The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dyatlov Pass Incident - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !!

+5
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
Derbymanc
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Dyatlov Pass Incident  - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !! Empty Dyatlov Pass Incident - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm

Read about this when I was a kid and it was more spooky than any horror fiction book could compare with...........

Ten Russian students (8 Men and Two women, One Male turned back the day before the tragedy!!) decided to celebrate attaining  their University Degrees by going on an expedition in the Ural Mountains (Siberia).....All of them experienced trekkers and skiers.......The Leader of the Expedition Dyatlov was to send a telegram when they reached a certain point..........The telegram never came and weeks later their bodies were found away from their campsite pretty much naked on the mountain............All dying from hypothermia with three of the crew having head injuries..........One of the Women had her eyes and tongue missing.....

The mountain pass on which they were found was off route...........Suggesting with the bad weather they had got lost.  The mountain pass which they were found was called Devil's pass................Later rechristened Dyatlov's pass after the leader..

The tent they were in was found ripped open from the inside..............So something must have scared them enough to leave semi naked in the middle of the night from the safety of their tent .... to go to their certain deaths....

Official cause of their deaths is listed as "Killed by a compelling natural force".....

However other expeditions from lower down in the area... commented on seeing strange Orange beacons near the expedition's location on the night of the incident.......and the location was thought to be a place where the Russians may have been nuclear testing.............

The Mansi tribe were also known to inhabit the area.......Other theorists think they may have been escaping from them...

Infrasound is another theory............

Avalanche being another............lesser theory...........

When the Russians released their report years later..... half of it was missing.........No one was allowed onto Dyatlov's pass for over three years after the incident...........It was also noted that the Russian army found the campsite days before the rescue expedition found it.....Leading to speculation that the bodies had been moved and the Campsite altered...

Dyatlov Pass is destined to remain one of the biggest mysteries of recent times !!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Dyatlov Pass Incident  - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !! Empty Re: Dyatlov Pass Incident - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !!

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

Never heard of this until now - very interesting!. I'm off to google it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Dyatlov Pass Incident  - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !! Empty Re: Dyatlov Pass Incident - 45 years on and no closer to solving the World's greatest mystery !!

Post by Derbymanc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Cracked.com wrote:#6. The Dyatlov Pass Incident
On February 2nd, 1959, during the cold winter on Kholat Syakhl ("Mountain of the Dead") in Russia, nine intrepid ski hikers decided to do what they do best, which is ski hike, whatever the hell that is. On February 26th, the first of their very dead bodies turned up. Man, who would have thought such a tragedy could strike on "The Mountain of the Dead?"

But it was the discovery of the campgrounds that added the icing to the creepy-as-Frak cake. The ski hikers' tent was shredded. The skiers were scattered around the grounds wearing either very sparse clothing or just their underwear. Three of them were found with crushed ribs and fractured skulls, but no visible defense marks or other signs of a struggle.

Oh yeah, and one of the bodies was missing a tongue.

In case you weren't already on the phone with Mulder and Scully, trace levels of radiation were supposedly found on their bodies. The official statement on what happened was about as vague and ass-covering as possible, saying it was caused by an "unknown compelling force." In laymen's terms this means, "Frak if we know."

The story has become an internet sensation over the years, with many people blaming aliens, and then ghosts, and then the yeti, or possibly all of them working in tandem.

"So we're agreed then: We tear up their tents, take a lady's tongue, and never tell a soul."

The Obvious Answer:

So there's six things that freak people out about this one:

1. The no-tongued woman

2. A mysterious orange tan on the dead bodies

3. The ripped tents

4. The hikers' lack of clothing

5. The crushing damage done to three of the hikers

6. The traces of radioactivity

The big fact that gets lost in the re-telling of this story is that the bodies weren't found until weeks later. It's not like somebody turned their back, then five minutes later all their friends were dead and half naked.

That makes the missing tongue a lot easier to explain. As disturbing as it may be, the first thing a scavenging animal is going to go for is probably the soft tissue of an open mouth, especially if it still smelled like the burrito the hiker just ate. Laying out in the sun surrounded by white snow for days also accounts for the weird tan.

The trauma and the destroyed tent points to an avalanche. Their state of undress can be explained by paradoxical undressing, a known behavior of hypothermia victims when their brains start to freeze and malfunction. In other words, it's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a group of injured avalanche victims wandering around in the middle of the night in the freezing cold.

What about the radioactivity? Or stranger details that turn up in some accounts, like orange lights in the sky? Well, there's the fact that none of that stuff turns up in the original documents from the incident, and appears to have been added later by people who just can't resist making things spookier than they are.

It's those later accounts that have stuck in the public memory, because so many of the original reports were destroyed (this was the Cold War-era Soviet Union, which treated casserole recipes as state secrets).

So none of the details on their own prove anything other than a tragic hiking accident. The conspiracy-loving public widely reject this, too busy lighting their torches and getting their pitchforks to go hunt down an, "unknown compelling force."

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-famous-unsolved-mysteries-with-really-obvious-solutions.html#ixzz3OEV2MAXz

Just for you Trussy, taken from one of cracked.com series of unsolved mysteries that have obvious solutions or have actually been solved.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

Think I saw a doccie on this on the Beeb a few weeks ago. It was a programme about Big Foot. Same thing or are barbaric deaths in the mountains a recurring theme in Russia?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm

Oh yes, the Yeti, not Big Foot. Not sure if there's a difference
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Cracked.com wrote:#6. The Dyatlov Pass Incident
On February 2nd, 1959, during the cold winter on Kholat Syakhl ("Mountain of the Dead") in Russia, nine intrepid ski hikers decided to do what they do best, which is ski hike, whatever the hell that is. On February 26th, the first of their very dead bodies turned up. Man, who would have thought such a tragedy could strike on "The Mountain of the Dead?"

But it was the discovery of the campgrounds that added the icing to the creepy-as-Frak cake. The ski hikers' tent was shredded. The skiers were scattered around the grounds wearing either very sparse clothing or just their underwear. Three of them were found with crushed ribs and fractured skulls, but no visible defense marks or other signs of a struggle.

Oh yeah, and one of the bodies was missing a tongue.

In case you weren't already on the phone with Mulder and Scully, trace levels of radiation were supposedly found on their bodies. The official statement on what happened was about as vague and ass-covering as possible, saying it was caused by an "unknown compelling force." In laymen's terms this means, "Frak if we know."

The story has become an internet sensation over the years, with many people blaming aliens, and then ghosts, and then the yeti, or possibly all of them working in tandem.

"So we're agreed then: We tear up their tents, take a lady's tongue, and never tell a soul."

The Obvious Answer:

So there's six things that freak people out about this one:

1. The no-tongued woman

2. A mysterious orange tan on the dead bodies

3. The ripped tents

4. The hikers' lack of clothing

5. The crushing damage done to three of the hikers

6. The traces of radioactivity

The big fact that gets lost in the re-telling of this story is that the bodies weren't found until weeks later. It's not like somebody turned their back, then five minutes later all their friends were dead and half naked.

That makes the missing tongue a lot easier to explain. As disturbing as it may be, the first thing a scavenging animal is going to go for is probably the soft tissue of an open mouth, especially if it still smelled like the burrito the hiker just ate. Laying out in the sun surrounded by white snow for days also accounts for the weird tan.

The trauma and the destroyed tent points to an avalanche. Their state of undress can be explained by paradoxical undressing, a known behavior of hypothermia victims when their brains start to freeze and malfunction. In other words, it's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a group of injured avalanche victims wandering around in the middle of the night in the freezing cold.

What about the radioactivity? Or stranger details that turn up in some accounts, like orange lights in the sky? Well, there's the fact that none of that stuff turns up in the original documents from the incident, and appears to have been added later by people who just can't resist making things spookier than they are.

It's those later accounts that have stuck in the public memory, because so many of the original reports were destroyed (this was the Cold War-era Soviet Union, which treated casserole recipes as state secrets).

So none of the details on their own prove anything other than a tragic hiking accident. The conspiracy-loving public widely reject this, too busy lighting their torches and getting their pitchforks to go hunt down an, "unknown compelling force."

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-famous-unsolved-mysteries-with-really-obvious-solutions.html#ixzz3OEV2MAXz

Just for you Trussy, taken from one of cracked.com series of unsolved mysteries that have obvious solutions or have actually been solved.

Certain experts think they have solved it but other experts have rubbished their assertions..

Infrasound was doing the rounds for years.......But some British theorist did a good job of dispelling that theory...

Something spooked them and I forgot to mention three of the hikers had radioactivity on their clothing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Yeti starts with Y and compromises one word, Big Foot starts with a B and has 2.

Hope that helps Raffy Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm

Valuev wasn't part of the Mansi...............Guys !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

laughing

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm

Wouldn't the tents be knee deep in snow in an avalanche? I don't live in a country with a lot of snow, so I don't know, but I would have though an avalanche would be rather apparent in physical evidence.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

The avalanche theory isn't a strong one.....Kingy !!

One thing is for sure that If a bunch of hardened raspberry .....Russian trekkers leave a tent in the middle of the night in freezing conditions pretty much naked to their obvious doom..........It has to be something fairly shocking.....

A bit more than Burnley getting a point at the Etihad !! Cool Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:04 pm

It'll be bears and an avalance. I haven't read that piece in a while but the thought that the tents were covered never crossed my mind picard

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

Derbymanc wrote:It'll be bears and an avalance. I haven't read that piece in a while but the thought that the tents were covered never crossed my mind picard

They'd have found me in the tent in my sleeping bag...............Whatever the cause Cannibals, nuclear testing, Avalanche, Infrasound, Strongy droning on about his money.......

Once I hit the sack that's it !! music music

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Russian trekkers leave a tent in the middle of the night in freezing conditions pretty much naked to their obvious doom

If it's freezing conditions, then they wouldn't have been sleeping or sitting in a tent stark boll*ck naked. They would have been fully clothed and in a bag.

It's hypothermia. It happens quite often that people in freezing conditions take their pants off as the brain begins to trick them.

Either that, or they got spooked by something, ripped their way out of their tent, but then paused to strip down to their thongs before running away.

I'm gonna hedge my bets on the former.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm

Their clothes were back in the tent.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Their clothes were back in the tent.......

Well unless they were playing strip poker with the Yeti, they still had to take them off.

They still wouldn't have been sitting in there naked telling ghost stories. At some point they took their clothes off, in or out of the tent.

Hypothermia.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Well unless they were playing strip poker with the Yeti, they still had to take them off.

Tino has solved it everybody !!!!!!! thumbsup thumbsup .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Tino has solved it everybody !!!!!!!  thumbsup  thumbsup .

You've made a complete Hugh Jackman of quoting that, Beefcake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Tino has solved it everybody !!!!!!!  thumbsup  thumbsup .

You've made a complete Hugh Jackman of quoting that, Beefcake.

You're not wrong there Mate.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 3:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Russian trekkers leave a tent in the middle of the night in freezing conditions pretty much naked to their obvious doom

If it's freezing conditions, then they wouldn't have been sleeping or sitting in a tent stark boll*ck naked.  They would have been fully clothed and in a bag.

It's hypothermia. It happens quite often that people in freezing conditions take their pants off as the brain begins to trick them.

Either that, or they got spooked by something, ripped their way out of their tent, but then paused to strip down to their thongs before running away.

I'm gonna hedge my bets on the former.
Yes officer, I merely drank so much to stave off the cold but as you can see, it was to no avail. The traffic cone on my head? Well, that's a funny story too...what are you doing with that taser?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm

I'm surprised your Wife hasn't had hypothermia sleeping with you every night..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 3:58 pm

I do tend to hog the duvet...ask your wife!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm

I went camping near Durdle Door a couple of years ago. Got pretty chilly. One night I had to scrape a bit of mud off my Hi-Tecs even though I'd been concentrating on walking on the grass and the gravel.

Try to explain that on all your internet conspiracy sites.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

Well... obviously you stepped on Poopie somewhere
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

OneTwi will have the answers Galted. I'm guessing it's something to do with the yanks though

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

This is scary stuff...... unexplained.

Like a lot of things there is more to this story then meets the eye.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 07 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm

Forgive the reboot but I noticed a 50 year old man was found dead last year at the exact same spot on Devil's mountain Dyatlov and his team were found all those years ago.....

If we go back a little before to the strange night of September 11 2002..Two local workers in the area gave this testimony. .

Uri Yakamov (Night manager at the Iyvdel Bauxite mine)...."I looked up to see strange orange lights like lanterns in the sky...I felt they sensed my presence and I ran and hid.. ..When I looked at the lights again it looked like the lights were coming towards me"..

Valentin Rudhovsky (Forest Ranger)..."I was making a fire in the area when I saw some strange orange lights..My first emotion was one of overwhelming fear...I ran and hid....Next I heard a bang and I looked and they were gone!!"....

Dyatlov Pass...Still going strong all these years later..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 4:10 pm

I've heard about this a few years ago...when I was investigating the Kaldos civilisation from the Planet Kass that may have been involved in the Kennedy assassination. Cool  
I heard about the Dyatlov Pass thing and one of the first probable solutions that came into my head was that one of the hikers maybe just went/or always was plain bat shidt crazy and suddenly started acting out his kill 'em all fantasies when he had the bunch where he wanted them

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 9:24 pm

Interesting theory........But it was suicide going off into the night half naked in those temperatures and I guess if it was me I'd take my chances with bat shidt barry at least with 8 other people on my side....

Infrasound.....Avalanche or they stumbled across a secret military experiment seem to be the favorite solutions..

But infrasound only generally affects 20% of people...

It wasn't an Avalanche prone area...and the campsite showed no effects of one...

Military experiment seems to be the least plausible.....But orange lights were seen on the mountain by more than a few parties that night.....and people were banned from Devil's mountain for three years subsequently..

Unfortunately these things do tend to end up having mundane solutions...

Who knows.........I'm going for murderous little green men from the planet Zod..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:22 pm

The Zodonians were wiped out by the Kaldosians centuries ago; which was an uncharacteristically nice thing for the Kaldosians to do as you're right, them Zod basterdes were a murderous shower!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

I'm amazed this hasn't been made into a formulaic mystery horror movie...one of those ones that ends with any one of half a dozen different endings are plausible.

My bet is it was aliens...its always aliens...

...except when it isn't. Very Happy
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down