The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Pal Joey
littleswannygirl
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
Adam D
kingraf
14 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Tue 16 Sep 2014, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Headed to the dam this weekend. God I've missed it. Girlfriend's never been and I'm undecided on whether to take her or not.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:43 pm

Thanks raf, although it was Garden Decor, I don't live in the shed.

Not yet, anyway.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

He'll be alright. He likes South Africa. He can sell one of his sheds here and buy a 5 bed villa out there.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

Don't have a shed... But my girlfriend's dad does. He's never taken me to it though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:51 pm

That is true Sean. Minimum wage is like £5 a week for casuals. You could build the most opulent house this side of the equator for the price of a one bedroom apartment in Brighton.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:59 pm

Speaking of sheds, I have managed to shed 5lb over the last week.

I'll be at super-middle before you know it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm

Speaking of Sheds I went to see Shed Seven last christmas. Not relevant, but no less tenuous or clunky than Union's segue into his weight loss comment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm

Union Cane wrote:Speaking of sheds, I have managed to shed 5lb over the last week.

Do you need to Shed 7?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Speaking of sheds, I have managed to shed 5lb over the last week.

Do you need to Shed 7?

Nearer 37.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

Rowley wrote:segue

Great stuff, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Great stuff, Jeff.

I think Sean drives a Kia Segue.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:10 pm

Great stuff, Jeff.

I think Sean drives a Kia Segue.

KIA Soul.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:10 pm

Great stuff, Jeff.

Ian Rankin uses that a lot in the Rebus novels, I always mentally pronounced it to myself as "seeg" though, which wasn't quite right.

Still, as long as I keep it to myself nobody need ever know.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:12 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Too late. Everyone now knows you read Ian Rankin novels.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

I'm sure we all enjoy Rankin.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Too late. Everyone now knows you read Ian Rankin novels.
Only when he's not reading Dean Koontz books

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm

I don't know Rankin. I prefer the works of modern day philosopher, Kanye West.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm sure we all enjoy Rankin.

Never read one.

I only read non-fiction books on WWII or insects these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm

You'll presumably know the plural of daddy long legs then?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm

I could do with some new fiction to read, don't recommend crime fiction anyone, I will almost certainly ignore you. Fiction is like classical music, am sure I would enjoy loads of it, but too much guff to wade through to get to that stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm

Not willing to at least "Make an effort", Geoff?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:35 pm

Rowley wrote:I could do with some new fiction to read, don't recommend crime fiction anyone, I will almost certainly ignore you. Fiction is like classical music, am sure I would enjoy loads of it, but too much guff to wade through to get to that stuff.

I can unrecommend the Rebus novels by Ian Rankin, they are littered with phrases like "Segue into Shattered Dreams, Johnny Hates Jazz" which get annoying after a while.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:36 pm

Currently reading Steve Backshall's Most Poisonous Creatures.

It's f*cking great. Best review I can give it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm

kingraf wrote:Not willing to at least "Make an effort", Geoff?

Not at all Raf. I am pig headed and stuck in my ways. I view anything new with suspicion, cynicism and contempt.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Currently reading Steve Backshall's Most Poisonous Creatures.  

It's f*cking great.  Best review I can give it.

His book may be good, but he is no Greg Wallace on the dancefloor.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:40 pm

Rowley wrote:I could do with some new fiction to read, don't recommend crime fiction anyone, I will almost certainly ignore you. Fiction is like classical music, am sure I would enjoy loads of it, but too much guff to wade through to get to that stuff.

You've read some Phillip Roth haven't you? He is always worth a go.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:44 pm

You've read some Phillip Roth haven't you?  He is always worth a go.

Read Monsoon by wilbur smith. you like old fashioned sheeet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm

I have Tina, but as I have read the Plot Against America and American Pastoral I kind of feel like I've read his best stuff, might go back to him though, as he is good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Read Monsoon by wilbur smith. you like old fashioned sheeet.

It is the dawn of the Eighteenth Century. At the farthest edges of the known world, the mighty East India Trading Company suffers catastrophic losses from pirates on the high seas. After four years away from service, master mariner Sir Hal Courtney prepares for his latest and most dangerous voyage – a death or glory mission in the name of Empire and the crown.

But Hal must also think about the fate of his four sons. All are very different from each other. But each will have a crucial part to play in shaping the Courtney's destiny. Separated by the winds of hazard, adventure will rule their future – just as passion will forge their lives...

Wilbur Smith carries all the powerful drama and rich emotions of a bygone time into his action-packed tale of the sea. Monsoon is a masterpiece from the world's greatest storyteller.

That sounds f*cking terrible.

I will stick to WWII and insects.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm

*Courtneys'
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

Feck off. It is a good tale. Besides he wants fiction not facts about anthroponds.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

Can't even extract properly
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:59 pm

Got to be honest, I am with Tina on this, it sounds awful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:59 pm

kingraf wrote:Can't even extract properly

I only copied and pasted. You don't think I typed all that out do you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Got to be honest, I am with Tina on this, it sounds awful.

It's escapism nonsense.

It's for daydreamers and battle reenactment fans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:01 pm

Union Cane wrote:

I can unrecommend the Rebus novels by Ian Rankin, they are littered with phrases like "Segue into Shattered Dreams, Johnny Hates Jazz" which get annoying after a while.
John Connelly, Joe Lansdale, Lawrence Block and James Lee Burke will almost certainly disabuse you of the notion that crime fiction is rubbish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:08 pm

Don't recall saying it was rubbish.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:13 pm

“I was neat, clean, shaved and sober and I didn't care who knew it.”

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:14 pm

Recently read A Tale of Two Cities, The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden. All fantastic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Sep 2014, 4:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:“I was neat, clean, shaved and sober and I didn't care who knew it.”

"Lied Sean as he cleaned vomit off his shoes".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:“I was neat, clean, shaved and sober and I didn't care who knew it.”

"Lied Sean as he cleaned vomit off his shoes".

I'm liberal with the truth, not a liar.

Missus has grey's anatomy on. Bloody rubbish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 7:53 pm

TSMR watches that Sean, is basically ER for gay blokes and women. I am fairly confident in saying there is not one straight bloke in the world who enjoys that show.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm

I always thought Universally Challenged was de rigour for the culture cupcakes?  Followed by Only Connect with Victoria Coren. Who would by the way?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:19 pm

Having a mare on UC. Only got Ginseng so far.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

Barry would get it if she stopped nodding with an inane grin on her boat

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:31 pm

She seems a little demented. Gunnarson needs a smack in the chops the smug tw@t.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

I preffered only connect on bbc4. Much better as a secret pleasure. Mainstream killed the geek.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm

Hibbz wrote:I preffered only connect on bbc4. Much better as a secret pleasure. Mainstream killed the geek.

It's on bbc 2 now. That bird presenting has some serious artillery. Zorko was on UC as we'll.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:45 pm

John Irving, especially his earlier stuff.  I particularly liked Hotel New Hampshire, Cider House Rules and A Prayer For Owen Meany, all of which have been made into films, the first and last mentioned really sh1t ones.  Would also recommend The Water Method Man and Setting Free The Bears.

Recently read A Widow For One Year which was quite good once I'd got over the fact that it didn't seem to be particularly well-written.  He is a genius when it comes to story-telling though.

Would also highly recommend The Secret History by Donna Tartt.  She's fairly doable in an I'd-like-to-jizz-over-your-smugly-posh-face kind of way so if you don't like the book (which isn't very likely) you can always knock one out while you stare at the photo on the inside cover.

Would compile an extensive list of all the fiction I've enjoyed but the wounds from the rejection of my Guide To London For Jeff are still raw.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:57 pm

Galted I love you. Even if I don't read any of the books you have mentioned I fully intend to pretend I have, I think there can be no clearer indication about how bad I feel about l'affaire London.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:27 pm

Cheers, Jeff, I feel really chipper now. I'm really touched that you would pretend to read something I recommended. I love you too of course, in a respectful non-bum involvement kind of way.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next