The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith

+2
ShahenshahG
BallchinianMuffwig
6 posters

Go down

Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith Empty Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 9:30

Looks like Katsidis is going to see out the end of his career based in the US, the whole article is copy n pasted at the bottom. Good to see their still in good terms as opposed to the likes of Hatton and Billy Graham's much publicised split.

Is it too late for Katsidis to get a couple good wins under a new trainer (i mean is he too much past it) or could it do him some good? Asuming he has no more than 5 fights left. I always questioned Brendon Smith's abilities as a coach, but him and Kats gelled quite well together I always thought. Can the big little man from Toowoomba get anything out of a move and new coach? Cheers

Article- http://www.katsidisthegreat.com.au/news/katsidis-eyes-us/

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith Empty Re: Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 9:40

Lockin the stable door after the horse has bolted and a pig has claimed squatting rights.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith Empty Re: Michael Katsidis splits from Brendon Smith

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 9:47

It's worth a bash but he's already on the slide. He still has a lot of excitement to offer but could be at the expense of his health. He's a warrior though and will give it his all for one last go.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 10:22

Michael is what he is but to suggest he has five fights left in him pretty much condemns him to journeyman/punchbag status.

Katsidis will always generate excitement and because of that, I fear promotors will stick him in with some hyped youngster in the hope of getting another Gatti/Ward scrap. Kats will take it as it will pay handsomely and yet I see him taking a fearful beating from someone he'd have wiped the floor with a few years before.

Think Gatti/Gomez and ask yourself if you want to see Kats become a 'name' on some punk's record.

I just hope his new trainer has enough sense to tell him enough is enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 10:54

katsidis excitement value has made him very famous, and whilst the fame is continued he is going to carry on trying to earn a living from it. but as ive said before, name one top fighter he has ever beaten. mitchell is actually his best win

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 10:55

I'd rather he moved back to Oz and served his time.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 25 Nov 2011 - 10:58

I never had an opinion on smith until I watch the Kats v Juan Diaz fight, He was convincing Kats as the fight went on that he was winning, when as far as I could see he was clearly losing, (I think the judges gave it split win to Diaz) Diaz kept turning him and that was enough to out fox the brawler (and that was when he was close to his peak).

I think Katz is finished though, If he's made a nest egg, I'd like to see him retired, The scarring alone his face must have endured by now would be enough, he comes across as a nice guy, I'd hate to see him punch drunk.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down