The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

+40
Scott is Back
whocares
Marky
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Adam D
Nay
Geordie
Mat
Roller_Coaster
Azzy
monty junior
nadeem2099
JDizzle
dancingweeman
hampo17
88Chris05
Liam
lfc91
LivinginItaly
wheelchair1991
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Wellington
westisbest
NickisBHAFC
Lowlandbrit
Duty281
Holymiky
Jermaine2015
Nico the gman
Hero
compelling and rich
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Ent
kingraf
Fernando
Nakatomi Plaza
Hammersmith harrier
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
44 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 Empty Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Crimey Tue 26 May - 16:57

Now the season is over, the rumours begin!

Milner/Ings to Liverpool seems likely.
Benitez to Real Madrid, Bale staying.
Falcao is desperate to move to Chelsea.
Otamendi and Dani Alves to Manchester United.
Raheem Sterling to Arsenal

What else?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 26 May - 17:26

Benzema to United.
Vidal to Arsenal.
Defoe to Bournemouth.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16

Post by Guest Tue 26 May - 18:06

Charlie Austin or Aleksandar Mitrovic to Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 26 May - 18:14

Vidal to Arsenal would be potentially title winning, having him linking up with Sanchez and adding steel in midfield would be big, can't see it happening though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 26 May - 18:16

One confirmed piece of business is Artur Boruc has joined Bournemouth on a permanent deal from Southampton.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 26 May - 18:24

More Bournemouth. Rumours are they will battle Spurs for Kieran Trippier. Trippier is reported to have a £3.5 million release clause.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May - 18:39

Man City have 40% sell on clause on Trippier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May - 19:18

Surprised City don't sell Sagna & just get Trippier back as cover for Zabaleta, it's good for the qouta too.

Since we've released some players can see Jedinak being target now, along with James Chester & possibly Antonio from Forest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 26 May - 19:24

I suppose Sagna being on a large wedge, and being on the wrong side of 30 would put off a lot of buyers. I suspect City don't want to be in the same position as they were with Adebayor where they'd have to subside a portion of his wages.

Speaking of Burnley, what players of there's do people think will be snapped up by Premier League sides? Ings and Trippier look certainties, but I reckon Heaton, Mee, Shackell and Arfield will have suitors as well.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May - 21:02

Juventus look set to sign Sami Khedira

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 May - 21:08

Vidal out & Khedira in would make sense at Juventus not sure it's an upgrade though.

Dwight Gayle/Rickie Lambert has been linked to Bournemouth too.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 26 May - 21:32

It's a massive downgrade Nando.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 1:02

Whilst I think Benteke the player is an absolutely perfect fit for Liverpool and a great idea, Benteke's fitness record would worry me as a manager if my other main striker was Daniel "Dances when Hurt" Sturridge.

Berahino would be the man I'd turn to as Liverpool manager. If he's got a lot of money then you get both and if by chance all three are ever fit at once then you have the perfect chance to keep one or two rested when needed.

Liverpool could be really smart with Sterling and try get the likes of Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Walcott, Hernandez, Rafael, Valdes, Evans etc in part of any deal with a domestic side.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 27 May - 1:17

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Liverpool could be really smart with Sterling and try get the likes of Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Walcott, Hernandez, Rafael, Valdes, Evans etc in part of any deal with a domestic side.

I'd be happy with that, the Manchester clubs can share Sterling then in exchange for that lot? Arsenal can use him for big games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 1:52

You little swine, but knowing Rodgers he'd get Diaby, Blackett, Boyata and Richard Wright.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 27 May - 2:07

Of those people, I'd only really be interested in Walcott to be honest. I'm not sure any of the others offer a big enough improvement. 

Dzeko and Jovetic would obviously give good depth in the striker department, but the latter is injury prone, the former is too inconsistent and would likely be on very high wages.

Navas is far too one-dimensional, older and hasn't really shown great form at Manchester City.

I'm not sure Javier Hernandez offers enough in general build up play to fit the system.

I don't really rate Rafael and not sure he's actually that big of an improvement on Johnson but Manchester United will rate him highly.

Valdes is okay, but old and wages high as well as the fact that Mignolet has actually been really good since he returned to the side.

Evans is definitely not an improvement on Skrtel or Sakho. 

I also do not want to see the club ever sell a player to Manchester United, especially not the player marked out as the future of the club. That would be an extremely stupid decision for the club and for Sterling, he'd be eaten alive by fans.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 27 May - 7:04

Emery to West Ham? Pity if it happens. Has built a fortress in Séville. Until match day 25ish they were still within a two game swing from the top of the table. Breaking top four in La Liga would be hard now that Valencia have a high rolling backer, mind you. Haven't paid attention to the latest on the la Liga TV deal, but if it's still set to give the peasants more bread, then it might be worth one or two more seasons
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May - 9:07

Spurs are bidding £12m for Ings, according to Sky sources. Not worth that, won't fire them to the top 4 & how much does that make Austin worth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 27 May - 9:52

New tv deal etc, markets going to inflate again.

Given the value of promotion you could argue that undervalues ings (in Burnleys eyes).

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 May - 9:57

kingraf wrote:Emery to West Ham? Pity if it happens. Has built a fortress in Séville. Until match day 25ish they were still within a two game swing from the top of the table. Breaking top four in La Liga would be hard now that Valencia have a high rolling backer, mind you. Haven't paid attention to the latest on the la Liga TV deal, but if it's still set to give the peasants more bread, then it might be worth one or two more seasons

Unai would be a great manager for West Ham, I saw in a paper the other week that he was looking for jobs in England but got rejected by Sunderland & West Ham so wouldn't read too much into it. Sad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 May - 11:38

LiamB wrote:Spurs are bidding £12m for Ings, according to Sky sources. Not worth that, won't fire them to the top 4 & how much does that make Austin worth?

Especially when you can get him on 01/07/2015 for basically fook all.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 May - 11:44

Nodge looking to sign some Swedish defender
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 May - 12:07

Who cares?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 May - 12:29

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Who cares?

Summer Transfer Window Thread 15/16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRJt6Qs_VCuHNpmVYBZ7mF4Nc9miseEc0jhuPeOImXzTT-tGa96w

In actual news we've released Javi Garrido and will sign Graham Dorrans for £3m
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 27 May - 12:38

John wrote:Juventus look set to sign Sami Khedira

Some say you could hear Khediras agent mentally formulate a transfer request the moment we had a champions league semi final with an injury crisis and Ramos played in midfield
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 13:30

Emery is definitely in contention, but AC Milan seem favourites

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 13:45

The boy Tancredi on Twitter is rather convinced United will sign Gaits , Otamendi and Higuain

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 May - 13:50

The better question is who we won't be signing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 27 May - 13:53

Higuain would be an interesting signing. Bit of a Ruud van type of striker. If di Maria gets back into it, you'd think he'd get plenty to feast on with di Maria and Rooney feeding him.

Adds absolutely nothing else mind you, so it's a balance question.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 May - 15:24

Bournemouth have signed Adam Federici from Reading & expected to take Christian Atsu on loan from Chelsea.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May - 16:10

Qpr release Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Bobby Zamora & Shaun Wright Phillips. Imagine the queue to sign this lot is very short.

Qpr signing Luongo & Gladwin from Swindon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 17:30

Bottom 7 downwards should look at Zamora if his wages are reasonable. Pardew and Pulis would both love him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 May - 18:06

Can someone explain the logic behind the rumour that Tottenham are bidding £12mil for a player they can sign for nothing?

Yes it technically won't be nothing but the compensation would be about 10% of that going from previous cases, £1.5mil is about as high as it ever gets.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 27 May - 18:29

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Can someone explain the logic behind the rumour that Tottenham are bidding £12mil for a player they can sign for nothing?

Yes it technically won't be nothing but the compensation would be about 10% of that going from previous cases, £1.5mil is about as high as it ever gets.

Apparently the compensation fee would eventually get up to £5 million, not sure where you've got £1.5 million. Sturridge for example, cost Chelsea an initial £3.5 million, with another £3 million based on appearances. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/14/daniel-sturridge-chelsea-manchester-city1

Also it's apparently to trump Liverpool to the signing, knowing Liverpool won't go for him at that price and are just waiting for him to be available on the free. Burnley will accept Tottenham's offer and then maybe Ings can be persuaded to join Tottenham, especially if they've shown the desire Liverpool haven't by bidding that amount.

It is stupid that they have bid £7 million over what they are expected to pay though, surely would have only needed to bid a little bit over the compensatory deal to make it worth it for Burnley to accept.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 27 May - 19:37

think we do need a new striker, all of ours and been rubbish for most of the season and i include rooney in that (worse goal scoring season since he played for everton). rvp doesn't look interested and the less said about falcao the better. although would prefer someone bit younger than higuain who's been playing in a pretty poor italian league for a while now

think smalling has stepped up in the latter part of our season, if he can continue that form then i have no problems with him being a starter at cb. also been impressed with rojo the majority of times he's played especially considering its his first season, so i dont see the "we must get top cb" brigade. jones and evans been poor form recently but both have shown they can perform well in the past and there not exactly the worst back up cb's in the league, id like to know who's got better ones. when we ditched the 3 at the back we were a lot stronger in defence. id rather throw big money at a central midfielder than a cb

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 19:42

If you can get a class one then get one, that would be my mantra considering how few are about.

Bit harsh on Rooney considering he's been a midfielder. But United fans being harsh on Rooney is a must at all times.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 19:44

Least Balotelli's agent has said Mario is staying at Liverpool. Crimey will be relieved

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 May - 19:49

Dorrans confirmed on a 2 year deal - resident WBA fans what do you think of him? I was impressed whilst he was on loan here

Javi Garrido, Carlos Cuellar, Mark Bunn and Luciano Becchio all released.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 27 May - 19:51

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:If you can get a class one then get one, that would be my mantra considering how few are about.

Bit harsh on Rooney considering he's been a midfielder. But United fans being harsh on Rooney is a must at all times.

dont think most are, i know i am. but i watch him every week and don't see why we should be paying him 350,000 a week

i know his stats will be down from playing in midfield, something he didnt do very well. but considering we get told he's our best player and now captain why the hell have the likes of young and fellaini outplayed him this season let alone de gea, herrera, carrick (when he was fit). he was no where in any of the polls for our best player

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 27 May - 19:59

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Least Balotelli's agent has said Mario is staying at Liverpool. Crimey will be relieved

Can I be there when you give him the good news?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 27 May - 20:04

Rudy Gestede heading to Watford for 5m

Don't really get it with their amount of forwards

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 27 May - 20:08

I do hope these Gaitan rumours are a load of old rubbish, he's precisely the kind of player we do not need, I fully expect to see us close to signing Garay and Sneijder before the end of this window.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 27 May - 20:09

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Least Balotelli's agent has said Mario is staying at Liverpool. Crimey will be relieved

It is absolutely depressing that he ever came to the club, never mind staying beyond this season. He was god awful, I have never disliked a player more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 27 May - 21:18

just watching the uefa final, surely bacca's worth a punt. looked decent everytime ive seen him. knows where the back of the net is and quick to boot

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May - 21:24

Olly wrote:Dorrans confirmed on a 2 year deal - resident WBA fans what do you think of him? I was impressed whilst he was on loan here

He was brilliant for us in the championship, then we got promoted & he was useless. His level is the championship, I'm afraid.

As for Bacca, he's such a natural goalscorer, surprised nobody has taken him. I see Luiz Adriano is also a free agent after leaving Shakhtar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 27 May - 21:48

LiamB wrote:Qpr release Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Bobby Zamora & Shaun Wright Phillips. Imagine the queue to sign this lot is very short.

QPR are in for Jay Emmanuel Thomas as well following his release from Bristol City. Talented but extremely inconsistent.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 May - 22:00

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
LiamB wrote:Qpr release Richard Dunne, Joey Barton, Bobby Zamora & Shaun Wright Phillips. Imagine the queue to sign this lot is very short.

QPR are in for Jay Emmanuel Thomas as well following his release from Bristol City. Talented but extremely inconsistent.

Outscored by the mighty Wilbrahamovic last season too. Not sure about these QPR signings - they smell a bit like Cardiff's recruitment under Slade. League 1 players who really don't have much more room for improvement and aren't good enough for a team wanting to be promoted
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 27 May - 22:23

I'm guessing the main attraction for QPR is these players will be relatively cheap. If they get hammered for breaking Football League FFP rules, then consolidation will be their best bet for next season.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 May - 23:11

I reckon Dorrans is a decent signing for a newly promoted side.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 28 May - 8:25

Think we need a centre half, but only if quality is available.

Smalling has improved and can start along side a top defender. Jones is appalling, Evans can't play unless he is beside a top defender, Rojo is very rash and injury prone - not impressed with him.

Rooney is very lucky in truth, we've never won anything with him as our main goal threat and he was appalling this season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next