The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

+8
GSC
sportform
banbrotam
mystiroakey
CaledonianCraig
liverbnz
dyrewolfe
Fernando
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. - Page 2 Empty Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by Fernando Thu 9 Apr - 8:55

First topic message reminder :

F1 makes its annual trip through the smog of downtown Shanghai to the Shanghai International Circuit for the third race of the 2015 season.

Built at a cost of $450m, the venue opened in 2004, hosting its inaugural grand prix that September

The 2015 Chinese GP in a nutshell

Track: Shanghai International Circuit. Permanent circuit.

Race start time: 7am UK time Sunday (2pm local).

Laps: 56.

Track length: 5.451 km.

Tyre allocation: Medium (white) and Soft (yellow).

DRS Zones: Two with separate detection points (Pit Straight and between Turns 13 and 14).

Driver steward: TBA.

Lap record: Michael Schumacher - 1:32.238 (Ferrari; 2004).

2014 pole: Lewis Hamilton - 1:53.860 (Mercedes).

Form guide

Lewis Hamilton took his third victory in China last year to become the most successful driver at the Shanghai venue. Fernando Alonso is the only other multiple winner of the race, while Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have all won the race on one occasion.

2014 result: 1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 3. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 4. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull); 5. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 6. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India); 7. Valtteri Bottas (Williams); 8. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari); 9. Sergio Perez (Force India); 10. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso).

Last five winners in China: 2014: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2013: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 2012: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 2011: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren); 2010: Jenson Button (McLaren); 2009: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull);

Tyre allocation

Pirelli will bring the white-marked medium and yellow-banded soft compounds to the Shanghai circuit.

“The weather tends to be quite unpredictable in China, although generally we can expect to see temperatures that are significantly cooler than those we experienced in Malaysia," said the Italian firm's motorsport director Paul Hembery.

"Last year we had reasonably stable weather conditions in China whereas in previous years it has been more up and down – so this throws in a very interesting variable. The front-left tyre is the most stressed in Shanghai, while the traction demands of the circuit also give a lot of work to the rear tyres. Although we haven’t actually yet seen a very hot Chinese Grand Prix during our time in Formula 1, if you look at the weather history there is potential for this to happen as well.

"This would make things very difficult for the tyres – Shanghai is a big, open circuit and if you add in heat, it creates a lot of energy – but we’ve seen from Malaysia that these tyres will rise to the challenge. As Shanghai is a large circuit there’s plenty of opportunity for overtaking and big on-track battles. Strategy-wise, we’d normally expect a two-stop race.”

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Apr - 20:29

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Fernando wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
GSC wrote:They don't have to move heaven and earth, hes contracted to 2017.

He isn't a top end driver, I said as much last year, but he's a good #2 and he delivers the points Merc need to win the WCC comfortably. Not entirely sure where this round of Rosberg bashing is coming from really.

GSC as you well know F1 contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. A good No.2 but is that really what Mercedes want especially if Hamilton's contract talks somehow went jubblies up? Not bashing just a stark case of facing reality as, after all, Mark Webber had his fair share of knockers (no not man boobs) as well.

If Hamilton's talks goes jubblies up then they sign Bottas or Ricciardo (if RB fold) alternatively wouldn't be surprised if Alonso tried to get out of his Mclaren deal all would be adequate replacements that would do a job to win races on a 1/3 of the money id expect.

And all those you mention I'd say with confidence would also have the beating of Rosberg and he'd be remaining as No.2. This is why I stand by my prediction he will never win a world championship. For Nico to change perceptions about him around he needs to grow a pair. Instead of whinging try overtaking would be a good start but of course does he have that in is armoury? I think not.

Ive no doubt they would batter him tbh Nico is a decent driver for what they want, I think Valteri would be a big challenge for Lewis actually he's always so calm under pressure. I enjoyed Niki Lauda's comment earlier calling the pair of them "egotistical bastards" Im surprised Nico has that big an ego for someone who's done not a lot really. Lewis doesn't surprise at all Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 13 Apr - 20:37

Drivers I could see doing a better job at Mercedes would be Vettel, Grosjean, Bottas, Ricciardo, Alonso, Raikkonen, Button and may even throw Verstappen in there. He has impressed me. I suppose I am mainly speaking from an F1 fan point of view craving more excitement. Mercedes are largely in a league of their own but even within that team there is no real competition. I suppose that is why I am craving a better driver to create competition alongside Hamilton
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Apr - 22:13

Take away Alonso, Vettel, Raikonnen and perhaps Ricciardo.

The rest are roughly equal to Rosberg at best
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Apr - 22:16

CaledonianCraig wrote:
GSC wrote:They don't have to move heaven and earth, hes contracted to 2017.

He isn't a top end driver, I said as much last year, but he's a good #2 and he delivers the points Merc need to win the WCC comfortably. Not entirely sure where this round of Rosberg bashing is coming from really.

GSC as you well know F1 contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. A good No.2 but is that really what Mercedes want especially if Hamilton's contract talks somehow went jubblies up? Not bashing just a stark case of facing reality as, after all, Mark Webber had his fair share of knockers (no not man boobs) as well.

If Hamilton leaves that'll change things. A clear #1 and 2 favors teams chasing a WCC
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Tue 14 Apr - 11:14

GSC wrote:Take away Alonso, Vettel, Raikonnen and perhaps Ricciardo.

Do you really think Hamilton and Rosberg, "are roughly equal", when Hammy won twice as many races as Rosberg last season in the same car?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 14 Apr - 11:23

Surely even GSC didnt mean that.

Alonso, vettel and lewis are the proven class racers in the field, verstappen , bottas and riccardo are the future and Raikkonen is good when he wants to be but is now past his peak.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr - 11:36

I'd expect the 2016 line up to look like this, with Button/Kimi retiring

Mercedes - Hamilton/Rosberg
Ferrari - Vettel/ ?
McLaren - Alonso/Bottas
Red Bull - Ricciardo/Verstappen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 14 Apr - 12:33

Hulkenberg at Ferrari, but perhaps a little early to be speaking about 2016 when we are only three races into 2015!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 14 Apr - 12:58

LiamB wrote:This isn't a case of senseless bashing at Rosberg. He hasn’t merely made himself sound absurd, accusing the actual race victor, the driver who reached the chequered flag quickest of all, of driving too slowly, but he has also made the cardinal sin of effectively admitting in public, that Hamilton has got inside his head.

You must be merely feeling sorry for a clearly inept driver who is now resorting to complaining every time he loses. It's such sour grapes, he would of slowed if the boot was on the other foot & he's now rapidly becoming the laughing stock that Webber unfortunately became.

I'm talking about one specific race.

But don't let me stop your mindless anti-Nico rantings...because thats obviously easier than trying to think about the reasons for situations arising and drivers' responses to them.

I don't feel sorry for him - I just think he had a legitimate complaint on this occasion. I haven't forgotten his stunts last season, which cost Lewis in qualifying and races.

Also not sensible to compare Nico with Mark. Although they were in similar situations, in as much as they were paired with superior team mates, RB operated a #1 and #2 driver policy, which meant Webber was further handicapped by team strategy and development being built around Vettel. So there was more reason to feel sorry for him.

I'm pretty sure you are one of a minority who thought him a laughing stock.

Nico doesn't have those disadvantages and therefore doesn't have the same excuses Webber had. As to whether he becomes a laughing stock...guess we'll just have to see if the shenanigans of last season are repeated.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Apr - 13:13

erictheblueuk wrote:
GSC wrote:Take away Alonso, Vettel, Raikonnen and perhaps Ricciardo.

Do you really think Hamilton and Rosberg, "are roughly equal", when Hammy won twice as many races as Rosberg last season in the same car?

Should probably read the list of drivers I was responding to.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 14 Apr - 13:53

dyrewolfe wrote:

Nico doesn't have those disadvantages and therefore doesn't have the same excuses Webber had. As to whether he becomes a laughing stock...guess we'll just have to see if the shenanigans of last season are repeated.

I agree calling either Rosberg or Webber a laughing stock is just going way too far.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2