantastic talent that he is, his persona, the incessant emphasis on wealth, as evidenced by the constant focus on his private jets, fleet of cars, jewellery etc just detracts from his ability.

His grip on boxing is absolute and whilst he remains king of the hill, i feel boxing as a sport will continue to descend into the realms of soap opera/WWE type absurdity.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 6:10 pm

Alvarez and Manny 2/3 opponents....Number 1 at 154 and the P4P number 3...

Who else is fighting this kind of opposition ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 08 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm

Is Khan better than Manny Pacquiao or Alveraz? Is he even better than Maidana now?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Leonard wasn't granted it was he post 87...

Johnson your number 7 of all time Cherrypicked.  As have others.

If some didn't they would have If they could..

Anyone who writes comments like those beneath...

"Maidana shows 37 yr old Floyd isn't  Top 10"..

" Murray is a great win for GGG" (10/1)....."Manny v May isn't worth watching as Manny is 3/1."...

Is obviously so biased as to make his opinion worthless.

As frigging tiresome as it is, we'll go through this one last time.

What I actually said was: Murray was probably a tougher opponent for Golovkin than Cotto - based on the fact he was a huge, proven, game middleweight. I may also have commented that the Murray win was a top performance. After Cotto's victory over Geale, my opinion has changed a little, based on Cotto's performance.

I pointed out that Pacquiao was a 3-1 outsider when you were doing your usual, "Floyd's 58, he can't win this one" routine to illustrate the fact it wasn't deemed a 50-50 fight with bookmakers.

At no point in my life have I suggested Johnson was the 7th best fighter ever. On one occasion I joined a thread debating greatness and, based on Johnson's historic impact - I chucked him into a two minute list.

If it makes you feel less clueless, feel free to keep spinning your bulls hit, though.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:28 pm

B.A. BARACUS wrote:"B0llocks - Mayweather says he would've got the fight if he got past Garcia ? Yet Berto gets the call who has lost 3 of his last 6 does Berto not have to get past those guys ??"

Another example of Mayweather's bullshite. To be fair, i don't think he makes these statements, expecting anyone to take them at face value.

Some of his comments regarding the criteria for fighting him are so blatantly hypocritical that he would have to be deluded to think the average fan is foolish enough to actually believe them.

Whatever happened to 'the pacqiuao fight wont happen while Bob Arum is in the picture' or perhaps, 'pacqiuao has to avenge his loss against marquez before getting his shot'

Personally i cannot wait to see the back of Mayweather. He has taken the sport in a direction that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Fantastic talent that he is, his persona, the incessant emphasis on wealth, as evidenced by the constant focus on his private jets, fleet of cars, jewellery etc just detracts from his ability.

His grip on boxing is absolute and whilst he remains king of the hill, i feel boxing as a sport will continue to descend into the realms of soap opera/WWE type absurdity.

Here here. He used to do amazing things in the ring. The last time he scored a great win was Corrales. The last time he looked great was Gatti. I'll be glad to see the back of insipid safety-first types such as Wlad, Hopkins and Floyd. Even Ward's like a human fire blanket.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm

You're so anti - Mayweather it makes any sensible debate impossible.

Just so you know Barack is a very upset Manny fan.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're so anti - Mayweather it makes any sensible debate impossible.

Just so you know Barack is a very  upset Manny fan.

Let me know if you see any sensible debate on Floyd. I've yet to see one.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

"10/1 Murray is a great win for GGG...3/1 Manny isn't worth watching"

"37 year old Floyd beating Maidana shows he's not top 10 material"

"Floyd isn't Top 10 because he's a Cherrypicker !!..Jack Johnson is my number 7"..

How can I debate with someone with statements like that ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 08 Aug 2015, 10:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"10/1 Murray is a great win for GGG...3/1 Manny isn't worth watching"

"Floyd isn't Top 10 because he's a Cherrypicker !!..Jack Johnson is my number 7"..

You mean yourself?

Your shear ignorance means the irony of you calling others biased, when it comes to Mayweather, is completely lost on you isn't it?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Aug 2015, 11:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"10/1 Murray is a great win for GGG...3/1 Manny isn't worth watching"

What a strange little bloke you are. It's like arguing with The Daily Mail. Who makes up quotes? Bizarro.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 09 Aug 2015, 8:12 am

l*l

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 8:30 am

Haz are you serious about Floyds last great win was Corrales?

Surely you don't mean that. Well if you do then fighters like Cotto,GGG,Hatton,Froch etc have had nothing wins.Floyd has more great wins than any active fighter,along with Manny,JMM and Bhop.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 09 Aug 2015, 8:47 am

AdamT wrote:Haz are you serious about Floyds last great win was Corrales?

Surely you don't mean that. Well if you do then fighters like Cotto,GGG,Hatton,Froch etc have had nothing wins.Floyd has more great wins than any active fighter,along with Manny,JMM and Bhop.

Serious, yes. That was the last time he faced off against his main rival at his weight who wasn't purposely compromised in some way (be it age, wear and tear or weight) and looked a truly great fighter. Churlish to suggest the others have only "nothing" wins. Cotto over Mosley was a great win. Hopkins over Trinidad. Marquez over Pacquiao etc.

Which wins since Diego do you feel were great wins?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 2:44 pm

Castillo
De la hoya
Cotto
Alveraz

Other very good wins

Hatton
JMM
Old Mosley
Maidana

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 2:58 pm

Pacquiao was also a great win.

He would beat every Welter beside Floyd, even now. Khan wouldn't last 3 rounds with Manny.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:09 pm

AdamT wrote:Castillo
De la hoya
Cotto
Alveraz

Other very good wins

Hatton
JMM
Old Mosley
Maidana

Castillo and Cotto were good wins but Floyd didn't look great in either fight. De la Hoya was faded. Alvarez drained.

Hatton an average welter. Marquez ineffective at that weight (pre-conditioner). Mosley badly faded and Maidana? I scored the first fight for Marcos and the second fight sucked. Maidana is a decent fighter but you really are reaching if you think that's a great win.

For the sake of impartiality: Oscar and Mosley weren't great wins for Pacquiao either. And Pacquiao is a long way past his best. He's no longer a great fighter and both Floyd and Pacquiao looked poor in that fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm

You're a big fan of GGG.

Hows his resume compared to the above?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

AdamT wrote:You're a big fan of GGG.

Hows his resume compared to the above?

He hasn't managed to land a marquee opponent yet and so it doesn't. Hopefully the net's closing and he can start carving out an era of domination. He doesn't even merit consideration as one of the most accomplished boxers fighting right now due to quality of opposition. Damn shame. I feel it for the likes of Golovkin and Rigondeaux.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

GGG ain't getting younger mate. He could be getting slapped sometime soon.

Tyson looked invincible at a time as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:43 pm

In the context of being one of the best boxers in history, I dont think Mayweather has had a great win since Corrales. He never fought a really top fighter at their peak once he got to welterweight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:43 pm

AdamT wrote:GGG ain't getting younger mate. He could be getting slapped sometime soon.

Interesting Trussmanism there - don't let the mask slip.

So what if he loses? I couldn't care less. He's exciting, captivating and has the ability to be the greatest middleweight since the incomparable Hagler. That'll do for me.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 09 Aug 2015, 3:49 pm

catchweight wrote:In the context of being one of the best boxers in history, I dont think Mayweather has had a great win since Corrales. He never fought a really top fighter at their peak once he got to welterweight.

Agree with that. He's exposed the sheer lunacy of the modern game. Handicapped fighters with catchweights, forced fighters he suspected were doping into stringent testing and waited out fighters (Pacquiao in particular). He's also exposed the alphabet organisations' diminishing powers. Tremendously successful in terms of earnings but yeah, he's no Ray Leonard.

Saying that, Leonard only fought Duran because the WBA made him. He wanted Cuevas but was pushed into taking Duran. Thank God he wasn't around these days - they wouldn't have dared order him around.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun 09 Aug 2015, 6:04 pm

Mayweather for me is an acquired taste, greatly skilled but not a fighter that has ever excited me, won't be too bothered when he retires.

This defence against Berto is a shocker, Berto will be over the moon he's getting a pay day, with zero chance of winning, 12 round sparring session for Mayweather, more fool fans who pay to watch it.

Has Mayweather cherry picked opponents, not all the time, but like most fighters throughout history he's had his fair share of handpicked opponents, particularly in recent years.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm

He lacks those really great wins, fights and performances that would put him up there with the best of all time and his cynical approach to matchmaking has muddied the water on how much of his success has depended on the timing of his fights versus how good he really is - when you look past the whole Mayweather brand effect.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 7:49 pm

I agree Mayweather doesn't have the greatest record of all time, but it is still darn great by todays standard.

I have him top ten. I agree in recent years, he has been a bit calculated with his picks.

However he still has the likes of Cotto, Alveraz and Pacquiao on his record. Pacquiao might not be what he used to be, but then again is Floyd?

I ain't going to change anybody's opinion and I really am not trying to. I do respect peoples opinions but I do think Floyd will be rated were he belongs after he long retires.

He is the best all around boxer I have seen in my 20 plus years of watching boxing. Jones Jr and sweet pea are close. This is of course only active boxers. I am not old enough to remember Leonard,Duran etc.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Mon 10 Aug 2015, 2:12 am

hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:GGG ain't getting younger mate. He could be getting slapped sometime soon.

So what if he loses? I couldn't care less. He's exciting, captivating and has the ability to be the greatest middleweight since the incomparable Hagler. That'll do for me.

I'm not usually one to quote and argue with posters way more clued up than I am and who usually make a lot of sense but to discredit a boxer who actually has wins and dominated his weight class for over ten years and then finishing off with "the ability to be the greatest middle weight" to seal approval for another boxer is half way to madness, it's just as ridiculous as believing Santa is real. Amazing.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:30 am

dangerous_mouse wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

I'm not usually one to quote and argue with posters way more clued up than I am and who usually make a lot of sense but to discredit a boxer who actually has wins and dominated his weight class for over ten years and then finishing off with "the ability to be the greatest middle weight" to seal approval for another boxer is half way to madness, it's just as ridiculous as believing Santa is real. Amazing.

Mayweather hasn't dominated his weight class for over a decade. He only just clarified he was the best welterweight in the world after beating Pacquiao.

And I didn't claim Golovkin could be the greatest middleweight - just the best since Hagler (and a potentially great one at that). There's nothing outlandish about that statement. I've already said that Golovkin doesn't yet have a claim to greatness (unlike Floyd).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 8:37 am

Well he has fought better opponents in 5 weight classes, than GGG has managed in one.

I don't hate GGG. I think he is great to watch but lets be realistic. He isn't a young man and to be quite honest, he has done buck all really but dominate easy competition. He can't get a fight?

Last I heard Andre Ward wants to fight him. If Manny,Floyd,JMM, Hopkins,etc can jump 15+ pounds, I'm sure GGG can manage 8.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:36 am

Truss, why do you feel the need to bring GGG in to the argument to try and put a spin on your diabolical opinion? Some will give him a free pass because they're his biggest fanboys - the vast majority don't. And it's not his fault that neither Canelo or Cotto (or anyone else for that matter) seem to want to step in the ring with him.

Your argument is a pathetic attempt at deflecting the true issue here and that FMJs decision to fight Berto absolutely sucks. You're like a little whinging bitch with "oh but GGG blah blah blah can fight a patsy every other fight" - there are massive differences here:

1) Floyd is the biggest draw in the sport in terms of £ and viewing figures.

2) He's the #1 ranked P4P fighter on the planet

3) There are available challenges which he turned down.

Now, I'll spell it out for you as I have severe doubts whether you'll get it otherwise:

1) GGG isn't a draw yet, he's very much in the "could be big but needs a breakthrough fight" regarding becoming a mainstream draw. And it's not his fault Cotto or Canelo will fight him.

2) GGG is in the top 10 P4P'rs, but he's lightyears behind the #1

3) It's not his fault that Cotto is refusing to fight him and thus give him his breakthrough fight.

Get a life. Get a job.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 10 Aug 2015, 9:50 am

If you're throwing Alvarez's name into the argument then you can't ignore GGG's reluctance to move up, neither are relevant.

Mayweather can fight who he wants and I can decide to not watch, do I care either way? No there are far better fights to be had without his involvement.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:04 am

AdamT wrote:Well he has fought better opponents in 5 weight classes, than GGG has managed in one.

I don't hate GGG. I think he is great to watch but lets be realistic. He isn't a young man and to be quite honest, he has done buck all really but dominate easy competition. He can't get a fight?

Last I heard Andre Ward wants to fight him. If Manny,Floyd,JMM, Hopkins,etc can jump 15+ pounds, I'm sure GGG can manage 8.

Would you be happy with GGG vs Ward at 164 lbs?

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:17 am

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:
AdamT wrote:Well he has fought better opponents in 5 weight classes, than GGG has managed in one.

Would you be happy with GGG vs Ward at 164 lbs?

No because it is only one division up. If GGG had of started as a Welter then yes, then he could fight him at catchweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:24 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If you're throwing Alvarez's name into the argument then you can't ignore GGG's reluctance to move up, neither are relevant.

Mayweather can fight who he wants and I can decide to not watch, do I care either way? No there are far better fights to be had without his involvement.

HH I fully agree with there being better fights, I for one won't be watching this drivel. It has merely irked me that some think it fine that FMJ fights Berto "Because others do the same".

Ok, taking Canelo outside of it there is still a pretty good reason for him staying @ 160 and "hope" that Cotto finally grows a pair of balls and drops his diva attitude. Of all the fights between 160-168 the Cotto fights makes the most sense from a business perspective and us as the fans get a proper humdinger of a scrap to look forwards to.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next