The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater

+19
superflyweight
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
tunes666
trottb
BoxingFan88
Coxy001
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
hazharrison
kingraf
AlexHuckerby
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater Empty Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:34 am

This came out about a month ago but I never saw it. I know it's opening up a can of worms but I have to put it out there, Malignaggi is a guy I genuinely respect when it comes to opinions in boxing, I think most of the time, he's pretty much bang on the money, actually. His analysis on Showtime has been excellent as far as I'm concerned and he is a FAR bigger insider to the sport than we ever will be, being in the modern era of the game himself and working behind the scenes also.

I've never been quite sure of what to believe with Manny, but Malignaggi literally just lays everything out in this video here and rips into Manny and flat out says he was on PEDs and that he's a cheater and doesn't deserve the payday against Floyd due to him being a cheater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3SYuffeHc

"I personally think that was why Manny was looking so strong at those times (Talking about random drug testing) Now with them doing more random drug testing, Manny still is a good fighter, but I don't see the same kind of explosiveness. Pacquiao fans want to believe that he's their hero and he's never cheated and has always done right, and a knight in shining armour... If you wanna be blinded and have your head so far up his ass you don't see reality of what was going on, that's fine. For the rest of us that have a clear head and are looking at it diplomatically you see sense. I mean, who the f**k grows that much after their 28th birthday!? Nobody grows that much!! The PED drug testing didn't just come out of Floyds ass, it was on a lot of people's minds on the inside in boxing at the time, nobody gets that much bigger after there 28th birthday, nobodies growing and filling out that much. Especially someone with Manny's genetics, genetically Manny's a very small guy, if you remove the blinders and look at it diplomatically you'll see that what Floyd was asking was pretty normal actually. You know, you've put on a lot of size, at a weird age and you've started becoming devastating whereas one time, during the second fight with Marquez there was talk of Manny being past his best, he's had a lot of tough fights in his career and he had been a lot of fun to watch at that time, and then all of a sudden he just began a new prime he put on all this mass, that doesn't just happen. Nobody will ever truly know because for one reason or another he was avoiding random drug testing, and what about the fact he used every excuse in the book to avoid it, doesn't that kind of raise suspicion too? Every stupid excuse in the book, you're scared of needles... You don't want the other guy calling the shots... Listen, you don't want the other guy calling the shots about what percentage of ticket sales you get, that's negotiation, drug testing should not be negotiable, what kind of negotiation is drug testing?? Drug testing should just be there and that's it! I think Floyd on points, I don't think it's a very competitive fight, I think the fight should happen for the fans, if Manny was cheating, and I believe he was and I'm entitled to my beliefs and I have my reasons for believing that, if he was cheating then he in NO WAY deserves the richest fight in boxing history a cheater should not be rewarded. In my mind he was cheating, in my mind."

Malignaggi isn't scared to say what he believes and I'm kinda siding with him really, like he says we'll never really know for sure unless some kind of Lance Armstrong stuff comes out, but I can't put it out of my mind that Manny was perhaps cheating. Isn't libel, pure opinions as we are entitled to, please no libel comments, keep the discussion fair and respect people's views.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater Empty Re: Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 am

He also knows where his bread is buttered.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater Empty Re: Paulie Malignaggi Straight Up Calls Pacquiao A Cheater

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:46 am

I understand what you mean, but generally I don't see Malignaggi that way I don't think he'd go out of his way to insult Floyd or anything, but he generally wouldn't attack a fellow boxer unless he genuinely believed it. I think he believes it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:51 am

If the truth ever comes out (whatever that may be) spare a thought for Ricky Hatton.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:56 am

hazharrison wrote:If the truth ever comes out (whatever that may be) spare a thought for Ricky Hatton.

Kinda pushing it one way my friend

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:56 am

Strangely quiet on Floyd being a convicted woman beater. Strangely quiet on Wilder's prior, strangely quiet on Andre Berto still earning seven figure pay days. You can't seriously think this an unbiased rant?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:23 am

Brave Paulie.....

When I can envisage Sot Chitalada knocking out Ray Leonard types...I'll buy into Manny...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:49 am

Boxing is full of peds, as is mma. It's even rife at amateur level.

Not hard to pass a drug test if you use the right drugs and have somebody in the know looking after you. I am not accusing Manny of steroids as I have no proof. I will not disrespect the forum by making accusations to particular fighters or other sportsmen.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 am

Personally, I try not to accuse anyone without evidence. Doping is a crime, not cheating, a crime. So I try not accuse people of being serial criminals.... even fifty year olds still fighting in championship fights... Or fighters who are rumoured to have failed three tests. I also not to accuse someone based on the rant of a guy who's more or less Al Haymon's bitch.

It's patently ridiculous to congratulate him on making baseless accusations when he was trying to get a fight with Berto not too long ago. Dopers shouldn't make big money... unless I'm also making money from them... seems to be his motto.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:03 am

No one is accusing Manny of anything...

However I believe also Boxing is rife..

It's a tough sport

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:03 am

Probably cleaner than the 80s.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one is accusing Manny of anything...

It's a tough sport

Paulie Malignaggi is.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:21 am

I'm talking about on here...

Kingy...

1. You wouldn't be moaning If Paulie was accusing Yank..

2. I think it's brave for someone to speak out.

3. Only baseless If Manny sues and wins...Paulie's comments are out there...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:23 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one is accusing Manny of anything...

It's a tough sport

Paulie Malignaggi is.

Lolling hard.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 am

Lolling hard ????

Pity you didn't read my last post !!

I expect no better though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 am

Innocent until proven guilty, he hasn't yet failed a test, so there is no proof whatsoever.

Pacquiao wasn't knocking welterweights clean out, he wore them down with barrages.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

3. Only baseless If Manny sues and wins...Paulie's comments are out there...

What a moronic mentality.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:47 pm

1 - Probably not... my entire life is based around ensuring justice for non Americans. In fact, my group, the Non Americans Against The Exploitation and Genocides at the Hands of Evil Americans, are investigating this very seriously.

2 - Nothing brave about accusing someone of doping when you're on a completely different network, and it won't affect your livelihood.

3 - Pacquiao already made Mayweather apologise, and took some of his lunch money. As such, further accusations (from anybody) about Manny doping are baseless unless presented with proof.

Boxing may be rife with drug abusing so and sos, but thats not the issue here. My problem with the pitchfork brigade is they always work reverse linearly. If a sport has a spate of positive tests.. everyone left must be doping. If a sport has no positive tests, the powers that be are turning a blind eye, and everyone there must be doping.

The gains made my athletes in the last twenty years look remarkable, but thats with the assumption that preparations have only slightly improved. Sport science has improved big time. The advancements in recovery, altitude training, better knowledge of plyometrics, Greater understanding on how to get the most out of every session is on a different plane to the milk, eggs and dianabol of the 80s.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Paulie seems to have had a grudge with the pacman team for a while.  There is no evidence what's so ever the he was on peds.  You grow when you move up in weight,  and some fighters it shows more..  Also if he was on so much Peds that it showed so much why has he not been caught in testing before?  Floyd has also filled out and coasted through weights why no fingers pointed at him?

This whole thing was bitchiness pushed out by Floyd to smear over the fact he did not want to fight him.  Rather than beat him in the ring he would rather attack his name.  

Also Manny never rejected testing,  he rejected Floyd having his own guys in randomly...  and up to a certain point before the fight...  not alot you can do physically a couple weeks before a fight given you also get blood and urine tests after fight which he agreed to.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm

He hasn't grown at all - he's been doing what broner tried and failed to do. He beens beating the Poopie out of people who weigh lot less on fight night and his lack of one punch knockout power has suffered as he has gone up the weight. He may be on drugs but mostly he hasnt been doing extraordinary things if you look at fight weight. Broner was ok and bigger than others so he won, pacquaio was excellent and bigger than others so he tore em apart. Now Broner fights someone decent his own weight and he gets slapped senseless whereas pacquiao - fighting at a ring weight he has always fought at -has through a combination of speed and skill continued to succeed.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Yep, he came in at 145lbs for the first Marquez fight (might have been second), came in at 150lbs for Bradley. Rather miniscule given the fact that his weigh ins have a 22lbs jump.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 pm

What has weight got to do with it? Cyclists "look" the same even though some like Armstrong were laced up to their eyeballs in all sorts.

Don't worry, the truth about him will come out soon enough. The irony of if he failed a test in the build up to fighting Mayweather would be implausible!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Coxy001 wrote:What has weight got to do with it? Cyclists "look" the same even though some like Armstrong were laced up to their eyeballs in all sorts.

Don't worry, the truth about him will come out soon enough. The irony of if he failed a test in the build up to fighting Mayweather would be implausible!

No, one of the reasons given for him being on drugs is carrying his speed and power up the weights. He has carried it up because he is at the same weight he always was. Duran looked like a fat lightweight when fought at the higher weights and pacs muscular frame as he "grew" is another such reason. But he hasn't gone up in weight, he hasnt gotten more muscled, he just doesnt need to cut weight anymore.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:59 pm

kingraf wrote:Strangely quiet on Floyd being a convicted woman beater. Strangely quiet on Wilder's prior, strangely quiet on Andre Berto still earning seven figure pay days. You can't seriously think this an unbiased rant?

That has nothing to do with anything inside of the ring. Paulie has done bad things out of the ring too.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Paulie is always looking for excuses. When he got beat up by Porter it had to be because Porter was using steroids.

If ever there was a fighter who should be using steroids it's Malinaggi. Dance like a butterfly, sting like a butterfly.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:30 pm

That's not really true Shah, he was significantly bigger when he faced Cotto than when he faced Marquez or Diaz or Morales, all of his measurements had increased and knocking Hatton out with one punch was not normal.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 pm

morales 3 in nov 2006, just before manny turned 28. Fight at 135, ringweight 144.

Cotto nov 2009, just before manny turned 31. Fight at 147, ringweight 149.

5 lbs in 3 years, during the period paulie is claiming he bulked up suspiciously.

Floyd didn't move up from super feather til he was 25 and stayed at lightweight for a couple of years before bulking into a welterweight. He only likes to fight in one town. Is that suspicious? Marquez turns up for pacquaio 4 looking like arnie with acne. Is that suspicious?

These things aren't worth mentioning apparently for paulie.

Hey I've no idea who's juicing. Given the nature of the sport, the gains for success, the costs of a defeat, the pitiful testing... the pressure on guys to dope (especially if they think others are) must be huge. Personally, I'd be surprised if it wasn't rife. 

Whichever, it Doesn't seem like a particularly balanced statement from paulie. I guess he comes from a moral high ground. We know he wasn't on peds... Well if he was I hope he got a refund.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 pm

milkyboy wrote:morales 3 in nov 2006, just before manny turned 28. Fight at 135, ringweight 144.

5 lbs in 3 years, during the period paulie is claiming he bulked up suspiciously.

Floyd didn't move up from super feather til he was 25 and stayed at lightweight for a couple of years before bulking into a welterweight. He only likes to fight in one town. Is that suspicious? Marquez turns up for pacquaio 4 looking like arnie with acne. Is that suspicious?

Hey I've no idea who's juicing. Given the nature of the sport, the gains for success, the costs of a defeat, the pitiful testing... the pressure on guys to dope (especially if they think others are) must be huge. Personally, I'd be surprised if it wasn't rife. 

Whichever, it Doesn't seem like a particularly balanced statement from paulie. I guess he comes from a moral high ground. We know he wasn't on peds... Well if he was I hope he got a refund.

WRONG

COMPLETELY WRONG

Floyd fights in Vagas because.....................thats where the MONEY is nothing suspect happening there

Marquez passed ALL drug tests before and after fight with Pacman and uses a urine based diet that helps to build protien in the muscles

Paulie is brave to speak out about Manny and this is precisely why the fight with Floyd never happened when it should have because quite frankly Manny is a little dodgy. Lets not forget that before finding GOD recently Manny was a degenerate gambler with a drinking problem who used to frequent nightclubs a lot.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 pm

milkyboy wrote:We know he wasn't on peds... Well if he was I hope he got a refund.

Laugh

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:25 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
milkyboy wrote:morales 3 in nov 2006, just before manny turned 28. Fight at 135, ringweight 144.

WRONG

COMPLETELY WRONG

Floyd fights in Vagas because.....................thats where the MONEY is nothing suspect happening there

Marquez passed ALL drug tests before and after fight with Pacman and uses a urine based diet that helps to build protien in the muscles

Paulie is brave to speak out about Manny and this is precisely why the fight with Floyd never happened when it should have because quite frankly Manny is a little dodgy. Lets not forget that before finding GOD recently Manny was a degenerate gambler with a drinking problem who used to frequent nightclubs a lot.

still a helluva lot claasier than floyd then

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not really true Shah, he was significantly bigger when he faced Cotto than when he faced Marquez or Diaz or Morales, all of his measurements had increased and knocking Hatton out with one punch was not normal.

He'd battered hatton for two rounds before the knockout though hammy, even if the coup de grace was clean. Its not like Ricky was iron chinned at this point in his career. The Ortiz cheap shot aside, hatton is the only guy floyd has stopped in 10 years.

Manny's performances at that time were certainly eye brow raising, I won't deny that. He will also have been in his physical prime then. There are plenty if fighters who have a purple patch, not all of whom are juicing. But like with bolt, flo jo etc. questions are always going to get raised.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:31 pm

I don't get how Paulie is brave for talking smack about a fighter on another network. Uncovering government secrets is brave, exposing big corporations is brave...

This is Piers morgab
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

WRONG

COMPLETELY WRONG

Thanks for putting me straight onethree with your usual brand of balanced debate.

Floyd was offered way more than Vegas money to fight manny in Dallas. Despite being the money man, he didn't want it for some reason. There are rumours that Nevada have lost the odd failed test result, but it's just rumour.

Happy to defend your favourites to the hilt whilst casting unproven allegations of 'dodgy'ness at their rival. Seems Marquez' diet isn't the only thing that's urine based.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 am

milkyboy wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not really true Shah, he was significantly bigger when he faced Cotto than when he faced Marquez or Diaz or Morales, all of his measurements had increased and knocking Hatton out with one punch was not normal.

He'd battered hatton for two rounds before the knockout though hammy, even if the coup de grace was clean. Its not like Ricky was iron chinned at this point in his career. The Ortiz cheap shot aside, hatton is the only guy floyd has stopped in 10 years.

Manny's performances at that time were certainly eye brow raising, I won't deny that. He will also have been in his physical prime then. There are plenty if fighters who have a purple patch, not all of whom are juicing. But like with bolt, flo jo etc. questions are always going to get raised.

Pacquiao's purple patch coincided with him teaming up with Ariza, a guy who Freddie Roach said this about:

“One of the reasons I don’t work with him [Ariza] anymore is he’s a little shady. He used to give Manny a drink before workouts, and I asked him what was in the drink and he would never tell me. I told him I need to know what was in the drinks because you’re giving it to my fighter.

And if something goes wrong, I’m going to get the blame. So in my opinion, he’s a little shady. So he’s in that camp [Brandon Rios] now and it doesn’t surprise me that [Rios testing positive for a banned substance] happened.”

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 am

I know that haz and I know who was working with Marquez before pacquaio 4 and adjusted his egg and urine diet.

I'm not defending anyone, just giving counter arguments and pointing out a lack of even handedness.

If the article was questioning floyd not manny, I might be making the same points you and others have made.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:48 am

That purple patch also coincided with Ariza client Khan getting his clock cleaned by Prescott and outmuscled by Peterson, as well as Chavez needing a bit of luck/judges to get through some fights, before taking a beat down from Martínez (this is important because Ariza worked For Roach, not Manny). Seems like the purple patch was hardly uniform for Ariza. Not to mention the fact that the purple patch also coincided with a five division world champ, three of them lineal, entering his peak.

In any case, Roach said at the time he signed off on everything, now he says he doesn't know. Either he lied then and is telling the truth now, or told the truth then, and is mud slinging now. Choosing the one that best fits your narrative doesn't make it fact
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:00 am

He began working with Ariza after the Prescott debacle. He was then transformed from a brittle lightweight into a resilient and more powerful light welter (he dropped Judah and Maidana with single shots and stopped Malignaggi). He dropped Ariza prior to the Garcia fight.

Chavez went from useless to a bit of a monster.

Roach is mudslinging. In my opinion, he'll have known exactly what was in those "shakes". He will have seen the physical development of the likes of Pacquiao, Khan and Chavez just as he did with the likes of James Toney and Justin Fortune (fighters he admitted to being suspicious about but worked with anyway).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:07 am

Might have to start calling Poochio 'Pedio' from now on

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:28 am

Fair enough on Khan... even calling Chavez a bit of a monster is kind though. Look Manny might be doping, I don't know. At this stage I don't care. But Malignaggi of all people isn't the one that's gonna convince me.

Manny did more damage to Marquez in six rounds (before the highlight reel KO) than he did in 24 with Ariza. He dropped Algieri six times post Ariza, which I think is a similar job to the one he did on Diaz. Similar performances really against Bradley with and without. The Ariza age was a purple patch, no doubt, but it was one which had the pre form (the absolute jobs he did on Morales and Barerra), and the slightly dulled, but nonetheless good performance post, which point to an athlete having a hot streak. Without anything by way of proof, I'm more suspicious of athletes who come from nowhere. Or relative obscurity.

Funny how that works though. A guy like Nadal has had a cloud over him basically his entire career, despite having beaten a former world #1 in an exhibition match at fourteen, and nearly everyone of his multi major seasons being followed up by an injury plagued one (evidence of physical redlining?). A guy like Federer, having never shown the physical stamina to win slams. wins ten out of fourteen, and has 250 matches in three seasons, completely injury free and his Fart smells of Chanel No 5. Just think some guys are crucified, and evidence will be found after the crucifixion
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 am

Tennis has a doping problem as do nearly all top sports.

People always are looking to get ahead. I know a few mma fighters and they use. They say they need it to improve recovery and keep strength when they cut weight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:59 am

With all due respect, MMA testing isn't stringent. In fact I'd rate it lower than boxing. Also, MMA is quite proud to tell you that all their guys have jobs.... which is great, but also probably means they can't afford the skills and know how which Elite boxers and other athletes can which would render most drugs obsolete. Novak Djokovic owns an egg chamber... I doubt MMA fighters can even afford more than a few sessions a month. The egg chamber is altitude training on steroids... and completely legal. The MMA fighter who can't afford this has to choose between increasing their EPO levels in the old time honoured tradition (which saps weeks from training).. Or getting help.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:01 am

I agree, mma testing is pathetic

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:04 am

We touched upon Nadal a couple of weeks ago, I think those clouds are because of Operation Puerto and the implications it has/had on Spanish sport and most certainly Tennis.

Federer avoids such speculation because lets be honest he's a better player and fitness was never a major part of his success.

Pacquiao's form is an odd one, seeing him look so destructive against all of Hatton, De La Hoya, Cotto and Margarito did raise question marks.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 am

Roger may make it look effortless. But he trains just as hard as Rafa, he's said as much. I mean he trains in Dubai with various hitting partners because he outlasts them all. And more importantly, had the performance spike that normally piques interest. 0 slam semi finals in his career meets twelve slams in four and a bit years.

Operación Puerto was a man sausage up, but to be completely honest, I do think blood transfusion is a borderline matter. More importantly, I think it's a wonderful manipulation of science. I'm actually quite impressed by it. Sure it increases EPO levels, but so does staying at altitude (had my blood taken in, about 10% higher EPO levels... pity I was never sharp at any sports which needed high EPO to succeed).

Overall I think Doping is blurred science and the progressions in sport science have definitely done a number on the lines. The image of an East German Dr. with a massive needle putting it in the butt is rather outdated. The reality is much more sophisticated. On the fence really, I'd hate for sport to become a chemical arms race, but I do like the developments made. The research and counter research, it's a sport on it'd own
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Lost all respect for PM following this diatribe.

Sickening BS from a normally decent guy. Floyd paid a bung to stop his test results getting disclosed - where's PM's comments on that??!!

He's just a straight up Manny-hating Flomo that never got his payday against either.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Brave Paulie.....

When I can envisage Sot Chitalada knocking out Ray Leonard types...I'll buy into Manny...

SRL the WW+ guy, right? How many WW's (and above) has Manny knocked out??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Light welterweights then............Sot Chitalada vs Aaron Pryor anyone ??

Aaron Pryor is a former great lightwelterweight champ from the 80s.............Just so you know !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm

More spin on your argument than a Murali special, Truss.

Chitalada was a career Flyweight before the era of cutting huge amounts of weight and re-hydrating a fair few lb in the 24 / 36 hours before the bell rang. Pacquiao was a 'Flyweight' while still a teen inside a still growing and developing body who was anything but a true Flyweight on fight night. Not to mention that Chitalada just wasn't anywhere near the same class of fighter as Manny. Aside from the corner of the globe he comes from, Pacquiao hasn't got all that much in common with Sot.

The guys Pacquiao has knocked out or properly stopped at Light-Welter or Welter (so basically Hatton and Cotto) weren't as durable as Pryor, either, and Pryor never faced any opponent with hand speed like Pacquiao's or who who was able to hit him as regularly and terrifyingly cleanly as Pacquiao was hitting those guys in any case. Hatton has admitted that he felt his chin was starting to crack in the Lazcano fight and Cotto got hit with a never-ending torrent of blistering combinations that were just too quick for him to see coming for a full eleven rounds before the referee finally put him out of his misery.

I could just as easily say, "I'll buy Mayweather when I see a Flash Elorde type bashing up a Mike McCallum." But it'd be a very manufactured argument built on half-truths.

I'm not saying that Pacquiao definitely is or definitely was a clean fighter - there's just too much of a widespread problem within the sport for any fighter to be completely immune from us pondering that possibility, I think. What I am arguing, though, is that the evidence in Manny's case is nowhere near as clear or obvious as the Mayweather fanatics - or that clown Malignaggi, whose opinion on most things shouldn't be taken too seriously - like to claim.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Light welterweights then............Sot Chitalada vs Aaron Pryor anyone ??

Aaron Pryor is a former great lightwelterweight champ from the 80s.............Just so you know !! thumbsup

How many LWW's has Manny knocked out then?

And how many has Floyd ko'd? Given that they both started off at pretty much similar weights at similar ages (Manny when turning pro, Floyd when entering the US team amateur programme)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Well he nearly killed Hatton with every punch he threw FFS !!!!!!

How many flyweights could do that....

Not in the mood....for wallies !!

At 21 Floyd was a 130 pound champion...............At 21 Manny was a Flyweight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next