The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

+8
GSC
sportform
banbrotam
mystiroakey
CaledonianCraig
liverbnz
dyrewolfe
Fernando
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. Empty Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by Fernando Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:55 am

F1 makes its annual trip through the smog of downtown Shanghai to the Shanghai International Circuit for the third race of the 2015 season.

Built at a cost of $450m, the venue opened in 2004, hosting its inaugural grand prix that September

The 2015 Chinese GP in a nutshell

Track: Shanghai International Circuit. Permanent circuit.

Race start time: 7am UK time Sunday (2pm local).

Laps: 56.

Track length: 5.451 km.

Tyre allocation: Medium (white) and Soft (yellow).

DRS Zones: Two with separate detection points (Pit Straight and between Turns 13 and 14).

Driver steward: TBA.

Lap record: Michael Schumacher - 1:32.238 (Ferrari; 2004).

2014 pole: Lewis Hamilton - 1:53.860 (Mercedes).

Form guide

Lewis Hamilton took his third victory in China last year to become the most successful driver at the Shanghai venue. Fernando Alonso is the only other multiple winner of the race, while Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have all won the race on one occasion.

2014 result: 1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 3. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 4. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull); 5. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 6. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India); 7. Valtteri Bottas (Williams); 8. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari); 9. Sergio Perez (Force India); 10. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso).

Last five winners in China: 2014: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2013: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 2012: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 2011: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren); 2010: Jenson Button (McLaren); 2009: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull);

Tyre allocation

Pirelli will bring the white-marked medium and yellow-banded soft compounds to the Shanghai circuit.

“The weather tends to be quite unpredictable in China, although generally we can expect to see temperatures that are significantly cooler than those we experienced in Malaysia," said the Italian firm's motorsport director Paul Hembery.

"Last year we had reasonably stable weather conditions in China whereas in previous years it has been more up and down – so this throws in a very interesting variable. The front-left tyre is the most stressed in Shanghai, while the traction demands of the circuit also give a lot of work to the rear tyres. Although we haven’t actually yet seen a very hot Chinese Grand Prix during our time in Formula 1, if you look at the weather history there is potential for this to happen as well.

"This would make things very difficult for the tyres – Shanghai is a big, open circuit and if you add in heat, it creates a lot of energy – but we’ve seen from Malaysia that these tyres will rise to the challenge. As Shanghai is a large circuit there’s plenty of opportunity for overtaking and big on-track battles. Strategy-wise, we’d normally expect a two-stop race.”

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. Empty Re: Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Vettel is playing down his chances of repeating his win in Malaysia, so presumably Ferrari know their car won't be as competitive in Shanghai...or that the tyres won't work as well for them.

IIRC we've also seen one or two wet races / quali sessions, which could make things a bit more interesting.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke. Empty Re: Chinese GP Thread contains Spoilers of Race/Qualifying (who cares about practice) - Sponsored by my local chinese takeaway run by the weird Korean Bloke.

Post by liverbnz Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 pm

No rain expected till Sunday evening - obviously. Merc 1-2. See you in Bahrain Smile

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:46 am

Hamilton dominated Rosberg, but Ferrari looked fairly decent, might be interesting come Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Did Rosberg have issues, if not, then today was just awful from him. Mercedes are about a second quicker on the best tyre in Hamilton's hands, on the slower tyre though, Ferrari look about even with Mercedes. Hope Kimi can perform this weekend, he needs to start showing results.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Well on the evidence of the last race and what we have seen so far in China then Mercedes domination is nowhere near the level of last year. They still have the advantage but it is no longer a case of turn up and pick up the win.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:23 pm

It's playing into Hamilton's hands, he must be loving Ferrari's increased competitiveness. Rosberg, on this form, is in danger of backing into Ferrari & being embarrassed even more. Just strolling into second & losing just seven points a race to Lewis, like he did last year, will be more difficult now.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:09 pm

LiamB wrote:It's playing into Hamilton's hands, he must be loving Ferrari's increased competitiveness. Rosberg, on this form, is in danger of backing into Ferrari & being embarrassed even more. Just strolling into second & losing just seven points a race to Lewis, like he did last year, will be more difficult now.

Hmmm no I think Hamilton will be concerned about the progress made by Ferrari. I think you got the gist of that over the radio conversations in Malaysia. I think he knows he has the beating of Rosberg but an emerging Ferrari team in the mix upsets things a bit I would say.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I think he knows he has the beating of Rosberg but an emerging Ferrari team in the mix upsets things a bit I would say.

Hamilton's main rival is Rosberg & will be for the remainder of the season. Let's not get carried away, the Ferrari is still a way off the Mercedes, especially in normal conditions. If Lewis has got the beating of Rosberg, then he also has the beating of Ferrari, so I'm not sure he will be too worried. The only issue Hamilton had last year was a DNF & the issue of Rosberg always achieving second & only losing seven points each race. If Lewis does his job & wins the race, having Ferrari battling Rosberg & potentially taking points off Nico, can only be a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:39 pm

LiamB wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I think he knows he has the beating of Rosberg but an emerging Ferrari team in the mix upsets things a bit I would say.

Hamilton's main rival is Rosberg & will be for the remainder of the season. Let's not get carried away, the Ferrari is still a way off the Mercedes, especially in normal conditions. If Lewis has got the beating of Rosberg, then he also has the beating of Ferrari, so I'm not sure he will be too worried. The only issue Hamilton had last year was a DNF & the issue of Rosberg always achieving second & only losing seven points each race. If Lewis does his job & wins the race, having Ferrari battling Rosberg & potentially taking points off Nico, can only be a good thing.

Well it cannot be denied however you look at it that he'll not be as confident as he was at the start of the season. Even Mercedes boss's are saying they have to buck their ideas up and regain that complete domination. Three races in and they have been beaten fair and square in one of those races - already that says a lot plus from practice sessions here it wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari split Mercedes here.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:33 am

Ferrari had to utilise then softs q1 to get through.merc the only team that didn't and qualified comfortably.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:08 am

3/3 for Lewis in poles.

Rosberg got close but no cigar.

Ferrari are no way near on qualy pace, but seem to be better in race pace. All the same I can't see past LH tommorow.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Rosbergs only hope is to get past Hamilton at the start, as I fear for him if the Ferrari's can keep him honest for half the race

It'll be interesting to see if the gap has really closed enough for Rosberg to be have no guarantee of the constant second places he's had during the last year or so

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am

How boring save fuel, save tyres, press this button to overtake is. F1 is supposed to be the best of motor racing. Stop being so conservative. Stop having gimmicks, let's have the best possibles, cars, engines, tyres, chassis... and let them race.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:13 am

Has rosberg completely giving up on real racing(overtaking). And pinned all his hopes on an undercut

If the roles were reversed Lewis would be all over rosbergs gearbox.

Lewis was allways maintaining a 2 second lead and conserved his tyres well. When threatened to lose strategy advantage and speed up , he blew rosberg to pieces, rosberg couldn't match it anyway.. Yet was still givien first Pit to protect him from ferrari. It still didn't make any difference to Lewis who is clearly handling this car very conservatively because he doesn't have to do any more. There isn't any competition here for him

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am

Hamilton controlled the race from the front and Rosberg had no answer. Ferrari - another solid showing from them and at least they are keeping Mercedes relatively honest. Vettel - solid and Raikkonen having his best race in quite some time. Williams were in a lonely race of their own, too quick for those behind them and too slow for those in front but good reliability. As for McLaren their problems continue but at times there were promising signs this weekend. I am fairly confident McLaren will pick up some form of points before the season ends.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 am

Yup, back to the yawnfests.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:32 am

Decent race, had the chance to spice up, but Hamilton had it easily controlled, Ferrari were never really going to challenge. Rosberg acting pathetically again, moaning & complaining about Lewis' tyre management & the media all over it. Psychologically Rosberg has completely gone.

Other than that, not much happened, Verstappen looked classy again & once again the embarrassing Renault engine failed him.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Another boring race, i haven't enjoyed a season since 2010. The field spread is ridiculous, of course that's not Mercedes or Ferrari's fault but it's still dissapointing. I find myself just watching older races and missing the live ones. I mean you have Mclaren as backmarkers, teenagers coming in and being straight on the pace, get back to re fueling, get rid of driver aids and most of all get rid of DRS, overtaking is an art and a skill, if you are out of a position with a faster car then tough, fight your way through. 

Just sick of the current procession. 

Also why is Maldonado still in F1, he is a moron!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:31 pm

monty junior wrote:Another boring race, i haven't enjoyed a season since 2010. The field spread is ridiculous, of course that's not Mercedes or Ferrari's fault but it's still dissapointing. I find myself just watching older races and missing the live ones. I mean you have Mclaren as backmarkers, teenagers coming in and being straight on the pace, get back to re fueling, get rid of driver aids and most of all get rid of DRS, overtaking is an art and a skill, if you are out of a position with a faster car then tough, fight your way through. 

Just sick of the current procession. 

Also why is Maldonado still in F1, he is a moron!

I'd agree with a lot of that except I'd say that McLaren as backmarkers well I see nothing wrong with that as no team should be guaranteed success on basis of their history and today was NOT Maldonado's fault (if we are talking the Button incident) as Jenson admitted being at fault and the stewards have punished him not Maldonado.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:18 pm

It's still entertaining. But only because Rosberg is becoming the Alan Partridge of F1

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Just embarrassing complaining about Hamilton's tactics today, what does he expect Lewis to do? Since the team radio aiding has gone, it's been a massive downhill trend for Rosberg. He's only won one race in the last ten or so, in a dominant car. He lacks the ability, skill of Hamilton & now he's psychologically imploded. Throw in some competition from Ferrari & he's turning into quite a comical figure with his cry baby complaints. Mercedes should be looking at replacing Nico at the end of the season, if anything, he's a weak link now having turned into the new Webber after continual punishment at the hands of Lewis.

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:59 pm

LiamB wrote:Just embarrassing complaining about Hamilton's tactics today, what does he expect Lewis to do? Since the team radio aiding has gone, it's been a massive downhill trend for Rosberg. He's only won one race in the last ten or so, in a dominant car. He lacks the ability, skill of Hamilton & now he's psychologically imploded. Throw in some competition from Ferrari & he's turning into quite a comical figure with his cry baby complaints. Mercedes should be looking at replacing Nico at the end of the season, if anything, he's a weak link now having turned into the new Webber after continual punishment at the hands of Lewis.

I was never a Webber fan, but at least he had some mileage in his greivances as Vettel was at least slightly favoured and so some of his frustratiosn were valid

Rosberg makes Webber look as chilled as Kimi Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:28 pm

Not really a whole lot to add, other than Verstappen was probably the most exciting thing in the race...the new last of the late brakers... Wink

A real shame his engine let go when it did. His driving style is reminiscent of drivers from the 80s, back when you had to use brute force and skill to get past...no DRS available back then (of course back then car aerodynamics didn't create as much turbulence).

Still, it was refreshing to see a rookie unafraid to have a go.

Other than that, a real yawn fest...so much so I did actually nod off for half an hour or so.

As for the folks having a go at Rosberg...have you considered both drivers may have been under orders to conserve their tyres during that stint?

Nico could have tried to have a go at Hamilton, but ruined his tyres in the process, leaving him even more vulnerable to Vettel. Also, forcing Hamilton to defend would have worn his tyres quicker, basically wrecking the whole team strategy.

Since we don't know exactly what instructions were in force (though Nico alluded to it in the interview) its harsh to call him a crybaby. Given the team actually ordered Hamilton to pick up his pace, I think we can assume Nico's complaint wasn't entirely unreasonable.

If you want someone to blame...blame the rules that impose these ridiculous limitations on the teams, forcing them to conserve tyres and fuel and meaning they can't race on the limit most of the time.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Not really a whole lot to add, other than Verstappen was probably the most exciting thing in the race...the new last of the late brakers... Wink

A real shame his engine let go when it did. His driving style is reminiscent of drivers from the 80s, back when you had to use brute force and skill to get past...no DRS available back then (of course back then car aerodynamics didn't create as much turbulence).

Still, it was refreshing to see a rookie unafraid to have a go.

Other than that, a real yawn fest...so much so I did actually nod off for half an hour or so.

As for the folks having a go at Rosberg...have you considered both drivers may have been under orders to conserve their tyres during that stint?

Nico could have tried to have a go at Hamilton, but ruined his tyres in the process, leaving him even more vulnerable to Vettel. Also, forcing Hamilton to defend would have worn his tyres quicker, basically wrecking the whole team strategy.

Since we don't know exactly what instructions were in force (though Nico alluded to it in the interview) its harsh to call him a crybaby. Given the team actually ordered Hamilton to pick up his pace, I think we can assume Nico's complaint wasn't entirely unreasonable.

If you want someone to blame...blame the rules that impose these ridiculous limitations on the teams, forcing them to conserve tyres and fuel and meaning they can't race on the limit most of the time.

Your points are valid. But the problem is whilst we're all moaning at how passive the teams are, how about shining that torch at drivers like Rosberg / Massa etc, who basically have to spoon-fed how to race?

Hamilton's tactics, in a free F1 world, should indeed have been to slow the pace enough to make his chief rival vulnerable to Vettel. If he did then he's gone up even more in my estimation. I doubt it and as you pointed out, ended up getting told to up the pace by his team

Fact is Rosberg had no credible reason for moaning about Hamilton, when he's not even bothering trying to overtake him

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm

The press conference was embarrassing for Rosberg, even Vettel was smirking all the way through Nico's answer. 'Lewis showed how he was only looking out for himself, compromised my race & didn't do the best for the team' lol on so many levels. Does he not know he's involved in a driver championship battle?

Rosberg blaming everyone but himself this weekend, Lewis in the race & his team during q3 for making him rush his out lap. Its pathetic seeing him continue with this compromised rubbish, if the boot was on the other foot, Lewis would on overtaken Rosberg & got it done, like he did multiple times last season, instead we hear this babyish radio communication asking for help. Rosberg is never a world champion in a million years & if anything is now beginning to tarnish the image of Mercedes with these sour grape antics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Yeah, that press conference was awful viewing, Hamilton replying & basically saying along the lines of, 'I'm not here to babysit Nico's race & help him, I'm here to win a championship for myself'. The difference between these two's mentality is huge, simply one is a champion, the other is an average driver.

Rosberg just looks in a no win situation at Mercedes, up against a superior driver. Even if Rosberg grabs pole, you'd still think Lewis was favourite for the race & that says it all. Not sure how long Rosberg can take this battering, as it's been said, psychologically he's floundering & performances have dipped massively, compared to last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:04 am

He has never once made an overtake stick on Lewis.

Lewis has been in that position behind nico many times- and he has mashed his tyres getting past him, then defended last stint to stay on top when rosberg's tyres were better. Rosberg isn't willing to do that- because he cant i suppose. He is pinning all his hopes on a few victories from pole, a few retirements for Lewis and every other race a comfortable second spot.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:He has never once made an overtake stick on Lewis.

Lewis has been in that position behind nico many times- and he has mashed his tyres getting past him, then defended last stint to stay on top when rosberg's tyres were better. Rosberg isn't willing to do that- because he cant i suppose. He is pinning all his hopes on a few victories from pole, a few retirements for Lewis and every other race a comfortable second spot.

There's no doubt Rosberg isn't the racer Lewis is...hence why he needs to win poles to stand any chance of winning races.

On this occasion though I think there is a lot of senseless Nico-bashing going on.

Mercedes were going through a tyre-saving phase and if he'd tried to fight with Lewis for the lead, both drivers would have ended up wearing their tyres out faster, possibly compromising the team's race strategy...so for me he was in a no-win situation. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I think he did the only sensible thing and asked the team to get Lewis to pick up the pace...which was what happened in the end, so it can't have been an unreasonable request.

For me this incident is more of a sad reflection on the state F1 is in at the moment, with so many rules and regulations that conspire to prevent competitive on-track racing...certainly among the top teams where margins can be so small and any mistakes hugely costly, when titles are at stake.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 pm

The major issue is the same one that's stood for the last 6 years.

A monopoly just isn't entertaining. For all the complaints about tyre and fuel etc, itd still be great viewing if multiple teams were going for wins. Very rarely have we had that lately, 2012 was probably the closest. Generally we've had one team ahead of the rest with a clear #1 and #2 in the team.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:15 pm

This isn't a case of senseless bashing at Rosberg. He hasn’t merely made himself sound absurd, accusing the actual race victor, the driver who reached the chequered flag quickest of all, of driving too slowly, but he has also made the cardinal sin of effectively admitting in public, that Hamilton has got inside his head.

You must be merely feeling sorry for a clearly inept driver who is now resorting to complaining every time he loses. It's such sour grapes, he would of slowed if the boot was on the other foot & he's now rapidly becoming the laughing stock that Webber unfortunately became.

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Merc should ditch him and put a better driver in his seat.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:40 pm

If anything its a sign of how much Ferrari rattled Merc in Malaysia
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:43 pm

It sounds like more of a team orders thing. Imagine they were given a delta time to stick to and to stay in formation unless they dropped the Ferraris. Hamilton must've been driving below the delta, whether to back Rosberg up or to conserve tyre life only he'll know
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Rosberg just isn't up to the job. Consistently, out-raced and out-performed when it matters most by Hamilton. If I were Mercedes I'd be looking elsewhere for another driver for next year. To be honest I just think he cannot cope with the demands and pressure. He is now at THE top team in F1 where failure is not an option and he is just not coming close enough to rattling Hamilton's cage.

Do you know what? I'd love to see Vettel at Mercedes next year. That would make for a spine-tingling contest.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Rosberg is contracted to 2017. Who would be a credible, realistic replacement, F1 is not blessed with huge talent in my opinion lower down the order, the likes of Kubica have gone, Hulkenberg has stagnated & there is really only Bottas, who I still have a ? over. Others to be considered could be Grosjean & verstappen, although he's still very young for that step up. Kimi will be retiring too, so a seat at Ferrari will also be on offer, come season end.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Teams aren't looking for two #1s. Rosberg delivers enough podiums to secure the constructors so there's little motivation to move him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 pm

GSC wrote:Teams aren't looking for two #1s. Rosberg delivers enough podiums to secure the constructors so there's little motivation to move him.

I do get what you are saying but there will come a time when the team get fed up with the friction between the drivers and it is inevitable that it is Rosberg that will be moved along.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
GSC wrote:Teams aren't looking for two #1s. Rosberg delivers enough podiums to secure the constructors so there's little motivation to move him.

I do get what you are saying but there will come a time when the team get fed up with the friction between the drivers and it is inevitable that it is Rosberg that will be moved along.

Are you sure about that though Lewis has a history of inside team issues (you can't blame it on 1 person if it keeps happening) Let's face it Nico he's an "average driver" yet still comfortably coming 2nd.

With F1 being a money sport wouldn't surprise me at all if moved Lewis on if could get a Bottas/Ricciardo (If RB leave) Hamilton wants 30m a season apparently id guess Ricciardo & Bottas are on a 3rd of that at best and could do a very similar job on a cheaper deal,

I believe i saw Button saying he could be pricing himself out of a contract:

It is a little tricky for a driver when a team are that competitive because he is obviously asking for something above what he was on before,”

“And the team will say they don’t need to pay him that because if he was not there, they could say the other guy in the team would win the races he won.

He does expect him to stay though Very Happy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Fernando in the here and now Mercedes want the best drivers and that does NOT include Rosberg now - that much is obvious. I think Nico was there by chance really - a team member when the team weren't so competitive and has remained part of the furniture. Perhaps he felt (as a German) in a largely German-based team he'd be given preferential treatment as they looked to have a German world champion but Nico is not up to the job. Sorry but he strikes me as a little spoilt. Into F1 with a famous dad and thoughts that he'd follow him to the title but he's never really struck me as having the balls for the job.

As for Hamilton at Mercedes well who knows what the situation is there? But ask Mercedes now who they would prefer to retain and it is a no-brainer. What I do know is that Nico will never be world champion so why would Mercedes move heaven and earth to keep him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:15 pm

I have no problem with Nico though just a problem with people who feel he is a potential world champion. He's never looked like world champion material to me - a decent F1 driver? Yes? A great F1 driver? Hmm not so sure. I mean I could think of perhaps six or eight current F1 drivers who would do a better job in such a supreme car.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:18 pm

They don't have to move heaven and earth, hes contracted to 2017.

He isn't a top end driver, I said as much last year, but he's a good #2 and he delivers the points Merc need to win the WCC comfortably. Not entirely sure where this round of Rosberg bashing is coming from really.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 pm

If they wanted the best drivers they wouldn't have given Nico a new contract. Realistically they want a no.2 weather Nico is no.1 with a new partner or he plays no.2 for Lewis

He wasn't there by chance(If anything Lewis is he took the chance Mercedes Engine would be dominant) Nico performed well at Williams and moved up as you'd expect to considering Williams were average and Mercedes slightly better towards the top end after that he's helped develop the car towards the front of the grid. Teams will always reward commitment he's been there through the good & crap times.

It's easy to say who would Mercedes rather retain the problem is Nico is tied down and they won't pay him off & Lewis isn't tied down and if it continues over the season before his signed his contract then i wouldn't be surprised if goes out the door and replaced with Bottas/Ricciardo type on a cheaper deal.

If Bernie gets his grubby hands on the regulations again it might not be a bad thing to be towards end of contract Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 pm

The feminists are out in force complaining about Lewis spraying the Grid Girl in the face with Champagne yesterday...

a leading group which campaigns against sexism has condemned Hamilton's 'selfish and inconsiderate' actions, saying he should be forced to apologise for 'specially directing' the bubbly into the woman's face.
Others have called the driving ace an 'embarrassment to the UK', while another said his behaviour showed that he was an 'ignorant clown'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3037263/Stick-cork-Lewis-Formula-One-ace-Lewis-Hamilton-sprays-hostess-girl-face-champagne-winning-Chinese-Grand-Prix.html#ixzz3XDhKxKZf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Its an overreaction, but podium girls are a bit outdated to be honest
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Embarrassing story. It's included in the job advert that you are likely to get sprayed & wet in the face. Pathetic stuff, if anything she's made the news & can tell all her friends

As for Lewis' contract, could be ingenious moving to Ferrari, who could end the Mercedes domination next season. On the hand it could be a terrible choice, but that's F1, its all about timing. One thing is for sure Hamilton wouldn't shy away from partnering Vettel.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:20 pm

GSC wrote:They don't have to move heaven and earth, hes contracted to 2017.

He isn't a top end driver, I said as much last year, but he's a good #2 and he delivers the points Merc need to win the WCC comfortably. Not entirely sure where this round of Rosberg bashing is coming from really.

GSC as you well know F1 contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. A good No.2 but is that really what Mercedes want especially if Hamilton's contract talks somehow went jubblies up? Not bashing just a stark case of facing reality as, after all, Mark Webber had his fair share of knockers (no not man boobs) as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

GSC as you well know F1 contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. A good No.2 but is that really what Mercedes want especially if Hamilton's contract talks somehow went jubblies up? Not bashing just a stark case of facing reality as, after all, Mark Webber had his fair share of knockers (no not man boobs) as well.

If Hamilton's talks goes jubblies up then they sign Bottas or Ricciardo (if RB fold) alternatively wouldn't be surprised if Alonso tried to get out of his Mclaren deal all would be adequate replacements that would do a job to win races on a 1/3 of the money id expect.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Fernando wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

If Hamilton's talks goes jubblies up then they sign Bottas or Ricciardo (if RB fold) alternatively wouldn't be surprised if Alonso tried to get out of his Mclaren deal all would be adequate replacements that would do a job to win races on a 1/3 of the money id expect.

And all those you mention I'd say with confidence would also have the beating of Rosberg and he'd be remaining as No.2. This is why I stand by my prediction he will never win a world championship. For Nico to change perceptions about him around he needs to grow a pair. Instead of whinging try overtaking would be a good start but of course does he have that in is armoury? I think not.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next