The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC

+27
LondonTiger
The Great Aukster
ME-109
Welly
Standulstermen
ShanesBridge77
MrsP
alkmaar67
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
clivemcl
ChequeredJersey
perthshirepuma
TJ
BlueMuff
George Carlin
formerly known as Sam
lostinwales
profitius
BigTrevsbigmac
glamorganalun
nathan
marty2086
Rory_Gallagher
Pete330v2
Notch
Artful_Dodger
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC - Page 2 Empty Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 18 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Think this match deserves its own thread.

Leicester Tigers: Mathew Tait; Blaine Scully, Manu Tuilagi, Owen Williams, Vereniki Goneva; Freddie Burns, Ben Youngs (c); Marcos Ayerza, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Fraser Balmain, Brad Thorn, Graham Kitchener, Jamie Gibson, Julian Salvi, Jordan Crane
Replacements: Harry Thacker, Michele Rizzo, Tiziano Pasquali, Sebastian De Chaves, Robert Barbieri, David Mele, Sam Harrison, Miles Benjamin

Ulster: L Ludik; T Bowe, J Payne, S McCloskey, C Gilroy; P Jackson, P Marshall; A Warwick, R Best (c), W Herbst, L Stevenson, F van der Merwe, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams.
Replacements: R Herring, C Black, D Fitzpatrick, C Ross, R Wilson, M Heaney, S Olding, D Cave.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC

Post by lostinwales Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:28 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Bring on Williams for the kicking and move him to 10

Williams is on - at 12. He has been taking the kicks while playing at 12 recently. If he isnt today its because he wasnt looking too good with the kicking in the last match or 2

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester Tigers vs Ulster - Welford Road ERCC

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:29 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:That's twice the receiving player has jumped into the opposition purposely going for the penalty and you still get eejits calling for red cards????????

Don't be silly Pete, you are being ridiculous here.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm

nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I hope he gets a big ban for that

So much for Tigers don't cite.

??

A fan saying he hopes that he gets a good ban is the same as the actual tigers team citing someone?

It's pretty appalling to call for a player to to get banned for anything except violent play, even in the heat of the moment. It could have been red and Gilroy was an idiot but thats just lacking in class, and Leicester as a club have traditionally shown a lot of class in that area.

Last edited by Notch on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm

Lucky there for Ulster they could be nearly 30 down

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm

Lucky escape, some of the worst defence from Ulster in a long time and lineout is gone too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm

Ulster are all over the place and too much poor kicking

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm

1. If that try had been awarded, it was all over.
2. Kitchener and Salvi have been as good as I've seen them.
3. Did Payne come back on after the concussion check?
4. I've hardly seen Jackson touch the ball.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm

Were Ulster favourites for this match? They are terrible tigers totally bossing this match it's like men against boys

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:34 pm

That was terrible from Ulster. You come to a place like Welford Road and expect to face the best, so if you lose and play well you can take it on the chin. But to come and play like that, and not even force Leicester to have to play well to get a lead like that, thats terrible.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:34 pm

Notch, the club opt not to cite but as a fan of rugby I hate to see cheap shots that endanger the health of players and that's what Gilroy did. Bowe was a completely different matter and it was right there was no card there. Dropping someone on their head is both dangerous and a red card by the letter of the law so Gilroy should have gone. Pete, I'm not an eejit and that was a nasty tackle of a player on the air, Ulster fans know how harshly those type of tackles should be penalised.

Tigers need to get more points on the board. Ulster have a very strong bench and we don't. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Ulster fight back.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Notch, the club opt not to cite but as a fan of rugby I hate to see cheap shots that endanger the health of players and that's what Gilroy did. Bowe was a completely different matter and it was right there was no card there. Dropping someone on their head is both dangerous and a red card by the letter of the law so Gilroy should have gone. Pete, I'm not an eejit and that was a nasty tackle of a player on the air, Ulster fans know how harshly those type of tackles should be penalised.

Tigers need to get more points on the board. Ulster have a very strong bench and we don't. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Ulster fight back.

It was a brain fart, it wasn't a malicious attempt to endanger someone's health. You could clearly see Gilroy looked totally panicked afterwards, he realised he had completely messed up. It was a nasty tackle though and he paid the price. I think a yellow was the right call, but to be honest I couldn't have argued too much with a red.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm

Notch wrote:
nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:

??

A fan saying he hopes that he gets a good ban is the same as the actual tigers team citing someone?

It's pretty appalling to call for a player to to get banned for anything except violent play, even in the heat of the moment. It could have been red and Gilroy was an idiot but thats just lacking in class, and Leicester as a club have traditionally shown a lot of class in that area.

you could class most of the game as violent play.

Still, your confusing the actual club who has control of weather to cite or not with us fans.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm

Ulster doing their best to rival Munster's first half performance today.

First things first, they've got to sort out those lineouts. They've been taken to the cleaners there and if they don't sort it they cannot win. Lineouts are vital for possession.

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:37 pm

nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:
nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:

??

Still, your confusing the actual club who has control of weather to cite or not with us fans.

No I'm not. I'm making reference to the ethos of the club. I'm stubborn and opinionated, I'm not stupid Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:37 pm

What a shambles. Very poor from Ulster. Hoping for a massively improved 2nd half just to have a chance of leaving with a win.

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:37 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Notch, the club opt not to cite but as a fan of rugby I hate to see cheap shots that endanger the health of players and that's what Gilroy did. Bowe was a completely different matter and it was right there was no card there. Dropping someone on their head is both dangerous and a red card by the letter of the law so Gilroy should have gone. Pete, I'm not an eejit and that was a nasty tackle of a player on the air, Ulster fans know how harshly those type of tackles should be penalised.

i think it's going to be very close at the end, i've been happy with the performance of tigers this half. They've showed some real intensity.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

Notch wrote:
nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:
nathan wrote:
Notch wrote:

??

No I'm not. I'm making reference to the ethos of the club. I'm stubborn and opinionated, I'm not stupid Smile

haha, me too so we'll leave it with i'm right and your wrong! Wink

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

profitius wrote:Ulster doing their best to rival Munster's first half performance today.

First things first, they've got to sort out those lineouts. They've been taken to the cleaners there and if they don't sort it they cannot win. Lineouts are vital for possession.

It will be very, very hard to rival their second half performance though.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:39 pm

Any word on Manu Tuilagi's injury? Horrendous luck for him.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:That's disgraceful from Gilroy a cynical tackle in the air with Benjamin landing on his upper shoulder. Should have been red. I hope he gets a big ban for that he's only going to get back on because Benjamin didn't stay down for treatment.

Nice to see Tigers turning it on. Youngs and Kitchener have been outstanding.

You're being silly, Sam. Behave yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:41 pm

I'd take a losing bonus point at this stage. But the absolutely crucial thing is keeping a clean sheet in the second half and not letting them get the fourth try. No point in chasing the game wildly. 4-0 is still better than 5-0. We got 4-0 in the first game at Welford Road and got through as second place in 2011-2012. Long shot but its possible. 5-0 and it's gone
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:42 pm

I disagree Rory he follows through into the tackle and lifts his arms ensuring Benjamin went over his shoulder. As Bowe showed you can attempt to control the player in the air and help him land in a safe way. Anyway leave that now.

Tigers can't control possess for 80 mins. Ulster will get some ball in the second half and Tigers will have to be on song in defence as Ulster have yet to hit their stride. We have two nines on the bench and two twenty year old front row replacements. Ulster will finish the stronger.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:44 pm

Like Stephen Ferris as a pundit.

Although his scarves are going to need to be a lot more effete if he wants to replicate what Austin Healey has 'achieved' in the pitchside fashion stakes.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:44 pm

Benjamin has had a lot of worries over his neck so i'm sure Sam was just worried about the landing.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:48 pm

nathan wrote:Benjamin has had a lot of worries over his neck so i'm sure Sam was just worried about the landing.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about your own player, that wasn't the issue.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm

nathan wrote:Benjamin has had a lot of worries over his neck so i'm sure Sam was just worried about the landing.

Probably, we probably just need to try a bit of peace, love and understanding. Sorry Sam.

I thought Gilroy was just mentally ruined, which is why I'm disgusted with him. Not malicious but just a really stupid mistake he should be better than. Not the kind of player who is stupid enough to do that on purpose to try and hurt somebody, thought he was better than being the kind of player who panics and has a brain fart like that. Such a basic error.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:51 pm

Notch wrote:

Hug

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:51 pm

Kitchener is going steady for that MOTM award.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:52 pm

Did the players leave their brains back in Belfast? My word.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:53 pm

Ugh, for gods sake.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:53 pm

Amazing to see Brad Thorn out there.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:53 pm

TJ wrote:
Notch wrote:

Hug

TJ you salty old dog...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:56 pm

This is so frustrating. Sadly I don't think we can be anything less than perfect in this pool to get out of it and... this ain't perfect. It ain't even close to good enough.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 8:59 pm

Notch wrote:This is so frustrating. Sadly I don't think we can be anything less than perfect in this pool to get out of it and... this ain't perfect. It ain't even close to good enough.

there is still time for us to man sausage this up, don't worry about it yet!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:00 pm

Nice kick but this will have to be an epicfightback. SUFTUM

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm

that should of been a pen to us, clearly the ulster play wasn't on his feet. His forearms were on the floor.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:05 pm

poor kick by youngs

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

Mixed emotions- where was that for the first 55 minutes?! But that such a good try though
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

Great rugby there! COME ON ULSTER!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

Ulster kicking everything. Take a chance and run with it!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

Great try!
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

What a TRY!!!!!!!! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

outstanding try by Ulster there.

Downhill from now on Sad

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:07 pm

What a good try shows what can happen with a decent line out

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:07 pm

We have two options and i think neither will result in a win. We can put the young bench on or we can keep the starting team on and run the risk of being tied.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:13 pm

Nice kick but this will have to be an epicfightback. SUFTUM

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:18 pm

Straight away from 15, look at what happens when Payne has space to run.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:18 pm

Now if he's got this... it will be interesting.

YES
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:19 pm

Game on

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:19 pm

Yaayyyy!!!!! VDM!!!! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next