The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril

+3
milkyboy
wheelchair1991
rob-glos
7 posters

Go down

Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril Empty Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril

Post by rob-glos Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Confirmed tonight after Crolla had won a snooze fest....

He's got a shot at Richard Abril in Manchester on January 23rd. 

What do people think of this?
I expect Crolla to find himself way out of his league and lose decisively on points.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril Empty Re: Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Abril looks to be on the slide however i think he still has too much for Crolla hope im wrong, be good to have a British world champ, its also good that its for the genuine WBA title

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril Empty Re: Crolla confirmed World Title shot against Abril

Post by milkyboy Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 am

Take away getting shafted against rios and abril hasn't really done much of note. No doubt though he's been operating at a clearly higher level than crolla. I've never really rated Crolla... more 'Toyota' than 'million dollar' for me, but he seems improved of late. It's still a big step up and abril on points is the sensible conclusion

However, at home, against a guy who's not a banger? With the judges from the burns Beltran fight and richie woodhall cheerleading from the commentary box.

'..... And new...'

It sets up a trilogy to rival Ali Frazier with Derry Matthews for the championship of the woooorrrld. Its a stadium fight obviously and a ppv. Eddie could fill old Trafford 3 times over... Especially with a stacked undercard like a punnet of juicy strawberries.

The winner of next summers 'no bull, it won't be dull in hull' showdown between coyle and Campbell awaits the winner. In what will be the war of the roses.... They don't come bigger than that, I'm not sure there's a country big enough never mind a stadium big enough for It.

The more I think about this, I'm not sure Eddie can afford crolla to lose this. Whistle

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Whoooaaaaa Anthony Crolla

Whooaaaaa Anthony Crolla

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:56 pm

That chant did annoy me last night dno why but it grated me haha

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:14 pm

I don't dislike Crolla but I loath Gallagher and most of his forced-on-us stable so I'm not sure how I feel about this one. If I thought it'd genuinely mean Crolla faced Mitchell as champ then I'd be Crolla all the way but I sense a Quigg-esque reign so I'm cheering for Abril.

God knows how Derry Matthews must feel these days.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:59 pm

A Crolla win would almost be nailed on for a domestic defence. We know how much Eddie loves a domestic rivalry.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Crolla develop a hatred for either Mitchell or the winner of Coyle/Campbell if he wins.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:08 pm

My guess is if Crolla wins he will fight Mitchell and then the winner of that will fight Campbell

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Yeah probably spot on there wheelchair - Will become a glorified British Title.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Something missing with Crolla isn't there and it's not just a punch.........

Doesn't seem world class..............and he seems to be feasting on golden oldies..............Murray was through and Rees had seen better days....

Making him look better than he is those victories.

I mean should he really be struggling with Matthews ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 pm

He also Truss could be catching Abril at the right time, in the build up Joe Gallagher will be everywhere on tv again sadly

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down