The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

+21
propdavid_london
lostinwales
HammerofThunor
Pot Hale
Cyril
stub
Cumbrian
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
kunu
BigTrevsbigmac
Golden
ChequeredJersey
LondonTiger
SecretFly
brennomac
LeinsterFan4life
thebandwagonsociety
yappysnap
FecklessRogue
Jenifer McLadyboy
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! - Page 3 Empty Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

An ting. Ale
Friday Ealing. Saturday Wimbeldon. and Sunday..... Twicksticks!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by propdavid_london Wed 10 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

Robshaw and NEv both unavailable for the return Leinster fixture.
Oh Dear!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by SecretFly Wed 10 Dec 2014, 5:05 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Robshaw and NEv both unavailable for the return Leinster fixture.
Oh Dear!

That evens things up a bit given we have no Healy or O'Brien Wink But we still are playing schit rugby so Quins still have a wonderful chance to take the whole show.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed 10 Dec 2014, 5:29 pm

I'd normally never wish injury on a player, but have to say not unhappy that we aren't facing Robshaw and Evans on Saturday. Now if Marler could catch a dose of manflu.....

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 10 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm

Get them back for saints.

Both are a huge loss but Clifford and Trayfoot are good players and Wallace has had a good few matches.
Tim looked ok except that miss, needs Danny to take the pressure off him but i reckon it's easier to start against Leinster in a match like this than to come on after a few mins
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 10 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm

Robshaw is a massive loss, his workrate will be missed.

Problem with starting Swiele is that we then have to bench Grimboldy, and if we did have to use him I really don't think he's ready yet.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 10 Dec 2014, 8:43 pm

yappysnap wrote:Robshaw is a massive loss, his workrate will be missed.

Problem with starting Swiele is that we then have to bench Grimboldy, and if we did have to use him I really don't think he's ready yet.

We won't. Care will cover 10
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 11 Dec 2014, 7:13 am

That's true, still not sure if that's an ideal situation going into a deadly important euro game though!

Still he does kick some very good drop goals...

Only other change i'd have for this side is JTH coming back in at 12 and Lowe moving to 13. Just feel we need that extra ballast in the centre's to take some work off Lowe, he took at least half a dozen crash balls in the last game and for a guy coming back from his kind of injury that can't be the best situation can it.

Lowe's also made Hopper look 1000x better then he did at the start of the season, i'd be interested to see if he can work that magic on JTH too.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 12 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

radio was saying Leinster are -10 at the bookies. Seems way too high for me. If that ended up being the case Leinster take the head-to-head 6-4 and would be in good position in the group. IF!

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Fri 12 Dec 2014, 3:43 pm

I'm expecting a backlash from Leinster. For all our moaning, we forget Leinster always start the season very slowly but eventually hit top gear and pummel some poor opposition to show they're still a force. It's usually already happened at this stage in the season. But now is the time to do it. Come on Leinster. A ten point win would be ideal.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:29 am

Hmmm........................ they've decided to delay the backlash until after the Christmas Party, it seems Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:32 am

They won though Sad

We actually look like a professional team at the moment, hope we get a TBP vs Newcastle and then carry some form in against Saints.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

It's not gonna happen at all is it. I don't know where that sudden burst of optimism came from. Harlequins deserved to win that. The disallowed try should have been given. Fair play to Reddan though. He saved our hides.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

Chequered Quins have the better head to head record, 5 points each but your guys got three tries to our one. So if you at least match out points tally in the last two games you top the group. You have Wasps at home and Castres away which a better run in than us, since Castres are out of it. It's Harlequins pool to lose now.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:08 pm

There's always Connacht, I suppose...................... the new SuperClub from the Wild Atlantic Way. Playing more liike Leinster than the Dublin based team can muster.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

Yes, fantastic result for what was the Connacht seconds. I only watched 20 minutes of the game before switching to the Leinster game. Pat Lam is doing a great job with Connacht. Very much a team on the up.
Not sure O'Conner will see out another season with Leinster.

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:07 pm

Oh god, that was truly dire - and Quins should be kicking themselves that they didn't go away with a win. Leinster were the sh1te we have now come to expect and I wouldn't bet a cent on Leinster getting a BP against a completely disinterested Castres ( who will probably field their under 14's) in the RDS in January. After that we're depending on Quins and Wasps doing us some favours by taking points off each other (hey guys how about a draw while we beat Castres in round 5) to get through. Said it earlier in this thread, but Quins booting the ball out of play and giving Leinster a LBP in the first game looks increasingly dumb. I know some Quins on this thread have disagreed but that 1pt may come back to haunt you and allow a sh1te Leinster team to squeeze past you.

Permutations are multiple as to how this group pans out, but if Leinster do get 5pts from the Castres game then we will probably stumble into the QF's probably as one of the best runners-up. After that forget it, if we end up playing Toulon, Clermont, Northampton or Toulouse away in a QF then it's game over. Will that see the end of MOC and his 1970's Leeds United style of rugby we can only hope.

Contrast this with what Lam is doing out west - sends his 2nds over to France and gets a win against Bayonne and uncovers a gem in the making in 20-y-o Caolain Blade at SH - what a a name. This Leinster supporter is not looking forward in the least to Connacht coming to the RDS next week - we will see a team, well-coached and with passion against the dross we are turning out right now.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm

brennomac wrote: uncovers a gem in the making in 20-y-o Caolain Blade at SH - what a a name.  

Laugh

I was thinking the same thing......... who is this Caolin Blade??? I had to look him up to see what nationality he was - it sounded too exotic for Ireland.

What a name! It's almost as if someone somewhere changed his real name to a stage name designed to take the rugby world by storm.
I'm not going to jinx him by saying anymore - but if he did make it, what a bloody nice and extremely marketable name to do it with.

His only downfall is his age. Ultimate Rugby has his birth date as 1st Jan 1970. Shame he spent so long on the benches.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

brennomac wrote:Oh god, that was  truly dire - and Quins should be kicking themselves that they didn't go away with a win. Leinster were the sh1te we have now come to expect and I wouldn't bet a cent on Leinster getting a BP against a completely disinterested Castres ( who will probably field their under 14's) in the RDS in January.  After that we're depending on Quins and Wasps doing us some favours by taking points off each other (hey guys how about a draw while we beat Castres in round 5) to get through.  Said it earlier in this thread, but Quins booting the ball out of play and giving Leinster a LBP in the first game looks increasingly dumb.  I know some Quins on this thread have disagreed but that 1pt may come back to haunt you and allow a sh1te Leinster team to squeeze past you.

Permutations are multiple as to how this group pans out, but if Leinster do get 5pts from the Castres game then we will probably stumble into the QF's probably as one of the best runners-up. After that forget it, if we end up playing Toulon, Clermont, Northampton or Toulouse away in a QF then it's game over.  Will that see the end of MOC and his 1970's Leeds United style of rugby we can only hope.

Contrast this with what Lam is doing out west - sends his 2nds over to France and gets a win against Bayonne and uncovers a gem in the making in 20-y-o Caolain Blade at SH - what a a name.  This Leinster supporter is not looking forward in the least to Connacht coming to the RDS next week - we will see a team, well-coached and with passion against the dross we are turning out right now.

Nah, we'll still win the group
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:31 pm

brennomac wrote:Oh god, that was  truly dire - and Quins should be kicking themselves that they didn't go away with a win. Leinster were the sh1te we have now come to expect and I wouldn't bet a cent on Leinster getting a BP against a completely disinterested Castres ( who will probably field their under 14's) in the RDS in January.  After that we're depending on Quins and Wasps doing us some favours by taking points off each other (hey guys how about a draw while we beat Castres in round 5) to get through.  Said it earlier in this thread, but Quins booting the ball out of play and giving Leinster a LBP in the first game looks increasingly dumb.  I know some Quins on this thread have disagreed but that 1pt may come back to haunt you and allow a sh1te Leinster team to squeeze past you.

Permutations are multiple as to how this group pans out, but if Leinster do get 5pts from the Castres game then we will probably stumble into the QF's probably as one of the best runners-up. After that forget it, if we end up playing Toulon, Clermont, Northampton or Toulouse away in a QF then it's game over.  Will that see the end of MOC and his 1970's Leeds United style of rugby we can only hope.

Contrast this with what Lam is doing out west - sends his 2nds over to France and gets a win against Bayonne and uncovers a gem in the making in 20-y-o Caolain Blade at SH - what a a name.  This Leinster supporter is not looking forward in the least to Connacht coming to the RDS next week - we will see a team, well-coached and with passion against the dross we are turning out right now.

Nah, we'll still win the group. We have an easier run in, with Castres last and away (and we are strong in France anyway and we have Wasps, the harder team, at home.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:40 pm

Well Fly some in depth research on the Connacht website tells me that Caolain Blade is in the academy and comes from Monivea RFC in Athenry. Great name and hopefully great stuff, certainly looked good in the bits I saw of the Bayonne game, ran a great line for the first try.

Who says, Irish SH names are boring, from Peter Stringer to Isaac Boss to...Caolain Blade

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

Just seen that Matthews has been cited for 'making contact with the eye area' of D Ryan.

Not good. Any views on the incident?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

I was at the game and it won't look good on replays. O'Shea was accusing Ryan of playacting after the game. I like O'Shea, I also like Ryan. One of them is going to down in my estimation. If he milked it then he should be ashamed will deserve any/all responses coming at him (it ain't soccer as Nigel would say) and if there was contact with 'eye area' then O'Shea needs to be as verbal and outspoken in retracting his accusation as he was in throwing it out there in the first place.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm

If it's the one I saw he had his palm across the guys face, covering the eyes. I don't think his fingers made contact with the eye area but they may well ban him for the minimum. They keep doing it until the players get the message, 'don't put your hands in a guys face'.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:37 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:I was at the game and it won't look good on replays. O'Shea was accusing Ryan of playacting after the game.  I like O'Shea, I also like Ryan.  One of them is going to down in my estimation.  If he milked it then he should be ashamed will deserve any/all responses coming at him (it ain't soccer as Nigel would say) and if there was contact with 'eye area' then O'Shea needs to be as verbal and outspoken in retracting his accusation as he was in throwing it out there in the first place.

Having seen the replays, I'd say it looks pretty innocuous on replay
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:43 pm

Would Ryan's eye area have been checked by a medic (neutral one if necessary)?  I mean there are ways of knowing if anything touched an eye area aggressively - the flesh is tender there and even if a mark isn't immediate, it has a way of becoming apparent a while down the line.

So maybe citing is (or certainly should be) based on examination too more than simply one player saying he was caught and another one saying he didn't catch anything.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

A citing is just that, it is not a conviction. I guess we will have to just wait and see.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

Matthews shouldnt have been cited IMO. If anything Care probably had more of a case to answer, dropping MMA elbows on Madigan's face on the ground albeit Madigan was probably asking for it.

Handbags all round and there was probably no need for the NFL style on pitch review of all incidents. Just get on with it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3