The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

+21
propdavid_london
lostinwales
HammerofThunor
Pot Hale
Cyril
stub
Cumbrian
pete (buachaill on eirne)
rodders
kunu
BigTrevsbigmac
Golden
ChequeredJersey
LondonTiger
SecretFly
brennomac
LeinsterFan4life
thebandwagonsociety
yappysnap
FecklessRogue
Jenifer McLadyboy
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! Empty Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

An ting. Ale
Friday Ealing. Saturday Wimbeldon. and Sunday..... Twicksticks!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! Empty Re: Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm

We are both in sh1t form so it could be interesting.

Last time it was a high scoring tryfest. 6 5 was the eventual score when the dust settled. Same again would do me.

I was there once in between for Munster in April 13. Hoping to make it 3 out of 3.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop! Empty Re: Stand up for the Ladyboys cause we're comin down your Stoop!

Post by FecklessRogue Tue 02 Dec 2014, 7:02 pm

Glad to hear quins are in poor form because we're in horrific from. Our attacking game is an abomination. Our flyhalf's confidence is shot. Almost every player is getting worse. All TV footage of us in the last two games should be tracked down and destroyed.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Tue 02 Dec 2014, 7:02 pm

Leinster by 10.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

Quins are doing 1 of two things:

A. They're luring everyone in rugby into a false sense of security by playing terribly, ready to suddenly switch on and catch you boys by surprise.

Or

B. They are in shocking form right now.

I know which I think it is Crying or Very sad

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:00 pm

If you want shocking rugby then Leinster are your team this season. MOC has managed to engineer a two speed reverse gear to achieve the speed of regression in quality at the province.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

Seems as though they are struggling to sell tickets for the game in the Aviva. Hopefully it means they will drop the prices in the future.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Seems as though they are struggling to sell tickets for the game in the Aviva. Hopefully it means they will drop the prices in the future.

I got my tickets for €10 each in that sale a couple of months ago - would I go to watch a sh1te Leinster against the 8th best (or 5th worst whichever you prefer) team in England if I had a pay €50 a skull. Not sure. The past two Leinster games are sorely testing my loyalty to the blues.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

I was wondering were Leinster doing a lure too, yappy. But then I thought of sober Cullen and sullen O'Connor and I wondered - do they have tricks in them?
Nah, both too strait laced for fancy mind game tricks.

They'll both prove me wrong.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

Leinster by 40

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Leinster by 40

Traitor!!

I hope tigers lose too now boxing

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:45 pm

I can't go any more Sad anyone need 2 tickets?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:47 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I can't go any more Sad anyone need 2 tickets?

If you throw in two air tickets and two hotel beds (5 star - I'm used to me comforts) I'll take 'em.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:49 pm

yappysnap wrote:Quins are doing 1 of two things:

A. They're luring everyone in rugby into a false sense of security by playing terribly, ready to suddenly switch on and catch you boys by surprise.

Or

B. They are in shocking form right now.

I know which I think it is Crying or Very sad

Things that make me a tad less suicidal than the last 2 games:

1) We did well vs Gloucester and have looked much better in Europe so far than in the league.

2) in Chris, Mike and Joe we get back 3 key players who all bring stuff we have missed in the last 2 games

3) our pack will do better with a fit Lambert or Marler. I hope

4) at least our defence has been good

5) Lowe will probably play and he's roughly as good as Hopper, JTH and Casson all added together
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

yappysnap wrote:

Traitor!!

We will.

I wish I could say otherwise - but can you see Quins winning?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:07 am

Take two sides with total dogsh1t form
Sprinkle with Care, Robshaw, Marler, Brown, and Mr H Advantage to one side

Sprinkle on Heaslip, Toner, McGrath, D'Arcy, and the man who was on the other side last time Mike Ross to Leinster

Leaves it fairly even I say.

Kearney, Fitzgerald, Madigan, McFadden, Jennings, Douglas and Strauss all have a question mark over them with the last 2 definitely out.
Add to Long termers O'Brien, Healy, Teo, Moore

Yes. Quins CAN win it.
I'm hoping they won't though. Close game I'd say

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

No, but I still think we'll keep it tight, then it'll all come down to a drop goal or penalty...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:16 am

yappysnap wrote:No, but I still think we'll keep it tight, then it'll all come down to a drop goal or penalty...
Just like last time.....

Mal O'Kelly was on the radio last night and was asked was he aware of Nick Evans coming back on during the game.

He said he was not even aware he had gone off. But that word came on to the field that they were to stop him dropping a goal.

Evans had famously done this v Stade Francais in the pool stages.

Gopperth has bottled (or missed anyway) two last minute away droppers this season that would have won games in Connacht and Treviso.......

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

yappysnap wrote:No, but I still think we'll keep it tight, then it'll all come down to a drop goal or penalty...

I guess I have a gut feel it will be too much liek Quins matches against Sarries and Bath, where you were blown away. I have only seen Quins 3 times this season - and they were dire on all 3 occasions.

So I promise not to watch this game - and you may do well.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
yappysnap wrote:

Traitor!!

We will.

I wish I could say otherwise - but can you see Quins winning?

Yes. Only because have been awful too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 05 Dec 2014, 12:34 am

Looks like McFaddens out for a month. Fitz is supposed to be fit for this game though.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 05 Dec 2014, 6:34 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Just like last time.....

Mal O'Kelly was on the radio last night and was asked was he aware of Nick Evans coming back on during the game.

He said he was not even aware he had gone off. But that word came on to the field that they were to stop him dropping a goal.

Evans had famously done this v Stade Francais in the pool stages.

Gopperth has bottled (or missed anyway) two last minute away droppers this season that would have won games in Connacht and Treviso.......

One of the best moments of drama ever, still have to watch it every so often just to remind myeslf how good it was.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:26 am

Golden wrote:Looks like McFaddens out for a month. Fitz is supposed to be fit for this game though.

Omenous. As soon as Fitz is declared good to go, that's usually a heavy hint that he's going to be injured again very soon afterwards.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 05 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm

R. Kearney. Fanning. D'Arcy. Madigan. Fitzgerald. Gopperth. Reddan. J. McGrath. Cronin. Ross. Toner. McCarthy. Ruddock. Murphy. Heaslip.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 05 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm

Even our own coach is calling us Ladyboys now! If we can't impress him we're in serious trouble Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 07 Dec 2014, 2:31 pm

How is Fanning keeping Kircher out of the team? Is he playing well? I never thought he was very good.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 07 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

Reddan off injured already as Leinster go 3-0 up

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 07 Dec 2014, 3:29 pm

Powerful first scrum from Quins forcing the pen as Leinster pack munched.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

The complaint Leinster fans have about Gopperth not mixing up his game is not that he doesn't run enough, but that he doesn't pass enough!! Do your homework Mr Dawson.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm

He also doesn't wear chinos as well as madser.

#justice4jimmy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

On the bright side, his restarts have been very good

Last edited by kunu on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

But if madser did them....they'd be sexy...

Robshaw is a tour de force at the minute. Leinster need to up the physicality a few notches....good turnover from Murphy there...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:27 pm

Not the first crooked throw from Cronin, but the first so crooked that a ref willing to look the other way had to take notice. Massive momentum swing is the result
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:38 pm

21-12 after Kearney gives an intercept - all without Nick Evans.

Easter is having a blinder

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

They mentioned today on Newstalk that Leinsters accuracy in attack has "ebbed away a little bit" under O'Connor. Which it has. In the same way that peace in Europe "ebbed away a little bit" in 1914.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:44 pm

That sad thing about that observation is that O'Connor was brought in specificially because of his alleged ability as an attacking coach.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

Of course your attack is only as effective as the opposition defense allows......

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Of course your attack is only as effective as the opposition defense allows......

Em....we been watching these Leinster boys for longer than this game.  Believe me, their attack is impotent these days when compared to Schmidt's time.

PS...sorry, since Cheika's time too...and indeed before either of them

Last edited by SecretFly on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:50 pm

Nah our attack has been awful for the last season and a half, this is nothing new and I'm glad in a way to see it happening. A wake up call is so badly needed. For gods sake the commentary just called MOC one of rugby's great thinkers!!. We have never had a good attacking display under MOC- even the performance in franklins gardens last year stemmed from Northampton mistakes, not Leinster's ingenuity.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:54 pm

what's the story with the amount of open field penalties Quinns have given away, would have thought they'd have been binned by now! furious

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:56 pm

Not liking the look of Marler. Will be pretty disastrous for England if that is serious!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

Are Leinster the worst coached team in Europe?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Not liking the look of Marler.  Will be pretty disastrous for England if that is serious!

Yes fingers crossed it's not too bad. He has had a big game & dominated in the scrum to.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

clap Well played by quins. Hard not to like that team, even when they ruin my day.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

Well done Quins. Proper club.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:16 pm

Not a complete disaster but...that Leinster team seem to be going nowhere, and trotting casually all the way.  Not in any way mean enough or angry enough to impose a game on any side at the moment - be that Europe or even Pro12.  Mostly they're the ones soaking up pressure and simply kinda surviving more than winning even the games they do win.

Harlequins had the right attitude and venom in their bones.  Deserved the victory and congratulations.  

Tradition might expect Leinster now to return the favour in buckets when they come to Dublin.  But I don't see enough fire in these guys' bellies for this competition or even Pro12.  And for that I don't just blame O'Connor who is just far too laid back for his own good.  But he's not even complimented by a more firey assistant.  Cullen doesn't exactly do wild and furious and door-wrecking intensity either.  So two very relaxed minded men in a competition designed for passion.  This will be the turn round of all turn rounds if O'Connor makes us eat our criticisms by the end of the season; but for now, the criticisms are sticking.  Bland rugby, ploddingly played.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Are Leinster the worst coached team in Europe?

It's more a case of a mediocre coach, who's the wrong man for the job. According to the players, MOC is the polar opposite of Schmidt. He doesn't like to dictate the way the team plays too much, but rather leaves it to the players to play what's in front of them. This works fine when you've got a team full of big fellas who can run straight and always make metres, but not when you've got a skilful team full of small fellas - I think that's why he doesn't value Madigan so much.

Our conditioning staff have a lot to answer for also. Sean o Brien openly admitted he was brought back to play too early, and that's the reason he's out now. Dave kearney got 2 games in before being injured again. Richardt strauss has also been out for the past couple of weeks with a recurrence of the same hamstring injury he's been battling over the past year. Don't even get me started on Luke the Fitzmeister.

Fair play to Quins, it was a good win. Tore an all international front row apart in the scrum.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

Well done Quins - enjoyed that. Next Saturday will be huge and I fully expect Leinster to make life very difficult for the Harlequins - looking forward to it though and hope the the Quins can get something out of it.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:27 pm

Well played Leinster, I expect a similar 4-1 point split next week to leave the group tight!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:30 pm

Yes, sorry, I should have said well played Leinster too. Always looked to be in with a chance of winning and I was relieved to see the ball booted out at the end!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next