The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 Week 1 results

Go down

Season 3 Week 1 results Empty Season 3 Week 1 results

Post by Afro Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Genk 1-0 Montpellier
Lacazette

Genk:

Montpellier:

Tough one to call. A very good tactical performance from Trebs with his plan in midfield denying the Montpellier playmakers to get their passing game going. I think Marky was clever in his use of Origi, but I think Caceres is experienced enough, and Dier quick enough to be able to cope. Whilst I don’t think Genk have much of a pace advantage over the Montpellier backline, in Lacazette, it is enough to sneek the one goal for me. I think Genk need to look to improve at the back as that backline will struggle against teams with the top quality strikers, and get their tactics right. Montpellier also need to focus on their back line and maybe try to get that real top quality forward to get the goals against teams who sit back

Bordeaux 1-2 Twente
Aguero
Tevez, Calhanoglu

Bordeaux:
Twente:
I don’t think Nando’s plan of targetting through the middle worked that well as I think the players Hero has in that area are well equipped to deal with it. For me, I think Hero’s weakness is at FB and Nando didn’t really exploit that, which gave Hero the win. Nando should look to improve on Gabriel and Tremoulinas, whilst Hero I think still needs better at full back and Diao needs to be upgraded

Granada 2-0 Bremen
Sanchez 2

Granada:

Bremen:

A good effort from Miky and he absorbed the pressure well, but the problem he has is that the quality in his team is just off the pace and we are getting to the stage of the game where teams have special players who can unlock stubborn defences. In this case, Granada have Sanchez and Xavi who won the game. Bremen should look to improve on the flanks and at LB, whilst Granada should focus on getting better midfield partners for Xavi

Verona 2-2 Basel
Costa, Pjanic
Dybala, Meyer

Verona:
Basel:

Verona had the quality in the side, whilst Basel have some work to do on improvements. But the Basel tactics were much stronger and it was this that earnt the point. I think verona need to look to improve at the left hand side of the defence with Davies and Kurzawa not as high quality as the rest, whilst I would also look to upgrade on Januzaj. I think Basel need to look to improve on Quaresma and Dos Santos going forward, whilst Gaya looks the weak link at the back
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down