The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New US Champ?

+7
JoshSansom
Don Caboose
HitmanOwl
AberdeenSteve
Kay Fabe
The Awesome Giz
Beer
11 posters

Go down

New US Champ? Empty New US Champ?

Post by Beer Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 am

Last night at the Supershow, R-Truth beat Jack Swagger to become New US champ?

There is another Supershow today so will be interesting to see if it changes hands again or if Truth keeps it.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

New US Champ? Empty Re: New US Champ?

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 am

Apparently after Truth won, Otunga came out and announced it had actually been a non title match. Then gave the belt back to Swagger.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 am

Orton has just returned at tonights house

Wonder if they'll keep him off TV until The Rumble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:51 am

I hope they do, more so the fact it is in his home town and the pop could be massive!

I'd also like to see Barrett dominating with Orton to come out and them set up a Mania match against each other.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Orton no.27? Taker 30 hmmm

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:05 pm

I'd rather see Orton and Barrett draw 1&2

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:25 pm

I'd rather Orton not be in the Rumble officially just come out to get at Barrett. He only won it in 2009, it needs to go to a new babyface. (Cough Sheamus)

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Don Caboose wrote:I'd rather Orton not be in the Rumble officially just come out to get at Barrett. He only won it in 2009, it needs to go to a new babyface. (Cough Sheamus)

Has his "feud" with Jinder given Sheamus enough momentum to go on to main event WrestleMania though? I suppose a lot depends on whether they see Daniel Bryan being champion into WM or will he drop it at RR/EC.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
Don Caboose wrote:I'd rather Orton not be in the Rumble officially just come out to get at Barrett. He only won it in 2009, it needs to go to a new babyface. (Cough Sheamus)

Has his "feud" with Jinder given Sheamus enough momentum to go on to main event WrestleMania though? I suppose a lot depends on whether they see Daniel Bryan being champion into WM or will he drop it at RR/EC.

This is very true, Sheamus has been *there* since his scraps with Henry in the autumn so I guess he's not really got much momentum going into the Rumble, but the WWE's favourite trick nowadays is the post de-push MEGAPUSH, (see Del Rio 2010/11), so I can always hope!

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

God I hope Sheamus doesn't win the Rumble, really don't rate this guy at all. I haven't particularly been a fan of him ever since he debuted, the thought of him in a world title match at WM is horrible!

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 pm

What dont you like about Sheamus?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, I know that he's well-liked on here, so I'm very much in the minority over Sheamus. I find most of his matches boring, don't get why so many love that chest punch thing he does when his opponent gets caught in the ropes. His promos are also quite boring IMO, bad jokes about his 'Uncle Jimmy' etc.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 am

Come on fella.

I can understand why you disliked Sheamus from the start, I was certainly unimpressed by his arrival on RAW back in 2009. (Apart from the sick powerbomb that "retired" Jamie Noble). He was built as this unstoppable monster who was also equal parts coward and a bit of a fluke (as is the WWE standard for Heels). Add his needless job to HHH at Wrestlemania 26 and he has had a lot to recover from.

However, I've not seen him have an especially bad match in a long time, and he works really well with smaller guys. For a biggish wrestler he has a very athletic moveset. He definitely has a personality too, but he has yet to deliver that killer promo. I think his character of brave and fun yet serious ass kicker will get over huge eventually. Plus he's got a unique look from every other current superstar.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah ginger and pale!!!!!!!!!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Don Caboose wrote:Come on fella.

I can understand why you disliked Sheamus from the start, I was certainly unimpressed by his arrival on RAW back in 2009. (Apart from the sick powerbomb that "retired" Jamie Noble). He was built as this unstoppable monster who was also equal parts coward and a bit of a fluke (as is the WWE standard for Heels). Add his needless job to HHH at Wrestlemania 26 and he has had a lot to recover from.

However, I've not seen him have an especially bad match in a long time, and he works really well with smaller guys. For a biggish wrestler he has a very athletic moveset. He definitely has a personality too, but he has yet to deliver that killer promo. I think his character of brave and fun yet serious ass kicker will get over huge eventually. Plus he's got a unique look from every other current superstar.

His matches aren't terrible, just not good enough IMO to be in a main event at WM.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

I agree with Don Caboose - big fan of Sheamus as he has an individual look and a good move set. His promos are good in my opinion because the accent makes them different and frankly his place in the wrestling hierarchy is such that he is unlikely to have to rely on promos to get over. Plus, not being North American I doubt he would ever reach the kind of company leading role that would require the full package of talents.

I would say that he is definitely ready to headline a Smackdown WM PPV if he had the right story line build, it couldn't be thrown together at the last minute but for a match that may go on in the early half of the event it would be good enough against someone like Wade Barrett...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Well, as said before, it seems that I'm on my own here, but I'm just not convinced by him. He's almost 'too' dominant- part of the appeal of a top-level babyface is that they have a form of weakness or flaw that they ultimately overcome.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:45 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:Well, as said before, it seems that I'm on my own here, but I'm just not convinced by him. He's almost 'too' dominant- part of the appeal of a top-level babyface is that they have a form of weakness or flaw that they ultimately overcome.

But frankly that is down to a) WWE heel/face booking in the last ten years (since McMahon/Helmsley) and b) the fact that he has been in a programme with Jinder Mahal - difficult to look weak there

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm

And c) he overcomes the heat and Sun in America everyday and to an Irishman that is some achievement

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I do agree with you there, WWE booking certainly hasn't helped his cause. And you must agree that a feud with Mahal is hardly good preparation for a potential WM main-eventer.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down