The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To try and cheer the O.T section up

+5
Stella
Mad for Chelsea
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
9 posters

Go down

To try and cheer the O.T section up Empty To try and cheer the O.T section up

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:10 pm

What little things have you seen your kids (or any others for that matter) that have made you happy, and if it's you own, what are the little things you love to brag about?

My kids are both in the top classes for nearly all classes in school (my lad doesn't like writing) and are well liked by the teachers/parents and other kids. Might seem daft but it makes a big difference when everyone tells you how nice and polite they are whilst also pointing out X,Y or Z is a little sh!t.

Watching my little lad with animals cheers me right up, he's got a perfect affinity with them and they all seem to flock to him. Watching little Missy doing arts and crafts, she takes a lot of time in everything and creates some cracking little pieces for me to take too work.

One that made me laugh, last time I went to work, the pair of them gave me a toy each to keep me safe (I have a Teddy that watches over me,) after packing to come home, the pair were adamant that their toys had to come back because 'they're not yours daddy, you could just borrow them this time'

I may have posted these before, but the last couple of days seems to have wound everyone up so lets try and have a lighter day to stop the place being shut again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

To try and cheer the O.T section up Empty Re: To try and cheer the O.T section up

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:51 pm

You're much more paternal than I am.....I envy you that.....

You sound like a huggy huggy kind of guy............I find it hard showing my affection always have....

If I told Jo I loved her......She'd p**s herself laughing and make a Doctor's appointment....

But they do know...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

To try and cheer the O.T section up Empty Re: To try and cheer the O.T section up

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm a bit of both to be honest Truss, trying to stop the shouting though as the kids don't like it and as i'm away from home a lot it was that that they was remembering.

As long as your family know it doesn't matter what the outside world sees

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm

She doesn't know about the affair I had a few years ago and more importantly neither does her Father !! Laugh Laugh Cool Cool ..

I do regret it though...But what can you do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:04 pm

I was on the phone with my sister, who's about eleven at the moment, and I told her a rather stupid joke she didn't find funny, and she goes "A joke is only a joke if it's funny", I laughed at that... Rather simple, but I thought the obviousness was funny. Later in the convo she told me "I want to live in England so I can be on Come Dine with Me. I'm gonna make some steak for myself and give everyone else giblets and intestines (An African staple which she can't stomach), and if they ask I'm gonna say I want them to experience traditional African food"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Not do it in the first place Cool

As long as your happy now though, remember to talk things through if it's getting that bad

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Spot on that Raffy, you can't beat kids for being blunt. Both have mine figured out that if they can't hear me then i'm not really telling them off so now if i'm away and need to 'have a word' they take the phone put it down and wander off. The missus laughs too much to tell them to get back.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:She doesn't know about the affair I had a few years ago and more importantly neither does her Father !! Laugh Laugh Cool Cool ..

I do regret it though...But what can you do..
WHAT?!?!?!? You drugged her father and had sex with him?
I suppose that's one way of paying him back for the house and the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter's at the stage where she can't walk past anything in a shop and ask for it even though she has no idea what it is. The other day we were Xmas shopping and she spotted some face cream.

"Mummy, what's this?"
"It's cream that old ladies put on their face sweetheart, you don't need it!"
"Mummy, you're old, you should get it!"

P!ssed myself laughing and high-fived my daughter even though she had no idea why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:11 pm

What is happy ?????

I'm content - ish..........No one is happy !!

When you hit forty..You realise it's not a rehearsal and you think about decisions you've made.......

Made a huge one when I was 19.........

I'd have to see my parallel life back home beforeIi knew I made the right choice !!..

But things could be a lot worse !!............I don't take anything for granted though and you sound like you do........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Not do it in the first place Cool

As long as your happy now though, remember to talk things through if it's getting that bad
"Listen love, you're beginning to p!ss me off and I think I need to have sex with someone else before we split up"

What planet are you on Derby?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Not do it in the first place Cool

"Listen love, you're beginning to p!ss me off and I think I need to have sex with someone else before we split up"

What planet are you on Derby?

How do you talk to a Wife ??.............I've spent 27 years trying to get a word in !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Ha ha, you should talk before it gets to that stage Dave.

Nooo Truss, I don't take nothing for granted I just try to see the better side of things these days. I used to spend a lot of time worrying about crap that I couldn't change and ended up having a nervous breakdown, time with a physciatrist helped me get my stuff together properly and i'm a lot better for it now.
No point in worrying about the choices you didn't make, concentrate on the ones you did and make the life you've got now a happy one.

Bar the super rich on here (Hiya Milky and Strongy Wink i'm not sure any of us can take anything for granted anymore.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Psychiatrist ????......

You've gone from one extreme to another..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Yeah, life is to be enjoyed, not endured. On my way back from a holiday in Cape Town a few days ago, I saw a baboon smash a window and break into a car. I'm not sure what it took, food I assume, but it was in and out bloody quickly. Ruthless efficiency, and slightly funny to watch, even if you're a little sympathetic to the poor bastard who just got robbed by a baboon.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah, I had a breakdown coupled with depression and stress. Not the greatest thing to ever happen to me but I got through it (we're talking about 7 years ago now btw).

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

kingraf wrote:Yeah, life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Love lines like this.........

Everything sounds so simple.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 pm

It can be Truss, make sure you and your family is happy and you can't do much wrong (unless the only way to be happy is to become a cannibal or someat Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:45 pm

So if your Wife f**ks off or dies in an accident............

Or you haven't got a Wife or family what then ??...

Simplistic b**lshit.........

You must have a great life..............One of the few that has..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:46 pm

No other way mate. Everyone goes through some tough challenges. My uncle was buried on Christmas eve. My maternal grandfather was buried on my birthday, paternal grandfather on Valentines day. I dont as a rule put emphasis on dates but thats a crap draw. We had to stage an intervention for my uncle a few weeks ago because he was hassling me for money and refusing to get a job. Got family from Zimbabwe who came for the holidays and can't get back because Mugabe has made some strange laws up on the spot, as is always a possiblility when you have a 90 year old man who battled syphilis as your head of State. But like my deceased Maths teacher used to "Can you change it? No, so move on".

On the bright side though, a friend separated from her bartender husband today, which made this the second happiest day of my life.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm rather hurting at the moment from yesterday's events in Paris I'm afraid...

A few things have cheered me up: the general reaction to the tragedy is one, my wife's support and understanding is another. It's still hard to take though...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Yeah I'd say I have a pretty good life these days.
I'm married to a woman I love
got 2 cracking kids and 2 decent step kids (plus one who's a complete arse)
Don't enjoy my job much anymore and could do with a bit more money but i'm trying to change that at the minute (studyng for the CCNA, it's effin solid)

Not being funny Truss but if all you see is doom and gloom all the time, that's how you'll be.

My daughter got a make up kit for christmas, as I don't like make up (on women not on me,) and the missus doesn't use it she had to learn through Youtube. I must say that the joker look suits her :-D

For MFC
It's a terrible tragedy to be sure, but you cannot let your life stop dead or your letting the bad guys win. My heart goes out to anyone involved in anything like that and anytime it involves children my kids get a few more hugs off me.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

Not being funny Truss but if all you see is doom and gloom all the time, that's how you'll be..

Like I said I'm content...........But I don't have time for mushy crap and I put life is for "enjoying not enduring" on the same scale as ...

"Live every day as If it's your last" ..............

More complete simplistic b***Poopie...........

I'm stuck in an office doing a boring job.........and the thought of spending all my free time with Wife and Family doesn't turn me on....

I/m the kind of guy who needs his own space.....You don't........

As for your perfect life ..."the Lady doth protest too much me thinks.."

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm

The last failing of the cheat that Truss, 'nah everyone would do it if they could get away with it'

It's a shame you can't accept when other people are happy when your not but hopefully eventually you'll be happy too.

p.s ask me again though in 6 months time when the bills need paying though, you can buy me a pint Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Yeah well fine then, I'll go spread my happiness on some other topic about spreading your happiness
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Hope you're happy Mate............I don't know you......Means nothing to me....

Just worry you seem to be going "all in"........

You'd be ruined If your Mrs ever p***ed off....

The problem with people like you is you're either up or down..........Hence the psychiatrist..

I'm a pragmatist/realist and I intend to stay that way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:02 pm

I never ever say I'm happy cos you know something or someone is going to come along and ruin it. Quietly content is me. I appreciate what I have and would hate to lose it, so I'm not going to sing about it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Nah I'm happy Truss, if something bad happens i'll deal with it. Ignoring everything and letting it turn t poop was the problem last time.

Think its sad if you can't state your happy and why. You might as well be miserable.

(Told you you was a misery the other day, you've turned my happy thread 180')

Oh and you should always find joy in your kids achievements no matter how small, tell the world if you want, and fook them if they wanna put you down for it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

Not being funny Truss but if all you see is doom and gloom all the time, that's how you'll be..

Like I said I'm content...........But I don't have time for mushy crap and I put life is for "enjoying not enduring" on the same scale as ...

"Live every day as If it's your last" ..............

More complete simplistic b***Poopie...........

I'm stuck in an office doing a boring job.........and the thought of spending all my free time with Wife and Family doesn't turn me on....

I/m the kind of guy who needs his own space.....You don't........

As for your perfect life ..."the Lady doth protest too much me thinks.."
I tried that for a while but eventually got fed up of lying in a hospital bed with a rubber tube up my bum!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 pm

And Dave brings it back round again Very Happy

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:30 pm

It's what makes me so loveable!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Before I had kids I vowed not to get to competitive when it comes to school, sports etc, as ultimately how well they done was out of my control, to a certain extent.
This of course goes out of the window once they start school, and playing tennis, and Football.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:53 pm

My eldest has never been interested in Sports........

Plays Chess like his Mother and that's about it...

Can just about throw a king's gambit at somebody.....But chuck a sicilian defence my way and I'll get the checkers out !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Now I have no idea what your talking about Truss, sounds like some mafia plan or something ;-)

I'm no good at chess, the missus loves it and the daughter plays a little, my lad got bored and decided if the board was knocked over he wouldn't have to play :-D

Come to think of it, he was right as he hasn't played since ha ha.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Chess is fun mate. I played it in primary when I was fat. Quit immediately after I lost weight to play rugby and become one of the cool kids. Think it has the most comprehensive ranking system in the world if I'm not mistaken. Had a teacher who was ranked #500 000 in the world or something. Which is really impressive
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 pm

I've played off an on for years with a basic grasp of what i'm doing. My worst game was a few years back sailing with a lad that loved chess. He told me a story of playing against a braggart who he beat in something like 7 moves. I told him I wasn't that bad and he then proceeded to do the same to me, git........ In my defence I was pretty well pickled and I got my revenge by finally managing to beat him after about 100 games but still.........

Oh and my missus has just informed me that my daughter also beat me when she was 6, I would say it proves how clever she is yaddah yaddah but in truth, it shows how bad I am.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Derby the world needs more people like you.

I had the most wonderful Christmas with a large (and increasing, for the first time we welcomed my sister-in-law for the holiday season) family who all get on very well and love and support each other through everything. I am also fortunate enough to have a lovely other half (future fiancée is how my mum puts it when she is being particularly embarrassing...) who puts up with me watching as much sport as I like amongst many other things.

Of course not everything is always rosy, things have been challenging in the past and no doubt will be so again, but at the end of the day those things pale into insignificance compared with what actually matters.

As for the little things... there's a guy I coach at cricket who posted a really thoughtful post on FB after the recent events in Paris. That really made me smile.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Derbymanc wrote:What little things have you seen your kids (or any others for that matter) that have made you happy, and if it's you own, what are the little things you love to brag about?

My kids are both in the top classes for nearly all classes in school (my lad doesn't like writing) and are well liked by the teachers/parents and other kids. Might seem daft but it makes a big difference when everyone tells you how nice and polite they are whilst also pointing out X,Y or Z is a little sh!t.

Watching my little lad with animals cheers me right up, he's got a perfect affinity with them and they all seem to flock to him. Watching little Missy doing arts and crafts, she takes a lot of time in everything and creates some cracking little pieces for me to take too work.

One that made me laugh, last time I went to work, the pair of them gave me a toy each to keep me safe (I have a Teddy that watches over me,) after packing to come home, the pair were adamant that their toys had to come back because 'they're not yours daddy, you could just borrow them this time'

I may have posted these before, but the last couple of days seems to have wound everyone up so lets try and have a lighter day to stop the place being shut again

Don't ever post on the boxing forum again!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah................................................................................................... i'm not gonna take that advice from the guy that nobody wants to post, cheers though :thumbsupTo try and cheer the O.T section up 59-anne-emond

And i've found another comic that fits you

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Derbymanc wrote:My kids are both in the top classes for nearly all classes in school (my lad doesn't like writing) and are well liked by the teachers/parents and other kids. Might seem daft but it makes a big difference when everyone tells you how nice and polite they are whilst also pointing out X,Y or Z is a little sh!t.
To try and cheer the O.T section up Smug-alert1-e1353337075275

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Damn Straight Steffan, if your gonna be smug over anything, better it be your kids rather than your weekly wage or your amazing good looks Wink

(Plus it does help if your teaching your kids how to treat people properly rather than try and tell everyone little Johnny is just creative as he's kicking your legs in the supermarket queue)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:20 am

Derbymanc wrote:Damn Straight Steffan, if your gonna be smug over anything, better it be your kids rather than your weekly wage or your amazing good looks Wink
Agree with the good looks bit as I sadly don't have them but as someone who never has and never wants kids I would happily brag about my massive wage packet (something again which I will never get on a major scale) than anything else. Travelling has always been my passion though so the more 'Steffan has just come back from so and so' will be my smug factor Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:22 am

Very Happy
Fair do's Steff buddy, You should let us all know where and when you travel (so we can avoid it of course Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:03 pm

https://vine.co/v/ewJP7Mh0A1V

This is too adorable to put into words.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down