The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Trinidad v GGG

+3
AdamT
hazharrison
ONETWOFOREVER
7 posters

Go down

Prime Trinidad v GGG Empty Prime Trinidad v GGG

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:28 am

Middleweight

who wins?

I see GGG winning. Never really rated Felix. Looked great against Joppy but totally outboxed by ODLH, WINKY and HOPPO. Basically any fighter with a brain had his number. However I know he has a lot of admirers so convince me that GGG does not blow him out inside the distance.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Prime Trinidad v GGG Empty Re: Prime Trinidad v GGG

Post by hazharrison Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:29 am

Too many variables. Trinidad was a welterweight, Golovkin hasn't faced anyone in his class (as a fighter).

Somebody would get knocked out. Probably.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:30 am

hazharrison wrote:Too many variables. Trinidad was a welterweight, Golovkin hasn't faced anyone in his class (as a fighter).

Somebody would get knocked out. Probably.

I agree and if I had my last fiver, I would put it on GGG. Simply because Trinidad was better as a welter and GGG is a beast.

What about Hopkins vs GGG?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:31 am

Can't fancy Tito at 160.....GGG is a big middle..

Ko8..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:33 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't fancy Tito at 160.....GGG is a big middle..

Ko8..

Good shout. Would take a natural middleweight to beat GGG or somebody like a Hearns who could catch him and hurt him bad.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Oct 2014, 5:44 am

The size difference isn't as great as some make it out to be (Trinidad was a huge Welter and Golovkin has always looked a pretty average-sized Middle, to me) but nevertheless 160 does suit Golovkin better, and Tito's defence was never great at the best of times, along with a chin that was known to be a little tender now and then as well. I could see another really entertaining shootout for Trinidad, like the ones he had against Campas and Vargas, with both men hurt and maybe tasting the canvas at some point - only this time I think the bigger, more technically refined fighter is left standing at the end. Golovkin by KO in the middle to late rounds.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm

GGG's camp reckon that he can make Light Middle. and on the 30 days away weigh in GGG weighed in at 165, only 5 pounds over the actual Middleweight limit that far out, can't quite remember what Rubio was but pretty sure he was something close to 175.

GGG isn't really a massive 160lber and he usually doesn't put much on overnight, he simply appears to be a genuine beast.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Oct 2014, 6:33 pm

Oh and as for the answer, Trinidad gets KTFO'd. He got knocked down quite a lot early in a fair few fights, GGG does not let him off the hook. Ever.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 06 Oct 2014, 12:37 pm

Trninidad would be a massive step up in quality from anything Golovkin has faced. I know Tito liked to fight and was often easy to hit, but he could be quite elusive when he wanted to be. I would actually say he was harder to hit than anybody they have given to Golovkin for him to feast on so far. Im lookin forward to Golovkin stepping up to fight some better fighters, I think he will turn out to be the real deal, but I would want to see some more before sticking my house on him beating a guy like Trinidad

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down