The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Rumble Title match

+13
Fernando
The_Enigma
RinoGattuso
Mat
NickisBHAFC
Crimey
Scott Hall
DrDeath
Dolphin Ziggler
liverbnz
Samo
Prometheus
Adam D
17 posters

Go down

Royal Rumble Title match Empty Royal Rumble Title match

Post by Adam D Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:02 am

SO its been announced its now a three way between Lesnar,Cena and Rollins.
How do you think it will play out?

My prediction:

I think that Rollins will win by pinning Cena in an opportunistic moment after Lesnar has beaten him down.

Keeps Lesnar strong for when he comes back and gives a heel champ going into Mania.

I then think the Rumble winner will beat Rollins at Mania but lose it immediately on a MITB cash in during his celebration.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble Title match Empty Re: Royal Rumble Title match

Post by Prometheus Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:57 am

I'm never thrilled by three-ways, but agree with many that its preferable to another Lesnar / Cena match.

I do think it is brilliant that Rollins is in the main event picture. He was probably the one I was least convinced would be able to make it after the Shield split. In particular, having seen how Orton became a bit-part as Evolution re-joined, I was worried that he'd be lost in the Authority. But fair dues to WWE they've really pushed him with the MitB briefcase and J&J Security, mic time, etc.

I agree with Rollins taking the title in a heelish way and heading into WM as the champ. For me, that would mean Reigns winning the Rumble to set up a match between these two. But WWE has options with Bryan returning, etc.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:00 pm

Theres no chance in hell Lesnar loses the title till Mania. Rollins is only there so Super Cena doesnt take the fall.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

Cena wins pinning Rollins. Lesnar has yet not signed with WWE post mania hence the reason behind the thinking that he won't be walking into WWE's biggest event as the champ. They've learnt their lesson from 11 years ago.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

They had an easy story to tell with Lesnar and Cena and they've bowed down to pressure from the internet. Lesnar should be beating Cena clean, hard fought but ultimately clean win, then going on to Mania to lose.

Even now I think they'd be better having Rollins attacked backstage just before the title match, kept out of it then have a segment after where he demands a spot in the Rumble. Easy spot where he comes in, eliminates a couple people then grabs the mic complaining about an unknown assailant...Orton's music hits and it becomes obvious it was him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

Does Rollins only have until Mania to cash in?

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Hall Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

Im going for Cena to pin Rollins for the title. Lesnar to go ballistic and beat Cena to a pulp, allowing Rollins to cash in and leave with the title.
Scott Hall
Scott Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

He has until Money in the Bank.

I am shocked anybody actually thinks Rollins is winning, no way is he going to be champion going into Wrestlemania rather than Lesnar or Cena. For one whoever goes over him at Mania wouldn't get much of a rub beating Rollins.

He's in the match to take the pin for sure, WWE didn't want Cena or Leanar to be pinned at this point. Unfortunately I think this is going to be a Cena win as well. Then Reigns to beat Cena, Bryan to face Lesnar for whatever reason.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 07 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm

Very very very unlikely. Anyone fancy Heyman to screw Lesnar and have Rollins win the match? Very far fetched I know.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 07 Jan 2015, 6:15 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Very very very unlikely. Anyone fancy Heyman to screw Lesnar and have Rollins win the match? Very far fetched I know.

I think that's going to happen at some point, if Lesnar leaves, but don't think it will be at the Rumble. Either Rollins takes the pin or curb stomps Cena just as he's about go for the pin, leaving Lesnar to get the cover.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:03 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Im going for Cena to pin Rollins for the title. Lesnar to go ballistic and beat Cena to a pulp, allowing Rollins to cash in and leave with the title.

This.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:15 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Very very very unlikely. Anyone fancy Heyman to screw Lesnar and have Rollins win the match? Very far fetched I know.

Didn't that exact thing happen about 10 years ago when Heyman turned his back on Lesnar and join Big Show.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:27 pm

Exactly.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:07 am

More convoluted bull.

I do see it as genuinely the only way to make Bryan losing the Rumble acceptable. Lesnar kills Cena after John pins Seth. Seth cashes in. Crazy Lesnar ruins Rumble. Bryan's number comes up and he storms out to brawl with Lesnar, eliminating himself as he flies over the top rope whilst battling Brock. If they could work it so Ziggler was the only man in the ring remaining, Brock bearing down on him only for Bryan's music to hit, Brock eliminating Bryan then Ziggler eliminating Brock then I'd love that. I'd love Ziggler to get that rub even if he had to lose to Lesnar at Fast Lane just to round it off.

Lesnar should just win and face Bryan, Ziggler or Reigns though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Jan 2015, 9:36 pm

WWE World Title Spoiler - WWE Advert cocked up:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:14 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:More convoluted bull.

I do see it as genuinely the only way to make Bryan losing the Rumble acceptable. Lesnar kills Cena after John pins Seth. Seth cashes in. Crazy Lesnar ruins Rumble. Bryan's number comes up and he storms out to brawl with Lesnar, eliminating himself as he flies over the top rope whilst battling Brock. If they could work it so Ziggler was the only man in the ring remaining, Brock bearing down on him only for Bryan's music to hit, Brock eliminating Bryan then Ziggler eliminating Brock then I'd love that. I'd love Ziggler to get that rub even if he had to lose to Lesnar at Fast Lane just to round it off.

Lesnar should just win and face Bryan, Ziggler or Reigns though.

Dolph Ziggler shouldn't be anywhere near a Wrestlemania title match, so many better people to be in that spot and so many more people who would gain more from it. Ziggler essentially should consolidate his place in the upper mid-card, he's not a main eventer for me. 

Don't think there's much chance at all of Rollins going into Wrestlemania as champion either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:34 pm

Hes probably the second most over face, has performed fantastically all year and is a brilliant character and wrestler.

In fact, I think it works even better now he's been fired.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:57 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Hes probably the second most over face, has performed fantastically all year and is a brilliant character and wrestler.

In fact, I think it works even better now he's been fired.

I just don't see it, I don't know what his character is, he's supposed to be a show off but doesn't show off? What is it then?

I also don't think he's a brilliant wrestler either, for me he hasn't had a memorable match in the WWE.

He's not the second most over face either, Bryan, Cena, Reigns and Ambrose all get bigger reactions and sell more merchandise.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:02 am

No. No they dont. Cena I will give you but he has detractors and those who boo him. Ziggler is over with both crowds, adult and child. Ambrose isnt and Reigns isnt either. He has definitely had a lot of very good matches, certainly more stand out singles matches than Ambrose and Reigns. He has delivered a few varied styles of promo, certainly come back from a lot of attempts to bury him and remained over, had huge moments and the story is most suited to overcoming the odds and being in the title match.

Its not a specific "character set". We're not making a character and Smackdown Here Comes the Pain. Its character in terms of personality.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 14 Jan 2015, 3:38 am

I would rather see Ziggler at Mania than Reigns at this point.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:26 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:No. No they dont. Cena I will give you but he has detractors and those who boo him. Ziggler is over with both crowds, adult and child. Ambrose isnt and Reigns isnt either. He has definitely had a lot of very good matches, certainly more stand out singles matches than Ambrose and Reigns. He has delivered a few varied styles of promo, certainly come back from a lot of attempts to bury him and remained over, had huge moments and the story is most suited to overcoming the odds and being in the title match.

Its not a specific "character set". We're not making a character and Smackdown Here Comes the Pain. Its character in terms of personality.

He doesn't have a character full stop, he's very inconsistent and hard to support because of this. I don't think he is more over than them, he's had a bigger pop before, but that's just because it was the night after Wrestlemania and it was a cash in, I don't think he's really hit the heights since then. He gets a good amount of cheers but I think Ambrose or Reigns coming out still gets a bigger reaction these days. Think Ambrose's matches with Rollins were better than anything Ziggler has ever done and that's not taking into account the matches they both had as part of The Shield.

I don't think Dolph Ziggler will win the world title again as long as its unified and I think that's fine because, for me, he has shown no main event calibre attributes. I think he's got a unique, but silly, look. On the mic I think he's average at best, his backstage promos often have good ideas with mediocre delivery and in the ring I think he's very one-dimensional and boring, his matches very rarely draw me in.

I think he's just today's John Morrison or Shelton Benjamin, they're not bad by any means, they're actually very good in the grand scheme of things, they're just not main eventers but they're solid wrestlers who will always have a place on the roster.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeliever Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm

Cena pins Rollins.
Lesnar goes crazy when he realises what has happened and decimates Cena.
Rollins waits until Lesnar has walked off and calls in a ref to cash in the Money in the Bank contract.
The bell goes and Rollins goes to pin Cena as the Authority stand proudly at the top of the ramp when the lights go out...they come back on with Sting standing over an unconscious Rollins.
The Authority stand stunned as Triple H holds his head in his hands as Sting slowly raises his baseball bat and points in at Triple H.

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:55 pm

Unbeliever wrote:Cena pins Rollins.
Lesnar goes crazy when he realises what has happened and decimates Cena.
Rollins waits until Lesnar has walked off and calls in a ref to cash in the Money in the Bank contract.
The bell goes and Rollins goes to pin Cena as the Authority stand proudly at the top of the ramp when the lights go out...they come back on with Sting standing over an unconscious Rollins.
The Authority stand stunned as Triple H holds his head in his hands as Sting slowly raises his baseball bat and points in at Triple H.
THIS. WOULD. BE .EPIC.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm

Would it? I'm pretty much expecting Sting very soon, but i'm not sure it would be epic, it would be annoying. Lesnar not being the champ at Mania is annoying in all ways. I'd rather Lesnar won after an intense match and then Rollins hits the stomp right after the 3. Then Sting can get involved, once the other story is told correctly

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:44 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There's none so blind as those who will not see.

I have to agree with Crimey regarding Ziggles, whilst he ticks so many boxes for what should make a great wrestler for me he just doesn't have that little bit of magic to make it as The guy or even the guy to face The guy.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm

Would've liked to have seen Rollins cash in MITB this past RAW with Lesnar down. Would've been un-expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Jan 2015, 10:40 pm

Hero wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There's none so blind as those who will not see.

I have to agree with Crimey regarding Ziggles, whilst he ticks so many boxes for what should make a great wrestler for me he just doesn't have that little bit of magic to make it as The guy or even the guy to face The guy.

Magic = wasnt on the indies.

I dont think he should be "the guy" (not that I like that as a concept) but I think his story and his popularity lead to it being his shot

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 17 Jan 2015, 4:16 pm

I really like Ziggler and think he could go onto the main event level but this years mania is far too soon for him, his great but random survivors win hasn't really been capitalized on and he needs a solid rebuild to put him in that picture.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

But winning the Rumble would do that. I see him as one of the group rather than a system where theres "a man". I think he's good enough and I think the story is worth it. However, I wouldnt call him the best theyve got

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down