The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by SecretFly Wed 06 May 2015, 11:24 am

Mr Bounce wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'd much prefer Jamie's "real" food.  A toss of this, a few fingers of that, a drizzle of the other and a few leaves spluttered there to maybe make it look a bit better.  It doesn't matter what he cooks, I always want to eat it.  Can't really say that about any other 'celebrity' chef since my personal favourite Keith Floyd, who wasn't really a chef at all, just a lowly cook.

Keith Floyd is Casey Ryback??!! Erm Headscratch Yikes

He was to me Wink Same frizzled hair too.............. Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 11:25 am

Hmmm, cakes with Erica Eleniak jumping out topless...oh yeah!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 06 May 2015, 6:28 pm

watched a few over the weekend

raid 2: didnt have a clue what was going on in the story half the time, just kept introducing characters very quickly before they were eventually killed off. perhaps they were from raid 1 but its been that long since i saw that i wouldnt have a clue. but you cant argue with the fight scenes, amazing. and lets face it, thats why your watching the film. in a era of all this rubbish cgi its good to see a film back to basics

speaking of films that are overly reliant on cgi, my next film was the new avengers film, its all gone a bit meh, the avengers for me now suffer from being all abit too powerful. it makes getting a convincing villian all the harder and not sure ulton passed it off. ive never been a fan of superman for similar reasons,. i mean thor, hulk, and red man with cape are all pretty indestructable. each film in the marvel series now just seems to be a advertisement for another film/character to come out down the line.

last one was kingsman, remember seeing the trailer for this and thinking what a god awful film it looked like. but alas i was wrong, the trailer didn't get across how it doesn't take it self seriously, which it does very well. it was simply a very enjoyable film. good comedy, fight scenes/action. has the lot

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 07 May 2015, 10:11 am

On a rare cinema outing with Mrs Bat last night, saw the new version of Far from the Madding Crowd. Certainly wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea here - a love story from the Thomas Hardy novel and set in 1870, it would at one time not so long ago when you were allowed to use such terminology have been described as ''a woman's film''.

Playing along to the above stereotype, Mrs Bat thought it was excellent. Despite the absence of any cricket, I still thought it very good. A couple of minor bits of the script didn't quite convince although that's probably only nit picking. I vaguely remember the 1960s version of the same film and considered this current one superior. Good performances by the leading players - Carey Mulligan and Martin Sheen (as always) whilst the unknown to me Matthias Schoenaerts was outstanding.

However, what really stole the show was the cinematography. Large parts of the film are set outdoors and the rural scenes were captured brilliantly. I'll be surprised if the film doesn't at least get some nominations under this category.

All in all, an 8/10 from me although anyone daft enough to take any note of that does need to appreciate what type of film it is.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Thu 07 May 2015, 11:33 am

I saw the new Avengers film, and agree its gone a bit too much. The attempt at recreating the comics universe should be applauded, but it looks like it is having the same pitfalls - its too convoluted. And like with most superhero films - the parts when they are their alter-egos, just sitting round being themselves, are the best parts. Think this is where they have jumped the shark, so to speak.

Plus the new film has gone a bit Man of Steel and 'lets destroy this building, and that one, and that one'.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 07 May 2015, 11:40 am

guildfordbat wrote:On a rare cinema outing with Mrs Bat last night, saw the new version of Far from the Madding Crowd. Certainly wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea here - a love story from the Thomas Hardy novel and set in 1870, it would at one time not so long ago when you were allowed to use such terminology have been described as ''a woman's film''.

Playing along to the above stereotype, Mrs Bat thought it was excellent. Despite the absence of any cricket, I still thought it very good. A couple of minor bits of the script didn't quite convince although that's probably only nit picking. I vaguely remember the 1960s version of the same film and considered this current one superior. Good performances by the leading players - Carey Mulligan and Martin Sheen (as always) whilst the unknown to me Matthias Schoenaerts was outstanding.

However, what really stole the show was the cinematography. Large parts of the film are set outdoors and the rural scenes were captured brilliantly. I'll be surprised if the film doesn't at least get some nominations under this category.

All in all, an 8/10 from me although anyone daft enough to take any note of that does need to appreciate what type of film it is.

GB

We were on holiday near Lulworth Cove in autumn 2013, and some of the filming was being done around there and Durdle Door at that time.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 07 May 2015, 11:43 am

A lot of sensible people seem to have watched Avengers: Age of Ultron now and are of the same opinion as The Saint. And you all said I was mad a couple weeks ago Wink.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 07 May 2015, 11:53 am

Hi Dummy - I've been to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door but a long time ago. I remember them as beautiful places but in all honesty not well enough to properly identify them when watching this film. I'm sure you would though and might enjoy doing so.

I read on IMDB this morning that the filming was all done in 53 days. That seems incredibly quick these days.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 May 2015, 11:57 am

Watched Spooks - The Greater Good last night. There are twists and turns galore, the usual smoke and mirrors and double dealing of any spy-based thriller and gritty set pieces. There's a good cast with Peter Firth once again showing his worth as Sir Harry Pearce, and he is ably supported by Jennifer Ehle, David Harewood, Tim McInnerny and the lovely Tuppence Middleton. And of course there's Kit Harington. Thankfully he's not as wooden as he was in Pompeii and actually seems to fit quite well in the role he has. There's not too much of a back story for him and thus he's free to roam around Europe doing basic spy stuff whilst looking moody.

Effectively this is a 1 3/4 hour episode of Spooks for the big screen. If you like the series then go watch it. If you haven't seen the series before it's still worth a watch. 7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 May 2015, 12:11 pm

I also watched the absolute dung-fest that was Piranha: 3DD (thankfully without the 3-D rubbish as I recorded it from the tv for a laugh). Oh my. This is an absolute disaster of a film. The trouble is, it was marketed as being slightly above the really rubbish comedy/horror films such as Sharknado, and it really, really isn't. It drags itself along on the tailfins of the relative success of the previous (and quite entertaining) Piranha movie. The plot makes no sense at all, and the only half decent things in it are the mainly wasted cameos from Gary Busey, Ving Rhames, Christopher Lloyd and of course The Hoff. As the Hoffmeister himself states in the film "Welcome to rock bottom".

Shonky, ridiculous and not very funny at all. Ignore it I implore you! 2/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 12 May 2015, 12:31 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Hi Dummy - I've been to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door but a long time ago. I remember them as beautiful places but in all honesty not well enough to properly identify them when watching this film. I'm sure you would though and might enjoy doing so.

I read on IMDB this morning that the filming was all done in 53 days. That seems incredibly quick these days.

Durdle Door is a nice spot alright.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 May 2015, 11:56 pm

I have FINALLY got round to watching The Godfather. It's been one of those films that I have never seen despite its excellent reviews. So I have borrowed the box set from my Mother in Law and spent this afternoon taking in the first installment.

It has lived up to expectations. The acting of all the main players is first class (as expected), the storyline is great and well-paced (I didn't notice it being a near 3 hour film) plus it keeps you glued to the screen wondering what will happen next. If I am being critical of anything, Brando's voice and appearance have been parodied so many times that they seem like a parody themselves! Not his fault of course...

I am looking forward to part II with relish. 9/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 13 May 2015, 1:51 pm

Your mother in law owns the godfather? I wouldn't want to mess with her.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 13 May 2015, 8:49 pm

The Theory of Everything - The story of Stephen Hawking. It was boring enough and a bit too long but good acting.

Gone Girl - A strange mystery about a woman who goes missing. I enjoyed this film. It was well written with a few twists and turns.

Horrible Bosses 2 - A comedy that was good fun and had some good action. It also wasn't that far fetched compared to most American comedies. The 3 main characters kind of reminded me of the top gear lads.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 14 May 2015, 7:58 am

The last three movies I watched were Inbetweeners 2, City of God and Animal House.

Inbetweeners had a couple of hilarious scenes, but apart from Will's mum, and to  a lesser extent, Will and Simon, the characters are either annoying or stupid.

City of God is an excellent look at crime in the Rio favelas. Absolutely fantastic.

Animal house is seen as a classic, and had some funny moments. Didn't think it was as great as its reputation.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 14 May 2015, 9:30 am

Nakatomi, City of God is simply one of the best movies I've seen and I've seen it many, many times so nice choice there Smile

I watches 'Chappie' last night and I am in love with that movie so much I want to have it's babies. I had heard some reviews of how it was badly cast and acted etc, etc and it's not for everyone I'm sure but I will be rewatching it tonight with friends and will laugh just as much at it I am 100% certain. Great flick.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 14 May 2015, 11:49 pm

This evening I watched Mad Max Fury Road, it's one hella crazy film. If you liked Mad Max 2 then you'll love it. Me personally, I wanted and expected more, as I feel we've all moved on from the 80s where this was the norm...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 May 2015, 9:46 am

Watched a documentary on Scientology called Going Clear, have read the book previously and the film is every bit as good. Completely mental quasi religion run by some scary folk and seemingly staffed exclusively with mentalists. Fascinating stuff.

In the interests of balance and to satisfy our crack legal team I should say the Church of Scientology deny many of the claims made in the film, so may well be perfectly lovely, shamefully misunderstood folk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 9:10 pm

Interstellar. ...boring pretentious w*nk
Fifty Shades of Grey (wife's choice)....even worse than above

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 May 2015, 9:41 pm

The Imitation Game; I enjoyed it a lot but can't work out if they placed enough emphasise on Turing's horrific treatment for being gay, I got the impression that anyone who hadn't read into his life would be a tad confused. Whether they didn't want to overshadow the impact he had on WW2 or they assumed anyone watching would be in the know i'm not sure but they could and probably should have done more with it.

His actual portrayal was a bit off too, shown to be socially incapable and a general pain in the arse when he was nothing of the sort but understandably it makes better viewing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 18 May 2015, 10:04 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The Imitation Game; I enjoyed it a lot but can't work out if they placed enough emphasise on Turing's horrific treatment for being gay, I got the impression that anyone who hadn't read into his life would be a tad confused. Whether they didn't want to overshadow the impact he had on WW2 or they assumed anyone watching would be in the know i'm not sure but they could and probably should have done more with it.

His actual portrayal was a bit off too, shown to be socially incapable and a general pain in the arse when he was nothing of the sort but understandably it makes better viewing.

Did you know him personally HH? Turing had Aspergers, being socially inept comes with the territory.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 May 2015, 11:12 am

Watched 2 films:

Blended - Rom Com with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. Had very low hopes going in and was pleasantly surprised. A few running gags from Happy Gilmore thrown in to make me chuckle and Drew gets foxier the older she gets.

Inbetweeners 2 - some fantastic scenes and way better than the below average first one. The waterpark scenes and the scene with Neil pi$$ing were highlights.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 18 May 2015, 11:14 am

Finally watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies last night. Actually really enjoyed it, much more so than the first two Hobbit films and actually, more than Two Towers and Return of the King. They tied the two stories together very well and it was fantastic to see the film end at Bag End with Gandalf at the door. A very fitting finish to perhaps the greatest story ever told.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 May 2015, 11:24 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The Imitation Game; I enjoyed it a lot but can't work out if they placed enough emphasise on Turing's horrific treatment for being gay, I got the impression that anyone who hadn't read into his life would be a tad confused. Whether they didn't want to overshadow the impact he had on WW2 or they assumed anyone watching would be in the know i'm not sure but they could and probably should have done more with it.

Did you know him personally HH? Turing had Aspergers, being socially inept comes with the territory.

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 18 May 2015, 5:00 pm

I've read many a biography about Turing and whilst retrospectively they THINK he had Aspergers he however was not socially inept.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 18 May 2015, 6:49 pm

Azzy wrote:Finally watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies last night. Actually really enjoyed it, much more so than the first two Hobbit films and actually, more than Two Towers and Return of the King. They tied the two stories together very well and it was fantastic to see the film end at Bag End with Gandalf at the door. A very fitting finish to perhaps the greatest story ever told.

Oh dear.

Anyway, I watched the Cable Guy for the first time ever recently. It's funny! I almost forgot how hilarious Jim Carrey can be. Me, Myself and Irene is probably still my favourite though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 18 May 2015, 7:01 pm

The Saint wrote:

Anyway, I watched the Cable Guy for the first time ever recently. It's funny! I almost forgot how hilarious Jim Carrey can be. Me, Myself and Irene is probably still my favourite though.

Great movie! And learned so much about Motherf**kin' electrons along the way. Fun and education in one movie.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 18 May 2015, 7:12 pm

The Saint wrote:Anyway, I watched the Cable Guy for the first time ever recently. It's funny! I almost forgot how hilarious Jim Carrey can be. Me, Myself and Irene is probably still my favourite though.
Oh dear.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 18 May 2015, 9:08 pm

Azzy wrote:
The Saint wrote:Anyway, I watched the Cable Guy for the first time ever recently. It's funny! I almost forgot how hilarious Jim Carrey can be. Me, Myself and Irene is probably still my favourite though.
Oh dear.

Says the one who's a fan of Drive.

Doh

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 18 May 2015, 9:09 pm

SecretFly wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Great movie!  And learned so much about Motherf**kin' electrons along the way.  Fun and education in one movie.

I'd say it's always been one of my favourite films. It's about time Carrey made another movie! Perhaps a sequel to either of these Wink.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 19 May 2015, 2:57 pm

I was watching 'In the loop' on bbc iplayer yesterday. Only watched 10 minutes of it so far. Capaldi is annoying the hell out of me Laugh
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 3:17 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:I was watching 'In the loop' on bbc iplayer yesterday. Only watched 10 minutes of it so far. Capaldi is annoying the hell out of me Laugh
Problem with that film is that it's simply four regular episodes stuck together. Bit like the Simpsons or Inbetweeners movies in that there's nothing out of the ordinary in the cinematic version that they couldn't have done on the small screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 3:59 pm

I think In the Loop is actually a downgrade on the Thick of It. I understand that it's harder to build characters on film compared to TV, but the Malcolm Tucker of In the Loop loses a lot of the substance of the one from the Thick of It. Where Tucker in In the Loop is simply selfish and devious, in the Thick of It you do get the sense that all his actions are done out a misplaced sense of importance and loyalty to his political party. I also think the supporting characters are funnier in the Thick of It. 

In the Loop is obviously funny though and I don't agree that it could have been done across four episodes, I think it was structured as a feature length film and I don't think it would have been as effective done over three or four episodes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 19 May 2015, 5:55 pm

Went to see Mad Max: Fury Road yesterday. It is 2 hours of utterly bonkers car chases, stunts and guessing which accent Tom Hardy is going to use next. I love the fact that Hugh Keayes-Byrne is cast as the main bad guy (having been The Toecutter in the original) but he's so covered by mad make-up and masks/costume that you'd never know. I guess if you are the head of a dictatorial weird cult you have to be a bit loco.

Nicholas Hoult's Nux is stupendously nuts and Charlize Theron is suitably tough and damaged for such a film. Effectively this is Mad Max 2 with a few extra bells and whistles and a bigger budget, but thankfully the majority of stunts are real - not computer generated, and it shows. There's even a bit of a storyline.

If you don't like speed, explosions, guns, action and cars then this film will not be your thing, but if you do, it's great fun. Go forth and enjoy. 7.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 May 2015, 7:33 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:

If you don't like speed, explosions, guns, action and cars then this film will not be your thing, but if you do, it's great fun. Go forth and enjoy. 7.5/10

So Clarkson has been reinstated??? Top Gear is back?? That was a very brief exile.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 19 May 2015, 8:24 pm

The Saint wrote:
Azzy wrote:
Oh dear.

Doh
I've never heard of Drive Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 20 May 2015, 12:16 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

I've read many a biography about Turing and whilst retrospectively they THINK he had Aspergers he however was not socially inept.

Well they had to cos Aspergers has only recently been recognised. Tying your cup to the radiotor so his colleagues wont steal it doesnt exactly boad well for your arguement...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 21 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Azzy wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Azzy wrote:
Oh dear.

Doh

Apologies. I thought it was you that was its biggest (and only) fan on here. I got confused and mixed you up with someone else due to your poor taste in movies.... 5 Armies Erm.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 21 May 2015, 5:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Well they had to cos Aspergers has only recently been recognised. Tying your cup to the radiotor so his colleagues wont steal it doesnt exactly boad well for your arguement...

You know one fact and one bit of outlandish supposition about him and have come to the conclusion that what he was fairly portrayed in The Imitation Game?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 26 May 2015, 11:14 pm

Saw Tomorrowland yesterday.

Aside from a few good lines and fantastic effects, it is a horrible schmaltzy Party Political Broadcast by the Disney Party. The ending is so unbearably saccharine-sweet that I almost vomited.

Go and watch something else. 3.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Thu 28 May 2015, 10:00 am

Went to watch the new Mad Max last night, thoroughly enjoyable. Not always a fan of 2 hours of pure bonkers explosions but can honestly say i'd watch a sequel (are they planning further films?). Also, anyone else find the guy playing the guitar just freaky!!
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 12:37 pm

Kingsman...agree with everyone else that it's a rollicking good film that doesn't take itself too serious. Great fun.

Started watching cult sci-fi classic, CUBE, again. Under-rated (wish I'd listed it in my culture cup choices now...sh!t)

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 28 May 2015, 1:42 pm

The Saint wrote:
Azzy wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Azzy wrote:
Oh dear.

Doh

Apologies. I thought it was you that was its biggest (and only) fan on here. I got confused and mixed you up with someone else due to your poor taste in movies.... 5 Armies Erm.
Haha, I only enjoyed 5 armies because it was a) better made than the previous two films, and b) I hated Two Towers and ROTK so much. I've still not even looked Drive up, must to that.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 May 2015, 1:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Kingsman...agree with everyone else that it's a rollicking good film that doesn't take itself too serious. Great fun.

Started watching cult sci-fi classic, CUBE, again. Under-rated (wish I'd listed it in my culture cup choices now...sh!t)
I still havent seen Cube but saw the follow up. Will need to ceck it out next time its on the Horror Channel.

Cant wait for Kingsman to hit Sky so I can watch it again.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 2:11 pm

Follow up and prequel aren't a patch on CUBE...in fact, they pretty much ruin what is an excellent stand alone film. Much like the Highlander sequels have no place existing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 May 2015, 2:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Follow up and prequel aren't a patch on CUBE...in fact, they pretty much ruin what is an excellent stand alone film. Much like the Highlander sequels have no place existing.

QUEEN not returning to do the soundtracks really hit you hard didn't it Dave?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 2:17 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Follow up and prequel aren't a patch on CUBE...in fact, they pretty much ruin what is an excellent stand alone film. Much like the Highlander sequels have no place existing.

QUEEN not returning to do the soundtracks really hit you hard didn't it Dave?
More than I care to admit

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 28 May 2015, 2:20 pm

Caught the middle of Man Of Steel last night. My god what a terrible, terrible film.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 2:26 pm

MIG wrote:Caught the middle of Man Of Steel last night.  My god what a terrible, terrible film.
Count yourself lucky you didn't see Russell Crowe riding a dragon or some such sh!t at the beginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon 01 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm

Just come back from watching Mad Max:Fury Road. Looks great, some really good action sequences, but a complete lack of plot, and if Tom Hardy speaks more than 100 words in the whole film I'd be surprised.
One thing that I found a bit silly,(as it was in Mad Max 2 & 3, to be fair), if Max was a cop as the apocalypse was engulfing Australia, how come, only 20 years later (at most), everyone has completely forgotten everything about today's civilisation? How come no-one even possesses a map of the place?
Oh well, if you shut your brain off as you go in, it's a good 2 hours of excitement, but can get a bit wearing after a while.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next