The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar - Your thoughts?

+6
crippledtart
Shot 21 LCFC
Fernando
President Trump
ADMIN
UpsideDownFace
10 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar - Your thoughts? Empty Brock Lesnar - Your thoughts?

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

I remember a couple of weeks ago I said I would do a thread on one of my favourite WWE superstars of all time, Brock Lesnar.

So here it is, nothing too complicated, I just wanted to get your detailed views on him and what legacy you think he has left behind.

So, let's look at his career (with a little help from wikipedia) in the 2 short years he was there:

Debuted the night after Wrestlemania X8. Taking out Al Snow, Maven and Spike Dudley. He had Paul Heyman, one of the best talkers in the business, as his manager. A great decision.

Made his in-ring debut against The Hardy Boys in a handicap match at Backlash 2002. He won the match via KO.

In June 2002, won the KOTR Tournament, beating RVD in the final. Earned a Championship match against The Rock at SummerSlam.

Became the youngest WWE Champion at the age of 25 when he defeated The Rock.

Beat The Undertaker in a brutal HIAC match at No Mercy.

Held the Title until Survivor Series, when he was pinned by Big Show. This was the first time he had been pinned.

Won Royal Rumble 2003, last eliminating Undertaker.

Beat Kurt Angle in the Main Event of Wrestlemania XIX to win back the WWE Title.

Ended up in a feud with Big Show, beating him in a stretcher match at Judgement Day 2003.

Held the Title until Vengeance, losing to Kurt Angle in a Triple Threat Match.

Won the Title AGAIN on SmackDown in an IronMan match against Angle.

Held the Title until No Way Out 2004. Losing to Eddie.

Final Match at Wrestlemania XX. Losing to Goldberg.

Right, that is some list. He achieved a hell of a lot more in 2 years than most people would in a 10-15 year career.

What are your thoughts on Lesnar?

I love him, I thought he was brilliant. He will always be up there on my list of favourites, despite the short time he was there.

I'll ask the question I asked on the other article. What legacy do you think he left behind? What do the people high up in company think of him? Do they feel like they gave him everything and he threw it back in their faces? Or that they did pretty much everything they could with him?

What do the leaders of the locker-room think of him? And what did they think of him when he was there?

For me, Future Hall of Famer Smile

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar - Your thoughts? Empty Re: Brock Lesnar - Your thoughts?

Post by ADMIN Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

It's a shame that there isn't a heel like him about at present, it just doesn't seem the done deal anymore to have dominant heels, Henry occasionally gets to show his strength but no-one ever is really going to take that serious (and Kane got his title run for a while).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

You forgot his greatest achievment.....Breaking Zach Gowans good leg Yahoo

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:You forgot his greatest achievment.....Breaking Zach Gowans good leg Yahoo

im pretty sure that's his only leg thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

Technichally he lost the match to Zach Gowen. By DQ.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

When he debuted, I thought he was really green, and he seemed like someone who only got a push because he had huge muscles. But within literally just a few months he looked like he totally belonged. A very underrated promo and a very good worker, and he had an amazing look. I always thought he was one of those wrestlers who "got it", who realised what their role was and played it to perfection.

- What legacy do you think he left behind?
A mostly negative one, in that the experience with him leaving has made the company very suspicious of any young wrestlers. It gave Vince McMahon yet another reason to be reluctant about pushing newcomers, and probably explains why Wade Barrett and Sheamus were relegated back to the midcard after initially looking like genuine stars. Sometimes, if a wrestler just has that it factor, you have to push them. But as a result of Brock "abandoning ship", Vince insists they spend years proving themselves (and being defined as midcarders) before they earn his confidence.
As far as the memories he left behind, I would agree with you that he accomplished more in two years than many accomplish in a whole career. He had some truly excellent matches and was involved in some very memorable segments.

- What do the people high up in company think of him?
The ones who drink the Kool Aid see him as a traitor. The ones who had 30-year careers and never achieved what he did see him as ungrateful and not being tough enough to survive the business. Others are pleased he made it out alive.

- Do they feel like they gave him everything and he threw it back in their faces? Or that they did pretty much everything they could with him?
See above. I'm sure Vince McMahon thinks he gave Brock everything and was met with ingratitude.

- What do the leaders of the locker-room think of him? And what did they think of him when he was there?
They saw great ability in him but there was obviously some resentment. I'm sure the view of the locker room leaders is the same as those at the top of the company: A few are probably happy for him, but most are bitter or resentful towards him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

Lesnar was an absolute beast of a guy and for me legitimised the business, I do think he got to much to soon but sometimes guys just belong at the top table, the WWE did so much right with Lesnar but on the flip side the WWE are now reluctant to make such a spectacular investment in someone unknown incase they use their WWE made popularity to move their career in a different path

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

I think it is such a shame he is not in the WWE. I thought his feud with Cena was on the start to something better. He achieved a hell of a lot in such a short space of time.

Think gaffer hit it on the head when he said he 'legitimised' the business.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully will get some more before this article drifts away into the sea of 606 v2. I ordered the Here Comes The Pain DVD the other and is has come today. I know it's not got the whole of the time he was there but it's got most of the best bits. Gonna sit down in a minute and watch.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:57 pm

To much too soon normally means the guy doesnt have a long career.
Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Rock and Brock all have the same issues they went up the ladder very quickly and had no where to go afterwards apart from down.
The ones that took years to make the big break through are normally the ones who appreciate it more and have a long career.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

I don't think he acheived too much too soon. Like Gaffer said some guys just belong at the top table. His impact was such that his push didn't seem undeserved.
Take Orton for example he was pushed way too soon just to wipe Lesnar's record of being the youngest ever champ. No one can argue that Orton isn't worthy of his place at the top now but back then he wasn't a world champ. Lesnar felt legit when he beat The Rock at Summerslam he never felt like a fraud as champ

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

no but those who have to wait many years to reach the top are the ones who cling on the longest, look how long it took people like shawn michaels and bret hart and look how long their careers lasted.
then look at ultimate warrior who started wrestling in 1986 and by 1990 was beating Hulk in WM6.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

AlynDavies wrote:no but those who have to wait many years to reach the top are the ones who cling on the longest, look how long it took people like shawn michaels and bret hart and look how long their careers lasted.
then look at ultimate warrior who started wrestling in 1986 and by 1990 was beating Hulk in WM6.

I think you've made a bit of a generalisation there buddy.... I can think of quite a few who've been given the title early but still gone on to have long distinguished careers... Kane, Big Show, Taker, Angle etc

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:29 pm

Sure but most of those examples has runs in other companies prior to going to work for WWE.
Angle was already a amateur wrestler I believe.
Taker had a job in WCW before WWF, and he only had the title for a day just because the WWF was desperate for a new bad guy who wasnt a steriod body.
I think Kane was tried in a few different roles before Kane, he was a doctor or something then he was a clone of diesel after they went to WCW.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:56 pm

You're entirely wrong regarding The Undertaker's first run with the belt, he was used to gage the reaction of the crowd to Hogan losing the title and while Hogan won it back a week later it was declared vacant not long after, Taker was just a pawn to ultimately get the strap off Hogan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:23 am

Let's try and keep this thread on Lesnar please guys

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down