The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch

+6
J.Benson II
azania
slash912
BALTIMORA
Young_Towzer
WelshDevilRob
10 posters

Go down

Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch Empty Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri May 27 2011, 20:33

Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis

Earlier today the internet was buzzing with the news that Earl-Katsidis II is possibly on the cards. The news broke after Michael Katsidis posted on his official website a statement regarding an e.mail to Michael's manager Brendon Smith from Graham Earl, challenging Michael to a rematch of their 2007 Battle Royale.

With the approach now very much out in the public domain Graham today issued the following statement. “Ever since our last fight together I was promised a rematch and the chance to get my revenge.

Obviously, I understand that there were obligations from that fight and he had the opportunities to move on.

He got the win that night. He put me down a few times then I put him down. We were having a war in the fourth and fifth and I believe I won those two rounds and the fight was in the balance at that stage. If the fight had continued I believe I would have won.

Read more: http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blog/35-demo-content/26524-graham-earl-official-statement-on-michael-katsidis-rematch.html

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch Empty Re: Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 27 2011, 20:37

no, accident waiting to happen. Mitchell v Katsidis II will be good when Kev beats Murray though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch Empty Re: Graham Earl: Official Statement on Michael Katsidis rematch

Post by BALTIMORA Fri May 27 2011, 20:48

Katsidis is surely still trying to aim his career in the opposite direction? A fight with Earl would be like admitting he's done at the higher levels.

As for Mitchell...I dunno, if he was able to keep Katsidis off him he may have a shot, but I can see it being another stoppage.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Fri May 27 2011, 21:13

Kats would blow Earl away inside two rounds most likely.
Rematching Mitchell if he gets past Murray may be a viable option, but unless he's had a lot taken out of him from the last couple of fights, and even if Mitchell comes in totally prepared, I still see the same result but perhaps it'll take a little longer.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 27 2011, 21:29

Rematching Mitchell if he gets past Murray may be a viable option, but unless he's had a lot taken out of him from the last couple of fights, and even if Mitchell comes in totally prepared, I still see the same result but perhaps it'll take a little longer.
The Mitchell who beat Prescott will box his head off, Kev had tons of personal problems for that fight, fair play to Michael for winning he's quality but Mitchell did well in the first 2 rounds and won both imo so a rematch would be an option

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri May 27 2011, 22:22

Mitchell just looked so much smaller than Katsidis, didn't look like he'd be able to do much once Katsidis was all over him, regardless of his prep.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 27 2011, 23:03

Mitchell just looked so much smaller than Katsidis, didn't look like he'd be able to do much once Katsidis was all over him, regardless of his prep.
Mitchell said at the Murray Press conf he wanted the fight so if he wins that he may well get the fight

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 27 2011, 23:31

Steven_89 wrote:no, accident waiting to happen. Mitchell v Katsidis II will be good when Kev beats Murray though.

Earl has been hit too often if he thinks he has a chance in a rematch.

As for Kats v Mitchell. Again no way. Their first fight was a walkover and I've seen nothing in Mitchell's game to suggest a different result. Possibly even quicker depending on how fast dackwards Mitchell can move.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sat May 28 2011, 12:50

Steven_89 wrote:Rematching Mitchell if he gets past Murray may be a viable option, but unless he's had a lot taken out of him from the last couple of fights, and even if Mitchell comes in totally prepared, I still see the same result but perhaps it'll take a little longer.
The Mitchell who beat Prescott will box his head off, Kev had tons of personal problems for that fight, fair play to Michael for winning he's quality but Mitchell did well in the first 2 rounds and won both imo so a rematch would be an option

Mitchell only did well in the first 2 rounds because Katsidis was just stalking his prey and waiting for an opening. The moment Katsidis decided to apply some pressure, Mitchell folded like paper.

In a re-match, Mitchell might last 1 or 2 more rounds, but the result will be the same.

Kev may have some decent skill, but he looks small and I don't think he is physically strong enough to hold off superior fighters.

Beating a limited, 3 round journeyman in Prescott isnt the barometer for greatness.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 28 2011, 14:06

As for Kats v Mitchell. Again no way. Their first fight was a walkover and I've seen nothing in Mitchell's game to suggest a different result. Possibly even quicker depending on how fast dackwards Mitchell can move.
Hahahahahaha
Mitchell v Murray 9th July, if Mitchell wins he will fight Guerrero, etc, he doesn't even have to fight Katsidis again, walkover? im guessing you never watched the fight, Mitchell was pinging him after he caught him the first time, you slate everyone!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Mon May 30 2011, 08:58

I watched the fight and the main thing I remember is Katsidis slowly walking down a terrified looking Mitchell until he fancied throwing a punch in anger and, when he did, it took about 30 seconds for him to finish Mitchell.
The Mitchell v Murray fight is a 50/50 for me, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Murray win and I definitely do not see Mitchell suddenly in with Guerrero if he wins.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 30 2011, 09:06

Steven_89 wrote:As for Kats v Mitchell. Again no way. Their first fight was a walkover and I've seen nothing in Mitchell's game to suggest a different result. Possibly even quicker depending on how fast dackwards Mitchell can move.
Hahahahahaha
Mitchell v Murray 9th July, if Mitchell wins he will fight Guerrero, etc, he doesn't even have to fight Katsidis again, walkover? im guessing you never watched the fight, Mitchell was pinging him after he caught him the first time, you slate everyone!

Mitchell is a good euro level fighter only. A face first brawler like Katz handed him a beating after he got serious and walked thru him. Against another semi decent fighter, the outcome would be the same. Mitchell is ok and thats about it. He should go down and fight Burns. That way he can claim a world belt and defend it against less than semi decent fighters and champion of some obscure country.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon May 30 2011, 09:07

I think you might need to come to terms with the possibility that Mitchell may not end up an all time great or a world champion.

I understand you like the guy but the excuses and blind support you give the guy is quite bizzare.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon May 30 2011, 09:08

Agree with slash, Kats was too big, too powerful and too good for Mitchell. As soon as he stepped up his work rate he blasted Mitchell out. Dont see any other result a second time, unless Kats is totally shot.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 30 2011, 09:10

joeyjojo618 wrote:Agree with slash, Kats was too big, too powerful and too good for Mitchell. As soon as he stepped up his work rate he blasted Mitchell out. Dont see any other result a second time, unless Kats is totally shot.

Even a shot Katz would beat Mitchell. I dont rate Mitchell at all. Johanson should have beaten him if he had more patience.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon May 30 2011, 16:38

Even a shot Katz would beat Mitchell. I dont rate Mitchell at all. Johanson should have beaten him if he had more patience.
I rate Mitchell me, think he's a quality fighter, the way he schooled Prescott was brilliant

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon May 30 2011, 17:08

But apart from beating Khan, what has Prescott done?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Mon May 30 2011, 20:19

Pretty sure that Katsidis will face the winner of Murray and Mitchell .

Also pretty sure Katsidis would spark both of them..............If he's recovered from the tough Guerrero fight.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon May 30 2011, 21:17

But apart from beating Khan, what has Prescott done?
apart from spark a current world champ?

Mitchell's a ABA winner, former England international as an amateur, British, Commonwealth champ as a pro who never lost at SFW. Schooled Prescott, destroyed Johanneson. Im not saying he's great but i think he's a quality fighter, it's one rule for Khan and another for Mitchell, Mitchell loses 1 fight when he did well in 2 out of 3 rounds and is immediately written off. You DON'T become a bad fighter overnight. Mitchell will beat Murray imo, then he'll beat Katsidis imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon May 30 2011, 21:19

Oh and i must add, how come Graham Earl is being mentioned as an opponent for Katsidis, he would of been a good comeback for Mitchell, Kevin would of knocked him out within 2 rounds and restored some confidence. Hardly a meaningful fight for Katsidis. Fight Limond or Arthur if you want a comeback, Mick!.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon May 30 2011, 21:27

I think the difference between Khan and Mitchell though Steven is that Khan has changed his style noticeably since his loss. He's gone on to bigger things, and beaten better opponents. Mitchell on the other hand hasn't changed.

And yeah, Prescott's sparked a current world champion, but...so did Rustico Torrecampo.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 30 2011, 21:33

BALTIMORA wrote:I think the difference between Khan and Mitchell though Steven is that Khan has changed his style noticeably since his loss. He's gone on to bigger things, and beaten better opponents. Mitchell on the other hand hasn't changed.

And yeah, Prescott's sparked a current world champion, but...so did Rustico Torrecampo.

How do you know Mitchell hasn't changed he hasn't fought since?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon May 30 2011, 21:38

OK, fair point Kev, but if he has then a) he's not fought since to be able to demonstrate it and b) the reasons he gave to explain losing to Katsidis weren't concerning his style, but more the fact that he'd had a disrupted training camp. Plus, a talking manatee told me he hadn't, in a dream.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Mon May 30 2011, 21:54; edited 1 time in total

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 30 2011, 21:43

Fair enough those manatee's are usually spot on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon May 30 2011, 21:55

You know it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down