The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA Bound for Glory - Results

+4
talkingpoint
wheelchair1991
Kay Fabe
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

TNA Bound for Glory - Results  Empty TNA Bound for Glory - Results

Post by Fernando Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:21 pm

(1) Minoru Tanaka defeated Manik with a Minoru Special

(2) Ethan Carter III defeated Ryota Hama

(3) MVP defeated Kazma Sakamoto with the Drive By Kick

(4) Samoa Joe retained the X Division Title over Kaz Hayashi and Low Ki with a Coquina Clutch on Ki. This was the match of the night.

(5) Jiro & Yusuke Kodama def. Andy Wu & El Hijo del Pantera.

(6) Team 3D def. Abyss & Tommy Dreamer. After the match, Team 3D brought a Bullet Club shirt into the ring, and threatened to put the entire group through tables. A strange segment, as Bullet Club is a massive New Japan faction, and one that has nothing to do with TNA or Wrestle-1. That said, Bully Ray did indicate that they’d be going after a new set of tag titles soon…

(7) Havok def. Velvet Sky. Again, this was likely be put over as a title match in the U.S. A lot of negative reports from this one.

(8) The Great Muta & Yoshihiro Tajiri def. James Storm & The Great Sanada. After the match, Manik came out and Storm’s group triple teamed the babyfaces, but Team 3D made the save and cleared house. The new Hall of Famers ended the night with a big “TNA” chant.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA Bound for Glory - Results  Empty Re: TNA Bound for Glory - Results

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Shambolic decision from TNA - totally burired their own Superbowl

Wonder what Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and to a lesser extent Bobby Lashley made of this

Sometimes its a little to easy to dig out TNA but on this occassion all the negativity that comes their way will be justified

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:10 pm

What a shame from TNA

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:51 pm

So the only match that meant anything I.e. With a storyline and the TNA guys lost! Storm's revolution has been building for months and he loses at its first PPV? I guess the Great Muta booked and wrote the script for BFG this year. Glad EC3 won.

I just want to forgot about the disaster which is BFG 2014, even as a TNA fan I can't defend it. But I suspect we will get an announcement about a new TV deal soon now BFG is over. TNA need to look to the future and making 2015 the best year ever in the company's history to make up for this year.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:08 am

Who is the TNA heavyweight champion and why are they not on this show? Or are they and I'm just being stupid?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 am

Lashley is the champ dmo why he wasnt on what a total mess

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am

This debacle just sums TNA up entirely. When it was announced that BFG would be held in Japan it was seen as a great idea, expanding into new territories and get an entirely new fan base. Then it was announced it would essentially be an exhibition show.

Doing things like turning your flagship PPV into an exhibition PPV with another organization is whats got TNA into the mess its in. Its almost like they dont want their company to survive, and at times, im not sure they deserve to.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:30 am

Samo wrote:This debacle just sums TNA up entirely.  When it was announced that BFG would be held in Japan it was seen as a great idea, expanding into new territories and get an entirely new fan base.  Then it was announced it would essentially be an exhibition show.

Doing things like turning your flagship PPV into an exhibition PPV with another organization is whats got TNA into the mess its in.  Its almost like they dont want their company to survive, and at times, im not sure they deserve to.

The reason the show is what it is, is simply down to money. Wrestle 1 are paying for the show - TNA get a PPV for no outlay. Yes this sucks but its a cost cutting exercise when they are in serious financial trouble.

At the time, they had no future network and possibly this was the only way to continue.

It is a debacle and I don't think anyone will/ can defend it. But for me, if it means that TNA can survive until the new network (should it happen), then I am willing to just ignore the PPV as if it didn't happen.

There are a few more taped shows before TNA runs out of filmed episode and I am hoping that we hear about the new network very soon.

Its a real shame as the TV product has been very strong. Lets hope a new TV deal has been found and they get some proper promotion behind them.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Well I didn't have great hopes for this one but will still tune in, just to have a look at what Wrestle 1 fans are watching.

I still think it will be interesting as a novelty - I'll just try to forget whatever storylines and/or feuds get trashed as a result.

As Adam said, this was done, basically just to keep TNA ticking over until a new TV can be signed. You can't really treat this the same way you would if WWE made a total hash of Wrestlemania.

This was something they did because they had to...not because the creative team had a collective brainfart...which admittedly is the usual problem.

By the way, did anyone catch Wrestle Talk TV last night? There was a segment featuring Al Snow. I missed most of it but caught the end where he said TNA's problems stem from the fact they don't invest in developing characters enough and that they promote the brand at the expense of their talent...hence why you get crowds chanting "TNA" instead of for individual wrestlers, more often than not.

Sounded interesting...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm sure a new deal will or even has been made and TNA are waiting for the right time (presumably after BFG). It would be a tragedy if TNA has no deal at the end of the year and this is how TNA is remembered.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down