The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae

+37
Submachine
Gwlad
VinceWLB
RuggerRadge2611
marty2086
lostinwales
wolfball
fa0019
rapidsnowman
bluestonevedder
GunsGerms
quinsforever
doctor_grey
TightHEAD
Pot Hale
nathan
whocares
profitius
Hound of Harrow
WELL-PAST-IT
bedfordwelsh
SecretFly
boomeranga
Rory_Gallagher
John Cregan
LondonTiger
cakeordeath
Nachos Jones
Gooseberry
TJ
The Great Aukster
Steve_rugby
toml
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
wrfc1980
Artful_Dodger
41 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae - Page 2 Empty Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 15 Feb 2015, 2:19 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/jamie-heaslip-could-miss-rest-of-six-nations-with-suspected-broken-vertebrae-1.2104645

Just thought I'd leave this here after the comments about deserving an oscar and milking it. Doubt we'll see Pape for the rest of the tournament either.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae - Page 2 Empty Re: Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:23 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Looked deliberate Wayne Barnes was again weak in making a crucial decision. Why yellow card Pape?

That act of foul play is a red or nothing.

Was Sam Warburtons red card deserved for foul play against France in RWC 2011 ?

That is a ridiculous question, the sort of trolling rubbish I detest on here..

The ref played to the letter of the law so yes. What Rolland didn't do was not make a decision by opting for a yellow card in a red or no card at all decision.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae - Page 2 Empty Re: Heaslip most likely out of 6N with suspected broken vertabrae

Post by quinsforever Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:46 pm

Knees without falling body weight don't have enough impact to fracture healthy vertebrae. Not by a long shot. Will be keenly following heaslip's diagnosis and prognosis on this one.

Claims of a red card are hilarious. Head only gets a red card. Rightly. Even a deliberate stamp a la Healy to the ankle only gets a yellow. Why should pape get more?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:03 am

quinsforever wrote:Knees without falling body weight don't have enough impact to fracture healthy vertebrae. Not by a long shot. Will be keenly following heaslip's diagnosis and prognosis on this one.

Claims of a red card are hilarious. Head only gets a red card. Rightly. Even a deliberate stamp a la Healy to the ankle only gets a yellow. Why should pape get more?

He's French?

It would certainly be reason enough if he was playing England Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 16 Feb 2015, 4:00 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Steve_rugby wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Looked deliberate Wayne Barnes was again weak in making a crucial decision. Why yellow card Pape?

The ref played to the letter of the law so yes. What Rolland didn't do was not make a decision by opting for a yellow card in a red or no card at all decision.

Yep only I'll ask the question again....does anyone actually have reference to the game management document that states a knee HAS to be red, because all it says in the laws is that it has to be a card. It wouldn't be the first time the pundits have just made something up. As someone else pointed out other strikes its commonplace for yellow cards to be used, so why are knees suddenly automatic reds or nothing?
Manoa Vosawai only got a yellow for kneeing someone at a ruck a few weeks ago in the Pro 12.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:20 am

doctor_grey wrote:From my perspective, I cannot see how we can infer from the video the knee was intentional.  It may indeed have been, but I can't tell one way or the other.  To me, this is another one of those injuries where only the perpetrator knows for sure.  Regardless, he should receive a ban.  It was reckless (at the minimum).

I have to wonder if Heaslip had a pre-existing injury of some kind.  In my experience it is fairly difficult, though not impossible, to fracture a vertebrae with that kind of impact.  The back muscles protect the spine to a certain degree.  On the other hand, the term 'vertebral fracture' can mean almost anything from a hairline fracture of one of the small processes which are part or each vertebrae or something major.  I would be shocked if he didn't have an immediate X-Ray and MRI and the results are already known.  This is another of those injuries where no chances can be taken.  Anything close to the spinal column is dangerous.  Let's hope for the best.

It is only a suspected fracture. Neymar fractured his back from a knee to the back in the football WC too. Pape is probably France's dirtiest player in a team that is usually quite clean.

I'd like to give Pape the benefit of the doubt but raising your knee and leading with it as you hit a ruck is quite suspect to say the least. If Cian Healy hit a ruck like that against England the BBC and co. would be wetting their knickers again.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:35 am

GunsGerms wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:From my perspective, I cannot see how we can infer from the video the knee was intentional.  It may indeed have been, but I can't tell one way or the other.  To me, this is another one of those injuries where only the perpetrator knows for sure.  Regardless, he should receive a ban.  It was reckless (at the minimum).

I have to wonder if Heaslip had a pre-existing injury of some kind.  In my experience it is fairly difficult, though not impossible, to fracture a vertebrae with that kind of impact.  The back muscles protect the spine to a certain degree.  On the other hand, the term 'vertebral fracture' can mean almost anything from a hairline fracture of one of the small processes which are part or each vertebrae or something major.  I would be shocked if he didn't have an immediate X-Ray and MRI and the results are already known.  This is another of those injuries where no chances can be taken.  Anything close to the spinal column is dangerous.  Let's hope for the best.

It is only a suspected fracture. Neymar fractured his back from a knee to the back in the football WC too. Pape is probably France's dirtiest player in a team that is usually quite clean.

I'd like to give Pape the benefit of the doubt but raising your knee and leading with it as you hit a ruck is quite suspect to say the least. If Cian Healy hit a ruck like that against England the BBC and co. would be wetting their knickers again.

My feelings exactly. There's just no need to enter a ruck like that, unless the objective is to make contact with your knee. From what I can see, Heaslip was making a good nuisance of himself going for the choke, Pape realised and kneed him in a futile attempt to clear the tackle.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:39 am

Exactly. To hit a ruck effectively you should have your feet planted firmly on the ground get low and drive through your legs. There is usually only one reason to hit a ruck with a raised knee and that is to strike someone with it. It was a clear enough citing for me.

This is how you hit a ruck properly from SOB:
http://www.the42.ie/sean-obrien-rucking-ireland-france-1940485-Feb2015/

*Edit, sorry it was a maul in this case but the same logic applies.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:56 am

Guns Germs wrote:This is how you hit a ruck properly from SOB:
http://www.the42.ie/sean-obrien-rucking-ireland-france-1940485-Feb2015/

One for the highlights reel! Awesome!

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:57 am

When you slow it down it looks intentional... but hell it took me about 5 goes of watching the video to find it. I initially thought the yellow was his hand momentarily going across Heaslips face.

On realtime I think its a bit overblown. I wouldn't have given a yellow myself, a penalty if I had a TMO but otherwise nothing. You see things like that dozens of times throughout any given match. If you're going to give one you have to give them all. Sort of happens when 120kg players run full pelt into a mound of players with body parts in various positions. Its called the breakdown.

Same with bakkies botha in 2009. He hit a ruck, broke Jones wrist or something right. Vicious yes, illegal... no. But that's rucking for you. Slightly more intent from Pape but for me not a yellow.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

GunsGerms wrote:

Heaslip reached for his back immediately after the knee.  Initially I had thought  the knee had hit Heaslip in the kidney area which can cause massive pain (let alone significant injury) so was a little surprised to see it was a possible vertebrae.  The impact did not seem to me likely to cause a fracture, which is why I thought he might have done some damage previously which may have become worse upon impact with the knee.  Just an observation on my side, nothing more.

The pictures should have been taken on Saturday, so I would guess the results will be made known today.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:10 am

fa0019 wrote: He hit a ruck, broke Jones wrist or something right. Vicious yes, illegal... no. But that's rucking for you. Slightly more intent from Pape but for me not a yellow.

Charging into a ruck is illegal, its covered under foul play. There had been specific warnings regarding this ahead of that series, following on from the IRBs reports into causes of injuries. Its a bit like tip tackles, it took a while to sink in but they are actually illegal and cardable offences. Botha was also banned for exactly the same thing in a Super rugby game.

(g) Dangerous charging.
A player must not charge or knock down an opponent carrying the ball without trying to grasp that player.
Sanction: Penalty kick

(h) A player must not charge into a ruck or maul. Charging includes any contact made without use of the arms, or without grasping a player.

In the Pape case he does bind onto one of his teammates (and Heaslips neck) as he "catches" him with his knee. So y'know, at least it wasnt charging!

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:16 am

Gooseberry wrote:
fa0019 wrote: He hit a ruck, broke Jones wrist or something right. Vicious yes, illegal... no. But that's rucking for you. Slightly more intent from Pape but for me not a yellow.

Charging into a ruck is illegal, its covered under foul play. There had been specific warnings regarding this ahead of that series, following on from the IRBs reports into causes of injuries. Its a bit like tip tackles, it took a while to sink in but they are actually illegal and cardable offences. Botha was also banned for exactly the same thing in a Super rugby game.

(g) Dangerous charging.
A player must not charge or knock down an opponent carrying the ball without trying to grasp that player.

(h) A player must not charge into a ruck or maul. Charging includes any contact made without use of the arms, or without grasping a player.

In the Pape case he does bind onto one of his teammates (and Heaslips neck) as he "catches" him with his knee. So y'know, at least it wasnt charging!

It was a maul though wasnt it?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:40 am

If thats the case I think you'll find many rucks are down to interpretation as charging in is what happens in nearly every case.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

quinsforever wrote:Knees without falling body weight don't have enough impact to fracture healthy vertebrae. Not by a long shot. Will be keenly following heaslip's diagnosis and prognosis on this one.

Ahhh, the medical expert of 606V2 has spoken... Where did you study orthopedics again?
-----
Anyways, on first glance, I too thought it was minor, but i (weird as it may sound) replicated it myself as near as I could, and I could not get my knee to move how he did in any normal way that a player would have to join a maul or ruck; its too awkward. It was a violent motion aimed at disrupting a maul as much as possible, and which generated a heavy injury on one of Ireland's most effective players in the pro era (despite the poor press Heaslip gets on here, he is a crucial player to Ireland, and one England would love to not see on the team sheet in 2 weeks).

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:57 am

wolfball wrote:.....(despite the poor press Heaslip gets on here, he is a crucial player to Ireland, and one England would love to not see on the team sheet in 2 weeks).

I don't think anyone doubts he isnt a very good player, its just that he had a long long spell where his form wasn't great at all but was still playing for the lack of alternatives.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:00 pm

It was more a case that Ireland's form wasnt great and he became the fall guy because of his ridiculous hair and over exuberant social media presence.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:02 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

(g) Dangerous charging.

It was a maul though wasnt it?

Ruck or maul, law is the same. As it with tackles, you have to at least attempt to make it look like you are grabbing on to someone as you smash in.

Edit ...just realised you were referring to my first line which you bolded. The word ruck there was in relation to the Botha incident ...I thought it was a ruck but if it was a maul it still makes no odds as above.

Last edited by Gooseberry on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:54 pm

Unsurprisingly Pape has been cited.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_31799,00.html

As seems to be the trend if a player gets hurt badly the ban is increased so hopefully for him it isnt a fracture.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:42 pm

He did what he did - he knew he was doing it, he tried to disguise it, the disguise didn't work and if Heaslip is injured and needs time out then Pape should have his knitting time with the slippers too.

No sympathy for him.  A player doesn't 'deserve' to be allowed play on just because he's good and his team and the competition needs him.

It's pointed - and quite funny - how PSA has responded.  He claims he doesn't believe the hit was intentional by Pape.  So far so good.  If he truly believes that, that's fine.  Then he goes on to say that he let Pape know how much his sending off affected the team at a time when France were beginning to get dominance.  He let Pape know how annoyed he was that an experienced player would punish the team like that.

But if Pape was completely innocent, it was hardly on his mind to let down his team. Can't have it both ways PSA, although of course we all respect a coach who stands up for their players.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:49 pm

GunsGerms, I wonder why the results of the exams on Heaslip's back have not been released.  All the work should have been done on Saturday.  Only thing left is if there are muscle injuries or spasms.  Maybe neurologial? But that would have been my top priority.

Fly, I took Saint-Andre's comments to mean he reamed out Pape.  Whether intentional or not, it was stupid and potentially did halt whatever momentum France were gaining.  Screwed the team.  
As that great philosopher, Dean Vernon Wormer once said:  "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm

SecretFly wrote:He did what he did - he knew he was doing it, he tried to disguise it, the disguise didn't work and if Heaslip is injured and needs time out then Pape should have his knitting time with the slippers too.

No sympathy for him.  A player doesn't 'deserve' to be allowed play on just because he's good and his team and the competition needs him.

It's pointed - and quite funny - how PSA has responded.  He claims he doesn't believe the hit was intentional by Pape.  So far so good.  If he truly believes that, that's fine.  Then he goes on to say that he let Pape know how much his sending off affected the team at a time when France were beginning to get dominance.  He let Pape know how annoyed he was that an experienced player would punish the team like that.

But if Pape was completely innocent, it was hardly on his mind to let down his team.  Can't have it both ways PSA, although of course we all respect a coach who stands up for their players.

I think it was a case of " look you really wouldve known about it if he had meant to hurt Heaslip, hes not usually that subtle. Besides it was Sexton I told him to nail."

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:56 pm

doctor_grey wrote:GunsGerms, I wonder why the results of the exams on Heaslip's back have not been released.  All the work should have been done on Saturday.  Only thing left is if there are muscle injuries or spasms.  Maybe neurologial?  But that would have been my top priority.

Fly, I took Saint-Andre's comments to mean he reamed out Pape.  Whether intentional or not, it was stupid and potentially did halt whatever momentum France were gaining.  Screwed the team.  
As that great philosopher, Dean Vernon Wormer once said:  "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

A mistake in the heat of battle remains a mistake and many are made during most games. If PSA thought it an innocent move in the heat of battle, where a knee went astray unintentionally, then the natural reaction of the coach is to question the ref and the yellow. From what I read, PSA questioned neither and said he let Pape know what he felt about such an experienced player letting the team down.

Sorry, doc, but that all reads to me like he's supporting his player in public (as expected) but also venting his true opinion on the act. Wreckless behaviour by Pape that punished the team because it was needless and Pape should have controlled his behaviour. That's what it's saying to me, doc.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 2:12 pm

Gooseberry wrote:The difference there was the act was clearly a red  card, whether you agree with the laws or not. Intent is not relevant to tip tackles, except for the length of the ban, the onus is on the tackler to control it.
The difference here is we have to infer intent to decide whther the strike was deliberate or not. As it was Heaslip was appealing to the  ref before he had even gone down without any knowledge of how the contact occured...as it turns out with good reason because hes been seriously injured by it.
But personaly I still dont think its clear cut from the video if the intent was there to strike the player or not, although on balance knowing what a cheap shot merchant he is its pretty likely. The TMO wasnt willing/able to make a call, Barnes fudged one....let sface it he'd be copping heat either way on that. Even when he said he was recommending yellow the TMO was hesitant in responding, I got the impression he though no foul. Barnes is getting hung out to dry on this one as the guy in the middle who had to make a 50/50 decision and going for 25.

If it is judged to be deliberate then Pape should cop a significant ban for it. How do things stand on players being cited for yellow card incidents now, can they be upgraded after the fact? They keep changing the rules on that kind of thing. I suspect the panel would be hard pressed to feel theres sufficient evidence of intent though

To be fair Barnes just had a poor game, he missed a clear Irish penalty right before Bests yellow card where Fofana was tackled and got up with the tackler still attached and played a guessing game with the scrum all day

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 16 Feb 2015, 2:16 pm

SF... PSA has many weaknesses but when it comes the referee "performance" he's rarely questions anything and goes to "no comment mode" . I dont remember him having a go at them in a Gatland way. It's like he accepts beforehand that his players will be harshly done by anyway. Years of playing with the blue jersey probably explains this I guess Wink He's also very strict towards his players on general behaviour so even if he thinks Papé is not guilty as per the rules he will still question his attitude.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

Hi whocares...... I'd have to repeat though that 'attitude' is a allusion to character and intent, not an acknowledgement that mistakes happen.
PSA makes it clear that the 'mistake' shouldn't have happened;meaning the 'mistake' was a bit more than a mistake and had a fair bit to do with character, intent and 'attitude'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

That is some real bad business. Totally uncalled for. Hope Pape gets a lengthy ban because that was a cheap shot of the highest order.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 16 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:GunsGerms, I wonder why the results of the exams on Heaslip's back have not been released.  All the work should have been done on Saturday.  Only thing left is if there are muscle injuries or spasms.  Maybe neurologial?  But that would have been my top priority.

A mistake in the heat of battle remains a mistake and many are made during most games.  If PSA thought it an innocent move in the heat of battle, where a knee went astray unintentionally, then the natural reaction of the coach is to question the ref and the yellow.  From what I read, PSA questioned neither and said he let Pape know what he felt about such an experienced player letting the team down.

Sorry, doc, but that all reads to me like he's supporting his player in public (as expected) but also venting his true opinion on the act.  Wreckless behaviour by Pape that punished the team because it was needless and Pape should have controlled his behaviour.  That's what it's saying to me, doc.
OK, we see it a bit differently. maybe you are right. No worries either way, eh mate?

When I read that a coach discussed a situation when an experienced player let the team down, I usually interpret that as coach-speak for letting into the player with all the flame throwing, blood and guts fury hell hath to offer.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Feb 2015, 5:54 pm

If that wasn't intentional i don't know what is. That was a cheap shot.

But apart for weakening France against England, what would Ireland benefit from a ban? They now have Heaslip out for the rest of the tournament.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 6:00 pm

Did someone say we'd benefit by having Pape out? If they did, there is some warped logic out there. If Pape goes it'll probably make the job easier for their remaining opponents. Plus, France players will be under strict order not to let their knees off the leash. Muzzled knees always make games safer Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

Yup, that was my point, wrong teams benefit from citings and banned players. Pape should at the very least get 5 weeks for this and if there was any justice should be banned when France faces Ireland for the World Cup Smile

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 6:15 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Yup, that was my point, wrong teams benefit from citings and banned players. Pape should at the very least get 5 weeks for this and if there was any justice should be banned when France faces Ireland for the World Cup Smile

Good thinking. OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 16 Feb 2015, 6:47 pm

Ireland's Jamie Heaslip should be available in four weeks after scans revealed fractures in three vertebrae

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

Yeah. There you go. The actor walks off the stage to help lessen the threat of Ireland to the other contenders.

Plenty of time to read his lines for the role he'll play in the World Cup.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm

nathan wrote:
Ireland's Jamie Heaslip should be available in four weeks after scans revealed fractures in three vertebrae

Really? Pape is a $%^&*(# ^&%$ ^&*%$ ^&*%$ and i hope he gets %^&* in prison

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:14 pm

Gooseberry wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Steve_rugby wrote:

Yep only I'll ask the question again....does anyone actually have reference to the game management document that states a knee HAS to be red, because all it says in the laws is that it has to be a card. It wouldn't be the first time the pundits have just made something up. As someone else pointed out other strikes its commonplace for yellow cards to be used, so why are knees suddenly automatic reds or nothing?
Manoa Vosawai only got a yellow for kneeing someone at a ruck a few weeks ago in the Pro 12.

No the laws don't state what specific actions reward a red card. A punch is technically only penalised by a penalty kick.

But they do condem intention to injure.

Barnes bottled the crucial decision was that intent or accident. He gave a yellow, therefor there was intent and the commentary wan were correct to say that should have been a red, same as an eye gouge, head stamp etc etc..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm

Jamie Heaslip Update:
Scans have revealed fractures of the transverse process of three vertebrae in Jamie’s back.
Although this injury causes a good deal of discomfort it does not impact on the structural integrity of the spine, and once healed should pose no long term issues.
Typically this injury is treated akin to a soft tissue injury; according to symptoms.
Jamie is already feeling more comfortable and it is hoped that he will be available to play again in approximately four weeks.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:19 pm

God, I wish I had the expertise these rugby players have.

I've been often on all fours with the pain in my back and all I ever get is a family diagnosis of 'acting up to get sympathy' Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:God, I wish I had the expertise these rugby players have.

I've been often on all fours with the pain in my back and all I ever get is a family diagnosis of 'acting up to get sympathy' Wink

That's probably because you're on all fours. I hope you didn't put up a paw and whine mournfully...?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

That's probably because you're on all fours.  I hope you didn't put up a paw and whine mournfully...?

You're like my bloody family, Hale!  No sympathy.  

I wish I could say something technical like:  "But yis have no idea how painful a transverse process is when compacted assymetrically onto the integrity of me spine"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

That's probably because you're on all fours.  I hope you didn't put up a paw and whine mournfully...?

You're like my bloody family, Hale!  No sympathy.  

I wish I could say something technical like:  "But yis have no idea how painful a transverse process is when compacted assymetrically onto the integrity of me spine"

They probably don't understand the word "yis". Try 'youse' the next time.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:38 pm

laughing

Yep, that's probably the lost in translation part.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

I work with guys called Nollag, Oisin, Enda, I have trouble with the translation all the time
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:01 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:I work with guys called Nollag, Oisin, Enda, I have trouble with the translation all the time

Santa, a Mythic Warrior and an auld Taoiseach? Yeah, that's good company to be in but I know how it must sound.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:22 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

Jamie Heaslip Update:
Scans have revealed fractures of the transverse process of three vertebrae in Jamie’s back.
Although this injury causes a good deal of discomfort it does not impact on the structural integrity of the spine, and once healed should pose no long term issues.
Typically this injury is treated akin to a soft tissue injury; according to symptoms.
Jamie is already feeling more comfortable and it is hoped that he will be available to play again in approximately four weeks.

Just googled it. Looks like the sticky up bits on a triceratops head. Surprising I haven't heard of this injury before given how fragile looking they are.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:55 pm

That's some family you have there Secret! How often do they knee you in the back to cause these repeated injuries?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:03 pm

MrsP wrote:

That's some family you have there Secret! How often do they knee you in the back to cause these repeated injuries?
laughing

Well maybe they ain't so good at the knee digs...but they..................... wait for it with Kleenex!............. they do stab me in the heart Sad  with the cruel things they do be saying about me 'pretend' transverse processes and vertebraeic concussions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:05 pm

Well then you should be clutching your chest man!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:14 pm

First time I fractured vertebrae my mother was on the sideline. "Get up <insert full name - including middle> you great wuss" she screamed.

Second time - 10 years later - my then fiance (a doctor) told those around her in a very loud voice that I was attention seeking.

Eee - the women in my life.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:23 pm

Well they do say that men marry women that are very like their mothers.

My Mother-in-Law is a lovely woman by the way!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:33 pm

Submachine wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Jamie Heaslip Update:

Just googled it. Looks like the sticky up bits on a triceratops head. Surprising I haven't heard of this injury before given how fragile looking they are.

Was also surprised such trauma could be over in 4 weeks myself (keeping in mind the number of people who end up suffering most of their life after an injury involving a vertebrae) but apparently it is not very common and good thing it is not as bad as apophiseal fractures (not sure of the spelling in English!) bikers or snowbarders can get...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next