The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Manc H/W champ

+2
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

The Manc H/W champ Empty The Manc H/W champ

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:51 pm

So it looks as tho Mr Fury can potentially become the next H/W champion of the world should he beat Wlad in Germany.

How do boxing fans feel about this?

Love him or hate him with Wlad we have had a true gent of a champion. Never 1 to bash his opponants or insult them Wlad has proven to be very dedicated to his sport and has carried himself in a way that the old champions used to carry themselves. Not a hint of controversy attached to him in his immpecable 8 year reign.

but should he lose then we will be stuck with the opposite. A brash, foul mouthed fighter who is related to controversy. Fury has exibited some very nasty antics in his career so far. He will turn the air blue at any opportunity and seems to have no shame but is this good for boxing?

For years we have lamented how boring Wlad is as a fighter and a man and we all harken back to the more colourful types like Ali or Tyson who may not have been everyones cup of tea but kept us all interested in them and boxing which did wonders for the profile of the sport.

My question is does Fury need to check his charactor should he become heavyweight champ? Or will he shame British boxing with his crude manner?

Degale shut his mouth and let his boxing do the talking and it seems to have turned the public towards him rather then against.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The Manc H/W champ Empty Re: The Manc H/W champ

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:53 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Never 1 to bash his opponants or insult them Wlad has proven to be very dedicated to his sport and has carried himself in a way that the old champions used to carry themselves.

What does that mean and who does it refer to?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 06 Jul 2015, 10:01 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Never 1 to bash his opponants or insult them Wlad has proven to be very dedicated to his sport and has carried himself in a way that the old champions used to carry themselves.

What does that mean and who does it refer to?

Never known Wlad to publically trash talk his opponants always been a true professional.

Champions like Louis, Marciano, Braddock etc were consumate pros. They carried themselves in a way that garnerd respect from fans and those in the media thats who I am refering to.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 06 Jul 2015, 10:20 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:So it looks as tho Mr Fury can potentially become the next H/W champion of the world should he beat Wlad in Germany.

How do boxing fans feel about this?

Love him or hate him with Wlad we have had a true gent of a champion. Never 1 to bash his opponants or insult them Wlad has proven to be very dedicated to his sport and has carried himself in a way that the old champions used to carry themselves. Not a hint of controversy attached to him in his immpecable 8 year reign.

but should he lose then we will be stuck with the opposite. A brash, foul mouthed fighter who is related to controversy. Fury has exibited some very nasty antics in his career so far. He will turn the air blue at any opportunity and seems to have no shame but is this good for boxing?

For years we have lamented how boring Wlad is as a fighter and a man and we all harken back to the more colourful types like Ali or Tyson who may not have been everyones cup of tea but kept us all interested in them and boxing which did wonders for the profile of the sport.

My question is does Fury need to check his charactor should he become heavyweight champ? Or will he shame British boxing with his crude manner?

Degale shut his mouth and let his boxing do the talking and it seems to have turned the public towards him rather then against.

They make a living hitting people and getting hit in the face. If you're looking for fine, upstanding pillars of society, you're looking in the wrong place. Role models, they are not. If it puts your mind at ease though, I wouldn't worry too much about Fury dethroning Wlad.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 06 Jul 2015, 10:46 pm

Listen...people come up to me all the time and they say...'Steffan...you know all about boxing. Can Tyson Fury really be heavyweight champion of the world?'

So I say...'This guy got all the tools baby. That Klitschko is gonna get beat. Fury will be the next great heavyweight champion. There is a new king on the throne...and his name is Tyson Fury'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm

I think OneTwo has a point. The K-Bros are renaissance men. If it weren't for boxing there are probably half a dozen other things they could have done to an elite level (the wonders of playing radioactive mud puddles I guess). Fury is a real throwback. The if it wasn't for boxing I'd be in jail kinda guy. In fact he's the "even with boxing I sometimes go to jail" kinda guy.

I like my Champs to be gentlemen, and it's not like the K-Bros don't have 10-1 the coolest backstory floating about.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:32 pm

DeGale shut his mouth???

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down