The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May

+37
niwatts
broadlandboy
thomh
nathan
bedfordwelsh
HammerofThunor
formerly known as Sam
stub
majesticimperialman
LondonTiger
bluestonevedder
No 7&1/2
Cumbrian
WELL-PAST-IT
DaveM
BamBam
ME-109
lostinwales
Pete330v2
The Great Aukster
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
Marshes
Coleman
Cyril
Submachine
profitius
GoodinTightSpaces
rodders
Rory_Gallagher
Sin é
whocares
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
Notch
SecretFly
George Carlin
41 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Empty Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May

Post by George Carlin Sun 24 May 2015 - 21:41

Game 1

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Irelan11              Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Barbar10
21 Ireland XV v Barbarians 22
28 May 2015
KO: 19:45
Thomond Park, Limerick

Ireland XV Team

15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14. Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster)
13. Colm O'Shea (Clontarf/Leinster)
12. Luke Marshall (Ballymena/Ulster)
11. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne Leinster)

1. Jack McGrath (St Mary's College/Leinster)
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
6. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) captain

16. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
17. Michael Bent (Dublin University/Leinster)
18. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
19. Ben Marshall (Old Belvedere/Connacht)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster)
23. Cian Kelleher (Lansdowne/Leinster)

Barbarians Team:

15. Zane Kirchner (Leinster & South Africa)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues & Wales)
13. Joe Rokocoko (Bayonne & New Zealand)
12. Wynand Olivier (Montpellier & South Africa)
11. David Smith (Toulon)
10. James Gopperth (Leinster)
9. Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa)

1. Roberto Tejerizo (Tucuman & Argentina)
2. Deon Fourie (Lyon)
3. Adam Jones(Cardiff Blues & Wales)
4. Rodrigo Capo Ortega (Castres & Uruguay)
5. Konstantin Mikautadze (Toulon & Georgia)
6. Shane Jennings (Leinster & Ireland, capt)
7. Gerhard Vosloo (Toulon)
8. Ryu Koliniasi Holani (Panasonic Wild Knights & Japan).

16. David Ward (Harlequins)
17. Saimone Taumoepeau (Castres & New Zealand)
18. Matias Diaz (Pampas & Argentina)
19. Nathan Hines (Sale Sharks & Scotland)
20. George Smith (Lyon & Australia)
21. Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano Ath & Argentina)
22. Tusi Pisi (Suntory Sungoliath & Samoa)
23. Gio Aplon (Grenoble & South Africa).

Game 2

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Englan11   Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Barbar10
England v Barbarians
31 May 2015
KO:15:00
Twickenham, London

England XV Team:
Tait (Leicester Tigers); Wade (Wasps), Daly (Wasps), Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Yarde (Harlequins); Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Dickson (Northampton Saints, capt); Mullan (Wasps), Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Brookes (Newcastle Falcons); Slater (Leicester Tigers), Launchbury (Wasps); Wilson (Newcastle Falcons), Clifford (Harlequins), Beaumont (Sale Sharks).

Replacements: Taylor (Sale Sharks), Waller (Northampton Saints), Denman (Northampton Saints), Gaskell (Wasps), Fisher (Northampton Saints), Chudley (Exeter Chiefs), Geraghty (London Irish), Lewington (London Irish)

Barbarians Team:
Aplon (Grenoble & South Africa); Smith (Toulon), Rokocoko (Bayonne & New Zealand), Olivier (Montpellier & South Africa), Monye (Harlequins & England); Pisi (Suntory Sungoliath & Samoa); Cubelli (Belgrano Ath & Argentina); Taumoepeau (Castres & New Zealand), Ward (Harlequins), Diaz (Pampas & Argentina); Manoa (Northampton Saints and USA), Thorn (Leicester Tigers & New Zealand, capt); Whitelock (Panasonic Wild Knights & New Zealand), Smith (Lyon & Australia), Waldrom (Exeter Chiefs & England).

Replacements: Fourie (Lyon), Tejerizo (Tucuman & Argentina), Jones (Cardiff Blues & Wales), Hines (Sale Sharks & Scotland), Matera (Pampas & Argentina), Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa), Brett (Lyon), Fujita (Panasonic Wild Knights & Japan)

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 30 May 2015 - 21:06; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Empty Re: Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 May 2015 - 10:32

Just before people get down and dirty on the detail of the two games, can any of the Irish boys (wot does Chunky 'ates and detests so bad, like) can any of the more informed ones of that terrible sort of divil tell me what Ireland's plans are for training camps pre-WC?
I've heard England are off to Denver Colorado for some brutal high altitude training - Lancaster warning them they're going to be the fittest ever but will pay for it with a lot of training PAIN.
Of course Wales have already booked Everest and the International Space Station for their high tech preps.

Any Irish guys know any detail on where we're going to try to match the 'fitness setting' standards being applied by our neighbours?  Ardgillan Castle?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Empty Re: Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May

Post by Notch Mon 25 May 2015 - 13:44

I'll add the Ireland squad to the OP if you don't mind George
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 25 May 2015 - 14:05

I'd quite like to see Diack, McColskey and Marshall all starting for Ireland XV though Marshall may have to move out one to accommodate that.

I'd put the team together like;

1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Dan Tuohy
5. Devin Toner
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Chris Henry
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Eoin Reddan
10. Ian Madigan
11. Dave Kearney
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Luke Marshall
14. Craig Gilroy
15. Rob Kearney

16. Rob Herring 17. Michael Bent 18. Mike Ross 19. Robbie Diack 20. Jordi Murphy 21. Luke McGrath 22. Paddy Jackson 23. Cian Kelleher

Hard to know who's going to be left out in the back row out of Heaslip, Murphy, Henry, Ruddock, Diack and Conan. Henry is the only one who played 70+ minutes on Friday but he's also a guy Schmidt will be keen to assess. Heaslip is Captain so I'm assuming he'll start? Anticipating other Leinster fringe players like Ben Marshall and Collie O'Shea missing out but might be wrong about that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 25 May 2015 - 14:06

Aye thang yew Notch.

How did they decide which Ulster players to include? Or Irish franchise players generally, come to that?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 25 May 2015 - 14:28

George Carlin wrote:Aye thang yew Notch.

How did they decide which Ulster players to include? Or Irish franchise players generally, come to that?

It seems that the established Ulster internationals (Best, Bowe, Payne and Henderson) are being allowed to recuperate since the coaches saw very well what they can do in the Six Nations, whilst guys who missed out on selection or were unavailable through injury have been selected. Jackson, Marshall and Gilroy missed the entire Ireland season through injury or non-selection and they are included here. The only Ulster starters from Friday included are Tuohy, Henry, Jackson and Gilroy. Of those, Henry and Tuohy are the most surprising given they played a big part in a physical game but both players have missed large portions of the season with injury and neither has played for Ireland this year due to some bad luck and bad timing so it fits in with what I was saying, they are looking at guys on the fringes when possible. They've had injury problems ruling them out for Ireland and they will have a chance to stake a claim in this game and in the warm-ups. Diack and Herring haven't been starting for Ulster so should be completely fresh, though both are outsiders for any final RWC squad. Finally, McCloskey is a complete newbie to the Ireland set-up and since he's been in the role of Ulsters 'impact player' he should be fresh too- I hope he gets this opportunity to start in his best position, because he is the most interesting potential bolter for the RWC in my opinion. Also rested for this game is Sean O'Brien, with time being given to five of the players jostling for the two back-up back row slots- O'Brien and O'Mahony plus Captain Heaslip who will start are certainties, the battle to see who our cover is for those come September is huge. Henderson will go as a lock/blindside utility cover. And fighting it out for the last two back row spots in the squad;

Rhys Ruddock
Robbie Diack
Chris Henry
Jordi Murphy
Tommy O'Donnell
Jack Conan

It also seems that no Connacht players were considered- they played on Sunday for 100 minutes, so fair enough. Robbie Henshaw is established now, having started Ireland's last seven tests against top 10 nations, there's on need to force him to play with a 4-day turnaround. Marmion is injured, Muldowney, Healy and Buckley are all surely knackered after their tragic heroics. Though Ulsters six-day turnaround is easier than a 4-day turnaround, the guys who played on Friday might all start on the bench all the same. We'll see.

But no doubt the IRFU have mixed feelings about Ulsters exit, because if you take out our players you're down to Leinster Academy players making up the numbers. That would have been interesting.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 25 May 2015 - 16:08

Some good players in the BaBas squad. Also interesting that Robbie Deans is coaching and will be in Ireland this week. I wonder if he will get a call from Leinster?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 25 May 2015 - 17:21

Notch wrote:I'd quite like to see Diack, McColskey and Marshall all starting for Ireland XV though Marshall may have to move out one to accommodate that.

I'd put the team together like;

1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Dan Tuohy
5. Devin Toner
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Chris Henry
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Eoin Reddan
10. Ian Madigan
11. Dave Kearney
12. Stuart McCloskey
13. Luke Marshall
14. Craig Gilroy
15. Rob Kearney

16. Rob Herring 17. Michael Bent 18. Mike Ross 19. Robbie Diack 20. Jordi Murphy 21. Luke McGrath 22. Paddy Jackson 23. Cian Kelleher

Hard to know who's going to be left out in the back row out of Heaslip, Murphy, Henry, Ruddock, Diack and Conan. Henry is the only one who played 70+ minutes on Friday but he's also a guy Schmidt will be keen to assess. Heaslip is Captain so I'm assuming he'll start? Anticipating other Leinster fringe players like Ben Marshall and Collie O'Shea missing out but might be wrong about that.

Apart from Kelleher I literally have the exact same 23 as you.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 25 May 2015 - 22:05

Didnt realise that Jennings was still playing! This babaa squad doesnt inspire me a lot (at least less flashy than recent ones). Let's hope they can be a decent opposition.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 25 May 2015 - 22:13

whocares wrote:Didnt realise that Jennings was still playing! This babaa squad doesnt inspire me a lot (at least less flashy than recent ones). Let's hope they can be a decent opposition.

He's retiring. Him and Big Bad Brad are having their last hurrahs with the Barbarians this week.

It's interesting to see the BaaBaas giving two home-based Japanese internationals exposure. I'm wondering will that become a regular feature of their selections in the run-up to Japan 2019? That's a good idea if so.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 25 May 2015 - 22:21

GunsGerms wrote:Some good players in the BaBas squad. Also interesting that Robbie Deans is coaching and will be in Ireland this week. I wonder if he will get a call from Leinster?

Robbie Deans wouldn't touch any team in Ireland with Nucifora as his boss.

Deans has spoken about Nucifora's empire building and how he didn't support him when he was Wallabies coach.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 25 May 2015 - 22:34

I'm delighted that Luke Marshall is involved. This will be a great opportunity for him to bring himself back into the frame. The RWC is obviously too soon for him, but he can certainly stake a claim for that 12 shirt after.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 25 May 2015 - 22:38

Never mind my last post, they all come from the Japanese club where Deans is coach these days so probably not a policy. Sin is probably right about Deans, he was asked about it and gave it the most polite and diplomatic version of 'I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole' I've ever heard Smile

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/deans-rules-himself-out-of-contention-for-top-leinster-post-1.2225634

Also clever; trying to goad Ireland by saying we'll be out to suffocate them, and won't bring any creative rugby.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 May 2015 - 9:39

Notch wrote:Never mind my last post, they all come from the Japanese club where Deans is coach these days so probably not a policy. Sin is probably right about Deans, he was asked about it and gave it the most polite and diplomatic version of 'I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole' I've ever heard Smile

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/deans-rules-himself-out-of-contention-for-top-leinster-post-1.2225634

Also clever; trying to goad Ireland by saying we'll be out to suffocate them, and won't bring any creative rugby.

Well, you know he's having a laugh when he includes England in that sentence.  England will be out to spoil the Barbarians game plan by suffocating creativity?  He's gotta know that's a joke.

On the other point about Leinster.  To borrow an awful English football maxim: The lad...., he could do worse.  

He could get more money where he already is of course and that wouldn't of course be the deciding factor in his mind IF asked Whistle -  but he could do worse than join a Team that competes against some of the biggest sides in the world, stuffed with many of rugby's most famous faces....with more turning up after the WC.  Maybe the size of the job intimidates him and in his mind he isn't confident he'd be up to it.  Two big failures one after the other wouldn't look good on the CV.

So.................... maybe he's linking himself to the job in the media's mind without ever having been actually officially asked?  Getting the 'Jake White' kudos of being 'linked' to an attractive job without having to send in the CV Wink

I think I too at this point need to make it clear that I'm too busy right now with other things.  It's a nice offer to get for any super-knowledgeable 606 poster but I'd have to decline the job as Leinster Head Coach too right now.  Maybe another time when my Filofax is empty.

BTW. Gibbes would be a much more tasty catch if hooked.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 26 May 2015 - 10:46

Forget about the baa baas - this would be my team for the RWC final -

15 Payne
14 Gilroy
13 Henshaw
12 McCloskey
11 Healy
10 Jackson
9 Murray
8 Stander
7 Henry
6 Henderson
5 O'Connell
4 Muldowney
3 Ross
2 Best
1 Healy

McGrath, Moore ,Cronin, Toner, O'Mahoney, McGrath, Sexton, Bowe
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Tue 26 May 2015 - 11:55

rodders wrote:Forget about the baa baas - this would be my team for the RWC final -

15 Payne
14 Gilroy
13 Henshaw
12 McCloskey
11 Healy
10 Jackson
9 Murray
8 Stander
7 Henry
6 Henderson
5 O'Connell
4 Muldowney
3 Ross
2 Best
1 Healy

you are joking???

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 26 May 2015 - 13:37

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
rodders wrote:Forget about the baa baas - this would be my team for the RWC final -

15 Payne
14 Gilroy
13 Henshaw
12 McCloskey
11 Healy
10 Jackson
9 Murray
8 Stander
7 Henry
6 Henderson
5 O'Connell
4 Muldowney
3 Ross
2 Best
1 Healy

you are joking???

If I was joking I'd have put Keatley on the bench and picked Zebo. Winning the web ellis is a serious business....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 May 2015 - 13:40

Too serious for us lot. I think we might be better off trying to win it as a joke instead. So Keatley back in contention.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 26 May 2015 - 14:41

Barbarians team is up, in the OP. Also here;

Barbarians Team:

15. Zane Kirchner (Leinster & South Africa)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues & Wales)
13. Joe Rokocoko (Bayonne & New Zealand)
12. Wynand Olivier (Montpellier & South Africa)
11. David Smith (Toulon)
10. James Gopperth (Leinster)
9. Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa)

1. Roberto Tejerizo (Tucuman & Argentina)
2. Deon Fourie (Lyon)
3. Adam Jones(Cardiff Blues & Wales)
4. Rodrigo Capo Ortega (Castres & Uruguay)
5. Konstantin Mikautadze (Toulon & Georgia)
6. Shane Jennings (Leinster & Ireland, capt)
7. Gerhard Vosloo (Toulon)
8. Ryu Koliniasi Holani (Panasonic Wild Knights & Japan).

16. David Ward (Harlequins)
17. Saimone Taumoepeau (Castres & New Zealand)
18. Matias Diaz (Pampas & Argentina)
19. George Whitelock (Panasonic Wild Knights & New Zealand)
20. George Smith (Lyon & Australia)
21. Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano Ath & Argentina)
22. Tusi Pisi (Suntory Sungoliath & Samoa)
23. Gio Aplon (Grenoble & South Africa).

Shane Jennings is Captain, pretty much all of the Irish-based players start.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 27 May 2015 - 7:55

Rokocoko in the centre. That should be interesting.

Vosloo is 36 now, so expect to see the legendary Mr Smith hit the pitch at some point.

Are Ireland planning on announcing a team or are they just waiting to see who turns up in the car park?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015 - 13:18

George Carlin wrote:Rokocoko in the centre. That should be interesting.

Vosloo is 36 now, so expect to see the legendary Mr Smith hit the pitch at some point.

Are Ireland planning on announcing a team or are they just waiting to see who turns up in the car park?

15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14. Dave Kearney (Lansdowne/Leinster)
13. Colm O'Shea (Clontarf/Leinster)
12. Luke Marshall (Ballymena/Ulster)
11. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne Leinster)

1. Jack McGrath (St Mary's College/Leinster)
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
6. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) captain

16. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
17. Michael Bent (Dublin University/Leinster)
18. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
19. Ben Marshall (Old Belvedere/Connacht)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)
22. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster)
23. Cian Kelleher (Lansdowne/Leinster)

My only real disappointment is the absence of Stuart McCloskey from the match day squad. Also, Rhys Ruddock will be extremely disappointed.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015 - 13:28

Nathan Hines replaces George Whitelock on the bench for the Barbarians tonight.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015 - 13:31

Is it on sky sports?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015 - 13:41

Yeah, 7.30 tomorrow on Sky Sports
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 27 May 2015 - 14:10

Who in the name of feck is Colm O'Shea?

Other than Mrs O'Shea's little lad, obviously.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 27 May 2015 - 14:42

George Carlin wrote:Who in the name of feck is Colm O'Shea?

Wait until you See! Just wait until you see, George. Don't blink.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 27 May 2015 - 14:43

Notch wrote:Nathan Hines replaces George Whitelock on the bench for the Barbarians tonight.

It's becoming Leinster A against Leinster B....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 27 May 2015 - 15:17

I've never seen Colm O'Shea play but interesting to see him included. If he turns out to be decent it won't look good on MOC. Hope to see Kelleher get a run out too at this level.

I see they've already changed Ben Marshall's team to Connacht. lol Good signing for Connacht.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015 - 16:20

O'Shea is a young Leinster centre, pretty talented by all accounts but under-utilised by O'Connor. Thats part two of the reason O'Connor is no longer coach of Leinster, part one being abysmal league form. But like Edinburgh, fans will be willing to tolerate talented young players not getting a chance if the team is winning but if it's not and the old guard are still dominating then it's just going to add to the disgruntlement.

Les Kiss did say that giving the likes of O'Shea and Kelleher a chance would be considered, and that it would be very much in the spirit of the Barbarians fixture to do this.

I'm not sure that it adds anything to our World Cup preparations but both Payne and Henshaw have been used very heavily in the last few weeks by their teams and Earls is unavailable, so really only Cave remained as an option. He's probably not too happy watching a guy who's played about 5 games for Leinster in the Irish 13 shirt but I'm looking forward to seeing what O'Shea can do. I really like Cave and I'm delighted to see him staying to fight for his place at Ulster long term but I don't see him making the step up to being a test-level player. Might as well give a young guy a really valuable learning experience.

Game is uncapped, so doesn't count as an official debut for O'Shea or any of the other uncapped players.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015 - 16:35

I think Schmidt is just looking at as many options as possible.

McCloskey, Reid and a few others will get a chance for emerging Ireland. Cave has been around a while and been in a few camps under Schmidt so I'd say he knows what Cave can do at this stage and remains on the fringes, with a good chance of a call up if Payne or Henshaw get injured. I think Schmidt is giving guys a rest too.

This is a big opportunity for Marshall though.

Gilroy is in electric form but competition is fierce on the left - Healy at Connacht has been awesome - some really good wingers are going to miss out totally for sure.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 27 May 2015 - 16:40

SecretFly wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Who in the name of feck is Colm O'Shea?

Wait until you See!  Just wait until you see, George.  Don't blink.  
Ireland & England v Barbarians, 28 and 31 May Cant_b13
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 27 May 2015 - 16:49

rodders wrote:I think Schmidt is just looking at as many options as possible.

McCloskey, Reid and a few others will get a chance for emerging Ireland. Cave has been around a while and been in a few camps under Schmidt so I'd say he knows what Cave can do at this stage and remains on the fringes, with a good chance of a call up if Payne or Henshaw get injured. I think Schmidt is giving guys a rest too.

This is a big opportunity for Marshall though.

Gilroy is in electric form but competition is fierce on the left - Healy at Connacht has been awesome - some really good wingers are going to miss out totally for sure.

Thats bogus dude

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 28 May 2015 - 7:20

Does anyone know why these are not full cap internationals?

I would like to think that there's a good reason.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 9:32

George Carlin wrote:Does anyone know why these are not full cap internationals?

Is the Barbarians really a full cap International side is one attempt.

The other might involve a convoluted agreement with a Stadium Name Sponsor that wanted things all their own way and got most of it. Thus why some might now think that Commerical Companies (Cola, Burger, Banks, Alcohol) own and control sport and not the sporting organisations at all

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 28 May 2015 - 12:28

George Carlin wrote:Does anyone know why these are not full cap internationals?

In England's case it's basically 'an England XV' and it would lessen the value of proper capped internationals. As far as I'm aware England have never capped Barbarians games and I completely agree with that stance. Not sure about Ireland. I do know that Wales tend to cap Barbarians games (but maybe I remember something about getting Martyn Williams up to 100 caps Wink).

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 28 May 2015 - 12:30

SecretFly wrote:
The other might involve a convoluted agreement with a Stadium Name Sponsor that wanted things all their own way and got most of it.  Thus why some might now think that Commerical Companies (Cola, Burger, Banks, Alcohol) own and control sport and not the sporting organisations at all
Eh? I'm not sure what capping (or not) Barbarians games has to do with your wish for rugby to live in a yurt throw off the shackles of a secular world Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 12:48

Cyril wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
The other might involve a convoluted agreement with a Stadium Name Sponsor that wanted things all their own way and got most of it.  Thus why some might now think that Commerical Companies (Cola, Burger, Banks, Alcohol) own and control sport and not the sporting organisations at all
Eh? I'm not sure what capping (or not) Barbarians games has to do with your wish for rugby to live in a yurt throw off the shackles of a secular world Wink

Read up and edgeamacate yourself there, Cyril.  It's never too late to keep learning things.  All capped games have to be in...Lansdowne.... This game is taking place elsewhere.  Agreements.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 28 May 2015 - 12:52

SecretFly wrote:
Cyril wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Read up and edgeamacate yourself there, Cyril.  It's never too late to keep learning things.  All capped games have to be in...Lansdowne.... This game is taking place elsewhere.  Agreements.
Duly noted. They wouldn't cap it even if it was at the Aviva though, would they?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 12:57

Probably not...though I'm not too clear on that one. That's why I included two options - to be always right, as per usual Wink Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 28 May 2015 - 14:52

It's true about the contract with Aviva, but I don't think the Barbarians games are usually capped internationals (except for Wales, which I think is rather stupid- how is an international side playing a club side a capped international?).

It was more annoying when Ireland played Fiji at the same ground and it wasn't capped. Craig Gilroy scored a hat trick- I'm sure he would have liked that to make it into his official stats Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 28 May 2015 - 19:26

Notch wrote:It's true about the contract with Aviva, but I don't think the Barbarians games are usually capped internationals (except for Wales, which I think is rather stupid- how is an international side playing a club side a capped international?).

It was more annoying when Ireland played Fiji at the same ground and it wasn't capped. Craig Gilroy scored a hat trick- I'm sure he would have liked that to make it into his official stats Wink

He will make up for it someday. Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 28 May 2015 - 19:49

Anyone got a link that will work on an iPad?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:03

Well this is comical...scrum after scrum....after scrum

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:16

Anyone know who's club socks Adam Jones is wearing? I missed the start.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:24

Jesus Jack don't be a d!ck, its a feckin exhibition match

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:34

Very lateral in 'attack' from Ireland again. I know we have the man down but not much scent of new attacking ambition even with the 15.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:56

Completely forgot about this game.. FLIP SAKE.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 28 May 2015 - 20:58

Missed a little...but not much Rory... lovely Gilroy try, fantastic Kirtchner one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 28 May 2015 - 21:17

SecretFly wrote:Missed a little...but not much Rory... lovely Gilroy try, fantastic Kirtchner one.

The back line are not clicking at all - similar story in the first half?

How did Luke Marshall get on?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 28 May 2015 - 21:31

Good to see Ulster getting the tries tonight. Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next