The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More impressive/defining - Ali circa 1 or 2?

+7
azania
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
Rowley
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More impressive/defining  - Ali circa 1  or  2? - Page 2 Empty More impressive/defining - Ali circa 1 or 2?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

We have the pre-vietnam exoduas Clay/Ali who was the unbeatable dancing machine..beat the unbeatable monster that was Liston twice...scored perhaps his greatest performance against Big Cat, superb against Folley and was without doubt one of the greatest ring animals and in his pomp..

Then we have the relatively leg-less. rope-a-doping circa 2 post-Vietnam exodus who lost to Norton/Frazier and Spinks but avenged both losses twice, fought in some superfights and beat another unbeatable monster in Foreman..

Two different Ali's both great but with different skill sets....

for you which one was most impressive/defining..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

More impressive/defining  - Ali circa 1  or  2? - Page 2 Empty Re: More impressive/defining - Ali circa 1 or 2?

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 6:21 pm

azania wrote:I bet when you went to live fights it was also in black and white Very Happy

Nice one. Very Happy That puts you one up, today.

But it's early, yet............................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

More impressive/defining  - Ali circa 1  or  2? - Page 2 Empty Re: More impressive/defining - Ali circa 1 or 2?

Post by azania Wed 25 May 2011, 6:23 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:I bet when you went to live fights it was also in black and white Very Happy

Nice one. Very Happy That puts you one up, today.

But it's early, yet............................

I'm retiring Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 6:47 pm

Here you go, az.

Ali v Quarry II ( in two parts. )

It's all there. Skills, coordination, speed, stiffer punching, and even a shuffle or two. Oh, and your second favourite fighter introduced to the crowd before the fight begins.

Sadly, it's in colour, but you can't have everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5LC8rOdpe8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IqkLccQ94

Enjoy.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 May 2011, 7:00 pm

Joe looked like he was a suitable opponent for Rocky. Perhaps a little too young though. Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 7:04 pm

azania wrote:Joe looked like he was a suitable opponent for Rocky. Perhaps a little too young though. Whistle

About the right age to give today's fat boys a spanking, I'd say.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 May 2011, 7:10 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:Joe looked like he was a suitable opponent for Rocky. Perhaps a little too young though. Whistle

About the right age to give today's fat boys a spanking, I'd say.

Nah. It would be in colour HD and 3D so the fat boys would eat him up pdq.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 27 May 2011, 10:31 am

Definitely sitting on the fence this one, but great question. I think the Ali / Clay mystique was enhanced by the mastering of both styles. This is what makes him the greatest

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:45 am

If we're going to talk musicians,for a while, anyhow; The Clash had a great song on their first lp called "What's my name?", of course inspired by Ali.
Also ,the great line in another song,"No Elvis, Beatles or The Rolling Stones in 1977". (Bloomin' hypocrites,eh!)
Rowley you know I defer to your good self on matters boxing sometimes, but Elvis tryed to GRASS UP The Beatles to Nixon, and people only talk about the comeback show because he wised up to Jim Morrison (granted he was an Elvis rip-off).
After he went to the army he was lost to The Man. However, I know Elvis fans are more dogmatic than Ali fans....but hey, Ali did have Two decent careers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2