The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner Vs. Porter

+27
owen10ozzy
mobilemaster8
Rowley
catchweight
Herman Jaeger
Mr Bounce
hampo17
ShahenshahG
Strongback
wheelchair1991
jimdig
Coxy001
Lance
Hands Of Stone
qc2
hogey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
Steffan
kingraf
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Broner Vs. Porter - Page 3 Empty Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 May 2015, 5:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't remember what date but this is signed and sealed, how much has Broner learned is the real question? Can he handle another mini bull charging at him with maybe less power than Maidana but more speed.

Love this fight, could end up being Maidana V2 for Adrien. #ThankAlHaymen

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter - Page 3 Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 11:21 am

How do you reach that conclusion Herman?

Khan has wins over Fighters like Maidana.

Your basing that because Porter beat Broner? We Broner should have lost to Malignaggi and Khan stopped him......

Kell has done more at welterweight with his win over Porter, that's much better than Collazo and Alexander....but it's not exactly streets ahead of Maidana who he had a cracking fight with and dropped a few years ago....the same guy who ironically battered Broner and took Mayweather close on occasion.

I'd say that was probably better overall but hey that's me.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Jun 2015, 11:32 am

I think Khan fans don't want their man to face off against Brook, Porter or Thurman fearing the game may be up so no 'dream fight' with Floyd...

Why the obsessive refusal to fight Brook?

Why the silence on Thurman's call-out?

Couldn't be anything to do with their beating him quite handily could it?

These hitters at welterweight pack a good bit more power than (most of) the lww's and I suspect Mr Khan knows this.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

You've got me there Herman, i'm a Amir Khan fan, seems to be your usual retort when someone disagrees with you and it does make your opinion from there on pretty meaningless. Instead of trying to start petty online feuds, explain how Brook, Thurman and Porter are more deserving of a fight with Mayweather than Khan is?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Jun 2015, 11:53 am

I'm the one trying to start petty on-line feuds???

All I'm doing is debating the merits of Khan's worthiness of a fight with Floyd above the above three which I profoundly disagree upon.

Ultimately what this boils down to is Khan supporters wanting their man to get a fight with Floyd without faceing off a top five welterweight .

Totally illogical...

Don't be so transparent Hammersmith and accuse me of exactly what you're trying to do. You always become prickly when someone doesn't agree with you. But then pomposity's probably your middle name.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

Thurman and Porter are yet to beat a top five Welterweight that is the point here and it shows double standards when Khan has to do more to 'earn' a shot than other boxers. At no point have you in any shape or form explained how they are more deserving of the Mayweather fight.

Ultimately it doesn't boil down to Khan fans wanting anything, I am definitely on the Brook side of the fence, it is boxing fans trying to understand double standards, Thurman and Porter don't stand a chance against Floyd whereas Khan could make it interesting.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:17 pm

I can't debare with your illogical mind Hammersmith , it's simply too taxing.

And this habit of yours where you state things which are unproven as fact is also something that needs addressing imo.

You say Khan could make things more interesting with Floyd than Porter or Thurman yet refuse to acknowledge that these two are universally ranked higher than Khan at the minute(I'm not talking the WBC list here.)

And as for you stating Thurman or Porter have no chance with Floyd, well I would flip that and say Khan has very little chance with Keith or Shawn. Point is Khan needs to beat what's in front of him to get Floyd and Khan fans are having trouble acknowledging this imo.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings/welterweight
http://www.tbrb.org/all-rankings/#147

Thurman and Porter universally ranked higher?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:33 pm

You trust 'The Ring' rankings picard

Sorry but imo those three have better form at welterweight than Khan and that is why Khan won't fight them before Floyd.

Floyd's a smart man, I think he can see through Khan too and reject that fight anyway while feeding Khan little bits of hope along the way. Just for a bit of amusement!

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm

So much for your universally ranked higher eh Herman, which rankings do you trust then? The Americancentric rankings that Rafael produces for ESPN or another set?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:02 pm

To be honest with so many rankings around, one has to just throw them all into a hat, jumble them around and come up with what you the individual perceives to be a mean.

But frankly, I don't need rankings to decipher Khan's form at welterweight is'nt that of the other three.

They've been operating in the top five of the division, Khan in the lower half. That's just the way I see it.

I can't see how anyone can rank Khan higher than these three looking at what he's so far done at the weight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:39 pm

Not understanding that logic Herman.

You sis he does not deserve a shot above those three fighters because he hasn't achieved anything at that weight, but yet if Floyd steps up to LMW he gets a crack at The world title with only ha I got fought there once before.....

Pretty sure Pacquiao jumped up to LMW and fought Margarito for a vacant title....had they done more at that weight compared to top 5 fighter campaigning there consistently for years and never having a title shot?

Had Lomachenko achieved anything before he jumped straight in with Salido at his weight? No.

It's about your name and how much weight it holds.

Brook has beaten Porter, a very good win....but that's his only name on his record. The rest is a who's who's bag of Poopie.

Thurman is the same, who has he fought that shows us he is the real package? Has he fough Bradley? Has he fought JMM? Pacquiao? Maybe even a Maidana who always puts In a good shift and can make anyone struggle.

Sorry mate, but Khan has beat the better opposition in my eyes, even if it was at the weight below. He has a bigger name and brings more to the table financially.

Don't think anyone in the US really knows Brook too much just yet, but they know Khan. It's marketing....it's business....and that's why I think he deserves it ahead of Kell and One Time.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:51 pm

Khan was lucky against feather fisted Algieri. Gets wobbled in every fight. Since Garcia he has cherry picked light hitting fighters. Peooe keep throwing his Maidana win out....THAT WAS YEARS AGO! Apart from a shot to pieces Judah when has Khan looked sensational???

He gets tagged hard in every fight and his level of opposition over the last while back has been poor and he still looks ropey at times in those fights. Granted Brook has been fighting garbage too but his win over porter is recent so atm he has fought and beat a better welter who isnt shot. Khans fought an ancient collazo, Alexander who got took to school by porter and was VERY lucky against Algieri who was kissing the canvas several times in his 2 pervious fights.

Kells porter win is heads and shoulders above what Khan has done at welter. But hey....he neat Maidana years ago at LWW so that makes It ok. Khan has got worse since that fight btw
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:58 pm

Can I ask a question? When did who deserves it most matter when it comes to Floyd choosing an opponent?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:00 pm

Could argue he was flawless against both Alexander and Collazo Damien, and before anyone mentions Collazo being a poor opponent, he's good enough for Thurman to be facing next thumbsup

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

Exactly jeff. Besides Mayweather has actuallly stated he might fight Berto haha. Prepare for 606v3 to be set up cuz v2 will explode!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm

Collazo is a tough customer but not elite by any stretch. I picked him against Ortiz based only on it being in brooklyn and cuz Ortiz has bi polar. Anyone with skills and and a bit of a level head beats him. Iv never liked Alexander since the Bradley fight. He also looked clueless against porter. Btw I agree that the thurman v collazo is a joke. Can only guess its because Thurman had a hard fight against Guerrero and he wants to get himself back to business KO'ing people. Look what happened to Guerrero there the other week jumping nacl to early. Nearly cost him. Thurman will take on the big fights soon. Just a keep busy fight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm

Why when Thurman does it is it a keep busy fight but for Brook or Khan it's a poor match up, I genuinely don't understand why he gets so much praise for not doing anything. Judah gets called shot to pieces when he was not but Guerrero is a good win.

Algieri is on current form a better opponent than Collazo but only one of the boxers gets criticised for taking an easy fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

I have to agree with herman here - I haven't seen Khan face a top 5 Welterweight in order for him to "deserve" a chance against Mayweather. That isn't to say he wouldn't prove a stickier opponent for him than either Porter or Thurman and is probably one of the very few people capable of beating him - but he's done nothing to warrant the fight so far where Thurman and Porter actually have.

Khan has been trading off his great Maidana and Judah wins for a while now. He's looked back after the Garcia loss and pulled out 2 fights where he did genuinely look like a world beater. Since, he's been an accident waiting to happen. His unwillingness to properly work against Peterson, his mistakes against Garcia, his difficulty with Algeri etc.

This is where 606v2 becomes a bit pathetic because you've got some people who genuinely can't see past either liking or disliking Khan. To some he's a world class boxer who's the answer to Mayweather, deserves the shot and has just been unlucky and to others he's a cherry picking ducker who fights only for money and status.

I sit in the middle, as usual. Khan is an abhorrent person. He is a supremely talented boxer when he switches it on, but he lacks a fundamental part to make him a world beater and thats his chin. He also has this idea that he's better than anyone else because he has ducked Brook. Its a duck, plain and simple. He has no reason not to face him. If he takes on Brook (a fight I believe he wins) then he has the status he thinks he has now. Without a top 5 win he's just operating around the middle of the division and thats a shame because he IS better.

I'm glad Broner got pasted, that little brat should go away as soon as possible.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:38 pm

Who has Thurman beat in the top 5 Jabby? I'm a fan of Thurman but certainly can't see any top 5 WWs on his record.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:41 pm

The only ones worthy then are Pacquiao, Marquez and Bradley, two of who he comfortably beat and the other is and never has been an option; beyond that you have Brook, Khan, Thurman and Porter without a single win over a top five Welterweight between them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm

Kell "I fought one top 10 welter in a decade" Brook is definately not the most deserving of a Mayweather fight.

Not that deserving really makes any difference anyway. It all hinges on ppv saleablitiy and risk reward.

Its hard to look past Khan getting the fight at the moment.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm

Well, Kell is a top 5 Welter as he is a champion by beating a champion.

Thurman has become top 5 by making his way through the top fighters, doesn't have to have fought a top 5 to be top 5. Khan on the other hand, has not done that, he's been fighting say 11th, 20th, 12th etc. Thurman has improved his quality each time, Khan has picked boxers he can beat.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

Thurman has fought Diaz, Bundu and fights Collazo next Jabby. They're no better than Alexander or Algieri really.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:37 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Well, Kell is a top 5 Welter as he is a champion by beating a champion.

Thurman has become top 5 by making his way through the top fighters, doesn't have to have fought a top 5 to be top 5. Khan on the other hand, has not done that, he's been fighting say 11th, 20th, 12th etc. Thurman has improved his quality each time, Khan has picked boxers he can beat.

Thurman has also picked boxers he can beat and has on two occasions now picked Khan cast offs, this however you and Herman will ignore as he's a top five Welterweight despite his best win being the fringe contender Robert Guerrero.

This is where it's silly, Khan HAS to beat a top five Welterweight to be top five whereas Thurman doesn't and his opposition will called top fighters despite bordering on the crap making Jo Jo Dan look good.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:44 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Well, Kell is a top 5 Welter as he is a champion by beating a champion.

Thurman has also picked boxers he can beat and has on two occasions now picked Khan cast offs, this however you and Herman will ignore as he's a top five Welterweight despite his best win being the fringe contender Robert Guerrero.

This is where it's silly, Khan HAS to beat a top five Welterweight to be top five whereas Thurman doesn't and his opposition will called top fighters despite bordering on the crap making Jo Jo Dan look good.

Difference is Thurman is a career welterweight, at the weight you have to prove yourself and Khan hasn't done that. As Thurman said Alexander isn't a welterweight either, remember that fight was mooted at 140.

Khan should fight a top name at welterweight, Bradley, Thurman, Brook, Porter...

I get really annoyed that people don't understand what MANDATORY challengers are. Brook had to fight 'No No Dan' or lose the title.

Khan has no belt, hasn't beaten an actual welterweight and looked awful in his last fight against a fighter than Pacquiao annihilated. He doesn't deserve the Mayweather fight, nor will he get it. Does Khan have the style to bother Mayweather? Perhaps... Can Mayweather knock him out? Absolutely

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:46 pm

Whilst Thurman doesn't have to?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 5:02 pm

BF88 if we're saying Alexander wasn't a 147lb fighter then Bradley should be classed as the same, can't pick and chose.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sun 21 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm

I do find it amusing how the american chap on here always goes missing after arguing he knows everything and then gets proven awfully wrong.

Adrien Broner for me has always been a trained poodle.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 21 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm

Brook, Khan and Thurman could all do with testing themselves again soon. But each one is being matched well in order to look good and make easy money in the hope that a big money opportunity arrives. Its boxing, 90% of everything is made to fool the fans

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:BF88 if we're saying Alexander wasn't a 147lb fighter then Bradley should be classed as the same, can't pick and chose.

Fair point, but the rest still stand

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 7:03 pm

Mayweather wants Porter or Spence Jr vs Thurman on his undercard in September Cool

Should be two a good scrap, but also rules Thurman out as an opponent

Its either Berto, Khan or Brook at welterweight....

Who knows maybe he might go after Cotto or GGG

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 9:15 pm

Credit to both of them for taking this fight without a belt on the line..

Not sure where Broner goes from here...His career is in meltdown...

Porter will struggle to nail a strap....Good win though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Rowley wrote:I can't make my mind up with Broner, there are people whose opinion I respect enormously who think he is special, but I personally don't see what all the fuss is about too often. Suspect the kid has talent but lacks dedication as the photos when he is out of camp seem to suggest. As others have said this is a tough fight to call. Broner looked flustered when Maidana put it on him and rough housed him, not sure Porter is quite an unorthodox and wild as MM, but he can fight at a decent pace. Suspect Broner will just about do enough to get the win but not particularly certain.

Did they elaborate on their definition of special for you rowley? He's a special w*nker. Or have you suddenly developed a disturbing 'enormous respect' for truss?

Broner has talent but no defence to speak of, that I've noticed, and lacks work rate. I honestly think he's made for porter. I was surprised broner took the fight so they and others must see something I haven't. Unless that something was taking porter below his weight comfort zone and draining him.

As you can gather, it's an interesting fight but I'm going for porter.

Broner's problem is he's climbed up in weight too fast.........He isn't a welter.

Not a welter? He looks like a bloody LHW between fights!! He had success lower down because he could bully due to his size advantage, so it's hardly about what his 'natural weight' is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

Broner's a WW as he clearly lacks the discipline to get down to LWW. Yes the sexy fights are up at WW but Broner isn't going to be in the mx and certainly shouldn't be after Saturday's showing. Actually ffwd through that fighting thinking "I can't be arsed watching one guy do f*ck all for round after round....let me watch Andre Ward vs Paul Smith...oops"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3