The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix

+5
two_tone
manos de piedra
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
paperbag_puncher
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix Empty Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 am

Just read on boxingscene that Paulie was two down on a French judges card last weekend, which is sickening. But, luckily Paulie was able to take it out of the jusges hand, which is no comfort to be honest.

Some boxing judges are corrupt, it is plain to see. Paulie summed it up very well with his comments stating "Whenever you see a judge with a blatantly wrong scorecard, you shouldn't be asking 'what was that guy watching' - you should be asking 'what did they give this guy so they could buy him. In actuality, nobody is that stupid, especially people who judge fights professionally."

Sums it up perfectly.

Now, the fix.

Why don't they have a pool of judges for each major card say 6-10 judges, that as late as possible they put in to judge the fight. Perhaps they can all be assigned for the night but unknown as to what fight they are reffing until last minute. That way they are less likely to be bribed,surely Arum couldn't bribe the boxing equivelant to an entire jury?

Anyway, I know there are various pitfalls in my plan, but what is to be done about this-fans that accept this without complain p**** me off almost as much as the cheats.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix Empty Re: Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri May 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Anyway, I know there are various pitfalls in my plan, but what is to be done about this-fans that accept this without complain p**** me off almost as much as the cheats.

It's crazy that this can happen in this day and age but as you found out with your petition there's not a lot fans can do. To compare fans with the cheats is a bit extreme. We should be able to sit down and watch a fight fully secure that it is fair and on the level. It shouldn't be our job to clean house.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix Empty Re: Paulie Malignaggi,judging and a potential fix

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri May 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Teddy Atlas has been going on about this for years. Corruption is rife in the sport and we have as many problems in Britain as they do anywhere. Remember Cox v Sai?

Heres what Teddy Atlas said after Lara v Williams. http://onthebeak.com/2011/07/21/orthodox-american-teddy-atlas-drops-refereeing-and-judging-bombshell-incompetence-is-bad-enough-but-i-know-there-is-corruption-582/
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 pm

At least the judges in the Williams/Lara bout were investigated and suspended. I dont think they have judged a fight since.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri May 04, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm not sure but as disgraceful as that was it wasn't that surprising which is sad. The sport has no credibility. The best don't fight the best and we have corrupt people running and officiating the sport.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri May 04, 2012 8:51 pm

I have to say I like your idea of selecting at random out of a possible ten on the night, as you have alluded to its unlikely promoters or any other people with a financial interest could blag the entire group up. However would have to then worry about the people who are then picking the final three as potentially could be meddled with as well.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Lopez was 2 rounds up on 2 of the judges card against salido before it was stopped also

It's becoming a joke

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 04, 2012 11:12 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Lopez was 2 rounds up on 2 of the judges card against salido before it was stopped also

It's becoming a joke

It has become a joke, sadly.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Unbelievable...John Scully was approaced two days before the fight by a influential man in boxing, as he puts it, and told that the judge who scored it 114-114 Louis Barrera i think he is called; was dodgy and untrustworthy. Unbelievable! Another example. Source is Eastside boxing on the ropes interview

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri May 04, 2012 11:36 pm

I had Malanaggi winning all but one round up till the stoppage, could give the Ukrainian possibly 2 rounds, but no more than that.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 04, 2012 11:47 pm

This begs the question. Had the fight gone the distance and an obvious robbery ocurred, would Paulie be ranked below the other guy?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 04, 2012 11:50 pm

azania wrote:This begs the question. Had the fight gone the distance and an obvious robbery ocurred, would Paulie be ranked below the other guy?

Is that a joke?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
azania wrote:This begs the question. Had the fight gone the distance and an obvious robbery ocurred, would Paulie be ranked below the other guy?

Is that a joke?

Not a joke whatsoever. Paq is still rated higher than JMM in the P4P rankings and in the welterweight division. Most observers had him winning their last fight. Normally when a guy wins he is ranked higher than the defeated fighter. Should we give more credence to official results of what we see ourselves?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 am

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Is that a joke?

Not a joke whatsoever. Paq is still rated higher than JMM in the P4P rankings and in the welterweight division. Most observers had him winning their last fight. Normally when a guy wins he is ranked higher than the defeated fighter. Should we give more credence to official results of what we see ourselves?

No, we don't compromise with sh**** results, we eliminate them by making change. This is the problem. Paulie might have beenrobbed of his last chance to win a world title, and subsequently prob would have had no where to go. And you ask "who would be higher or lowerin rnakings" like it matters. If Paulie ha dlost his career was done. Because he cut him up for TKO he is going to make another 500k to 1mill payday. Huge difference to his life. Jeez man.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Teddy Atlas has been going on about this for years. Corruption is rife in the sport and we have as many problems in Britain as they do anywhere. Remember Cox v Sai?

Heres what Teddy Atlas said after Lara v Williams. http://onthebeak.com/2011/07/21/orthodox-american-teddy-atlas-drops-refereeing-and-judging-bombshell-incompetence-is-bad-enough-but-i-know-there-is-corruption-582/
remember cox sai well i was so gutted for him !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down