The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alonso's Poor Career Moves

Go down

Alonso's Poor Career Moves Empty Alonso's Poor Career Moves

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 pm

There is no doubting Fernando Alonso is a very talented F1 driver - one of the very best of recent years but boy has he made some absolutely honking career moves. What makes it worse is that I am sure he could virtually walk into any team he wanted but he has still chosen wrong at least three times that I can think of off the top of my head.

First his move from Renault (where he won his two world titles) to McLaren proved to be a bad move. There was far too much friction and animosity between him and Hamilton and he left after one season after failing to get the preferential treatment he felt he merited.

From McLaren he moved to Ferrari and that started well but tailed off in the last few years and so I would have to say that was another bad career move.

Finally, he left Ferrari to move back to McLaren with high hopes that McLaren's new partnership with Honda would be competitive enough to propel him into championship contention. Well already he must be wishing he stayed put. Whereas McLaren are nowhere and may be more in a scrap with Manor than Mercedes this season his former team Ferrari looked to have made a little progress and at least there is a fair chance they will get a win or two this season. The outlook for McLaren looks very bleak as well with people involved with the team saying they may take as long as two years to catch up to the other teams.

Thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down