The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Roach

+14
Strongback
mobilemaster8
.aveyard2.0
Dipper Brown
KO-KING
catchweight
ONETWOFOREVER
B.A. BARACUS
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
tunes666
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
18 posters

Go down

Freddie Roach Empty Freddie Roach

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

I get the hate for Mayweather, he has done some horrible things outside the ring and maybe according to some, hasn't always been the most exciting boxer.

However has anybody been keeping up to date with the trash talk of Freddie Roach since this fight has been announced.

Honestly, every day i read something new about how Pac is going to kill Floyd and how Floyd would be better if he trained him.

I think Pacquiao is a great fighter and seems quite modest but Roach has seriously put me off him.

Why do you think Roach is doing so much trash talking? Is it to hype the fight? In my opinion no, because this fight doesn't need any more hype, hence Floyd being more quiet.

Personally I think he is very anxious about this fight, otherwise he would just Say Manny is going to win and leave it like that until the fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach Empty Re: Freddie Roach

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

Well Manny is not the most accomplished trash talker.

Well all know what the Mayweather camp is like, he's probs just talking the heat off his fighter.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

I've said it elsewhere but I think he's worried that his greatest charge is going to get beat. Suppose his hope is to wind Floyd up that much that the red mist descends and he just comes out swinging (not gonna happen.)

Same with the bunch of excuses coming out from the Pac fans too (not all I may add), we need a decent ref, hope the judges are fair, don't let Floyd clinch, who's in Floyds corner etc. It's a list of ready made excuses so IF he loses (still a close fight imo) they can continue to live in cloud cuckoo land.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:56 am

I get that but Roach is talking more trash than all the Mayweathers put together.

I really do think he is nervous

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

Derbymanc wrote:I've said it elsewhere but I think he's worried that his greatest charge is going to get beat. Suppose his hope is to wind Floyd up that much that the red mist descends and he just comes out swinging (not gonna happen.)

Same with the bunch of excuses coming out from the Pac fans too (not all I may add), we need a decent ref, hope the judges are fair, don't let Floyd clinch, who's in Floyds corner etc. It's a list of ready made excuses so IF he loses (still a close fight imo) they can continue to live in cloud cuckoo land.

I personally think floyd is staying quiet and is trying to stay focused. Freddie is trying to get in the Mayweathers head but he is playing a dangerous game.

He is going to work himself up so much it is going to transfer over to his fighter. I normally don't look into prefight nonsense too much but I honestly think Floyd is going to destroy this guy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:15 am

He can say what he likes, the fight is going to be an anti climax with Floyd shutting him off for 12 rounds while maybe KOing him late on as Manny comes forward... why do people still say Manny is faster than Floyd?, it was all about his foot speed and movement which has clearly declined and why Floyd is now taking the fight...

I think Roach knows Manny is no longer as good but is selling the fight as you would expect.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:47 am

Uh

We're talking about Freddie Roach here. He's always trash talking. "Martinez is a great athlete, but this isn't soccer". He called Dela Hoya washed up the entire build up.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:51 am

Yeah true but I think a lot of Manny hate comes from this guy.

He mouths off more than Mayweather. Maybe not at press conferences etc but in the media he is deadly. To be honest I think he has a huge ego.

He always says this is the biggest challenge of my life. Not the biggest challenge in Mannys.

If Pacquiao wins fair play to the guy, he is an exciting fighter and seems a pretty decent guy however I could care less about Roach. He is obsessed with beating Mayweather and no doubt he will look for the praise if manny pulls it off.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

Out of pure interest, Adam....

what exactly makes you think Mayweather will "destroy" Pacquiao? Outclassed... Maybe, but destroyed? Don't know who the last fighter was that Floyd destroyed. Alvarez looked like he could get on the cover GQ after their fight. Hasn't knocked anyone down this decade... hasn't knocked anyone out since Ortiz, and he needed to bites at the cherry to do that against a fighter with his guard down.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:03 am

Nonplussed really. Could just as well point to Floyd's team, and mention he's had a best bud who killed his girlfriend with Floyd on the line. His dad is a womanbeater, and a former pusher, his uncle beat a female fighter under his tutelage etc. All much worse than running your mouth.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:03 am

kingraf wrote:Out of pure interest, Adam....

what exactly makes you think Mayweather will "destroy" Pacquiao? Outclassed... Maybe, but destroyed? Don't know who the last fighter was that Floyd destroyed. Alvarez looked like he could  get on the cover GQ after their fight. Hasn't knocked anyone down this decade... hasn't knocked anyone out since Ortiz, and he needed to bites at the cherry to do that against a fighter with his guard down.

Destroyed not a great word. I just think Manny is going to eat right hands all night.

4 or five years ago it would of been close in my opinion. Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out because I think when he has a clear lead, he is happy to coast to a decision.

Reason Floyd stopped Hatton is because Hatton kept coming and is around Floyds size. Manny will keep coming and is the smaller man. Plus look at the ko Manny suffered Raf. That will definitely have done him some lasting damage.

Floyd isn't a huge puncher but is accurate and just think if he fights with more aggression, then he can get the stoppage.

I have picked Floyd to win a stoppage since before the fight has been announced.

If I am wrong and Manny wins, I will happily come on here and congratulate the better fighter and admit I was well wrong.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

Who cares..............Say one thing though he talks better than he could fight..

Remember watching Haugen punch the s**t out of him.....

Still top fighters don't usually make top coaches...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:29 am

Don't particulary care that much just think he is very anxious.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:31 am

50/50 this fight for me.............

It''ll either be ...........Honey v Starling............

Or another...............Manny v Clottey............

When fighters are 37 and 35 you never know If one will have been to the well too much....

Like I said Adam.....................Manny loses he was past it..............Manny wins he was the best all along..

Filipino friend has nothing to lose..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

I think it is 80-20 for me Truss. Maybe 60-40 few years back.

Do agree about Floyd having more to lose though.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

AdamT wrote:I think it is 80-20 for me Truss. Maybe 60-40 few years back.

One day you're lifting 308 on the bench press in the gym...............One day you get up and you can't lift it anymore......I know all about what age can do to performance...

Manny can create a good pace and avoid Starling-Honey counters......I can't see him losing...

Floyd has to dissuade his advances by punishing mistakes...Let him know If he keeps coming in he'll be punished !!........

As you get older seeing the opening and being quick enough to take advantage becomes a problem.............

I'm leaning towards Manny...........But only slightly...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I think it is 80-20 for me Truss. Maybe 60-40 few years back.

One day you're lifting 308 on the bench press in the gym...............One day you get up and you can't lift it anymore......I know all about what age can do to performance...

Manny can create a good pace and avoid Starling-Honey counters......I can't see him losing...

Floyd has to dissuade his advances by punishing mistakes...Let him know If he keeps coming in he'll be punished !!........

As you get older seeing the opening and being quick enough to take advantage becomes a problem.............

I'm leaning towards Manny...........But only slightly...

Manny only a couple years younger Truss and been in more fights but can't argue with your logic. Age doesn't wait for anybody, no matter how great!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:56 am

The comments and social media snippets of training coming out of both camps are painting an interesting picture with regards to how each team is approaching this fight.

Mayweather seems extremely focused and thus far is the embodiment of professionalism. His level of preparation and dedication to his craft is fantastic to behold.

Admittedly, these bite size montages of each fighters training camps are carefully produced by their respective teams, however they still give an insight into how each man is progressing.

From what i have seen so far, it appears Mayweather is the hungrier of the two fighters - this may be because he feels he has more to lose from being defeated.

Whilst Mayweather has shown himself pounding the streets of vegas at 4AM, Manny's updates have included clips of him going on various runs with the obligatory large entourage in tow.

His outdoor public workouts, complete with a multitude of hangers on all joining in whilst he goes through his exercises, have the air of a social get together and seem to be lacking any real guts.

The clips of him shadow boxing have left me underwhelmed - he looks flat footed and the lightning flurries he performs are no longer the awe inspiring sight they used to be.

Roach has alluded to his frustration in a recent interview that Manny seems to have lost his killer instinct and in recent fights has been prone to bouts of empathy for his opponents.

He states that he is trying to instil Manny with an anger and hatred towards Mayweather and his flashy lifestyle, in an effort to get Manny fired up for his 'greatest challenge' - judging by what i have seen to far it appears he is not succeeding.

I am not a fan of Mayweather and will be rooting for Manny but i think Floyd's preparation will ensure he comes into the fight in sublime shape and taking nothing for granted.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

B.A. BARACUS wrote:The comments and social media snippets of training coming out of both camps are painting an interesting picture with regards to how each team is approaching this fight.

Mayweather seems extremely focused and thus far is the embodiment of professionalism. His level of preparation and dedication to his craft is fantastic to behold.  

Admittedly, these bite size montages of each fighters training camps are carefully produced by their respective teams, however they still give an insight into how each man is progressing.

From what i have seen so far, it appears Mayweather is the hungrier of the two fighters - this may be because he feels he has more to lose from being defeated.

Whilst Mayweather has shown himself pounding the streets of vegas at 4AM, Manny's updates have included clips of him going on various runs with the obligatory large entourage in tow.

His outdoor public workouts, complete with a multitude of hangers on all joining in whilst he goes through his exercises, have the air of a social get together and seem to be lacking any real guts.  

The clips of him shadow boxing have left me underwhelmed - he looks flat footed and the lightning flurries he performs are no longer the awe inspiring sight they used to be.

Roach has alluded to his frustration in a recent interview that Manny seems to have lost his killer instinct and in recent fights has been prone to bouts of empathy for his opponents.

He states that he is trying to instil Manny with an anger and hatred towards Mayweather and his flashy lifestyle, in an effort to get Manny fired up for his 'greatest challenge' - judging by what i have seen to far it appears he is not succeeding.  

I am not a fan of Mayweather and will be rooting for Manny but i think Floyd's preparation will ensure he comes into the fight in sublime shape and taking nothing for granted.  

That is a great post and is the reason why I think Floyd will win this. He needs it and he is really hungry again.

I'm sure Manny wants to win but Floyd is more desperate. I have a feeling Floyd being extra quiet is making Roach a little nervous and that is why he proceeds to continue trash talking.

Of course this is only my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:50/50 this fight for me.............

Or another...............Manny  v Clottey............

When fighters are 37 and 35 you never know If one will have been to the well too much....

Like I said Adam.....................Manny loses he was past it..............Manny wins he was the best all along..

Your miss placed trust in Khan has RUINED your reputation as a respectable boxing fan forever.

I did try to warn you

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

AdamT wrote:
B.A. BARACUS wrote:The comments and social media snippets of training coming out of both camps are painting an interesting picture with regards to how each team is approaching this fight.

That is a great post and is the reason why I think Floyd will win this. He needs it and he is really hungry again.

I'm sure Manny wants to win but Floyd is more desperate. I have a feeling Floyd being extra quiet is making Roach a little nervous and that is why he proceeds to continue trash talking.

Of course this is only my opinion.

Call me old fashioned but I imagine Manny will try to do what he does best.....Floyd will try do what he does best...and the winner will be the guy who succeeds...

I don't think either gives a F**k what the other is saying...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:50/50 this fight for me.............

Or another...............Manny  v Clottey............

Your miss placed trust in Khan has RUINED your reputation as a respectable boxing fan forever.

I did try to warn you

Says the boards resident expert
laughing

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Call me old fashioned but I imagine Manny will try to do what he does best.....Floyd will try do what he does best...and the winner will be the guy who succeeds...

I don't think either gives a F**k what the other is saying...

Have to agree. Plus Manny has never been anything other but professional in preperation for his fights. Cant see the biggest fight of his career being any different.

Too much emphasis being place on pre-fight trash talk and snippits of training camps.

May the best man win.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 03 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm

Pacquiao is not as focussed as he once was. Politics, basketball, movies - boxing has increasingly become less of a priority for him.

His first fight was Bradley was supposedly delayed so he could watch the basketball.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 03 Apr 2015, 2:52 pm

Has freddie ever not trash talked?

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 03 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

KO-KING wrote:Has freddie ever not trashed talked?

He is at it overdrive this time.

Funny Mayweather hasn't been trash talking.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Fri 03 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

There is no question that both fighters will prepare to the best of their respective abilities, however my humble opinion is that Mayweather has the look of a man who is out to prove a point.

Although it's widely acknowledged that he stays in excellent shape between fights, his conditioning looks sublime, even at this relatively early stage of training camp.

Manny looks like he has coasted through his last couple of fights, admittedly that may well have something to do with the calibre of his opponents.

I don't believe the result of this fight is a foregone conclusion by any means - a motivated, focused and hungry Pacquiao can pose numerous problems for Mayweather.

The last time Manny looked anywhere near his devastating best, was ironically in his final outing against Marquez.

If he can bring that version of himself into the ring, with the head movement, foot speed, pressure and ability to cut off the ring, then Mayweather will have to produce something special regardless of how well prepared he is.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 03 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm

I'll agree Mayweather looks like the focused one. But you see what they want you to see. I remember watching 24/7s with Mayweather and Pacquiao in the past where they were intimating that they weren't as focused or well prepared as in the past. Of course, come fight night they both went out and won regardless.

I don't read much into what I'm seeing to be honest.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by .aveyard2.0 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 7:03 pm

Couldn't agree more with the op. I've gone from a blissful indifference to a flat out dislike of the guy (roach) He always bad mouths opponents, traps off about his predictions and has rarely (as in until the fight announced) given Floyd any credit.

I'm looking forward to the fight for two reasons.

1) I never thought we'd get to see it, I've always back Floyd to win, and with relative ease considering the size of the event
2) I can look at boxing websites without the infestation of ridiculous fan boys and their stupid nicknames, theories and he said he said cr*p

I'm personally more inclined to back Floyd, as has been mentioned his dedication is faultless, he looks to me like he knows he is the best of his generation, and winning this would rubber stamp that. Rather than feeling the pressure, he is stepping up.

I would be foolish to fully believe it's not all smoke and mirrors in the build up, maybe pac is smashing it at the same level.
.aveyard2.0
.aveyard2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm

He has been talking a LOT of trash over the past 3 or more fights.

Slated Algieri about not being the same class as Pacman...

Kept on about how JMM was lucky to get the 4th fight as he had been beaten previously handily...and that Pacman was going to knock him out because he had knocked out 16 men in training with one punch...

Said that Rios would be lucky to go past 6 rounds and he thought it would be ended early...

And now says the same about Floyd and how scared he is and how he looks bad in sparring blah blah....

I just can't wait for fight night to see it

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:59 pm

Freddie is always worth listening to unless he's talking about Manny.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sikhlion Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:18 pm

Posts from Mike tysons website appear on my facebook timeline for some reason and I've read/watched a few posts where he says Floyd Mayweather can't fight the way he normally fights to beat manny. He says that manny throws 100 punches a round whereas mayweather throws around 38 and that floyd can't afford to sit on the ropes against manny he has to throw more punches and come foreward more. Is this a valid point made by him or has floyd been tested by similar fighters before?

sikhlion

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:33 pm

Freddie is to Floyd what Roger is to Manny. From what I've seen Roger and Freddie are both yapping on so why compare Freddie to Floyd when one's a trainer and the other a boxer? Manny's not being vocal and neither is Floyd, compare them.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 04 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

Manny has been vocal. He said Floyd will be easy and he was scared to fight before.

He also said that this is far from his biggest challenge

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 04 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

AdamT wrote:Manny has been vocal. He said Floyd will be easy and he was scared to fight before.

He also said that this is far from his biggest challenge

In fairness a huge minority of one believes him............

JMM calls it for Mayweather...............Which is probably the best opinion out there...........

He's beaten Manny three times and got a masterclass off Floyd..........

When you're 37 though the well can dry at any time..

A lot of potential factors in this fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 04 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

It's worth noting what happens to D4 if Pac loses?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 04 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm

He's already made his excuses MM8 and as long as he's got his little volleyball buddy he'll be fine

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 04 Apr 2015, 5:30 pm

Roach is mouthy because he's anxious and trying to get the pressure off Manny
Roach is mouthy because he's confident and showing that to Floyd

Floyd's quiet because he's confident and focused
Floyd's quiet because having to finally take on Manny has got to him and isn't feeling as macho as usual

Clearly indicates an early one punch KO win for Mayweather.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 04 Apr 2015, 6:58 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Roach is mouthy because he's anxious and trying to get the pressure off Manny
Roach is mouthy because he's confident and showing that to Floyd

Floyd's quiet because he's confident and focused
Floyd's quiet because having to finally take on Manny has got to him and isn't feeling as macho as usual

Clearly indicates an early one punch KO win for Mayweather.

I think Manny will trip on his way to the ring, hitting his head on one of the metal barriers that keep the fans back. Floyd will then say Manny had his chance, and that he bottled it on his way to the ring and won't give him another chance.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 04 Apr 2015, 7:15 pm

I've not heard Manny say anything that i wouldn't expect from a fighter with a winners mentality, nor Floyd. Freddie and Roger, yes.

Floyd is favourite, he should be but i think Manny does believe he'll win this one, and for him JMM is a bigger

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 04 Apr 2015, 7:20 pm

... (on my phone so I'll carry on) and harder fight as he's his personal bogeyman. Probably not true but that has to be his mentality AdamT. Over the years Floyds said enough.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 05 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

I could be wrong but have a feeling Floyd will win pretty easily.

Hope I am, would love a good,competitive fight and then a big rematch is in the horizon.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down