The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Berto

+24
Guest82
Scottrf
Mayweathers cellmate
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
Derbymanc
Coxy001
superflyweight
dangerous_mouse
Gentleman01
RanjitPatel
Lance
Rowley
Atila
AdamT
tommyhearnsprodigalson
ONETWOFOREVER
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
wheelchair1991
ShahenshahG
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
hazharrison
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather vs Berto - Page 2 Empty Mayweather vs Berto

Post by hazharrison Thu 16 Jul 2015, 5:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khan is currently on suicide watch....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Berto - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather vs Berto

Post by Scottrf Thu 16 Jul 2015, 10:15 pm

Leave it on the wrassling boards lads.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 16 Jul 2015, 10:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:Leave it on the wrassling boards lads.

The reason the card was good, was the lack of wrassling for a change!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 16 Jul 2015, 10:19 pm

dangerous_mouse wrote:Wondering who most 606ers would prefer mayweather fought!

Im gonna guess Khan. It is interesting tho how Khan continues to under perform with b level fighters yet that's always forgotten just a few weeks after every one of his fights and then somehow he makes it back into the "khan troubles/only 147er who can beat the p4p No.1" boat.

Unbelievable.

Personally have no issues with mayweather going out with a somewhat easier fight, his last fight he shut out a guy half the planet felt would kick his ass for ages. What else must he do to satisfy the boxing fans?

Khan's best win is what - Maidana? He's lost to Garcia, Peterson & Prescott. It's laughable to think that he troubles the best boxer of the generation. Great PR work from Khan to have everyone convinced he's the toughest fight out there. "But he's fast, he can outbox Floyd, Floyd struggles with speeed"

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 16 Jul 2015, 10:31 pm

I would love to see Mayweather fight Brook. I think that would send Khan to the grave.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 16 Jul 2015, 10:32 pm

Guest82 wrote:

Im gonna guess Khan. It is interesting tho how Khan continues to under perform with b level fighters yet that's always forgotten just a few weeks after every one of his fights and then somehow he makes it back into the "khan troubles/only 147er who can beat the p4p No.1" boat.

Unbelievable.

Personally have no issues with mayweather going out with a somewhat easier fight, his last fight he shut out a guy half the planet felt would kick his ass for ages. What else must he do to satisfy the boxing fans?

Khan's best win is what - Maidana?  He's lost to Garcia, Peterson & Prescott.  It's laughable to think that he troubles the best boxer of the generation.  Great PR work from Khan to have everyone convinced he's the toughest fight out there.  "But he's fast, he can outbox Floyd, Floyd struggles with speeed"

Khan would almost certainly provide a bigger test than Berto - who's pretty average but that isn't the point here. This is Floyd seeing out his contract, giving a bit back to the fans after the Pacquiao debacle by fighting on CBS (if that comes off) while providing a Haymon favourite with a big fat payday.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 16 Jul 2015, 11:09 pm

Agreed. Would love to see Mayweather fight Brook...Khans response would be funny.

Of course Khan is a bigger threat than Berto. But if it is Berto and Floyd is fighting on CBS to help Haymon or 'give something back to the fans' then fair enough.

I don't think it will be Berto though. Think it might be someone reasonable - perhaps even Khan.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 16 Jul 2015, 11:33 pm

Guest82 wrote:Agreed. Would love to see Mayweather fight Brook...Khans response would be funny.

Of course Khan is a bigger threat than Berto.  But if it is Berto and Floyd is fighting on CBS to help Haymon or 'give something back to the fans' then fair enough.  

I don't think it will be Berto though.  Think it might be someone reasonable - perhaps even Khan.

Yeah, they've floated opponents before only to change tack. At this stage, it barely matters. Dull UD and then off into the sunset.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Fri 17 Jul 2015, 4:53 am

RanjitPatel wrote:

Unbelievable.

Everyone at 147 and 154 wanted that fight and he's picked Berto. Berto was stopped by Soto Karass a couple of fights ago. He's stopped Lopez but him Lopez and Soto Karrass are all the same level. In between b and c. It's rubbish.

Having a pop at Khan saying he hasn't done enough when Floyd's given the fight to Berto who hasn't done anything is beyond me.

I'd have liked Brook to get it or Bradley, the two most deserving.

Not sure I was having a pop at khan. Berto and khan are on the same level, both have not been performing at the top level and both are b level fighters. Both struggled and lost against fighters they probably shouldn't have. As Mayweather wants to go out with an easy fight I wouldn't mind Berto or Khan.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:06 pm

Its a decent fight - Mayweather has opened as a 1/80 favourite. Do agree with Truss the sooner the obnoxious little odious creature disappears the better - bored of all the garbage antics he brings to the game.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm

I am one of Floyds main nut hangers on here, as you all well know, but this fight is a farce.

I will still probably watch, but it will be the next day. Certainly not a fight to sit up in the early hours and watch live.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:22 pm

Would have much preferred Brook, Bradley, Porter or Thurman in roughly that order.

Have never liked Floyd's approach to matchmaking, always weasels and/or needs to gain some sort of psychological advantage over a prospected opponent.

Can see the argument put forward why some rate Hopkins higher, that Bernard has taken on far greater challenges and he takes them on when they're at the top of their game too.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:26 pm

dangerous_mouse wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:

Unbelievable.

Everyone at 147 and 154 wanted that fight and he's picked Berto. Berto was stopped by Soto Karass a couple of fights ago. He's stopped Lopez but him Lopez and Soto Karrass are all the same level. In between b and c. It's rubbish.

Having a pop at Khan saying he hasn't done enough when Floyd's given the fight to Berto who hasn't done anything is beyond me.

I'd have liked Brook to get it or Bradley, the two most deserving.

Not sure I was having a pop at khan. Berto and khan are on the same level, both have not been performing at the top level and both are b level fighters. Both struggled and lost against fighters they probably shouldn't have. As Mayweather wants to go out with an easy fight I wouldn't mind Berto or Khan.

Same level?? Deary me Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 4:23 am

He will not fight Khan because if his reach and speed, and he will not risk anything like Thurman or Brook, I would have thought he might have gone for Garcia with his poor showings, to get his 50/0 but Burto? , I would not even bother to watch the build up let alone the fight..

Great fighters should loose, as when you are great you should pit your self against the best , how you earn your big cash... Maybe there is no one about to beat him, but I can think of a few fights that would at least create interest, But they wont happen as there would also be a risk element...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 7:18 pm

I think Floyd should take Thurman, perfect Floyd oppo. Lots of hype, lots of threat, 'genuine' at the weight, but he's had a shakey enough recent performance to suggest he isn't actually all that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Canelo-eqsue masterclass if he did.

Strong way to go out......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 7:23 pm

Thurman will be all hype if he beats him....

Like Alvarez was with certain posters....

Lara and Kirkland have proved he isn't that bad..

Mayweather is stuck where he is whoever he fights.....

I'd prefer him to retire now.......Let Boxing move on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 7:57 pm

Not saying he is/was a hype job. Just that he's not ahead of the rest of the chasing pack like he's perceived to be by some and is a genuine threat but one manageable by somebody with Floyd's class & quality.

Whereas Berto is an indefensible joke and only a pathetic ignorant childish Flomo WUM would every try and defend it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 8:03 pm

I don't want to watch Floyd v Berto....Heaven forbid !!

My point is that he got no credit for Manny.....and people like you were on here the day after Alvarez belittling the win....

There are respected posters who feel the same way unfortunately..

What is the point of him risking his "0" when he'll get no credit for beating a star ??

I'd prefer he retired..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm

I said Floyd's win over Alvarez was a masterclass. Those were my actual words. Masterclass. Sound be-littling to you??!

Alvarez still got criticism though, including from me, and deservedly so, but like some boxers' wins over Hoppo - I suspect the Alvarez victory will look better over time and in 20-30 years some may even be regarding as one of Floyd's best (alongside Pac, Corrales and Castillio, for my money).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 21 Jul 2015, 4:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Not saying he is/was a hype job.  Just that he's not ahead of the rest of the chasing pack like he's perceived to be by some and is a genuine threat but one manageable by somebody with Floyd's class & quality.

Whereas Berto is an indefensible joke and only a pathetic ignorant childish Flomo WUM would every try and defend it.

It's defensible by simply saying I couldn't give a crap who Mayweather fights in his final fight, after finally beating Pacquiao it was always going to be an inconsequential fight that nobody really cares about. Not sure why you'd get your knickers in such a twist about it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:01 am

Apparently its confirmed on TMZ mayweather vs berto, also its not PPV, what I make of that is may-pac 2 on PPV as last fight, why else would mayweather be saving his last owed PPV fight to Showtime?

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Jul 2015, 6:58 pm

Disgrace of a fight

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:07 pm

Well he picked Maidana over Khan despite Khan getting the fans vote and after waiting 5 years for pacman to slow down I can hardly see him fighting the fastest fighter in Khan, So looks like Burto it is. Let's have Floyd retire and have the best fight the Best. Maybe Therman will be the man, hope so, as he has the spirit..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:31 pm

The only way I can defend this fight, is if Mayweather had a huge one coming for May.

There is no one left that is huge now around welter. I guess he will wait and face the Cotto and Canelo winner for fight 50.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:44 pm

shocking fight, not surprised. berto is nothing, still remember him losing to victor ortiz & i think robert guererro even beat him. awful stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:47 pm

LiamB wrote:shocking fight, not surprised. berto is nothing, still remember him losing to victor ortiz & i think robert guererro even beat him. awful stuff

I don't get it. I'm a big fan of Floyd as a boxer, but I don't see the point in this glorified sparring session.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

To be fair, for a division so deep with good fighters, nobody is fighting anyone. Look what it took to get Mayweather and Pacquiao in the same ring, and that made them millions!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2