The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Plot Sickens

+5
aucklandlaurie
No 7&1/2
Rugby Fan
Taylorman
emack2
9 posters

Go down

The Plot Sickens Empty The Plot Sickens

Post by emack2 Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:38 pm

After the resignation of Ewen Mc Kenzie,and Di Patson,before his hearing Pulver is quoted as saying" we support
our ARU employee Kurtley Beale"that was before [I think] announcement of Mckenzies resignation.

Whilst the wisdom of allowing McKenzie to appoint his own PA and a woman to boot as some form of official
Management job.May have been questionable it must have been agreed by the ARU when he was appointed.

After the problems of 2013 including Jame O`Connor ,he had in the back end ,and 2014 started to build a
settled AUS side[injuries permitting].Leading aseries win v a poor France side,a creditable draw v NZ,plus
a win and within 10 minutes of a second v Sa and the narrow loss to NZ.

All the while after the Waratahs S15 win a factor including a SA gentleman at Lock,A whispering campaign
followed by leaks and character assassination has achieved its goal.

Chieka.a Manager [Spin doctor?],and additional Coaching Staff replacing the old,the lack of support for
there appointed Manager by Pulver and his cohorts shames the ARU.

The decent thing there own resignation of course ingnored having climbed the greasy pole they want
to stay there.Hopefully the players will support there new Coach until the next player crisis occurs
which seems will occur at some point.

Beale hearing on Friday after team leave for the UK,any bets on the outcome and his place at 12
v England and others in the AI`s

Last edited by emack2 on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : want to delete it)

emack2

Back to top Go down

The Plot Sickens Empty Re: The Plot Sickens

Post by Taylorman Thu 23 Oct 2014, 1:54 am

Beales not in the touring side from what I've heard. Cheika would lose all credibility if he included him, after being hailed as the one to stamp out the 'toxicity'. I actually think his approach and selections will cause a huge rift.

How the ARU can appoint Cheika as coach while allowing him to coach the Tahs in a World cup year is beyond me, given that scenario is avoided like the plague everywhere else for years.

And in 3 or 4 days the ARU has formed an opinion that its acceptable.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:04 am

emack2 wrote: ...and a woman to boot...
No-one should have a problem with the appointment of a woman. The All Blacks have Bianca Thiel and Katrina Darry on tour without anyone raising an eyebrow. The idea that there's no place for a woman in a modern, elite rugby environment should be dismissed instantly.

Last edited by Rugby Fan on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:05 am

delete

Last edited by Rugby Fan on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:06 am

delete

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:43 am

I hope you're quoting someone rather than just being generally sexist emack.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:52 am

Latest on Beale http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9529887,00.html.
that looks as if it`s going to be a whitewash.

Pulver shouldn't have discussed it until After the hearing because IF it`s just a slap on the
wrist it looks like collusion.Maybe that was the object of the exercise an excuse to get
Mckenzie to quit.

My comment about the young lady was NOT meant to be sexist,just that it may have been
unwise in a toxic environment which it had become.Some young players may take a rucking
from a senior male figure but not a female.

Not stating it`s right or wrong,and whatever happens McKenzie and Patson STILL deserve
the ARU`s support despite resigning.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:56 am

Hey, if Ewen wants a woman to boot. them I dont see any great problem, just so long as he doesnt boot her when shes on the ground, in the head, or things like that.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 8:00 am

It could very easily be taken that way. We had a article here a week or so ago which shows that sexism is still pretty prevelent as women can't get men fired up etc and there's still the view they shouldn't (or can't deal with) the environment of a rugby setup.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TobyBryant Thu 23 Oct 2014, 9:36 am

It's obvious Mckenzie has stood down to escape further scrutiny of the nepotistic appointment of his girlfriend. It calls his judgement and commitment into question. He must have knowed her credentials were fake or if he didn't then he ought to checked them and anyway you look at it he looks like a goose on that score.

Power goes to the head and power corrupts as they say and this guy has paid the tune for it.

It's dignified that he goes now instead of dragging this thing on and I respect that in him.

It's wrong that this woman is trying to make this a sex issue and not facing up to her truths here once and for all.

TobyBryant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:07 am

I think you're maybe right AWoP. Link fell on his sword to make the whole palava dissapear. No one is asking any more questions about him. Shame, poor guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

Will a moderator please delete this thread,it has come over as sexist which WAS NOT my
intent.Tried unsuccessfully myself EMACK2/Alan

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm

Don't worry Alan... people look for trouble. I understand where you are coming from. It doesn't reflect on the question itself.

In an all male environment a woman into the field would cause some eyebrows and lets be honest, it may cause people to perhaps not say things, not act in a way they would.... perhaps it would be positive, perhaps not. Its not sexist to state the bleeding obvious.

I think unions have had female physios, doctors etc with national teams so I don't see why a business manager (assuming it was a administrative/logistical role) would cause any issues mind.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 3:32 pm

Anyhow to your question

Reminds you of Wales circa 2006 right??? Senior players going against a coach to get their preferred man in...

That was an almighty disaster which took 3 years to correct. In the end McKenzie was not liked... it took him years to get the role, he was previously overlooked because he was a prop and seen as unworthy or unable to coach running rugby... even though he won the SR title with the Reds in 2011.

So to say the ARU liked him is not true... he had no friends but he was the only candidate last year and with his record it was impossible to say no to him.

Beale.... like Gazza, gifted but corrupt. See the clubs he's been through, see the reasons he's left, see the discipline issues. It goes on and on, follows him around like a bad smell. It will all end in tears for him. Cheika will grow tired of him eventually and they'll realise Folau is a better 15, Cooper/Foley are better 10s,  O'Connor is a better 12.

I recall SCW got in outsiders to monitor his squad and let him know about personalities... had the military in as observers and ask on individuals. Those he/they saw as toxic according to him were removed from the squad as they had a negative impact regardless of the play they offered. Given Beale has been known to have little respect for authority, been caught fighting with teammates including his captain at the rebels I'd be surprised if he stays beyond the RWC15 even if he is allowed to.

Cheika may say blank slate.... but looking at Beale's career I'd be surprised if he can keep it straight for long. Something will come up, it always does.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by TobyBryant Thu 23 Oct 2014, 3:57 pm

fa0019 wrote:Don't worry Alan... people look for trouble. I understand where you are coming from. It doesn't reflect on the question itself.

In an all male environment a woman into the field would cause some eyebrows and lets be honest, it may cause people to perhaps not say things, not act in a way they would.... perhaps it would be positive, perhaps not. Its not sexist to state the bleeding obvious.

I think unions have had female physios, doctors etc with national teams so I don't see why a business manager (assuming it was a administrative/logistical role) would cause any issues mind.

Some rugby players aren't stupid. Even the Austrian ones. They'll sniff out a nepotistic girlfriend appointment in the same way as they would in any other organisation. You don't want the unqualified bosses bit on the side bossing you around - that's just going to cause frictions.

TobyBryant

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 4:10 pm

TobyBryant wrote:
fa0019 wrote:Don't worry Alan... people look for trouble. I understand where you are coming from. It doesn't reflect on the question itself.

Some rugby players aren't stupid. Even the Austrian ones. They'll sniff out a nepotistic girlfriend appointment in the same way as they would in any other organisation. You don't want the unqualified bosses bit on the side bossing you around - that's just going to cause frictions.

Classic slip.

"That's a lovely accent you have... new jersey"?

The girlfriend rumour as I've heard is not true... came out and said they had a purely professional relationship only. Would be in deep contractual hell if it wasn't and he publically lied. Unless something has changed.

Interesting mind that its the coaches girlfriend one rather than the player who has had discipline after discipline after discipline.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by TobyBryant Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:05 pm

All spin. It's a well known fact amongst those in the known of facts that it's a known unknown, and not a unknown unknown.

TobyBryant

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:11 pm

Funny given that the original known unknown ended up being a bunch of nothing. As in WMD

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:13 am

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11347329
Verbatim report of Bealegate seems to be a case of press nudge,nudge,wink,wink
style of journalism.Not letting truth get in the way of a good story.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 2:39 pm

After 4 hours Beale fined ,found guilty on only one charge,touring in AI`s,not a word about
McKenzie.No apology a whitewash in fact as expected not even suspended for a couple of
matches.

What a wonderful example by the ARU,putting a player over a appointed Manager/etc.
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9532027,00.htmlCheika wants to watch his back now when the knives are out.

Since he is found not guilty of sending the second offensive message who did?

Last edited by emack2 on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

I think down the line they may regret it.

Cheika because he won the SR title in 2014 is seen as a saviour... well McKenzie took the tahs to the final twice in the 00s and got the reds to the finish line in 2011. He has just a good record.

One thing is odd though is that the tahs players are obviously in Cheika/Beale camp whereas you have seen others back the coach. Its very interesting.

a) its not over and I think loyalty from the reds players may cause more friction.
b) beale is not worth the hassle. Players like him may be liked but eventually the bring you down as a group.
c) he's literally fallen out with every coach he's every played for. Its a trend.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Fri 24 Oct 2014, 5:50 pm

TobyBryant wrote:

What have the Austrians got to do with this?

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by TobyBryant Fri 24 Oct 2014, 5:54 pm

There's no smoke without fire

TobyBryant

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 24 Oct 2014, 6:38 pm

Unless you're making charcoal

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down