The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA

2 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA Empty Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Been reading Brock Lesnar is set to make a return to MMA, both UFC & Bellator are looking to sign him. Thoughts on his return to MMA, can he be a name again or is this just the promotional companies looking for a cash injection. Apparently UFC's ppv's have taken a downward turn this year.

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA Empty Re: Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:54 am

Lesnar isn't cut out for MMA, basically he doesn't like get hit and when he can't overwhelm/bully people with his sheer size, he's ineffectual. The writing was already on the wall before Velasquez brutalized him. Kudos to Brock for making the transition from WWE to the UFC but it's akin to someone doing pantomime then taking on a serious theatre role and expecting to be brilliant at it.

Billy Pearce isn't playing Macbeth any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA Empty Re: Brock Lesnar rumoured to be returning to MMA

Post by Clunge4life Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:59 am

Lesnar cannot hang with the elite Heavyweights in the UFC like Velasquez, Dos Santos, Werdum but im pretty sure he would steamroll the likes of Roy Nelson, Steven Struve etc

Also if he has fully recovered from his illness we might see a very different Brock Lesnar.

The man is money and i will definitely be watching if he returns to the UFC.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 am

2 important things to remember about Lesnar:

1) He has an amateur wrestling background which is is more relevant when dicussing his transition to MMA than his porfessional wrestling background;

2) He had a very serious illness when fighting in UFC so difficult to judge his later fights especially.

He may not like getting hit but I think I'd reserve judgement on that particular point.

But for what it's worth I dont think he will be returning to MMA.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:29 pm

liverbnz wrote:2 important things to remember about Lesnar:

1) He has an amateur wrestling background which is is more relevant when dicussing his transition to MMA than his porfessional wrestling background;

2) He had a very serious illness when fighting in UFC so difficult to judge his later fights especially.

He may not like getting hit but I think I'd reserve judgement on that particular point.

But for what it's worth I dont think he will be returning to MMA.
He wasn't ill when Frank Mir made him tap out. Irrespective of his amateur wrestling background, when it comes to being hit in the face, Lesnar's reaction is to cover up. He'd supposedly recovered when he fought Velasquez, but watch that fight and tell me you reserve judgement on him being thumped in the face. He's the MMA equivalent of Audley Harrison

As someone said though, he's money in the bank but I'd like to think that MMA fan's are a tad more knowledgeable about him now and as such, the clamour for him to return would be nothing like his previous tenure.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

His defeat to Mir was really down to naiviety.

And he'd never got rid of the illness till he left MMA a few years ago. Remember he was pretty lucky to be alive after receiving rubbish treatment in the early stages. But, I'm not saying that he doesn't like to get hit in the face or that he would be the best MMA fighter of all time. I just would have liked to have seen him continue to fight on with no health issues nagging away it him, hindering his training and preparation. And if still got beat, so be it.

As I say, I don't think he's coming back, I think it's just simple contract posturing with the WWE or whoever he has eyes on post April. Could easily be wrong though.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

The plus points for Lesnar are he has a great wrestling background, is big and is very athletic for a man of his size but as many have said he just doesn't like getting hit and when he does his instinct isn't to fight back. Another problem with regards to his previous mma training was that Brock Lesnar was trained by Brock Lesnar and his yes men! To be competitive in mma you need to have a good team behind you, train alongside the best not go it alone. Clearly he is not going to able to compete with the very best but as has been said you would have to give him a very good chance against the 2nd tier, Nelson, Struve, Schaub etc anybody who is basically a wrestler ground & pound type. Personally I think its way to late for him to go back to the drawing board and train mma and be successful but I think he could still get some wins and the fact he'll bring money in could end up in an title eliminator, we all know how the UFC works and Bellator would definitely try and make him a champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down