The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread

+53
monty junior
TheCultOfPersonality
spencerclarke
BlueCoverman
Hibbz
VTR
Kay Fabe
Mad for Chelsea
Holymiky
owen10ozzy
MIG
Mat
westisbest
CFCNick
Alistair
Lowlandbrit
Hoggy_Bear
Scottrf
Nico the gman
Hero
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dr Shoe
Steffan
wheelchair1991
Crimey
Azzy
CaledonianCraig
nadeem2099
jbeadlesbigrighthand
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Fernando
Liam
Ent
Mike Selig
LivinginItaly
Good Golly I'm Olly
sportform
TRUSSMAN66
GSC
Roller_Coaster
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
Duty281
dummy_half
dyrewolfe
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
super_realist
Dave.
mystiroakey
Stella
FootballLight
57 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread - Page 3 Empty The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread

Post by FootballLight Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry 24, I'm thinking of the World Cup again.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread

Post by GSC Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

Well if Ronald McDonald didn't know who one of the Italian midfielders were, who would?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England's Passage to Paris 2016* Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:52 pm

Interesting that all you can do is criticise Carrick when everyone else is noticing how well he played and his impact on the team. At the same time love Walcott based solely on looks.

Want a right back? See who set up two goals for the u21s versus Germany.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm

To be fair, better than Phil Jones, isnt exactly a great endorsement.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 01 Apr 2015, 5:24 pm

The way he improves United is incredible. Especially just on points per game with/without Carrick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 01 Apr 2015, 5:47 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Interesting that all you can do is criticise Carrick when everyone else is noticing how well he played and his impact on the team. At the same time love Walcott based solely on looks.

Jenkinson played awesome..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm

Might of played awesome, doesn't mean anything. Clyne been head & shoulders best RB in PL, even he looks like he's not ready for the step up to international level, just yet. If Jenkinson was any good, no way Wenger would go & buy Debuchy & he's awful, so what does that say.

This is the England team most likely for France

----------------Hart-------------
Clyne-----Cahill----Jagielka---Baines
--Henderson---Carrick--Wilshere----
Sterling--------Rooney-----Welbeck

Dodgy defence & a lack of real natural goalscorers, other than Rooney, who always fails anyway at major tournaments.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:26 pm

that team isnt to bad- dont expect miracles.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 01 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

Not really sure that point makes any sense. Going by Clyne performing well in the Prem then slating Jenkinson because Wenger hasn't kept him, even though Jenkinson has arguably been our more consistent player this year and has performed against arguably the best under 21s team in the world.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Interesting that all you can do is criticise Carrick when everyone else is noticing how well he played and his impact on the team. At the same time love Walcott based solely on looks.

Carrick may have played well, but it was under no duress from the Italian opposition, and in a game played at training-ground pace. For him to be lauded for that is quite ridiculous. To say he is England's Pirlo is an insult to Pirlo; one of the finest midfielders and passers of a generation. And to say England would have won a major trophy again if Carrick had been picked more often...just no.

Gorgeous Theo has actually shown ability in an England shirt, when it mattered (Croatia and Sweden), but has been hampered by injuries, bizarre selection policy (2010), and strange tactics (being played out of position against the Italians for twenty minutes didn't help). It isn't solely looks, ya know - otherwise I would be drooling over Sterling!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm

Jenkinsons not a bad player. Chambers was a better prospect and Debuchy more experienced so one of the three had to go
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:01 am

All over for Harry Kane.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/harry-kane-burns-out-2015040196960

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 03 Apr 2015, 1:18 pm

Yep the lad can not turn water in to wine any more. What a shame. Our messiah has left us.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sun 05 Apr 2015, 1:21 pm

GSC wrote:Jenkinsons not a bad player. Chambers was a better prospect and Debuchy more experienced so one of the three had to go

Yes Hector Bellerin proved he is still better than all 3. Whistle

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 05 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Carrick may have played well, but it was under no duress from the Italian opposition, and in a game played at training-ground pace. For him to be lauded for that is quite ridiculous. To say he is England's Pirlo is an insult to Pirlo; one of the finest midfielders and passers of a generation. And to say England would have won a major trophy again if Carrick had been picked more often...just no.

Gorgeous Theo has actually shown ability in an England shirt, when it mattered (Croatia and Sweden), but has been hampered by injuries, bizarre selection policy (2010), and strange tactics (being played out of position against the Italians for twenty minutes didn't help). It isn't solely looks, ya know - otherwise I would be drooling over Sterling!

Typical England fan doesn't have a clue when it comes to central midfielders, unless a player is running around a lot, diving into tackles, hitting 30 yard shots or delivering pointless crossfield balls then he's not that good.

If Carrick was a player who was incomparable to Pirlo then i'd worry about my club teams dependency on him, the reality however is that he's the best passer of a ball England have, is calm at all times and is fairly decent in the air. I'm not suggesting that Carrick is at the level of Alonso or where Xavi once was but neither is Pirlo but he has been misused by England managers for the best part of a decade now because of Gerrard and Lampard just like Scholes was before.

You'll notice Duty how Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi and Carrick all appear to have a lot of time on the ball for two reasons, they're constantly passing and moving making time and space. It's something that players on the continent get a lot of credit for but when an English player can do it there must be a reason why because he's not that good, unless you take one of your attackers out of the game to man mark the 'quarterback' it's very difficult to stop.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 4:07 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Typical England fan doesn't have a clue when it comes to central midfielders, unless a player is running around a lot, diving into tackles, hitting 30 yard shots or delivering pointless crossfield balls then he's not that good.

I rated Paul Scholes very highly, and I don't remember him doing that an awful lot? Headscratch

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 05 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

Or winning a single Ballon D'or vote
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 21 May 2015, 12:43 pm

England Squad to play Ireland & some qualifier

Goalkeepers: Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley),

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester) Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 21 May 2015, 12:50 pm

James Vardy is in an England squad.

I cant sum up how far we've fallen better than that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 21 May 2015, 12:52 pm

GSC wrote:James Vardy is in an England squad.

I cant sum up how far we've fallen better than that

I was thinking the same. Though hard work has given him the chance.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 21 May 2015, 1:23 pm

Vardy has done well on the back end of leicester's season, offers pace and a good work rate but nowhere near international standard. The biggest load of nonsense in this squad is the omission of Ashley Young, who has been one of the best wingers in the league in the last 10-15 games. He's come off the back of two MOTM performances yet Hodgson's favourite son Townsend is still there after doing pretty much nothing all season, and also Walcott who has barely played a minute for Arsenal. What a joke.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 21 May 2015, 1:36 pm

Townsend has played well for England. To leave him out of the squad, would be cruel.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 21 May 2015, 2:00 pm

Possibly the worst England squad i've lived to see. To think none of Noble, Tomkins or Cresswell got a call up this year, but Vardy runs a lot for Leicester and they scrape survival so hes an international.

Gibbs, Walcott, Wilshere, Townsend, Mason as well. All joke picks. Jagielka shouldnt be seeing England squads again, either.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 21 May 2015, 3:35 pm

Worry not, my fellow Englishmen. This time of the year is not one to worry seriously about the status of the England squad.

I mean ten years ago, SWP, Dawson, Downing, Jenas, Johnson (both Andy and Glen!), Knight, Smith, and Young were all populating the England squad. And Phillip Neville!

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/seas2000-10/2004-05/M0827USA2005PreEng.html

Worry not. England are in France next year, and that is all that matters.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:11 pm

Shocking side & a woefully inept manager. Vardy picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:14 pm

Roy Hodgson, there's simply not enough picard facepalm's available.

A truly horrifying manager, who is taking us nowhere fast. Needed to be gone after the shambles of the WC, which was inexcusable & now we have to watch Jamie Vardy in an England shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 21 May 2015, 6:00 pm

I remember the old criticism of Hodgson - someone who had a big club bias.

It was a load of rubbish then, it still is now.

And people still complain over squad selection during two meaningless fixtures (all England fixtures are meaningless until next year, people!).

Oh and Ings/Sturridge/Berahino/Carroll/Kane are all unavailable, which is why Vardy (who has as many assists as Hazard this season) is in!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 21 May 2015, 6:10 pm

To add to Duty's point, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carrick and Young are also unavailable.

Can't understand why people are moaning about Wilshere's inclusion. He was England's best player in the games he's been made available in.

I personally think Aaron Creswell's unlucky. I rate him higher than both Bertrand and Gibbs.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 May 2015, 4:37 pm

John wrote:Roy Hodgson, there's simply not enough picard facepalm's available.

A truly horrifying manager, who is taking us nowhere fast. Needed to be gone after the shambles of the WC, which was inexcusable & now we have to watch Jamie Vardy in an England shirt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32926371

John, you have upset him now. #onlyoneroyhodgson

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 30 May 2015, 7:30 pm

Dear Roy,

Please give my boyfriend Theo another go up front. At least an hour this time.

Yours, Duty.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 May 2015, 7:33 pm

I knew some kind of post match comment like this was in the pipeline. Theo should be nowhere near the England starting line-up

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 30 May 2015, 8:01 pm

You want to know why Theo isnt a striker? Think about that shot he had just before he was subbed off. And the fact Sanchez had to go up front in the first half because Walcott was playing crud.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 30 May 2015, 8:06 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You want to know why Theo isnt a striker? Think about that shot he had just before he was subbed off.

So one poor miss and you don't qualify as being a striker?

Think about that first goal - Sturridge and Welbeck, on their unfavoured feet, would not be able to manage the same level of finesse as Theo did.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 30 May 2015, 8:15 pm

To be fair, Walcott cam play up front if it means Vardy doesn't play.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 30 May 2015, 8:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You want to know why Theo isnt a striker? Think about that shot he had just before he was subbed off.

So one poor miss and you don't qualify as being a striker?

Think about that first goal - Sturridge and Welbeck, on their unfavoured feet, would not be able to manage the same level of finesse as Theo did.

One good shot (which I by no means think he intended) and hes good enough? In a display where he was otherwise poor. That goal was the anomaly of Walcott as a striker, the miss more aligned with the rule.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jun 2015, 12:30 pm

We're playing Ireland in a bit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 07 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm

Yes we are. I just woke up and was told. I didn't even know haha. Nice surprise.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm

We look decent until Rooney gets the ball
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:16 pm

GSC wrote:We look decent until Rooney gets the ball

He ain't no Jamie Vardy buh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:20 pm

Wilsheres playing well. Hendersons done ok. Bit so so otherwise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:31 pm

Lallana is so crap
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:48 pm

This is a Poopie match
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm

god we are awful! is this the same sport as i was watching last night?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

Chuck Austin and Vardy on let's see what they've got
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:58 pm

cant be any worse

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:59 pm

Why was I told about this match. Only Wiltshire can be bothered , probally due to only just coming back. Get Walcott on ASAP. And Delph, maybe Vardy as well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 2:07 pm

Rooney is Poopie
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 07 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

been telling people that for ages having watched him every single week, i just get accused of being overly harsh on him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 2:12 pm

Its hard to believe how crap that touch really was
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 07 Jun 2015, 2:15 pm

Must be hard for Jack Wilshere, being the only player on the pitch with any technical ability.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 07 Jun 2015, 2:16 pm

What is the point of this match, the players have recently finished their season and gone on holiday so anything more than a dire performance would be a shock.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next