The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 18 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by lfc91 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:55 am

Legend - Saw it on Saturday night. Loved it. Was the perfect combination of funny/downright mental! Some may point to the fact it isn't 100% accurate and true to events (Where Jack the Hat was killed for instance) as a reason to slightly lower there opinion. Leaving that a side I cant imagine anyone who enjoys that type of film not enjoying it. Thought Hardy was excellent in both roles.

Overall- 9/10

lfc91

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Stella Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm off to watch Legend tonight. I was far from convinced after seeing the trailer, but everyone who has seen it, has enjoyed it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Know a number of people who have seen it, not one negative report. Most extremely positive.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:35 pm

lfc91 wrote:Legend - Saw it on Saturday night. Loved it. Was the perfect combination of funny/downright mental! Some may point to the fact it isn't 100% accurate and true to events (Where Jack the Hat was killed for instance) as a reason to slightly lower there opinion. Leaving that a side I cant imagine anyone who enjoys that type of film not enjoying it. Thought Hardy was excellent in both roles.

Overall- 9/10
They couldn't do that as it's where the Olympic stadium is

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
lfc91 wrote:Legend - Saw it on Saturday night. Loved it. Was the perfect combination of funny/downright mental! Some may point to the fact it isn't 100% accurate and true to events (Where Jack the Hat was killed for instance) as a reason to slightly lower there opinion. Leaving that a side I cant imagine anyone who enjoys that type of film not enjoying it. Thought Hardy was excellent in both roles.

Overall- 9/10
They couldn't do that as it's where the Olympic stadium is

HAHA I mean't the general surroundings/environment it occurs in.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by wisden Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:54 pm

saw Legend the other night as well...thought it was great...it was long, but really enjoyed the film..

wisden

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 pm

cant say im all aboard the tom hardy hype train just yet. the majority of his films (bane, mad max, warrior)  i can barely understand a word he says, but then again everybody loves old brando and he's the same for mumbling

he's been in some good films so far, but im less than convinced, its good due to hardys appearance

haven't see legend yet, but will give it a go

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Legend was enjoyable, couldn't work out if they meant it to be as funny as it was but overall one of the better films i've had to endure the cinema to watch in recent times.

8/10

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Legend

A very well directed and shot film from a cinematography point of view, also very well acted especially Hardy whos exceptional however personally for me I felt like this movie was far too long and dragged on. It felt like it was 3 hours long to me rather than the actual running time.

Also I disliked the ending of this film as it felt so anti-climatic and just "ended." I understand its based on a true story but I personally was rather disappointed.

7/10.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Legend

Haven't seen it but I don't like to feel left out.

As a student of the Rowley school of cinematic snobbery and using the Tino scale of cinematic achievement I'd say it was sh1t and give it 3.117/10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Having reconsidered i'll change it to a 7/10, forgot how much I disliked the narration being from Frances' point of view, all a bit pointless and would have been better served to concentrate on the brothers.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Then I'll change mine to 3.117/10.003

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Legend

Not really my thing but Tom Cruise was excellent in one of his earlier film roles 3.14159265359/10

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Legend

Not entirely sure of the name so, without watching it, I give it a 2.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:57 am

Rowley wrote:Legend

Not really my thing but Tom Cruise was excellent in one of his earlier film roles 3.14159265359/10

Tim Curry stole the show though as the Devil. Personally I preferred Krull. 4/10

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 am

Legend.

Utter sh*te. The CGI zombies were appalling and Tom Hardy was terrible. Why did they black him up and not just get a black actor? I don't even think there were zombies when the Kraze were ruling Eastenders. And where the f*ck was the Blind Beggar? Or the Queen Vic. The only redeeming feature was when the stupid ugly dog died. Me and the kids cheered our little hearts out at that part.

Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence: 2/10
Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement: 1.985/10
Rowley Scale of Cinematic Snobbery: 2.111147859544785/10
Hammersmith Scale of Cinematic Inaccuracies: 7/10

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:47 am

Got that wrong. I think it was I Am Legend that I watched.

As you were.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:51 am

If my f*ckwit phone did emoticons I'd do a l*l one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 am

Legend was excellent, thanks to Hardy. I'm sure there were a few inaccuracies, though damned if I know what they were. As mentioned by Hammer, I wasn't sold on the Francis narration, and also how much she was involved in the film.

8/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:36 am

Are you taking the urine out of me just because I don't agree with it being a good film?
I'm sorry I didn't know opinions weren't allowed.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:48 am

legend
ˈlɛdʒ(ə)nd/Submit
noun

a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.
"the legend of King Arthur"
synonyms: myth, saga, epic, folk tale, folk story, traditional story, tale, story, fairy tale, narrative, fable, romance; More

an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
"the man was a living legend"
synonyms: celebrity, star, superstar, icon, famous person, great, genius, phenomenon, luminary, giant, big name.

4/10

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Bull wrote:Are you taking the urine out of me just because I don't agree with it being a good film?
I'm sorry I didn't know opinions weren't allowed.

They're just joking because there were a few Legend reviews in a row. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Oh right, my mistake! Ill break the chain.

Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation.

It is what is expected, like the Bond films you get what you expect with this series. Personally I thought it was a good movie although the plot always seems to be the same in this series in one way or another Ethan Hunt must prove that he isn't a rouge agent, I mean give the guy a break.

Renner, Baldwin, Pegg and Ferguson are all great in their roles although I felt like Ferguson's accent slipped a couple of times.
Again another film which I felt dragged on and personally thought the previous entry (Ghost Protocol) was much better.

The action scene is usual really good too.

7/10

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Legend

Guess golf fans might like it, but as I am not a big golf fan it kind of passed me by. Decent chemistry between Damon and Smith though and as always Charlize Theron is fit. 4.3 on the Rowley scale of film snobbery. 2.3 without Theron.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Legend

One for the historical among us. Pitt was his usual smoldering self, but for me it's Hopkins that really holds the film together with a stellar performance.

6.5/10

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Legend

Showed all of Cocker's usual lyrical wit, but does not have the catchiness of the hits that were to follow such as Common People. 4.2 on the Rowley scale of musical snobbery.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Bull wrote:Oh right, my mistake! Ill break the chain.

Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation.

It is what is expected, like the Bond films you get what you expect with this series. Personally I thought it was a good movie although the plot always seems to be the same in this series in one way or another Ethan Hunt must prove that he isn't a rouge agent, I mean give the guy a break.

Renner, Baldwin, Pegg and Ferguson are all great in their roles although I felt like Ferguson's accent slipped a couple of times.  
Again another film which I felt dragged on and personally thought the previous entry (Ghost Protocol) was much better.

The action scene is usual really good too.

7/10  

Does Tom go all tranny in this one?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:37 pm

He has sued for less Super. I know you're one of the UK's finest legal minds but do you want to take on the Church of Scientology?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:39 pm

I have very little to lose so might as well go for it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Legend

All your favourite Bob Marley hits on one fantastic compilation album. What better way to enjoy some classical music artistry than smoking a joint and remembering what it was like to be care free.

8.5/10

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Alistair wrote:Legend

All your favourite Bob Marley hits on one fantastic compilation album. What better way to enjoy some classical music artistry than smoking a joint and remembering what it was like to be care free.

8.5/10
One of my favourite CD's. I think I'll put it in my car CD player today. Very Happy

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Legend

As a sequel I expected it to be more linked to the first film, and its a shame Daniel Day Lewis wouldn't reprise his Academy Award winning role from the 1989 film.

3.6/10

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Has anyone see Legend?

I've been thinking of giving it a watch but would prefer to know if it's any good first.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm

No.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Oh boll0cks.

I'll have to watch something else then.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 am

It was Tom Cruise's finest moment...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:43 am

Galted wrote:Has anyone see Legend?

I've been thinking of giving it a watch but would prefer to know if it's any good first.

I considered watching it last night, but don't particularly agree with the glamourisation of violence and criminality. I watched Goodfellas instead, that was brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 am

I watched "The Krays" instead, superimposed Tom Hardy's face over that of the Kemp Brothers and saved myself a tenner!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am

Possibly the most Yorkshire comment ever posted on here Dave. I doff my cap to you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Wet Hot American Summer

I've never understood a film less. Its incredibly irreverent, often beyond any sense of logic and unpredictable. Found it so weirdly hilarious.

Cast is ridiculous.

8/10

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:33 am

Kung Fu Killer...formulaic martial arts flick made bearable by Donnie Yen. I ignore all plot, character development and concentrate on the Chop Socky action....I find it helps. For this reason, Raid 2 is one of the best martial arts films in years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:18 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Wet Hot American Summer

I've never understood a film less. Its incredibly irreverent, often beyond any sense of logic and unpredictable. Found it so weirdly hilarious.

Cast is ridiculous.

8/10

Started with the Netflix show of this last night. Quite enjoyed it.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:45 am

Mission (clearly not) Impossible - Whatever number we're up to now.... Using the suspension of disbelief I discovered that this film is still far-fetched b()llocks and whilst watchable, left no long lasting impression on me. To watch a film and be indifferent at the end seems a waste of time and effort for everyone involved. Still Tom Cruise bagged another $50million so why she he care?

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:46 am

DAVE667 wrote:Mission (clearly not) Impossible - Whatever number we're up to now.... Using the suspension of disbelief I discovered that this film is still far-fetched b()llocks and whilst watchable, left no long lasting impression on me. To watch a film and be indifferent at the end seems a waste of time and effort for everyone involved. Still Tom Cruise bagged another $50million so why she he care?

Did he use the $50m for some sort of operation?!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 am

Jurassic World...utter cr*p. Wanted the older of the two brothers to be killed within ten seconds of him being on screen. What a c*nt!

The scenes where the soldiers were trying to capture the escaped dinosaurs was complete rip off of the scene in Aliens when they first enter LV427 (or whatever it was called).

The original Jurassic Park whilst also cr*p at least had the classic scene with the vibrating glass of water and the tension of waiting to see the T-Rex. This film had nothing to justify it's existence. Absolutely no tension, drama or anything remotely interesting.

1/10

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:34 am

anybody seen the martian yet? going pictures tonight and wondered if it was any good. good ratings on imdb but any new flick gets a good rating on there these days. new generation are easily please it would seem

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:17 pm

We Are Still Here - Low budget horror flick set in the 70's. Couple lose their son in a car crash and relocate to a new home in the middle of nowhere. Creepy goings on and general small town weirdness abound. Par for the course horror story. No great surprises, no big names (one old bloke that you'd know if you saw him but would know what he'd been in......unless you were a nerd like Galted)

No nudity which was good given the female lead was beyond middle-aged and the other woman looked like someone had set fire to her face and then tried to put it out with a hammer.

4/10 and that's being generous

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 pm

The Cabin in the Woods... It was okay. If you're into f**ked up films then this is one for you.

Source Code... It was decent, and a bit weird.

Once Upon a Time in the West... Finally got around to watching all of it, and it was good but didn't live up to expectations. Certainly not the greatest western of all time as I've heard it be dubbed (yes I realise some characters were also dubbed).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:The Cabin in the Woods... It was okay. If you're into f**ked up films then this is one for you.

Once Upon a Time in the West... Finally got around to watching all of it, and it was good but didn't live up to expectations. Certainly not the greatest western of all time as I've heard it be dubbed (yes I realise some characters were also dubbed).
Wasn't that Young Guns?

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:The Cabin in the Woods... It was okay. If you're into f**ked up films then this is one for you.

Wasn't that Young Guns?

Haven't seen it. Maybe I'll get around to it after watching Paint Your Wagon... On this note I also enjoyed The Outlaw Josey Wales, starring Clint Eastwood. So perhaps it's just my taste rather than the movie itself.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next