The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

+37
owen10ozzy
hornbloweroafc
monty junior
Roller_Coaster
LastDamnation
Scott is Back
Geordie
westisbest
President Trump
Marky
GSC
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Liam
BamBam
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
MIG
Lowlandbrit
lfc91
Duty281
hampo17
NickisBHAFC
wheelchair1991
compelling and rich
Holymiky
kingraf
Ent
Hero
Jermaine2015
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
Azzy
Mat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Nakatomi Plaza
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
41 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 2 Empty Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Jul 2015, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Haha I dont worry, if hes any good he'll be gone in a season and if hes not he'll throw a strop when you're 16th and Steve has lost the plot.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Nico the gman Sat 11 Jul 2015, 12:09 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:As well as Depay don't forget.

It's easy to dismiss Schweinsteiger as a signing but £14mil to us is nothing in the current market so worth the risk for potentially two good seasons.
Schweinsteiger would be a brilliant signing for Man U, skilful box to box midfielder who never shirks a tackle, BBC text is saying £5.75m and £7.2 a year wages.

Schweinsteiger is a winner he will make a huge impact in the Premier IMO.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jul 2015, 1:32 pm

some nonsense spouted on here. ballack was streets ahead of bastian? dont get me wrong ballack was a good player but bastian has already out achieved him for the national side and his club side

if someone like athetico was signing him everybody would be harping on about what a great signing it is, but because its united certain people just have to have a dig.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:12 pm

Downing £5m is on. £1m bonus to West Ham if Boro go up. 5 year contract on the same wages he was on for us. Gibson obviously desperate to go back up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:23 pm

Both Utd and Bayern have now made it official over the Schweinsteiger deal subject to personal terms and medical.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:some nonsense spouted on here. ballack was streets ahead of bastian? dont get me wrong ballack was a good player but bastian has already out achieved him for the national side and his club side

if someone like athetico was signing him everybody would be harping on about what a great signing it is, but because its united certain people just have to have a dig.

Agree with a lot of this. Whenever a foreign side signs a player, it seems to get universally praised on here, but when United, and to be fair Liverpool, make a signing, it always brings about a lot of skepticism.

Doyou think United are serious contenders with these signings?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:49 pm

Defence is still a shambles & Darmian is a ? for me. Schweinsteiger is a quality player, but even for him the PL will be tough, especially given he's now 31 years of age. Depay should add instant pace & quality, although not sure about him playing primarily up front. I don't think these signings put United anywhere near Chelsea or a resurgent City.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:54 pm

I'd go along with that John, apart from the City part. As it stands they've got some work to do. Aguero missing the opening weeks might be a problem for them. I think as it stands, United will be closer, but not close enough.

Last edited by Nakatomi Plaza on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

Looks like Behrami to Watford been done.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm

Schweinsteiger has been made an example of by Guardiola nothing more than that, he's still a quality player and should take a lot of the burden off of Carrick.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 11 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Looks like Behrami to Watford been done.

I must admit that i read it wrong at first on the Sky Transfer Centre, for a second i thought it said Brahimi but obviously it's Behrami.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:12 pm

city have to be careful, likes of yaya has no interest anymore and there's a lot of pressure on a injury prone aguero, especially considering he's just come of the copa america. not convinced in there transfer activity either so far, even if they get sterling i dont see that they've strengthened that much. ask many city fans and nasri has been playing well for them for the last two seasons

arsenal have made a great signing in cech and will make top 4 like they always do, and we look like were going in much stronger, especially if signings like di maria can settle in never mind the newer recruits.

chelsea are still favourites, but we should definitely be in the mix and challenging. i think a reasonable expectation would be for us to come second. min requirement top four

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

Disagree with the Arsenal part, but you'd expect that from me! We looked tactically more robust in the second half of last season. The likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere and Walcott should play a bigger part this season.

Like you though, we're at least two signings away from being serious challenges. I think both clubs need another centre forward. Arsenal need a Defensive centre midfielder to challenge Coquelin, and United need a top class centre half.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:24 pm

If Di Maria can re-discover his form then that will be like a new signing in itself

Happy with the deal for Schweinsteiger, will take a lot of pressure off of Carrick. Still think we're a few signings away from a title win, could probably keep a title run certainly more interesting though.

Don't know much about this Italian lad but a right back at right back is an immediate upgrade from Valencia. Would still like to see us go after Schneiderlin as well, but we need a centre half and with RVP off and no more Falcao we need a striker as well. Rooney blows hot and cold far too often, and we would need an alternative for when he has his no scoring patch

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm

if i were a arsenal fan my main concern would be mertesacker, just far too slow. everytime any one with a bit of pace goes at him he look terrified. puts koscienly (someone who i rate) under a lot of pressure covering for him

the other issue that stops them from being real title contenders would be the balance in midfield, its all too attacking. add the full backs to that aswell. arsenal looks much better with coquelin in the team helping out, i dont actually think he all that great he just does the job that arsenal really need. arsenal are great against the smaller sides when its all going there way but the lack of defensive balance becomes apparent when you play the bigger sides and cant have it your own way, record against the top sides hasnt been great in recent years.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 11 Jul 2015, 3:48 pm

Good signing that, pleased with window now we have the finger out.

3 guaranteed starters coming in- whereas last year we spent a lot on players in non essential areas.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:06 pm

Looks like Delph isn't going anywhere, he just said it himself.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:08 pm

compelling and rich wrote:if i were a arsenal fan my main concern would be mertesacker, just far too slow.  everytime any one with a bit of pace goes at him he look terrified. puts koscienly (someone who i rate) under a lot of pressure covering for him

the other issue that stops them from being real title contenders would be the balance in midfield, its all too attacking. add the full backs to that aswell. arsenal looks much better with coquelin in the team helping out, i dont actually think he all that great he just does the job that arsenal really need. arsenal are great against the smaller sides when its all going there way but the lack of defensive balance becomes apparent when you play the bigger sides and cant have it your own way, record against the top sides hasnt been great in recent years.

Mertesacker's lack of pace isn't that much of an issue when Arsenal play deeper. I don't recall him getting exposed too often last season. He gets beaten in the air too often for my liking though.

The balance of the team has been much better since Cazorla's taken the deep lying playmaker role. He's tactically more astute than Ramsey and Wilshere. I think Hodgson has done Arsenal a massive favour playing Wilshere as the 'Quarterback' for England, as he's had to be more restrained. Hopefully Wenger won't indulge him as much if he has to do a job in the middle of the park. Coquelin had a great run of form. I don't usually like to use stats, but only him, Matic, Schneiderlin and Jedinak averaged more than three tackles a match last season. This maybe shows a lack of real quality defensive central midfielders in the league.

The last half of the season showed the improvements made against the big sides. Out of the top six, only Spurs scored more than one against us within this period, so it seems the penny has finally dropped on that front.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

Yeah, Delph has decided to stay at Villa. Micah Richards must of warned him what to expect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm

Good to see some loyalty, although you imagine he will regret this in a few years time. Yes, he will get regular playing time, but rejecting the chance to earn more & actually win trophies & challenge himself on the highest level & experience that, is surely something he will regret. Personally think he's a level above the limited Fernando & Fernandinho, so not sure why he wouldn't back himself to force his way into that first team, I mean even Yaya won't be around too much longer.

Great for Villa though.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

He might have been put off by Scott Sinclair

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:41 pm

Great decision by Delph. Hopefully more English players do the same.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm

Is it a great decision? That's the question though & say for example he was put off by Scott Sinclair, is that a good thing? Sinclair is average, he'd only have negative things to say, not all English players fail at City, if you're good enough, then you can succeed, don't be put off because some average player before you failed. If everyone English player followed suit, we'd have no young players applying their trade at the top level & just happy to play for mid table sides. Do you see my point?

If Delph has been out off by the challenge of Fernando & Fernandinho, then that is quite shocking & extremely sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 11 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm

Delph reportedly says no to City. Good day for Man United fans. Schweini a yes on the day Delph says no to your neighbours. Wonder if Carrick could get more games at centre back? Until United buy another striker and a centre back I don't think I can take a title challenge seriously. Although I could accept Depay and Hernandez as back up.

Think Behrami is an incredible signing for Watford.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 11 Jul 2015, 5:11 pm

Still only 1 year on Delphs deal? Will Prob leave next season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 5:39 pm

Delph has 4 years left, signed an extension in Jan just gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 11 Jul 2015, 6:06 pm

Fair play to him then.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 6:53 pm

I actually think Delph would of succeeded at City, but this craze about English talent only getting on the bench at that club & it ruining players careers, appears to have won out. Delph > Fernandinho & Fernando, simple as, so it actually is bewildering why he hasn't jumped  at the chance to play for City. It's not like his loyalty is like Gerrard at Liverpool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 11 Jul 2015, 7:33 pm

I 100% think Delph has made the right decision. I wouldnt want to sign for City at the moment as an English player, you can see them scratching around for quota fillers and that isnt a situation that makes you feel valuable as an asset. One year to Euro 2016, already in the squad and well liked, not worth risking it by going somewhere and not playing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm

I said Ballack was streets ahead of Schweini. I maintain that. Schweinsteiger winning a world cup and Ballack not is hardly the full picture. He shared the midfield with Lahm, Kedira, and Kroos. Ballack shared a midfield with, uh... Frings. Ballack was in the Team of the tournament for Euro '04 & '08, as well as the '02 and '06 world cup. Modern day great Ballack, and saying Schweinsteiger isn't in his class is hardly an insult.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:17 pm

Ballack in & around 02' was sensational, had much more to his game than Bastian. Ballack basically ran the WC in 02', only to be suspended at the end, he had the most assists during that WC too. German footballer of the year three times, whereas Bastian has only won it once. I think Ballack impacted the game a hell of a lot more offensively & individually than Bastian, who has always been a part of great sides domestically & internationally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm

Casillas to Porto pretty much confirmed.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 9:54 pm

Holymiky wrote:Casillas to Porto pretty much confirmed.

A fantastic goalkeeper & great servant to Real Madrid, although his reputation has taken a severe hit during his decline & last few years at the club. He won 18 trophies during his time at the Bernabeu, including five La Liga titles & three Champions League titles.

You imagine that the David De Gea deal has been done behind the scenes, in preparation for Iker's departure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 11 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

I reckon Ballack's peak might have been slightly over Bastian but I don't think he was a better player over his whole career. I think Bastian is more talented all round.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 12 Jul 2015, 9:30 am

With Depay, Darmian and Schweinsteiger as the confirmed signings and with Otamendi and Schneiderlin still looking as the most likely others to come in does everyone think that's Utd done transfer wise?
I can still see a surprise big name added late to that myself, haven't the foggiest who but could see it being Cavani/Benzema level.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 10:43 am

Man u ned a striker Higuein is rumoured

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:04 pm

Larrivey not signing now - was actually at carrow road and passed a medical on Friday, but we've pulled out at the last minute. Suggests to me we've another iron in the fire...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:17 pm

with Casillas gone, it will be interesting to see whether Perez dares sell Ramos. Life at the Bernebeau is complex. Ramos is rather popular, and possibly the last guaranteed Spanish regular in the squad (de Gea will possibly double this number). With elections up in two years, I think Perez will decide against completing the purge of Spanish players from the team.

In other news, reports suggest Ibrahimovic may once again become a Milanello
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:34 pm

Blanc has said Ibra is not moving.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm

Olly wrote:Larrivey not signing now - was actually at carrow road and passed a medical on Friday, but we've pulled out at the last minute. Suggests to me we've another iron in the fire...

Suggests to me that bringing him to Carrow Road was the issue
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:53 pm

Hero wrote:With Depay, Darmian and Schweinsteiger as the confirmed signings and with Otamendi and Schneiderlin still looking as the most likely others to come in does everyone think that's Utd done transfer wise?
I can still see a surprise big name added late to that myself, haven't the foggiest who but could see it being Cavani/Benzema level.

The five of them if they come off would be approximately £100mil leaving us a big big amount left to spend on a top class striker; Nani, Van Persie, Cleverly, Evans, Rafael and Hernandez the most likely to leave would leave us with the same wage budget too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:09 pm

We've accepted a bid of £49m for Sterling, ludricous money really.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:13 pm

Liverpool haven't been this lucky since Gerrard retired!

City, a club with no clear direction, consistency or hope, are letting their desperation shine through.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

Talk about paying a premium for English talent, added at least 50% to his value and for a player who has had one good season that is ridiculous money, fair play to Liverpool for squeezing every ounce they could out of City.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:27 pm

Ridiculous transfer. Just ridiculous.

Should be getting one of the best players in the world for that money.

Not someone who's had a good 6 months.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:41 pm

They've obviously massively over paid but think Sterling will flourish at city personally
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm

Well in an ideal world he would want to stay at Liverpool and we would keep him, because I think he will eventually be a great player. However if he wants to go (which he does) then this deal is incredible. Finances all our deals so far which will hopefully mean another 3/4 players coming in.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:54 pm

David Luiz went for £50m, Sterling is a better player than Luiz, with more potential, so fee is acceptable.

I don't believe anything I just said, ridiculous fee for a complete tool, who runs like a girl & can't actually hit a ball properly. Good luck City. Aguero cost £25m less lolz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:55 pm

lfc91 wrote:Well in an ideal world he would want to stay at Liverpool and we would keep him, because I think he will eventually be a great player. However if he wants to go (which he does) then this deal is incredible. Finances all our deals so far which will hopefully mean another 3/4 players coming in.

Just have to make sure you go for quality rather than quantity, having largely squandered the Suarez money it's vitally important not to mess up like that again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:58 pm

Imagine putting runs like a girl as a piece of analysis

Anyways - chance for Liverpool to buy Dusan Tadic for 27m now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm

Well up until now Rodgers has definatley been more miss than hit with his transfers (well the 'transfer committee' has). So it is a real concern that he will once again waste all the money with little to show!

However I'm quite pleased with the signings so far this window so hopefully it is a sign that things are changing for the better in regards to his transfers.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next