The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porter vs Brook

+10
Steffan
shenglong2014
tobbox
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
Strongback
milkyboy
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
hampo17
14 posters

Go down

Porter vs Brook Empty Porter vs Brook

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Jun 2014, 7:10 am

Talk that this is happening in New York on the 9th of August.

Who wins?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Porter vs Brook Empty Re: Porter vs Brook

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

Porter via wide UD or LKO.

Brook technically is very good. Nice jab and okay power however he struggled with Carson jones in a life and death battle. He was also shook up by senchenko by a cheeky shot.

Porter has decent power and a very high workrate and will just simply maul him to a UD.

The only way I see Brook winning is with a lucky shot or a robbery which I don't think he is capable of either.

Should be an easy nights work for the pitbull porter.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 07 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

Going for Brook to win, Porter struggled badly with a very past it Julio Diaz, not as good good as people think in my view. Good fighter but I think Brook hasn't shown us just how good he is yet and he will on the night.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:00 am

Oh and by the way, this fight is most certainly on, Hearn has tweeted it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:08 am

Has porter developed superhuman strength overnight or is paulie shot? Who knows, I think brook his good enough to hold his own in the first half of the fight, his stamina issues have always concerned me, and it was a bit alarming to see him wobbled by senchenko.

The first jones fight didn't alarm me as much as others... The gassing alarmed me, but he actually shipped a lot of leather in the second half of the fight and showed plenty of heart. I've been as critical/frustrated as the next man at the stalling of his career, but good luck to him. Should be a good fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:12 am

Can only see a Porter win, first true step up for Brook. He took no steps for too long and now is leaping into the lions den.

I thought Eddie might have been able to generate enough revenue to have the fight in England. Given it's an away fight it's an even bigger ask.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:23 am

Porter for me, concerned by the level of Brook's opposition in his career and he seems extremely one paced who can't up the levels. Can see him getting flustered and quitting.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:03 am

True that it's the big unknown that brook has never tested himself at porter's level. To me though, that's what it is... An unknown. A reason for porter to be the safer bet, but not a reason to write brook off.

Certainly, away from home is a question mark,  step up in class is another,  concerns over stamina another, handling the occasion another. Given that porter is clearly pretty useful, I can certainly understand why many think its porter's to lose.

Ultimately, it's only in these circumstances that you find out if a guy has it. I've knocked brook in the past, but if its true and the fight goes ahead, credit to him for taking it, and its a fight I have genuine interest in watching.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

Don't rate Porters opposition much either, steamrolling the feather fisted and shot Malignaggi means just as much as knocking Senchenko out. While Alexander just isn't very good but being supposed big American names the wins get blown out of proportion.

Brook by decision when Porter realises walking through light punchers doesn't prepare him for a guy who can punch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:16 am

Agreed Milky its a fight I'll be marking in the calendar. Its a legitimate fight and there isn't a gulf in class between the fighters but there are unanswered questions about Brook I'm not sure he will be able to answer. Intrigue is always good though.

Its a long time since he burst on the scene impressing everybody, sometimes its hard to shift the fragments of those memories that influence our thinking.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:20 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Don't rate Porters opposition much either, steamrolling the feather fisted and shot Malignaggi means just as much as knocking Senchenko out. While Alexander just isn't very good but being supposed big American names the wins get blown out of proportion.

Brook by decision when Porter realises walking through light punchers doesn't prepare him for a guy who can punch.

The manner in which Porter beat the granite jawed Malinaggi was impressive. Almost too impressive especially considering who his recently appointed strength and conditioning coach is.

Shenchenko really was done when Kell fought him.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:22 am

Well Alexander had schooled Maidana & Mallignaggi had run Broner close last time out, that form alone is head and shoulders above anything Brook has done.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:52 am

Had brook struggled with diaz the way porter did, we'd be writing him off. Certainly seems porter has improved his nutrition. Amazing what a few more protein shakes and a few less hamburgers can do for your punching power. Certainly on his last two fights, porter is favourite.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Sat 07 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

I think Porter stops Brook who has left it too long to step up his level of opposition. I think he's got skills aplenty but lacks power and can't last 12 rounds with Porter's aggression. Good fight though and if Brook does win it'll be happy to have been proved wrong.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Sat 07 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm

Porter all the way another Hearn fighter that gets to a certain level then fails.

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:10 am

shenglong2014 wrote:Porter all the way another Hearn fighter that gets to a certain level then fails.

Isn't that like nearly every fighter...? Not everyone can be a Mayweather.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:32 am

The fight wont happen as Brook will drop out to face Carson Jones for a 7th time

Anyway folks this is my last post for over a month (thank goodness I hear you all say) as off to Serbia on an excavation tomorrow and wont have much internet. Try to behave yourselves, dont get banned in the meantime and see you all when I get back

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:56 am

Safe trip Steffan!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 08 Jun 2014, 1:58 am

will brook even make the challenge or will he get injured before hand? tough test for brook but as he is a sheffield lad ill be keeping my fingers crossed for him, although i think there are a lot of parallels between him and paulie so that doesnt bode well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 08 Jun 2014, 2:45 am

Yeah I've said for ages Porter would wreck him. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong, but Brook seems to like his space, and Porter's pretty good at choosing when the bullrush his foe and make it a phonebooth fight. Porter stops him in my opinion. He's been improving for a while

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 08 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm

Here's hoping that Brook doesn't get an injuries and makes it to the fight...

I think Brook has a very good chance in this one!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:23 am

Is this fight definitely happening? I've seen Hearn tweeting about August 9th as recently as yesterday but to my knowledge nothing official has been announced & August 9th really isn't that far away, they'd have to be in training camp by now surely?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:58 am

Last week Hearn said he expected Brook to sign the contract by Friday, nothing since.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 6:45 pm

Brook is currently having a war in sparring with superstar Carson Jones which has resulted in an injury yet again. He will have an eliminator against Sergie Comprehendaslikov the undefeated Icelandic warrior unbeaten in 4 on the undercard of the Eubank Jr in the Steel City.

Special K

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down